(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 160.
#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

was able to get info from Christopher at Spooky pinball (returned email on a SATURDAY!) who got me to look at the fuse (DUH!!!!) - is that a 3A 250V for everyone else?

I can't find the proper fuse rating in the manual or by any search

Yup, that's the correct rating!

Quoted from pb456:

Last problem - at this time - is the ball sometimes gets stuck when making the "Secret Passage" shot - underneath the upper playfield. I cannot see it. If I throw a ball up there, it knocks the stuck ball loose.

I would first try to find out what it's getting stuck on. At 7.2? A divot wouldn't cause it to get stuck like that. Maybe a low-hanging plastic, or something small got loose and stuck up against a post or metal ball guide. Could also be the upper magnet core.

I haven't had any balls get stuck up there, BUT, I have had the small locknut fall off from the Alice post, and cause issues with my drop target.

So, anyways, see if you can spot what it's getting stuck on, take the glass off of course.

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

... I saw the Twitch stream yesterday from What The Flip. Good stuff. Bowen confirmed they were adding items to each room in future code.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/586715896
He talks about it at 2:22 into the stream.

Quoted from thirdedition:

Thanks for the plug, ... There is a good half hour of footage with some good info. ...

Thanks to What The Flip for the informational ACNC stream with Bowen Kerins!

And ... VERY cool to hear him say that new code should be released within 2 - 3 weeks!!!

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I nudge it all the hecking way left or right, but no workie. The only thing I can do is to throw another ball up the secret passage to knock the stuck ball loose. It also happens when, from the best of my memory, when I'm in "Igor" mode and another ball launches. The launched ball also gets stuck. I'm thinking there's something stuck up there or there's a significant divot in the PF up in that area.
Anyone have any kind of guidelines on taking that upper PF up? I would like to know what screws/bolts/cams I need to check that area out.

On my Hobbit, I had a roll over switch wire too high above the playfield that was catching the ball. I just removed it from the under side of playfield and bend it down some and that fixed it. I would take a look under the playfield for switches in that area first. May be just a simple adjustment like that.

It won't be a playfield divot. My guess is a cord hanging down or maybe a rollover switch wire to high up. I never removed the upper playfield. Just take pictures and bag and label the parts you remove. It shouldn't be too hard.

Here's a shot of a prototype playfield with exposed upper playfield area so you can see where the roll over switched are.

1d6849f8b5b7ec4bdea49c0f1cf01987dcec9130 (resized).jpg1d6849f8b5b7ec4bdea49c0f1cf01987dcec9130 (resized).jpg
#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

On my Hobbit, I had a roll over switch wire too high above the playfield that was catching the ball. I just removed it from the under side of playfield and bend it down some and that fixed it. I would take a look under the playfield for switches in that area first. May be just a simple adjustment like that.
It won't be a playfield divot. My guess is a cord hanging down or maybe a rollover switch wire to high up. I never removed the upper playfield. Just take pictures and bag and label the parts you remove. It shouldn't be too hard.
Here's a shot of a prototype playfield with exposed upper playfield area so you can see where the roll over switched are.[quoted image]

I was getting a ball stuck on my TFLE on the left orbit just to the left of the pop bumpers and that's also underneath Starscream so it's very difficult to see the ball under there.

Pretty sure it was the metal wire from the rollover switch, it was happening when I moved my machine to a different room and I didn't level it or set the pitch.
(So sometimes it can be that simple)

I recently leveled it and set it to the proper pitch and I haven't noticed an issue there again (yet).

I'll admit I was taking the lazy approach and just popping open the coin door, reaching underneath and forcing another ball into play so that I could just hit another ball up there to get it out. Easier than sliding the glass and reaching under to fish the ball out.

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You won't see the parlor, library, or kitchen unless you have the difficulty set to the hardest level - NIGHTMARE.

You can still see the parlour, library and kitchen on the School's Out difficulty mode, depending on which direction you first shoot an orbit, and if you hit a mystery award that sends you ahead by 1 room.

#4356 4 years ago

Stupid silly question -
Anyone know the size (HxW) of the screen?

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

You can still see the parlour, library and kitchen on the School's Out difficulty mode, depending on which direction you first shoot an orbit, and if you hit a mystery award that sends you ahead by 1 room.

Haven't noticed that happen in any of my games in the "School's Out" setting yet that I can recall. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it now though.

I know that if you put it on "Nightmare", you'll see those three additional rooms way more. Just have to nail those orbit shots more too. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Haven't noticed that happen in any of my games in the "School's Out" setting yet that I can recall. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it now though.
I know that if you put it on "Nightmare", you'll see those three additional rooms way more. Just have to nail those orbit shots more too. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Yeah - in School's Out, I think the only way would be to get "Advance 1 Room" awarded. The first shot around the orbit will jump you two rooms, then after that only one room.

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Here's a shot of a prototype playfield with exposed upper playfield area so you can see where the roll over switched are.[quoted image]

Thank you for that!

I marked up the picture with red lines, and did this assuming that this is the travel of the shot, with directional arrows. Also I circled the area that I think the ball is getting hung up in. Once a ball is hung up on this shot, also ball launches will get hung up there.

Do I have the ball path correct? I certainly cannot see the ball as it's under the upper PF. It may certainly be getting hung up on that wireform for the switch.

ACNC Playfield with markups - Secret Passage shot and ball hang-up (resized).pngACNC Playfield with markups - Secret Passage shot and ball hang-up (resized).png
#4360 4 years ago

I got this game back in February. Played the heck out of it, then I got another game (on loan, AC/DC) so I started playing that instead. After about a week and several easy 100-200 mil games, I went right back to ACNC. I find it more challenging and I keep hitting the start button.

I love drop targets though. AC/DC with the drops is awesome and hitting those ramps is great, but it's a long playing game.

I'm hoping some of the bugs in ACNC will be fixed in the next update. As much as I love the game, I wouldn't want it in competition because of all the little errors it has in the code. Nothing huge but enough to make a player upset during competitive game play.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Stupid silly question -
Anyone know the size (HxW) of the screen?

It's just a standard 15.6" laptop display. I didn't measure the exact interior or exterior dimensions though.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I got this game back in February. Played the heck out of it, then I got another game (on loan, AC/DC) so I started playing that instead. After about a week and several easy 100-200 mil games, I went right back to ACNC. I find it more challenging and I keep hitting the start button.
I love drop targets though. AC/DC with the drops is awesome and hitting those ramps is great, but it's a long playing game.
I'm hoping some of the bugs in ACNC will be fixed in the next update. As much as I love the game, I wouldn't want it in competition because of all the little errors it has in the code. Nothing huge but enough to make a player upset during competitive game play.

I agree! ACNC is special for sure! Hope they polish the code to perfection. It would be a shame if they didn't.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's just a standard 15.6" laptop display. I didn't measure the exact interior or exterior dimensions though.

Ah, thanks! That's bigger than I imagined.

#4364 4 years ago

Hi everybody. I noticed today that the "light mystery" shot is not scoring. It tests fine and in game play it registers a hit when you are in a mode, etc, but it won't score points. Maybe I just didn't notice before. I can't find any reference to this in a search of our ACNC forum. Is this normal? It's not a particularly easy shot so no idea why it will work with modes but no matter what, will not score any points.

***Spooky got back to me. This is normal.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Anyone replace their screen on ACNC? I know some people convert their TNA to a 1080p screen. Seems like ACNC could benefit from a nicer one as well.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone replace their screen on ACNC? I know some people convert their TNA to a 1080p screen. Seems like ACNC could benefit from a nicer one as well.

Unfortunately, no - the animations are far under 1080p video, and the screen can already support 1080p.

I asked previously about the screen size because I was wondering if there were OLED screens out in that size yet! ... There aren't.

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Unfortunately, no - the animations are far under 1080p video, and the screen can already support 1080p.
I asked previously about the screen size because I was wondering if there were OLED screens out in that size yet! ... There aren't.

What makes you say the graphics are under 1080p? When I run my capture device for streaming 1080 is what it captures at.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

What makes you say the graphics are under 1080p? When I run my capture device for streaming 1080 is what it captures at.

They're being upscaled 4x before outputting to the display. Raw files are 684x384.

#4369 4 years ago

Is the controller board a 1080p controller?

#4370 4 years ago

I already posted a simple solution that solves the washed out display problem complete with pictures. No need to replace the display! It's a vast improvement and you'll be happy. If you start messing with replacing the display, you need to make sure the new display will fit the existing mounting bracket, has the correct interface, etc.. Not worth the hassle and expense! This method is easy and doesn't cost shit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is the controller board a 1080p controller?

It's a standard little mini computer. It connects to the display via HDMI. thirdedition says he records it at 1080p, so it's putting out an 1080p signal.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I already posted a simple solution that solves the washed out display problem complete with pictures. No need to replace the display.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

And it's fantastic. But sadly, I do not have the craft skills you do. I was thinking an OLED screen would have rich blacks, and give better viewing from larger angles without the 'washed out' appearance. Sadly, though, nothing is available yet, from what I can see.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

And it's fantastic. But sadly, I do not have the craft skills you do. I was thinking an OLED screen would have rich blacks, and give better viewing from larger angles without the 'washed out' appearance. Sadly, though, nothing is available yet, from what I can see.

You're way smart enough to do this LOL!
But, if you succeed with an OLED, post it!

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You're way smart enough to do this LOL!
But, if you succeed with an OLED, post it!

SMRT, yeah. SKILLED, no.

As soon as I can find an OLED, I till give it a shot. Since laptops with 15" screens are relatively new now, I figure that this coming Xmas time, replacements will be available.

#4374 4 years ago

I would love to see an OLED in this machine!

#4375 4 years ago

My left scoop has started occasionally acting like there is a ball waiting to be ejected when there is no ball in there. It starts the multi-colored lights flashing and the "ssssshhhhhhooooop" sound and goes through the ball ejection cycle but no ball comes out because no ball is in there.

It seemed to start during a multi-ball mode where it seemed to lose count of balls. I thought it might go away after reboot, but it persists.

Anyone else getting this? Is this a known glitch in new code or do I got a physical issue that developed?

Signed,

ssssccchhhhhooooo.... but no "pah!"

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

My left scoop has started occasionally acting like there is a ball waiting to be ejected when there is no ball in there. It starts the multi-colored lights flashing and the "ssssshhhhhhooooop" sound and goes through the ball ejection cycle but no ball comes out because no ball is in there.
It seemed to start during a multi-ball mode where it seemed to lose count of balls. I thought it might go away after reboot, but it persists.
Anyone else getting this? Is this a known glitch in new code or do I got a physical issue that developed?
Signed,
ssssccchhhhhooooo.... but no "pah!"

Physcial issue. Nothing in multiball or 'losing track of balls' affects the scoop, sadly.

#4377 4 years ago

Anyone know what the diverter servo costs (the one above Franky connected to the 'bat looking' diverter)?

#4378 4 years ago

Having trouble with the Ball Lock 2 (Lab). Seems like this drop target is not always resetting and then when shot is made (with target down) the ball just passes through and goes down the left ramp. Had this problem before code update. Updated code and worked intermittently after, but not not at all again.

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Having trouble with the Ball Lock 2 (Lab). Seems like this drop target is not always resetting and then when shot is made (with target down) the ball just passes through and goes down the left ramp. Had this problem before code update. Updated code and worked intermittently after, but not not at all again.

Fix the trip target dingbat it always resets properly?

Use the trip target test in 1.0.7.0 to test. (In think there was a report that it didn't work in 1.1.0.0..)

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Anyone know what the diverter servo costs (the one above Franky connected to the 'bat looking' diverter)?

This is the servo used.

https://www.robotshop.com/en/feetech-standard-analog-servo-fs5109m.html

#4381 4 years ago

Having a local decal shop make me this stone wall speaker panel cover. Tired of the boring black area. Will see how it turns out, but thinking it will look pretty good!

decal (resized).jpgdecal (resized).jpg
#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Having a local decal shop make me this stone wall speaker panel cover. Tired of the boring black area. Will see how it turns out, but thinking it will look pretty good![quoted image]

How much?

#4383 4 years ago

not sure yet, they have a $50 minimum, so im just getting one now to make sure my measurements were correct and everything matches up. Im not sure what they will be in qty.

#4384 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

not sure yet, they have a $50 minimum, so im just getting one now to make sure my measurements were correct and everything matches up. Im not sure what they will be in qty.

I'd like one, that looks cool - but what about some green goo/blood on the stones?

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Let us know. I’m down for one.

#4386 4 years ago

I didnt actually design just found stock drawings and gave them dims to throw it in a template for me. Had a few but came down to these 2, i went with the blue/purple example

wall1 (resized).pngwall1 (resized).pngwall2 (resized).pngwall2 (resized).png
#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Having a local decal shop make me this stone wall speaker panel cover. Tired of the boring black area. Will see how it turns out, but thinking it will look pretty good![quoted image]

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you may want to wait on that. Pro Artist Mark Jarman of M&M Customs is working on one. Here is the prototype...
M&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpgM&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpg

#4388 4 years ago

Just one i had designed. Not looking to profit or have any type of business off it. Figured if some wanted one, it was on file here now and could have printed off for them.

#4389 4 years ago

Well, I want to make the speaker area look better, but look like it’s cohesive. I’m still in on @cjmezz. Even if not wanting to profit...it’s just more cohesive and doesn’t take away from the backglass. IMO

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

Just one i had designed. Not looking to profit or have any type of business off it. Figured if some wanted one, it was on file here now and could have printed off for them.

Oh, didn't realize it wasn't a design, don't take my suggestion as a criticism - looks good!

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmezz:

When it gets closer to needing orders, let me know as I'll be in for one most likely! Also looking for a way to light up the speakers, I know there's Speaker Light kits out there, but not sure if I want to spend $150 to light up the stock speakers.

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but you may want to wait on that. Pro Artist Mark Jarman of M&M Customs is working on one. Here is the prototype...
[quoted image]

I’ll take one, that looks killer! Where to buy?

#4393 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

[quoted image]

Take my money

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I’ll take one, that looks killer! Where to buy?

It should be ready soon. We are working on a price for quality vinyl that can be removed and re-positioned if necessary without tearing.

You guys don't know Mark personally but he is a genius. I've known him since we were kids and he is on another level. Look how he matched the artwork and fit so much detail in a limited space. I love the Executioner! His painting of the ACNC castle is IMHO the single best mod that I've seen for any game. It completely upgrades the whole look of the pin...
IMG_4637 (resized).JPGIMG_4637 (resized).JPGIMG_4772 (resized).JPGIMG_4772 (resized).JPG

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It should be ready soon. We are working on a price for quality vinyl that can be removed and re-positioned if necessary without tearing.

Awesome!
I'll want one too.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

You guys don't know Mark personally but he is a genius. I've known him since we were kids and he is on another level. Look how he matched the artwork and fit so much detail in a limited space. I love the Executioner! His painting of the ACNC castle is IMHO the single best mod that I've seen for any game. It completely upgrades the whole look of the pin...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing.

#4397 4 years ago

I was also working on a design for the speaker panel. Here's a mockup - still need to finish adding all the black marks on the bricks.

ACNC Panel mockup (resized).jpgACNC Panel mockup (resized).jpg
#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I was also working on a design for the speaker panel. Here's a mockup - still need to finish adding all the black marks on the bricks.[quoted image]

NICE!!!

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I was also working on a design for the speaker panel. Here's a mockup - still need to finish adding all the black marks on the bricks.[quoted image]

Looks great, you can try one of those on mine

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Also looking for a way to light up the speakers, I know there's Speaker Light kits out there, but not sure if I want to spend $150 to light up the stock speakers.

I hooked some up myself.
Ordered a small cuttable rgb strip from China, and connected them myself. The document here with all the pcb boards has info where the rgb hook up.

I'm not interested in starting to make kits, I can document how to hook it up.. but if you are technically able to solder and make a connector then you should be able to figure it out with that document..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/88?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.