(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 160.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Looks great, you can try one of those on mine

Thanks! I'll show you what it looks like when I've finished with the design...all the little marks are taking a while to do, but it should be worth it in the end.

#4402 3 years ago

I'm printing a few crypts I found on Thingverse to put into ACNC - don't want to spend $100 on this and that.... going to modify this one and put it on the top PF.

c4cd8453a4715b68219f96221d3b4de4_preview_featured (resized).jpgc4cd8453a4715b68219f96221d3b4de4_preview_featured (resized).jpg
#4403 3 years ago

Picked up and installed this morning. Turned out pretty good for not much work!

newdecal1 (resized).jpegnewdecal1 (resized).jpegnewdecal2 (resized).jpegnewdecal2 (resized).jpegnewdecal3 (resized).jpegnewdecal3 (resized).jpeg
#4404 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Picked up and installed this morning. Turned out pretty good for not much work![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why not gap your machines a bit more so you can enjoy the amazing sideart?

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

It looks like ACNC is up against an overhang that won't accommodate the topper.

#4406 3 years ago

Yes room is an issue and with the topper the duct hang down doesn’t allow enough room for the topper. I only have room for 4 total machines. Under the duct will have to be one with no topper

#4407 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Mine are packed as close as possible to fit more in

#4408 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you may want to wait on that. Pro Artist Mark Jarman of M&M Customs is working on one. Here is the prototype...
[quoted image]

Would love to purchase one when it's ready.

#4409 3 years ago

Just did the silent fan upgrade to the power supply. Much better

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just did the silent fan upgrade to the power supply. Much better

Did you get the Pinmonk kit or do it yourself? I've been waiting for Pinmonk's spooky kit to become available but Covid seems to have jacked that all up. Just asking in case his came out and I somehow missed it?

#4411 3 years ago

I did it myself. Cost was 9.00 for the silent fan off Amazon plus a few pennies of solder and shrink tube and about 45 minutes of time to pull the power supply out, open it up, disconnect the fan inside it, resolder the original fan wire onto the new fan, and put it back together.

#4412 3 years ago

Shooting the left orbit on mine returns the ball sdtm too often, or it will hit the left flipper. Can we clear this up, is the left orbit supposed to feed to the left flipper or to the right flipper? Shooting the right orbit feeds fine to the left flipper, as you expect orbits to. My left orbit is Never close to returning to the right flipper. It seems this only happens on some peoples games. Has anybody actually fixed there game to feed properly? If your left orbit feeds to your right flipper Send me photos of your metal ball guide that spooky has said on here might need adjusting. Bonus if you remove the castle wall so i can inspect the entire ball guide. Or is the left orbit in fact supposed to feed across to the left flipper?

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Shooting the left orbit on mine returns the ball sdtm too often, or it will hit the left flipper. Can we clear this up, is the left orbit supposed to feed to the left flipper or to the right flipper? Shooting the right orbit feeds fine to the left flipper, as you expect orbits to. My left orbit is Never close to returning to the right flipper. It seems this only happens on some peoples games. Has anybody actually fixed there game to feed properly? If your left orbit feeds to your right flipper Send me photos of your metal ball guide that spooky has said on here might need adjusting. Bonus if you remove the castle wall so i can inspect the entire ball guide. Or is the left orbit in fact supposed to feed across to the left flipper?

My left orbit feeds my right flipper. I'm at a 6.8 degree pitch. Will try to grab a photo today.

#4414 3 years ago

My left orbit feeds my right flipper or the right sling on a weak shot

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I bent the top of the lane guide in just a bit.
Goes to the right flipper every time now.
I think it was just clipping the post rubber before.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I bent the top of the lane guide in just a bit.
Goes to the right flipper every time now.
I think it was just clipping the post rubber before.

This- also I’ve had to mess with the lane guide on the left and spinner position as well. Pretty finnicky

#4417 3 years ago

I haven't been following this thread very closely. Have there been any new software updates since the bug fix release?

#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't been following this thread very closely. Have there been any new software updates since the bug fix release?

If it's not on their website, then no.

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It’s coming very soon, by all accounts.

#4420 3 years ago

Having several issues with my game lately.

First one is pretty odd could have sworn this was working before, but when I go into any of the menu test options I can only use the start button to enter the section menu, but then it is completely non-functional.

For instance I can enter coil test menu by pressing start, but the start button doesn't actually work to do any of the tests. I can enter the drop target test menu, but I can't select any of the tests..

Also having issues with Frankenstein mode. Lab lock 1 is caught and registers fine, but it looks like my lab lock 2 is always in down position, even after lab 1 is successfully locked. Lab lock 2 is lit, but since the drop target is always down, even if I hit a shot that should start frank mode the diverter doesn't shift to lock ball 2.

Guessing for this issue the drop target is just stuck, but I'm totally baffled about the start button abruptly not working to initiate tests in the test menu when it works everywhere else.

The game is on latest code

#4421 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

First one is pretty odd could have sworn this was working before, but when I go into any of the menu test options I can only use the start button to enter the section menu, but then it is completely non-functional.
For instance I can enter coil test menu by pressing start, but the start button doesn't actually work to do any of the tests. I can enter the drop target test menu, but I can't select any of the tests..
Also having issues with Frankenstein mode. Lab lock 1 is caught and registers fine, but it looks like my lab lock 2 is always in down position, even after lab 1 is successfully locked. Lab lock 2 is lit, but since the drop target is always down, even if I hit a shot that should start frank mode the diverter doesn't shift to lock ball 2.
Guessing for this issue the drop target is just stuck, but I'm totally baffled about the start button abruptly not working to initiate tests in the test menu when it works everywhere else.

There is a bug on the latest code in the test section that doesn't allow you to test the coils. There should be a new code coming out very soon and hopefully fixed by then. As far as your drop target, yep, sounds like it's stuck down.

#4422 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for problem 1 but you need to use the flipper buttons to scroll the menus after you use the coin door menu buttons. That was new with the last code drop.

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for problem 1 but you need to use the flipper buttons to scroll the menus after you use the coin door menu buttons. That was new with the last code drop.

Think it was what drizzt76 mentioned about in current release code can't initiate tests.

Thanks though

#4424 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yup, but Fawzma said to me that it is only temporary. It will be fixed to work with coin door service buttons.

#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Lab lock 2 is lit, but since the drop target is always down, even if I hit a shot that should start frank mode the diverter doesn't shift to lock ball 2.

Guessing for this issue the drop target is just stuck

Yes, this is the issue there. I had this issue back when I unboxed my game - took me forever to finally realize that I couldn't lock Ball 2 because my drop was broken.

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, this is the issue there. I had this issue back when I unboxed my game - took me forever to finally realize that I couldn't lock Ball 2 because my drop was broken.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks. Did it end up being a pretty easy fix, small adjustment for you? Or something more time consuming and laborious?

Hope to have some time to try to fix this weekend, but I have very minimalistic repair experience

#4427 3 years ago

I had to replace the drop target because it broke. Simple fix. Check that the micro switches are working and wires aren't broken. It's self explanatory once you have a look at the underside.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks. Did it end up being a pretty easy fix, small adjustment for you? Or something more time consuming and laborious?
Hope to have some time to try to fix this weekend, but I have very minimalistic repair experience

For me, my Sol Driver board was bad. I swapped the two boards (since the output for the upper Drop Target Reset isn't used on the other board), and then eventually I got a replacement board from Spooky.

I would lift the PF up, and verify that the drop-target is free - not bound up. Check the wires leading to it - there should be two to each coil, and two to the switch. Make sure they're all secure.

#4429 3 years ago

Had a really annoying bug happen today

Was in crypt MB. Had the mystery lit to start a mode, and secret passage lit. Shot one ball into the scoop, and then the other into the secret passage while the mystery animation was playing. Mode started, then half way through the intro music, the mode started again. Finished the mode, and then I shot an orbit for the next mode, and no progress. I stayed in the first room, and both orbits remained lit. Couldn't manage to hit the mystery again to try to start the mode that way. Secret passage couldn't be lit since I hadn't locked in the monster yet. Finally drained both my balls. Next ball, hit skillshot to light secret passage. Hit secret passage, mode started, but my ball drained instantly, and there was no ball saver for some reason.

#4430 3 years ago

Hey guys, can somebody explain Cold Ethyl mode a bit perhaps? I lock the ball, she says release me, I hit the crypt shot again to release her and then when I hit the crypt shot again, nothing happens? Am I missing something?? Thanks guys!!

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys, can somebody explain Cold Ethyl mode a bit perhaps? I lock the ball, she says release me, I hit the crypt shot again to release her and then when I hit the crypt shot again, nothing happens? Am I missing something?? Thanks guys!!

After you release her, you need to shoot back in the Crypt. (I am not sure if a lower shot will work, but I *KNOW* that a shot up to the Upper PF, and then letting it roll past the upper flipper WILL count.) Once the second ball is captured, you'll have a dropping sound-effect and a limited amount of time to release that ball - either by dropping it from above, or hitting the drop target. If you do't make the shot in time, the ball is released and you start over. If you DO, you've 'defeated' Ethyl.

(Edit to add: This is as of v1.1.0.0)

#4432 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

After you release her, you need to shoot back in the Crypt. (I am not sure if a lower shot will work, but I *KNOW* that a shot up to the Upper PF, and then letting it roll past the upper flipper WILL count.) Once the second ball is captured, you'll have a dropping sound-effect and a limited amount of time to release that ball - either by dropping it from above, or hitting the drop target. If you do't make the shot in time, the ball is released and you start over. If you DO, you've 'defeated' Ethyl.
(Edit to add: This is as of v1.1.0.0)

Protip: Lock a ball in Ethyls crypt before starting the mode and you skip a step by being able to release her at the start of the monster mode.

Then keep trying to hit the ball back into crypt while in two ball MB and continue on as described above

#4433 3 years ago

Thanks @cjmezz! Really looks awesome. Went on easy with the material you chose. Easy to reposition.

E69CD9D5-FEA8-41EA-BF22-114F145624E3 (resized).jpegE69CD9D5-FEA8-41EA-BF22-114F145624E3 (resized).jpeg105E3484-3EBC-4CE4-903C-10B99D86833C (resized).jpeg105E3484-3EBC-4CE4-903C-10B99D86833C (resized).jpeg
#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks cjmezz! Really looks awesome. Went on easy with the material you chose. Easy to reposition.[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy hell I need this.

cjmezz show me the way (price)

#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Holy hell I need this.
cjmezz show me the way (price)

Me too! (UK)

#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks cjmezz! Really looks awesome. Went on easy with the material you chose. Easy to reposition.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post a whole pic of those two machines lit up. They look really cool next to each other!
Better yet, you should post a video on YouTube. I never seen anyone do this yet!
Thanks

#4437 3 years ago

I’m in on that panel mod too! Where can I buy?

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’m in on that panel mod too! Where can I buy?

Back of the line!

#4439 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Can you post a whole pic of those two machines lit up. They look really cool next to each other!
Better yet, you should post a video on YouTube. I never seen anyone do this yet!
Thanks

Here’s a few pics of the 2 together. Almost 600 games on R&M and about 600 on ACNC. My other pins are getting neglected.

3965A309-6DEF-435C-A25E-3EC09E91F9F3 (resized).jpeg3965A309-6DEF-435C-A25E-3EC09E91F9F3 (resized).jpeg0569DDF4-59A4-4724-8844-642CC60B358D (resized).jpeg0569DDF4-59A4-4724-8844-642CC60B358D (resized).jpeg8C3237C7-4B41-4B9C-93C5-F46C63174265 (resized).jpeg8C3237C7-4B41-4B9C-93C5-F46C63174265 (resized).jpegF8702BC3-F08E-4207-9748-A0F168EBC06D (resized).jpegF8702BC3-F08E-4207-9748-A0F168EBC06D (resized).jpeg
#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s a few pics of the 2 together. Almost 600 games on R&M and about 600 on ACNC. My other pins are getting neglected. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! What a great trio!!
Thank!!!

#4441 3 years ago

Had a ball come to rest here for about a minute during crypt mb.
20200425_184155 (resized).jpg20200425_184155 (resized).jpg

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Had a ball come to rest here for about a minute during crypt mb.
[quoted image]

Yup, like every pin I have. Nudge or nudge not!

#4443 3 years ago

I'm having a consistent issue where I shoot a ball into the left Frank lock. The ball 'locks' but is stuck at some point prior to resting against the window of the castle. If I don't make the other lock before game over Frank adjusts and the ball falls through the playfield and into the cabinet. This has happened twice to me now in the last several games. I tried searching this thread and found some spotty info but nothing concrete on how to fix it. Any thoughts?

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm having a consistent issue where I shoot a ball into the left Frank lock. The ball 'locks' but is stuck at some point prior to resting against the window of the castle. If I don't make the other lock before game over Frank adjusts and the ball falls through the playfield and into the cabinet. This has happened twice to me now in the last several games. I tried searching this thread and found some spotty info but nothing concrete on how to fix it. Any thoughts?

Adjust the frank height in the service menu. Just 1 or 2 at a time.

#4445 3 years ago

Seems my frank won’t go any lower than 6. At this position I can see why the ball is getting hung up. If it would go lower I would be ok. If I push gently on frank he does lower a bit more. Going to have to take him apart to see if I can adjust him a bit lower.

#4446 3 years ago

Fixed my Frank problem. At the lowest setting Franks 'scoop' that cradles the ball coming from the left ramp was sitting a bit higher than the metal ramp plate leading to it. I simply bent the metal ramp slightly back upwards to level it with that ball cradle. Problem appears to be solved and so far no more hangups.

#4447 3 years ago

Next up on the list of fixes is the ball save magnet. Mine works 0% of the time no matter the pattern. I ran across the PL magnet core plastic and installed it tonight. I then tried all settings including resistor on/off and they all behave the same. Pretty much every pattern will grab the ball, but it just hovers there then drains. The ball never makes upward movement no matter the setting. It is the same with the plastic cover as it was without. Am I missing something or is there anything else to check/adjust? It looks awesome from what I can see online here, however I've played several hundred games now and have yet to witness it work.

#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Next up on the list of fixes is the ball save magnet. Mine works 0% of the time no matter the pattern. I ran across the PL magnet core plastic and installed it tonight. I then tried all settings including resistor on/off and they all behave the same. Pretty much every pattern will grab the ball, but it just hovers there then drains. The ball never makes upward movement no matter the setting. It is the same with the plastic cover as it was without. Am I missing something or is there anything else to check/adjust? It looks awesome from what I can see online here, however I've played several hundred games now and have yet to witness it work.

What incline is your game set at?

#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What incline is your game set at?

Meant to include that above but missed it 7*

#4450 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Meant to include that above but missed it 7*

Ah, okay then! Check that your balls aren't slightly magnetic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/89?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.