(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 160.
#4301 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Perhaps the timer was for frenzy and independent of the other modes. Traditionally, a MB will end when ballsave is off and 1 ball remains in play. Then the game ball will end when no balls remain in play. Frenzy would end when the timer reached 0 or game ball ends which it apparently did. Sounds normal to me.

Typically each mode ball save on during the full frenzy mode right? It was like the normal frenzy ball save turned off when the first ball drained and MB end. I can't see why MB ending should turn off the frenzy ball save, even if it doesn't save the MB drain.

#4302 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Yes! The multiplier maxes at 14x and does something kind of cool if you get there.
It’s been that way since the earliest release code

Thanks, Bowen. Very cool to hear. This will be a mini-wizard quest for me. The elusive 14x. Love the rules and scoring on this game.

#4303 3 years ago

OK,
just a reminder to check your flippers closely. I noticed last night that my left flipper looked a tiny bit off. I checked it with a square piece of stock aluminum set in the inlane. And sure enough, the flipper tip was about 3/16" low. I squared it up and now I am making the right orbit and ramp much more consistently! I was getting really frustrated by constant bricking from these shots. So happy I resolved it. I am surprised that such a small adjustment makes such a difference!

#4304 3 years ago

Still looking for a nice coin door decal for this game. Has anyone made any yet?

CE1F3C73-C5C1-411B-A9EA-B23BCEA534CB (resized).jpegCE1F3C73-C5C1-411B-A9EA-B23BCEA534CB (resized).jpeg
#4305 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Still looking for a nice coin door decal for this game. Has anyone made any yet?

Ahh just looking at that photo makes me regret selling my Star Trek LE and Metallica LE, both were such good games and some of the better looking LEs ever.

#4306 3 years ago

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack. Since I’ve gotten this game I’ve also added Tron and TZ to my collection and they get plunged about 30% of what ACNC does, and that’s combined. How is that possible? Tonight my wife came downstairs (I didn’t hear her) and she said I looked like I was obsessed/possessed when I was playing. What is going on here? Is this game that good?

9467A4FC-B7D8-4F4B-85CA-68ED736D5D19 (resized).jpeg9467A4FC-B7D8-4F4B-85CA-68ED736D5D19 (resized).jpeg
#4307 3 years ago
ALICE STICK DOOR (resized).jpgALICE STICK DOOR (resized).jpg
#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack. What is going on here? Is this game that good?[quoted image]

Yes, yes indeed.

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack ....

I dig my ACNC overall. But damn ... those orbit shots can be tighter than a cow's ass at fly time!

As they say.

#4310 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I dig my ACNC overall. But damn ... those orbit shots can be tighter than a cow's ass at fly time!
As they say.

0.o

Who is 'they' here?

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack. Since I’ve gotten this game I’ve also added Tron and TZ to my collection and they get plunged about 30% of what ACNC does, and that’s combined. How is that possible? Tonight my wife came downstairs (I didn’t hear her) and she said I looked like I was obsessed/possessed when I was playing. What is going on here? Is this game that good?[quoted image]

Yes!
The only thing I can figure is that we have masochist tendency!
But it's still my goto pin. Nothing tops it! I don't think anything ever will!
If Fawzma programs in an activity for every room (like the dungeon stretch point shot), I will never stop playing it! That'll put it right over the top!!

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

0.o
Who is 'they' here?

Me!

#4313 3 years ago

Speaking of ACNC awesomeness, you guys need to go in and rate this game if you haven't already. Also, red flag the ass hat that rated it 3.335! Set the filter to show all ratings first!

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As they say.

I sometimes look at the right orbit and just kind of laugh at it. It doesn’t even look like a ball can fit in there.

#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Speaking of ACNC awesomeness, you guys need to go in and rate this game if you haven't already.

Done! Thanks for the reminder. Love this game - especially as I play more and get better with the shots.

#4316 3 years ago

My outlane ball save magnet used to work perfectly. Since the last code update it just throws the ball down the drain. Is there a recommended setting, or do I just have to try them all?

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My outlane ball save magnet used to work perfectly. Since the last code update it just throws the ball down the drain. Is there a recommended setting, or do I just have to try them all?

Try them all. Mine worked perfectly too before code update. I've tried all the settings after code update and setting 2 works best, but still only ~75% of the time.

#4318 3 years ago

Installed my Medisinyl mods the other day. I think they look great and really add to the game.

062456DE-6B17-484C-A9CE-A7A63614316D (resized).jpeg062456DE-6B17-484C-A9CE-A7A63614316D (resized).jpeg0966F989-E349-486E-A877-544DBBD0C183 (resized).jpeg0966F989-E349-486E-A877-544DBBD0C183 (resized).jpegE10EBC05-1B85-4DFF-8538-020C3FB9170D (resized).jpegE10EBC05-1B85-4DFF-8538-020C3FB9170D (resized).jpegE565C3A6-9A29-44D0-85DE-4CAA75838B25 (resized).jpegE565C3A6-9A29-44D0-85DE-4CAA75838B25 (resized).jpeg
#4319 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do you have the plastic disk installed from Pinball Life?
If not, order it. I have the plastic disk and mine worked fine on original setting with magnet resistor ON.

https://www.pinballlife.com/acnc-magnet-core-plastic

or

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/89635

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I sometimes look at the right orbit and just kind of laugh at it. It doesn’t even look like a ball can fit in there.

Haha - I was just looking at mine today and started pondering how hard it would be to fashion new ramps that took over the orbit lanes...then add a button somewhere to simulate made orbit shots. But then I had a more reasonable thought - "play better"!

#4322 3 years ago

We are streaming ACNC with special guests today. Bowen Kerins and his Son are going to video call in to talk the game with us.

We go live at 4:00pm EST.

http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#4323 3 years ago

This has been my go to game in the collection for a while now.

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This has been my go to game in the collection for a while now.

Yup!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4326 3 years ago

Yes, Alice needs everyone's help once again!

#4327 3 years ago

Finally I can join the club with my ACNC #463 which arrived yesterday. I ordered it back in January and now Alice can welcome me to his nightmare castle in my own basement.
Unfortunately the backbox got broken on delivery, but at least the coin door lock is ok!

P_20200408_172339 (resized).jpgP_20200408_172339 (resized).jpgP_20200408_162623 (resized).jpgP_20200408_162623 (resized).jpgP_20200408_162810 (resized).jpgP_20200408_162810 (resized).jpg
#4329 3 years ago

I like the occasional game of HS II but there’s really no comparison. I think a lot of people are voting HS II because they’ve never played AC. Right? People couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I like the occasional game of HS II but there’s really no comparison. I think a lot of people are voting HS II because they’ve never played AC. Right? People couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

Every Bally/Williams game is winning (except TNA) which I think is ignorant and makes these things pointless. B/W bias will probably not go away until more older people exit the hobby. Of course then it might just switch to Stern bias. People like to be on the "winning side", with no other basis in their decision. I love my B/W titles, but Stern, Spooky, JJP and American Pinball are awesome too.

#4331 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This.

Do not let people who havent played our rare gem ruin this vote.

I feel like once the old school only guys are weened out it will become more fair and headsup

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

This.
Do not let people who havent played our rare gem ruin this vote.
I feel like once the old school only guys are weened out it will become more fair and headsup

Just voted still need a lot more votes.

It’s funny how some people like to rate Spooky games low. Most have probably never played one or had limited plays on them. I need about 30 games to get a feel for the shots. All their games are tough but fun, it’s what brings me back.

Fang Club poster proudly hung above AMH, RZ and ACNC. Spooky Rocks

Ps Dave going even ‘Freakier’ during lockdown, any update on code would be appreciated. Cheers

#4333 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Just voted still need a lot more votes.
Ps Dave going even ‘Freakier’ during lockdown, any update on code would be appreciated. Cheers

Voted!

I saw the Twitch stream yesterday from What The Flip. Good stuff. Bowen confirmed they were adding items to each room in future code.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/586715896

He talks about it at 2:22 into the stream. He also explains a lot of the nuances with scoring and how everything is connected and builds on what you've already done during the game. Lots of really cool info.

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Voted!
I saw the Twitch stream yesterday from What The Flip. Good stuff. Bowen confirmed they were adding items to each room in future code.

That is effing tits.

I love the Dungeon room specifically because I enjoy doing the stretch shot and seeing the dude get racked out.

I cant wait to find hidden gems in each and every room.

Bonus is it will make you default to nightmare castle difficulty so you can experience all rooms.

Game is so sick. Cant believe how lucky I was to order 1 as my first ever. Fully loaded. Now with signed backglass by AC himself

#4335 3 years ago

Hobbit loosing to Whirlwind is the most ridiculous thing yet!
Even worse than Alice loosing to HS2.

#4336 3 years ago

Anyone else here try turning off the game match sequence? Alice's final quote is always getting cut off now when game ends.

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hobbit loosing to Whirlwind is the most ridiculous thing yet!

No - that’s as it should be.

Whirlwind is an all time classic.

The other game - not so much.

The poll (like most polls) is just a waste of time anyway. Just like the TWIPYs - a popularly contest. Jack Danger winning best homebrew when his machine isn’t even finished (all the others were) says everything.

rd

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

TWIPYs - a popularly contest

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No - that’s as it should be.
Whirlwind is an all time classic.
The other game - not so much.
The poll (like most polls) is just a waste of time anyway. Just like the TWIPYs - a popularly contest. Jack Danger winning best homebrew when his machine isn’t even finished (all the others were) says everything.
rd

- Classic yes, but better? How so?
- "The other game - not so much." - You don't know what the consensus will be in 20 years. But I am interested in your opinion about why Whirlwind is such a classic other than the fact that it was so good for it's time.
- Waste of time? Definitely!

#4340 3 years ago

Any one have any issues with the optos on the mystery scoop? Sometimes it doesn’t register. I’ve cleaned the optos and tried adjusting. Sometimes they work for a bit and then after a couple games I might have an issue

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any one have any issues with the optos on the mystery scoop? Sometimes it doesn’t register. I’ve cleaned the optos and tried adjusting. Sometimes they work for a bit and then after a couple games I might have an issue

This may or may not help you but...
I had to adjust the switch in the subway under the playfield. My switch was flat enough that the ball would roll over it without activating it. I bent it into a more pronounced “v” shape and it works now.

My issue was lighting the mystery scoop in the first place so I never was able to collect a mystery award.

Good luck.

#4342 3 years ago

Down by 13 votes... come on.

#4343 3 years ago

New owner, used game - balls going into the Frankenstein shot drop down into the cabinet. I've read little bits and have seen videos posted by other users - thank you for that!

But it's almost as if, in my game, there's nothing to stop the ball when hitting the Frank shot (from what I can see under the diverter) from draining into the cabinet. Is my game missing something?

The game shipped with the diverter top protector plexi removed and in the coin tray. I'm sure that it was taken off because the diverter area has been worked on.

#4344 3 years ago

hello,
I ve seen in a video, people going to a room named Parlor, I think it's the right name. There's a pool table in it.

I never went to this room, with the last code

Is it normal? how do U do ?

thanks ^^

#4345 3 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

hello,
I ve seen in a video, people going to a room named Parlor, I think it's the right name. There's a pool table in it.
I never went to this room, with the last code
Is it normal? how do U do ?
thanks ^^

You won't see the parlor, library, or kitchen unless you have the difficulty set to the hardest level - NIGHTMARE.

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Voted!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/586715896
He talks about it at 2:22 into the stream. He also explains a lot of the nuances with scoring and how everything is connected and builds on what you've already done during the game. Lots of really cool info.

Thanks for the plug, sorry things went sideways on us. Turns out Skype started to eat up all of the system resources and caused the stream to crash. There is a good half hour of footage with some good info. The second half is audio only for the most part.

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

New owner, used game - balls going into the Frankenstein shot drop down into the cabinet. I've read little bits and have seen videos posted by other users - thank you for that!
But it's almost as if, in my game, there's nothing to stop the ball when hitting the Frank shot (from what I can see under the diverter) from draining into the cabinet. Is my game missing something?
The game shipped with the diverter top protector plexi removed and in the coin tray. I'm sure that it was taken off because the diverter area has been worked on.

This can happen if:
The back of your ramp broken.
Frankenstein is not lowering and the lock gate is set to lock.

Check that your FrankenDude is dropping to his low setting at the start of a game.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This can happen if:
The back of your ramp broken.
Frankenstein is not lowering and the lock gate is set to lock.
Check that your FrankenDude is dropping to his low setting at the start of a game.

I was able to get info from Christopher at Spooky pinball (returned email on a SATURDAY!) who got me to look at the fuse (DUH!!!!) - is that a 3A 250V for everyone else?

I can't find the proper fuse rating in the manual or by any search.

Anyhow, replaced the blown 3A 250V 3AG fuse with another 3A 250V FB 3AG fuse and Franky works exactly as I had expected - as does the Guillotine now.

Last problem - at this time - is the ball sometimes gets stuck when making the "Secret Passage" shot - underneath the upper playfield. I cannot see it. If I throw a ball up there, it knocks the stuck ball loose.

My playfield is at about 0.3 degrees L-R and about 7.2 front to back. I think there might be something jammed up in there, like a screw or something whacked out.

I'm not able to get my bendy magnet up through there to find a screw, and not sure what else I need to do aside from take the upper PF out to take a look at the ball path.

I'm not able to see any kind of obstruction from the bottom of the PF.

TIA!

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

My playfield is at about 0.3 degrees L-R and about 7.2 front to back. I think there might be something jammed up in there, like a screw or something whacked out.

7.2 is kind of steep!
But I have this problem occasionally too. A nudge is all it takes for me to break ball loose. But it is irritating that so many backhanded shots and some regular shots up there do not register and start the mode. I'm at 6.9 degree pitch now. Also, I use a torpedo level for side to side leveling. That inclinometer is a PITA for that.

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

7.2 is kind of steep!
But I have this problem occasionally too. A nudge is all it takes for me to break ball loose. But it is irritating that so many backhanded shots and some regular shots up there do not register and start the mode. I'm at 6.9 degree pitch now. Also, I use a torpedo level for side to side leveling. That inclinometer is a PITA for that.

I nudge it all the hecking way left or right, but no workie. The only thing I can do is to throw another ball up the secret passage to knock the stuck ball loose. It also happens when, from the best of my memory, when I'm in "Igor" mode and another ball launches. The launched ball also gets stuck. I'm thinking there's something stuck up there or there's a significant divot in the PF up in that area.

Anyone have any kind of guidelines on taking that upper PF up? I would like to know what screws/bolts/cams I need to check that area out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/87?hl=superhawk2300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.