(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 161.
#352 5 years ago

Alice with Glow in the Dark Titan bands. Game off, gameroom with purple and green led strips and game on pics. Did not have to remove upper playfield! Fyi, Titan pist sleeves are thicker than stock clear ones.

20190419_171548 (resized).jpg20190419_171548 (resized).jpg20190419_171622 (resized).jpg20190419_171622 (resized).jpg20190419_171741 (resized).jpg20190419_171741 (resized).jpg20190419_171746 (resized).jpg20190419_171746 (resized).jpg20190419_171751 (resized).jpg20190419_171751 (resized).jpg20190419_171807 (resized).jpg20190419_171807 (resized).jpg

#353 5 years ago

Getting upper plastic off without removing upper playfield. I like the homage to Haunted house on the plastic art.

20190419_162342 (resized).jpg20190419_162342 (resized).jpg20190419_162358 (resized).jpg20190419_162358 (resized).jpg20190419_162409 (resized).jpg20190419_162409 (resized).jpg20190419_162415 (resized).jpg20190419_162415 (resized).jpg

#354 5 years ago

I finally played this game and I was impressed. Great immersion and how the music starts - just looks really good too. I did find the shots too tight. Many mentioned this but they really and it makes playing it almost too stressful haha. Otherwise really great addition to Pinball and it felt fresh

LCD animations and art are impressive too. Sound is really good effects specifically

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Alice with Glow in the Dark Titan bands. Game off, gameroom with purple and green led strips and game on pics. Did not have to remove upper playfield! Fyi, Titan pist sleeves are thicker than stock clear ones.

I like the colour, I would want thinner post sleeves though as that would result in more bounce and rejects I would think.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I like the colour, I would want thinner post sleeves though as that would result in more bounce and rejects I would think.

Not sure if it will make a difference or not. So far, still hitting and missing ramps about the same.

#357 5 years ago

Just reached billion dollar babies for the first time. Does anybody know the rules for it? There were red, green, and blue lit arrows. I know the red would take one of your life points away. I think green added time and /or a ball save, and maybe blue advance through the floors? When I hit blue shots I didn’t notice much change on the lcd. Green shots made it look like I was advancing through the floors with an animation on the lcd. Either way it was pretty exciting to play and i can’t wait to get there again!

166AC715-A9A5-4BB4-9619-6D63CD4E3D61.jpeg166AC715-A9A5-4BB4-9619-6D63CD4E3D61.jpeg
#358 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Just reached billion dollar babies for the first time. Does anybody know the rules for it? There were red, green, and blue lit arrows. I know the red would take one of your life points away. I think green added time and /or a ball save, and maybe blue advance through the floors? When I hit blue shots I didn’t notice much change on the lcd. Green shots made it look like I was advancing through the floors with an animation on the lcd. Either way it was pretty exciting to play and i can’t wait to get there again!
[quoted image]

Nice!!! Closest I have been is about halfway. Seems achievable if I have a really good game . I’m an average player , I’m pretty sure you are a little better than me.

#359 5 years ago

Applied the anti-rattle tape and no different than what I had accomplished with electrical tape. Still have sub and bass set lower than how it had arrived.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Applied the anti-rattle tape and no different than what I had accomplished with electrical tape. Still have sub and bass set lower than how it had arrived.

Better though? I haven’t used any tape but the rattle tape is on the way. Maybe in a few years i will look into wider glass trim so there is NO way to get glass/metal contal. Is that a thing? Otherwise really enjoying my game so far.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I finally played this game and I was impressed. Great immersion and how the music starts - just looks really good too. I did find the shots too tight. Many mentioned this but they really and it makes playing it almost too stressful haha. Otherwise really great addition to Pinball and it felt fresh
LCD animations and art are impressive too. Sound is really good effects specifically

Slowly getting some of these shots down here. Love the Upper playfield though..get up there, wipe your ass and go. Pretty cool. The Scott lock and secret passage are a couple of my FAVORITES so far. The hurry-up is challenging but not rediculous too...

Imagine if the didnt let you trap the ball with code 5 seconds before it times out so you cant trap up and “cheat” early. Dumb idea?

#362 5 years ago

[quoted image]

I know the rules

Blue shots advance you through the 20 floors of the castle climb to escape, and the escape value on the LCD should increase. If you hit a green shot you don't climb, but instead you are given a chance to cash out immediately (with the current escape value, not a billion). As you said, red shots take away life points, and your starting life points is (number of monsters killed + 1).

Congratulations!

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I know the rules
Blue shots advance you through the 20 floors of the castle climb to escape, and the escape value on the LCD should increase. If you hit a green shot you don't climb, but instead you are given a chance to cash out immediately (with the current escape value, not a billion). As you said, red shots take away life points, and your starting life points is (number of monsters killed + 1).
Congratulations!

20 floors...I thought there was 9 rooms. Did the new code add floors? Just learning what there all is...I got a few months before mine is ready.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

20 floors...I thought there was 9 rooms. Did the new code add floors? Just learning what there all is...I got a few months before mine is ready.

Perhaps there are 20 floors to the tower which is separate from the rooms.

#365 5 years ago

Floors is only part of the tower/escape portion. More floors (blue) = more bait points for you to jump out safely with at the time you hit a green arrow vs being killed off trying for more (which you do by avoiding red, hitting more blue). Sort of like "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" but no Howie as intermediary.

Decisions, decisions....

(start @ 1:05:00)

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you share what all you ordered? I’d love to get the same.....that and I don’t know all the sizes especially for the posts that are in urgent need of changing out.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Can you share what all you ordered? I’d love to get the same.....that and I don’t know all the sizes especially for the posts that are in urgent need of changing out.

I posted the sizes and numbers on an earlier post. I think it's the previous page.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I posted the sizes and numbers on an earlier post. I think it's the previous page.

Doh, I saw that but didn’t put two and two together. For sleeve you just have a number, is there any size or are all pinball sleeves the same? Sorry, n00b at sleeve changes

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Does that rattle tape really work? I just streamed on facebook live (go ahead laugh ) for friends and family to see the game and the glass does rattle alot!
Agree JustEverette!!! I love that spinning gear When Frankenstein’s Monster rises!! Crazy. You MAY be having an issue locking a ball into Frankenstein’s Monster because the first ball needs to be locked from the lower playfield first. This activates the SDDRDD (Scott Danesi Designed Ramp Diverter Device) to “divert” and lessen the elevation of that shot to lock the Monsters second ball...
Seriously though, does that tape work?

The ACNC at Jacks wasn’t rattling. They sound was actually a little quiet for my preference.

#370 4 years ago

I went with post sleeve standard. They also list a Stern slim. May want to try those.

#371 4 years ago

Alice went to school. Haha. Number 2 is working well. Except for the volume down control.

20190422_084613 (resized).jpg20190422_084613 (resized).jpg
#372 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Alice went to school. Haha. Number 2 is working well. Except for the volume down control.
[quoted image]

I guess you were the winner of show and tell!

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I guess you were the winner of show and tell!

I'm told the kids loved my presentation. I believe it based on their reaction.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I'm told the kids loved my presentation. I believe it based on their reaction.

How many had zero clue as to what a pinball machine was?

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

How many had heard of Alice Cooper?

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Dude, the glow bands look sick. Nice work!

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Dude, the glow bands look sick. Nice work!

Thanks. I ordered the thin post sleeves and going to change them out. The glow effect really adds in the upper playfield, really makes it look creepy.

In other news, made it to 6 monsters last night (only defeated 2 of them). What a rush! Quick tip, sometimes I just can't seem to hit an orbit, so skill shot, mystery scoop, and secret passage really help to give secondary ways to start modes. Plus, starting Frank will really give you some confidence and will end frustration of not being able to start a monster mode. Plus, his mode is just fun with a killer song!

Finally, kudos to the sound effects department. I love hearing the squeals of the insects when I smash them.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks. I ordered the thin post sleeves and going to change them out. The glow effect really adds in the upper playfield, really makes it look creepy.
In other news, made it to 6 monsters last night (only defeated 2 of them). What a rush! Quick tip, sometimes I just can't seem to hit an orbit, so skill shot, mystery scoop, and secret passage really help to give secondary ways to start modes. Plus, starting Frank will really give you some confidence and will end frustration of not being able to start a monster mode. Plus, his mode is just fun with a killer song!
Finally, kudos to the sound effects department. I love hearing the squeals of the insects when I smash them.

Can you post the link to where you got the glow in the dark rubbers?

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Can you post the link to where you got the glow in the dark rubbers?

Titan pinball. I got the silicone bands. They are easier to clean (just wipe with a cloth) and supposedly last longer. I have them on some of my games and they play the same in my opinion.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

[quoted image]

This is an awesome picture to wake up to!! Thanks a bunch for telling the kids about pinball.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Titan pinball. I got the silicone bands. They are easier to clean (just wipe with a cloth) and supposedly last longer. I have them on some of my games and they play the same in my opinion.

Oh OK, I went to Titan and searched for ACNC specifically and it said the kit was not available yet

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Oh OK, I went to Titan and searched for ACNC specifically and it said the kit was not available yet

On page 7 of this forum I posted the ring sizes and quantities. I got the info directly from Spooky. You can put your order together yourself, just make sure you choose thin Stern post sleeves and select glow in the dark, or color of your choice. FYI, list did not include flipper rubbers if you want to add those.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I posted the ring sizes and quantities

Thanks for that! So the original post sleeves were the slim (thin) ones? If so, have you noticed a big difference in game play using the fatter post? Does it trap balls anywhere due to the thicker post sleeves?

Thanks,
Eric

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

On page 7 of this forum I posted the ring sizes and quantities. I got the info directly from Spooky. You can put your order together yourself, just make sure you choose thin Stern post sleeves and select glow in the dark, or color of your choice. FYI, list did not include flipper rubbers if you want to add those.

I was able to get all the right ones with LockWhenLit, Rob was real quick to help me out. He's sending them to Spooky just in time for when the game gets on the line. Thanks for posting the pics, you did a great job it really looks good!

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I was actually shocked that just about every kid knew what a pinball machine was. I was also pleased to know that their parents had taken them to Helicon to play. It was a very cool day for me as a dad. My daughter told me today that all the older kids are telling her I have the coolest job ever. Most days I feel that way but some of the bad days I feel quite the opposite.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

How many had heard of Alice Cooper?

Not many but the cool thing I drew from talking to Chuck once was that Alice wanted to make the game family friendly to a degree. That is why it's based on the rooms and the monsters. The kids did like the artwork from 4-8 grade. The younger ones were a little scared so I muted the game for them.

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

This is an awesome picture to wake up to!! Thanks a bunch for telling the kids about pinball.

Thanks Charlie. As always thanks for the efforts. The kids enjoyed learning about my career but the start of the show was certainly ACNC. Cheers!

#388 4 years ago

A friend came over to play, we had a great time banging Alice for the night... (not sure what to think of that)

He was surprised that there weren't more recognizable AC tunes. I love what is in there now but is there a possibility that some of this will be expanded? I realize that most are tied to modes so not sure what options there could be.

'Welcome to my nightmare' would be a cool attract mode song, once the pin settles in after BDB of course.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

He was surprised that there weren't more recognizable AC tunes. I love what is in there now but is there a possibility that some of this will be expanded? I realize that most are tied to modes so not sure what options there could be.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had contacted Charlie on this same thing asking about possibility of even one or two more songs, even ones I felt could be worked into modes or the theme of the game. He said there was basically no chance, they were locked down with what they had and no plans to be able to add to it.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend came over to play, we had a great time banging Alice for the night... (not sure what to think of that)
'Welcome to my nightmare' would be a cool attract mode song, once the pin settles in after BDB of course.

*edit* just saw the above post, ugh

Totally agree with that and commented awhile back about “Poison” not being incorporated and all the possibilities around this, like being “bitten/poisoned” and losing points until you make a roaming shot, or in 2+ player setting up a “poisonous trap” for other players, etc.

Again, even if it was an attract or high score thing, that would be cool.

#391 4 years ago

Is it possible to change out music tracks with the PROC system?

#392 4 years ago

I really don’t have a problem with the number of songs on ACNC and only using them during the monster modes. It’s not a music pin like AC/DC, MET, KISS, AS, IMDN and I don’t want it to be!

#393 4 years ago

yes, they are just files but you have to know where they are stored. It would probably void your warranty

Is it possible to change out music tracks with the PROC system?

#394 4 years ago

Just got word that my Alice Cooper is shipping today!

#395 4 years ago

Played this at MGC, it was a lot of fun. The shots are very tight though, which isn't really our style with my wife and 3 kids who all play. But for me the game was enjoyable, another good offering from spooky pinball I think. The shots definitely limit the audience. The ball capture mechanism is really cool!

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Just got word that my Alice Cooper is shipping today!

Please tell your game# so I can speculate when mine will be done.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Please tell your game# so I can speculate when mine will be done.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Played this at MGC, it was a lot of fun. The shots are very tight though, which isn't really our style with my wife and 3 kids who all play. But for me the game was enjoyable, another good offering from spooky pinball I think. The shots definitely limit the audience. The ball capture mechanism is really cool!

I struggle with this type of thing as well but decided I play significantly more pinball than anyone that comes to my house. If I owned only wide open fan layouts I would be bored. You just need to balance your collection and people will surprise you. I expected everyone to hate the shadow at my house but they love it, a good game is a good game.

Also, ACNC has tight out lanes which may make lower skill players feel less like they “got screwed” and enjoy the game more.

#400 4 years ago

I’m #76. Just payed balance. Can’t wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/8?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.