(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 160.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Weird, so soft now. Was good before. I’ve tried all the settings.

Maybe I should reinstall the current code.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Weird, so soft now. Was good before. I’ve tried all the settings.

Did any of those knobs get turned down inside the cabinet?

#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Did any of those knobs get turned down inside the cabinet?

I’ll check. Good to know it’s my machine (doesn’t need tweaking) and not the code. I’m on it

#4254 4 years ago

If Alice's voice is low try adjusting the music offset.

20200328_021913 (resized).jpg20200328_021913 (resized).jpg
#4255 4 years ago

Did anyone have to tweek their one-way gate on the right ramp? If I have a strong shot up the right ramp it will hit the rubber in the upper play field and go back thru the gate and back down the ramp. I tweeked it some but I playing it tonight I have might have to do it some more. I seems like it is going up too high and before it falls down the ball will go back thru.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Did anyone have to tweek their one-way gate on the right ramp? If I have a strong shot up the right ramp it will hit the rubber in the upper play field and go back thru the gate and back down the ramp. I tweeked it some but I playing it tonight I have might have to do it some more. I seems like it is going up too high and before it falls down the ball will go back thru.

Ya, I had this problem with the original rubber and also the Titan rubber. What solved it for me was installing a normal black flipper rubber up there. The one the ball hits when it comes out the gate. I bought a set of black flipper rubbers from Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D37L17I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o08_s00

#4257 4 years ago

Based on a recent request for two pieces (thx @deeznuts), I will be casting another small batch of my 'Tower of Torture' sculpt. I still hair a fair amount of resin so I will make a few extra if anyone is interested, painted or unpainted. I try to give myself a 2 week window to have them ready as it does take a while to prep, paint, clear etc... but that can change depending on interest and in present times if there are challenges with shipping. Of course an unpainted sculpt alone can go out right after casting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acnc-tower-of-torture

That said, I never ask for money up front, only once done and ready to ship. If you are interested send me PM.

Thank you for your interest and support!

ACNC ToT-Pinside (resized).jpgACNC ToT-Pinside (resized).jpg
#4258 4 years ago

I may have found a bug last night. I'm not sure, as I don't keep up to date enough on the code. Here's what happened:
1) Locked a ball in crypt on ball 2
2) Drained ball 2 before starting crypt
3) Hit the crypt on the plunge of ball 3 for the skill shot (which it did award) and started crypt mb
4) one of the balls promptly drained (ball save still lit)
5) The game immediately ended crypt and the ball save

Maybe that's how it's suppose to be, but I was expecting the normal crypt ball save and the ball to return.

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

4) one of the balls promptly (ball save still lit)

#4261 3 years ago

So what the hell does Special do when lit? It's on both left and right orbits.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So what the hell does Special do when lit? It's on both left and right orbits.

Welp, on my game I set the award to give me an Extra Ball. And.. I get an Extra Ball. You can set to it 'Replay', and .. uhm something else.

#4263 3 years ago

Man shots that exit the right orbit at just the “wrong” speed go right out the centre on this thing. By far how I lose most balls. Any way to tweak this somehow? Has anyone else had to do this?

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Man shots that exit the right orbit at just the “wrong” speed go right out the centre on this thing. By far how I lose most balls. Any way to tweak this somehow? Has anyone else had to do this?

No, not on mine.

#4265 3 years ago

Alice Cooper Pinball Mod Collection & Installation by Medisinyl Mods

Incredible Enhancements, Easy To Install, & Impossible Not To Buy!

#4266 3 years ago

Thanks for posting Zach. I ordered the DIY crypt mod and sign last week but I don’t see the volcano mod available anymore. I messaged Medisinyl Mods asking if it’s still available.

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Thanks for posting Zach. I ordered the DIY crypt mod and sign last week but I don’t see the volcano mod available anymore. I messaged Medisinyl Mods asking if it’s still available.

All of the Alice mods are still in the shop . It's in the same listing with the lab.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02747-acnc-36-led-fire-volcano-mod-and-frankenstein-s-lab-mod-

#4268 3 years ago

So this switch has been giving me a bit of trouble since the beginning. The switch shown in the picture is the Ethyl crypt switch and has stopped working entirely. Went into switch test and I’m not getting any hits on it at all, pretty sure it’s a bad switch, but anybody have any other suggestions? If not, can anybody tell me where I could buy one? Just want to be sure I get the right one. Any chance spooky will send any of these to me as replacements since I just bought the game home about a month ago NIB? SpookyCharlie SpookyKT SpookyLuke Thanks as always guys!!

EA2CF282-BA18-48BF-BF98-A67D083A675E (resized).jpegEA2CF282-BA18-48BF-BF98-A67D083A675E (resized).jpeg
#4269 3 years ago

If you short the two wires at the switch there, does it register in switch test?

If yes, then yeah, switch is bad. If no, the switch is good, and issue is before those terminals there.

#4270 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If you short the two wires at the switch there, does it register in switch test?
If yes, then yeah, switch is bad. If no, the switch is good, and issue is before those terminals there.

How would I short the wires? I don’t think I have anything to test that? Only the switch?

#4271 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

All I know for sure is that when I hit the switch during switch test, nothing registers whatsoever.

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

How would I short the wires? I don’t think I have anything to test that? Only the switch?

Touch the two wires together - that's a dead short. It won't hurt anything because that's what the switch does. Contact spooky. They'll send you a new switch if needed.

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Welp, on my game I set the award to give me an Extra Ball. And.. I get an Extra Ball. You can set to it 'Replay', and .. uhm something else.

OK,
I went into the menu, and there is no option for extra ball. The four options are:

1) Normal (I don't know what the hell that means!)
2) Points
3) Off
4) Audit

Can anyone tell me what Normal means?

#4274 3 years ago

I think normal will give a credit, or points if the game is on free play

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK,
I went into the menu, and there is no option for extra ball. The four options are:
2) Points
3) Off
4) Audit

As far as I know, "Special" has, since the dawn of time, normally given a Reply. Extra Credit, Extra Game.

I also swore I shanged mine to Extra Ball (I do that on all my games) - but maybe I just left it then.

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So this switch has been giving me a bit of trouble since the beginning. The switch shown in the picture is the Ethyl crypt switch and has stopped working entirely. Went into switch test and I’m not getting any hits on it at all, pretty sure it’s a bad switch, but anybody have any other suggestions? If not, can anybody tell me where I could buy one? Just want to be sure I get the right one. Any chance spooky will send any of these to me as replacements since I just bought the game home about a month ago NIB? spookycharlie spookykt spookyluke Thanks as always guys!![quoted image]

try to see if you can hear the little button clicking when you push down the arm, it may be sticking or binding on something. I had issues with mine for awhile but I unscrewed the switch from the mount to get a better look at it when I was working on it and switch was working fine. when I reattached it problem was gone so assume something was catching somewhere

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

try to see if you can hear the little button clicking when you push down the arm, it may be sticking or binding on something. I had issues with mine for awhile but I unscrewed the switch from the mount to get a better look at it when I was working on it and switch was working fine. when I reattached it problem was gone so assume something was catching somewhere

I took if off last night as well. Switch was still clicking but even when I reattached, no luck, definitely a bad switch. I’ve shorted the two wires and they are still working so it’s the switch for sure. I’ve been in touch with Christopher at Spooky and they are going to send me a new switch. Awesome customer service! Well done SpookyCharlie !!

#4278 3 years ago

Pay me no mind. I am just here to whine. Charlie you are a sadist. I've increased my shooting on this table quite a bit I think. I hit a the crypt lock skill shot nearly half of the time. I can run orbit to opposite orbit then thru the secret door pretty occasionally. I can skill shot into the secret door and launch a monster mode with just 2 flips. I never miss a chop. Sometimes I am really making series after series of shot.

But getting to BDB wizard mode is a pipe dream because right in the middle or railing a string of great shots comes a shot that one-ricochets right into the outlane. There are so many spots that just equal split-second death on this table. So frustrating.

There. I wish I felt better, but I don't. I need to buy a nib nice and easy table to offset this one. This is not the table for someone who has a very small collection or as an only table.

Please return to your normally scheduled non-whiny posting. Thank you.

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Pay me no mind. I am just here to whine. Charlie you are a sadist. I've increased my shooting on this table quite a bit I think. I hit a the crypt lock skill shot nearly half of the time. I can run orbit to opposite orbit then thru the secret door pretty occasionally. I can skill shot into the secret door and launch a monster mode with just 2 flips. I never miss a chop. Sometimes I am really making series after series of shot.
But getting to BDB wizard mode is a pipe dream because right in the middle or railing a string of great shots comes a shot that one-ricochets right into the outlane. There are so many spots that just equal split-second death on this table. So frustrating.
There. I wish I felt better, but I don't. I need to buy a nib nice and easy table to offset this one. This is not the table for someone who has a very small collection or as an only table.
Please return to your normally scheduled non-whiny posting. Thank you.

It was a night, a night just like any other night..but then all of a sudden it wasn't...

Because this night I made it to bdb for the first time! I was hitting combos left and right as you speak of above. Your night will come.

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It was a night, a night just like any other night..but then all of a sudden it wasn't...
Because this night I made it to bdb for the first time! I was hitting combos left and right as you speak of above. Your night will come.

Thanks man. I just did the walk of shame up the stairs. Half dozen games and each game had at least one ball loss that was one-flips right into the outlanes for a hearty FU from the game and the last game I even got the "mercy monster" the game gives you when you suck so bad for the first 2 balls you get a free monster mode when starting your 3rd ball, which face it, is just the game mocking you at that point.

Had a 190 some million game this weekend where I visited 5 monsters and defeated 2 of them. Sigh.

I'm just tired of grinding out the tough orbits; letting each service bounce off the flippers until it settles on one and rolls down so I can take the best shot at the orbit from whatever side the ball settled on dozens of times each game. And then to have at least one "rattler" hit the left ramp and roll right back down thru the drain with perfect precision. Same for trying the right orbit and have the ball only get half way into the crypt and roll right into the center of the drain. I shoot well enough I can usually get a free ball but that doesn't help when each of those things happens once a game and at least one "one bounce to the outlane" shots happen too. I'm just worn down by it.

#4281 3 years ago

Topper People! Watched Spooky's video on the topper install, he says to install in J7, however he pulled J3 from the power distribution board. Does the topper tie into J3 or J7?

#4282 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Topper People! Watched Spooky's video on the topper install, he says to install in J7, however he pulled J3 from the power distribution board. Does the topper tie into J3 or J7?

Just make sure the pins are correct..5v to 5v. If you’re one pin off and 5v to 12v, well that’s bad. My guess is either is ok. Just don’t choose J1. I know from experience.

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just make sure the pins are correct..5v to 5v. If you’re one pin off and 5v to 12v, well that’s bad.

Thank you for the note! I’ll dig back into in the AM

#4284 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As far as I know, "Special" has, since the dawn of time, normally given a Reply

What does it say?

rd

#4285 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What does it say?

rd

Hey, don't go makin' fun of my lysdexia!

#4286 3 years ago

On the new Spooky Pinball Podcast, Bug and Charlie mentioned that Zornow Must Be Destroyed is doing custom art for their TFTC. Man I cannot wait to see that! His art on ACNC is the best pinball has ever seen, so I can't wait to see some pics.

#4287 3 years ago

"Bonus X" question and deep thought...how high does it go? What have Spooky and Bowen done to my game?

The other day, I had to adjust the switch where you collect the bonus multiplier since it was stuck under the playfield plastic and wasn't making contact unless I really smashed it (which almost never happens since I can't seem to shoot it directly and cause I suck). Now, on the playfield, I've admired the pretty blue 2X, 4X, and 8X bonus inserts over the past three months of game ownership. Of course I rarely ever light them up. So I was quite excited when I activated and tested (by extreme glass-off cheating) the bonus switch and got the 2X to light, then the 4X, and then...not the 8X...but the 2X and 4X together, for 6X. Whoa, not straight to 8X. It took me a second to realize what had happened. I quickly replaced the glass so as not to spoil anything after that.

So does it stop at 8X? Or does it continue on to 2X and 8X (for a 10X)? Could it go all the way to 14X?

I wasn't even drinking a beer or anything when my mind was frazzled by these possibilities. I don't want to know the answer yet.

Now the highest I have gone in a real game is 4X, so it may be awhile before I see if anything exists past 8X.

Great game! Looking forward to Rick & Morty in about a year to sit beside it.

-Ned

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just make sure the pins are correct..5v to 5v. If you’re one pin off and 5v to 12v, well that’s bad

Found it - J6 for coin door lights; but the topper barley works. One green light in the knob, the brain moves and the knobs move. Nothing else like the videos show. Email into Spooky.

#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

but the 2X and 4X together, for 6X

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier.
My highest in-game is 6x. I, too, am curious if it goes up past 8. I don't see why it *wouldn't*, honestly.

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Found it - J6 for coin door lights; but the topper barley works. One green light in the knob, the brain moves and the knobs move. Nothing else like the videos show. Email into Spooky.

That sucks. Spooky will make it right, but it may take awhile with these crazy times. Hopefully it’s just a loose wire.

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Alice Cooper Pinball Mod Collection & Installation by Medisinyl Mods
Incredible Enhancements, Easy To Install, & Impossible Not To Buy!

Good job on this video. I'm interested in getting most of these. It looks like the crypt might obstruct the view, but I can't really tell from the video. Can you still see over and around it when you've got a ball up there, or does it feel like it's in the way?

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good job on this video. I'm interested in getting most of these. It looks like the crypt might obstruct the view, but I can't really tell from the video. Can you still see over and around it when you've got a ball up there, or does it feel like it's in the way?

I expect others may chime in as the crypt is in a good chunk of games, but I did design it to not obstruct anything.

The upper flipper and post behind it are perfectly visible. The flasher behind has a fair gap between the crypt from a 5'9" player perspective. Only thing it obscures is the two screws and black top of the slim castle piece behind, which is an added bonus IMO.

And Zach absolutely did an awesome job on the video. He's got a talent for the install videos that I could never match.

#4293 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It definitely doesn't get in the way of anything and like Zach mentioned in the video, it is a must have and feels like it should have been in the game stock, as do all of Medisinyls mods for ACNC. As Macho Pinball would say, "They are the cream of the crop, ohhhh yeaaaahhh!"

#4294 3 years ago

Truthfully I used to look at mods as money you'll not get back out of the machine when you sell it (and I still do). But lately I spent more on mods than I ever have between my ACNC and WOZ during these times. I think its the new way of thinking I developed...enjoy the machines as much as you can while you are at home.

#4295 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK,
2) Points
3) Off
4) Audit

I played good enough just now to get Special lit, and it was awarded for me.
Mine is set to 'Normal', and when I shot it, I got the Replay animation, and an Extra Ball. (My Replay (not reply) is set to Extra Ball.)
So, 'Normal' is - I'm guessing - awards you whatever the Replay is set to.

Odd phrasing - I know NO Midway (Wms/Bally) games ever phrased it like this, or had an option to 'mimic' the Replay option. Maybe 'Normal' is a DE/Sega/Stern thing?

#4296 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Truthfully I used to look at mods as money you'll not get back out of the machine when you sell it (and I still do). But lately I spent more on mods than I ever have between my ACNC and WOZ during these times. I think its the new way of thinking I developed...enjoy the machines as much as you can while you are at home.

While I tend to agree with most things (especially cars), some of my customers have sold their mods second hand and recouped the majority of their purchase (at times within minutes with a slight discount over original price). Some mods that have been discontinued may even sell at a premium (still lots of demand for the interactive IJ PoA rails and Jackpot cover, RZ Spine, JD Tower, etc., but they won't be made again).

Something like the DIY crypt may not carry as much resale value depending how it's finished, but most or my mods seem to hold enough demand to sell quickly at a slight discount, especially with such a long turnaround time on new purchases these days with my backlog.

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I played good enough just now to get Special lit, and it was awarded for me.
Mine is set to 'Normal', and when I shot it, I got the Replay animation, and an Extra Ball. (My Replay (not reply) is set to Extra Ball.)
So, 'Normal' is - I'm guessing - awards you whatever the Replay is set to.
Odd phrasing - I know NO Midway (Wms/Bally) games ever phrased it like this, or had an option to 'mimic' the Replay option. Maybe 'Normal' is a DE/Sega/Stern thing?

Thanks for clearing that up!
It makes sense now.
I've been playing like shit lately and never nailed it down
Thanks.

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

"Bonus X" question and deep thought...how high does it go? What have Spooky and Bowen done to my game?
The other day, I had to adjust the switch where you collect the bonus multiplier since it was stuck under the playfield plastic and wasn't making contact unless I really smashed it (which almost never happens since I can't seem to shoot it directly and cause I suck). Now, on the playfield, I've admired the pretty blue 2X, 4X, and 8X bonus inserts over the past three months of game ownership. Of course I rarely ever light them up. So I was quite excited when I activated and tested (by extreme glass-off cheating) the bonus switch and got the 2X to light, then the 4X, and then...not the 8X...but the 2X and 4X together, for 6X. Whoa, not straight to 8X. It took me a second to realize what had happened. I quickly replaced the glass so as not to spoil anything after that.
So does it stop at 8X? Or does it continue on to 2X and 8X (for a 10X)? Could it go all the way to 14X?

Yes! The multiplier maxes at 14x and does something kind of cool if you get there.

It’s been that way since the earliest release code

#4299 3 years ago

Another thing that seemed buggy to me last night was playing Pit Creature, combined it with crypt, played to the frenzy portion with two ball still going, one drained during the frenzy with 10 seconds or so left, but never came back. It ended crypt MB, then I drained the other with time still left on the frenzy and it ended the ball. Shouldn't both balls keep coming back during the frenzy?

#4300 3 years ago

Perhaps the timer was for frenzy and independent of the other modes. Traditionally, a MB will end when ballsave is off and 1 ball remains in play. Then the game ball will end when no balls remain in play. Frenzy would end when the timer reached 0 or game ball ends which it apparently did. Sounds normal to me.

Quoted from JustEverett:

Another thing that seemed buggy to me last night was playing Pit Creature, combined it with crypt, played to the frenzy portion with two ball still going, one drained during the frenzy with 10 seconds or so left, but never came back. It ended crypt MB, then I drained the other with time still left on the frenzy and it ended the ball. Shouldn't both balls keep coming back during the frenzy?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.