(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 161.
#4451 3 years ago

Just went and loaded a fresh set of BallBarron carbon steel balls into it which it has had all along but figured I'd give it a shot. Same result for all settings. Just rechecked incline and it is indeed at 7*.

#4452 3 years ago

Curious of everyone’s opinion:

Considering how often crypt multi ball happens would anyone want accompanying music? Or sounds? Or a different “jackpot” noise?

It’s a little anti climactic in its current state imo

Also, if there isn’t a damn spinner mode/super spinner/etc coming up I’m gonna cry

#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Curious of everyone’s opinion:
Considering how often crypt multi ball happens would anyone want accompanying music? Or sounds? Or a different “jackpot” noise?
Also, if there isn’t a damn spinner mode/super spinner/etc coming up I’m gonna cry

I'd prefer there to be LESS 'Crypt Multiballs'. Make the jackpots score more, but make it harder to achieve. Honestly, I try to stay away from Crypt as much as possible, unless I have a mode coming up where I know I can use it. (Frankenstein Multiball, Zombie, Insects, etc.)

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'd prefer there to be LESS 'Crypt Multiballs'. Make the jackpots score more, but make it harder to achieve. Honestly, I try to stay away from Crypt as much as possible, unless I have a mode coming up where I know I can use it. (Frankenstein Multiball, Zombie, Insects, etc.)

Crypt MB with Pit Creature is awesome

#4455 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I like the strategic component. I also believe the “ease” is to make multiplayer games more “fun” for casual players. Stealing locked balls and such.

Maybe “nightmare” level hard could change the rules more?

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Indeed. I tire of "Crypt Monkee Ball" as my wife calls it. Esp when it likely causes an immediate ball drain / ball relaunch.

I do enjoy that the werewolf mode actually makes having multi ball active a hindrance tho.

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

I do enjoy that the werewolf mode actually makes having multi ball active a hindrance tho.

Yup, gotta hit those red shots by accident!
I suck at this mode!

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I agree - the multi ball is very anti-climatic. There also needs to be sweet noise effects/callouts for the ball locks and for achieving the bonus multiplier. I have heard that TheNoTrashCougar knows a few things about killer sound effects. Let's keep the bug/enhancements thread rolling!

Super spinner in TNA is the best EVER!

#4459 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup, gotta hit those red shots by accident!
I suck at this mode!

Funny - I have no issue with Werewolf.
But Zombie?
I swear - I have YET to beat this monster. I just haven't. I suck at it.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

But Zombie?

It's pretty easy if you stack it with Crypt Multiball

#4461 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

But Zombie?

i have read that about zombie several times on here but its actually one of my favorites

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's pretty easy if you stack it with Crypt Multiball

I've tried and tried - even WITH Crypt Multiball. STILL haven't beat that sucker.

#4463 3 years ago

I feel like this was discussed a little while back but anybody else feel like the hurry up jackpot often times doesn’t get incorporated into your monster score when you hit it? I just had an Igor mode where my first shot was 6mil, second was approx 11.8mil and my final was 18mil. That’s 35.8 mil right there and I hit the hurry up for approx 14mil and yet I ended with 35.8mil. Hope this is being addressed!! I do agree with you guys that crypt multiball needs a bit more to it and some music to go with it would be a start! The super spinner would make a fantastic addition to this game as well and even if it was just available during crypt multiball, it would be awesome. Although it would be cool to maybe have it accessible as a mystery bonus, other than seeing things that clearly won’t be put into the code such as “tilt next player”, “battle mummy” “battle Igor” or “battle Alice”. Actual options with maybe one random one for laughs would do justice in that department. Really looking forward to the code drop soon!!!

#4464 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

But Zombie?

I got lucky with Zombie a few times but ya.

#4465 3 years ago

So for those of you with ball save magnet issues with the ball grabbing, hovering, then draining like mine was, here is the definitive fix:

Remove the resistor that is inline with the magnet! After doing this all patterns work for me and throw the ball differently (I have the resistor setting turned on). Awesome effect now with the ball launching back up into play, I love it!

Thanks a lot to Spooky support!

I had tried all of the following with no success before reaching out to them:
- New carbon steel balls (to ensure they were not magnetized)
- Added the pinball life magnet core plastic
- Ensured 7 degree playfield pitch
- Ensured latest code (V1.1.0.0 as of this posting)
- Checked all pattern/resistor settings combinations

#4466 3 years ago

My machine doesn't have the top resistor. I never checked for the bottom resistor though.

Always solder and use shrink wrap. If you do use a wire nut, don't twist the wires together with your fingers. Let the wire nut do it. It does a better job of gripping the wires and not falling off.

FYI, I bought one of those cheap Pinball Life IDC connector tools. They suck and hurt your hands trying to push down. I had to push up against a block of wood in one hand while pushing the tool with the other. It is probably not bad on a small connector like this one, but with larger connectors you'll bust your ass and the tool doesn't last. On those, I cut out the IDC connector and install a Molex connector with Trifurcon crimps. But you have to buy the crimp tool. Molex connectors are far superior connectors. It's a good $25.00 investment. Bad IDC connectors are part of pinball.

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So for those of you with ball save magnet issues with the ball grabbing, hovering, then draining like mine was, here is the definitive fix:
Remove the resistor that is inline with the magnet! After doing this all patterns work for me and throw the ball differently (I have the resistor setting turned on). Awesome effect now with the ball launching back up into play, I love it!

Thanks a lot to Spooky support!
I had tried all of the following with no success before reaching out to them:
- New carbon steel balls (to ensure they were not magnetized)
- Added the pinball life magnet core plastic
- Ensured 7 degree playfield pitch
- Ensured latest code (V1.1.0.0 as of this posting)
- Checked all pattern/resistor settings combinations

Thanks for posting this! My magnet has been mostly worthless, same setup as yours. Any idea why the resistor was there in the first place? On the to do list for tomorrow.

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Thanks for posting this! My magnet has been mostly worthless, same setup as yours. Any idea why the resistor was there in the first place? On the to do list for tomorrow.

Wow, huge difference! No more flaccid magnet saves.

#4469 3 years ago

How is there not a call out when you achieve a multiplier?!

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

How is there not a call out when you achieve a multiplier?!

Maybe when they get all the bugs worked out they can focus on the rest. Great game but moved on from it when code update came out and it still had many bugs left.

#4471 3 years ago

Game is too good to get rid of for me.

#4472 3 years ago

I'm having balls stick when softer shots go up the secret passage to transition to outer lane. Has anyone had this problem as can't see anything because under upper playfield. Tough to take upper off? Cheers

#4473 3 years ago

does anyone make a shooter lane protector for ACNC? Cliffy doesn't.

#4474 3 years ago

Since the latest release, having an issue with the crypt lock. Start game, Crypt lock goes up/down .. can even score 2.5 million before launching the first ball. Anyone else had this ‘Spooky’ behavior.

#4475 3 years ago

Could be a Ghost in the machine?
Or an opto problem?

#4476 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm having balls stick when softer shots go up the secret passage to transition to outer lane. Has anyone had this problem as can't see anything because under upper playfield. Tough to take upper off? Cheers

Yes - I had the same issue. It was the switch through that lane - if I remember right it's the furthest up ball roll-over switch, which is obscured by the upper playfield. Once the playfield is up, look all the way at the bottom of the playfield, there's a curved wireform attached to a switch that I had to pull off and bend down so there was less 'switch' in the way. I believe it's detailed in this post earlier back, someone sent me a picture of the playfield and I copied and circled the area in question.

#4477 3 years ago

wcbrandes it's post #4359 in this message list. I'm attaching the picture of the playfield with my mark-ups.

ACNC bare playfield with secret passage trouble (resized).pngACNC bare playfield with secret passage trouble (resized).png
#4478 3 years ago

Heh. Poor Spooky's Twitter feed was hacked.

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Heh. Poor Spooky's Twitter feed was hacked.

Oh geez. Spooky ray ban glasses.

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Wow, huge difference! No more flaccid magnet saves.

WOW. That is great. Now what about us with problems who don't have the resistors?

#4481 3 years ago

WOW. That is great. Now what about us with problems who don't have the resistors?

Assuming you've gone through the different mag/resistor settings and added the plastic spacer.....contact [email protected]

#4482 3 years ago

New rubber, balls and a wax. Still playing great! Waiting for that next update

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4483 3 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Assuming you've gone through the different mag/resistor settings and added the plastic spacer.....contact [email protected]

Yeah, its the weirdest thing. Used to work if I screwed with it, now no setting works, tho changing the resistor to "on" or "off" clearly does something even as it changes the way the ball reacts when "thrown" even tho I don't have the resistor. I guess I'll have to contact Spooky again....

#4484 3 years ago

It's a shame the OP is an inactive Pinside member so we can't label key posts anymore I've found some good info in this thread that took a bit of searching.

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

A bug I just had on the latest software: on ball 4 and 5 the skillshot screen wouldn't go away.
I made several shots, even locked a ball in the crypt, but skilkshot screen was shown all the time..

Just encountered this same bug for balls 3 and 4(of a 3 ball game). I got an extra ball on ball 2 and then balls 3 and 4 would not exit the skillshot screen no matter what I did. All monster progress appeared lost(lights went out on playfield). Crypt multiball was about the only thing working at that point as far as modes. I had Frank, Ethyl, and Pit Creature done at that point.

#4486 3 years ago

Yeah, its the weirdest thing. Used to work if I screwed with it, now no setting works, tho changing the resistor to "on" or "off" clearly does something even as it changes the way the ball reacts when "thrown" even tho I don't have the resistor. I guess I'll have to contact Spooky again....

The resistor setting will do /something/ regardless of whether you have the resistor installed. What it's supposed to do is change the timings to account for the resistor being in circuit. But even without it in circuit, the timings still change.

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It's a shame the OP is an inactive Pinside member so we can't label key posts anymore .

There are Mods and some members who can mark key posts - not the OP.

I can do it ...I always mark them if I see something that is like a code update or technical information.

rd

#4488 3 years ago

Let’s be real ,how many people are coming to this spot everyday waiting for the next code drop?....

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Let’s be real ,how many people are coming to this spot everyday waiting for the next code drop?....

Count me. As I believe this can still become the greatest pin ever made.

#4490 3 years ago

I come here to see if someone is thinking of putting their machine up for sale near me!

#4491 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I am as well. But not seeing or really hearing much. Whereas Eric is constantly working on the R&M code and talks about it often. Being a buyer of both machines from the same company and following both closely, you would think they were from different companies with the way code is discussed and handled. Just two different types of programmers I suppose. Not a bad thing, but with how involved and transparent Eric is, it makes you wish every game was handled that way.

#4492 3 years ago

Me too. And it's disappointing.
I hardly play my machine anymore with the bugs in the latest version. (I am too lazy and uninterested to downgrade).
The last stable release is almost a year ago and since then only talks that more features are coming..

#4493 3 years ago

Both Bowen and Charlie have said new code is set to drop in recent weeks, I’m guessing FawzmaGames has a few final bugs to splat before we get the goodies.

#4494 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Yes - I had the same issue. It was the switch through that lane - if I remember right it's the furthest up ball roll-over switch, which is obscured by the upper playfield. Once the playfield is up, look all the way at the bottom of the playfield, there's a curved wireform attached to a switch that I had to pull off and bend down so there was less 'switch' in the way. I believe it's detailed in this post earlier back, someone sent me a picture of the playfield and I copied and circled the area in question.

Thats exactly what it was however thanks for answering!

#4495 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thats exactly what it was however thanks for answering!

One other thing to keep in mind... I made a tweak to my machine's left / right balance, which caused the ball to hang up there after the magnet holds the ball during the monster mode secret passage trigger. So I had to tweak it again to make sure the ball doesn't just sit there when the magnet lets go.

#4496 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

One other thing to keep in mind... I made a tweak to my machine's left / right balance, which caused the ball to hang up there after the magnet holds the ball during the monster mode secret passage trigger. So I had to tweak it again to make sure the ball doesn't just sit there when the magnet lets go.

I've had to nudge several times to free the ball due to this fact.

#4497 3 years ago

We just received the prototype from the printer. The borders need to be adjusted slightly but we are getting close! The colors are actually more vivid than what appears in these photos, thanks to my junk camera
IMG_4874.JPGIMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4880.JPGIMG_4880.JPG
#4498 3 years ago

Cant wait to see it on a machine! If it looks as good on the machine as I think it will, then I will be a buyer for sure. I have been holding out on the others to see this one finished.

#4499 3 years ago

Looks absolutely amazing, hoping this decal will have a nice gloss finish. Take my money!

Quoted from netman63129:

We just received the prototype from the printer. The borders need to be adjusted slightly but we are getting close! The colors are actually more vivid than what appears in these photos, thanks to my junk camera
[quoted image][quoted image]

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looks absolutely amazing, hoping this decal will have a nice gloss finish. Take my money!

Yes, there is a nice gloss finish

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/90?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.