New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,360 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 928 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

M&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpg
IMG_4947.JPG
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4945.JPG
IMG_20201020_171900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172056 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172116 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201015_121100 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172001 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172020 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1601980903720 (resized).jpg
0362988A-3464-469F-9690-8D0989A8A111 (resized).jpeg
20201015_152729 (resized).jpg
E8888404-04F2-41F9-9C86-4B936F35C715 (resized).jpeg
pb72 (resized).jpg
e4680da2c518f174084190d5345986e86dee77ad (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5360 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 108.
#4201 7 months ago

I finally nailed down a bug, too -

After your Frankenstein Monster multiball is over, the "Lab Lock 1" like will flash blue, but the Lock Diverter will not open. The lock diverter will not open until:
1. You drain and start a new ball, OR,
2. Shoot up to the Mini-PF, and then drain OFF of the Mini-PF.

#4202 7 months ago

Can spooky or anyone confirm these bug reports aren't falling on deaf ears? I've suggested before that a bug reporting thread would be a good idea. And spooky could update the main post with known bugs, so they don't get duplicate reported etc. Then spooky wouldn't have to dig through pages of posts to find stuff. Also the owners club won't be cluttered with bugs. Efficiency makes everyone's lives easier.

#4203 7 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Can spooky or anyone confirm these bug reports aren't falling on deaf ears? I've suggested before that a bug reporting thread would be a good idea. And spooky could update the main post with known bugs, so they don't get duplicate reported etc. Then spooky wouldn't have to dig through pages of posts to find stuff. Also the owners club won't be cluttered with bugs. Efficiency makes everyone's lives easier.

Fuck, I've offered to host a website with my company's own tracking software, and it fell on deaf ears. I just assume that someone here is reading and making a note of them.

#4204 7 months ago

Yep, they’re reading.

If you have something specific, fire them an email direct! They actually reply too, unlike the other companies.

rd

#4205 7 months ago

WTF!
Just played a game of Alice and the front crypt drop target broke right off!
It still works because a small bit of plastic still sticks up above the hole.

#4206 7 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you have something specific, fire them an email direct!

99% of the time I don't get replies back from Spooky. (The 1% of the time when it's an actual issue with my game, I do. Awesome on them, regardless!) fawzmagames 's been silent to any messages/emails I've sent. I gave up on that. I'm not upset, just with there was better method to keep track of issues reported.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF!
Just played a game of Alice and the front crypt drop target broke right off! It still works because a small bit of plastic still sticks up above the hole. But what kind of plastic breaks this fast on home use only?

That musta been a fantastic shot!

#4207 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF!
Just played a game of Alice and the front crypt drop target broke right off! It still works because a small bit of plastic still sticks up above the hole. But what kind of plastic breaks this fast on home use only?

Welcome to pinball.

I got a Jurassic Park last week ... second game in:

332EFD43-8368-489C-9188-4B42953B6E0A (resized).jpeg

Then this:

DD3A2114-64C3-45A0-B608-5CCDFBB47BD4 (resized).jpeg

Lol!!

rd

#4208 7 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Welcome to pinball.
[quoted image]
Then this:
[quoted image]
Lol!!
rd

I have both those issues on mine. Fortunately they have a redesigned raptor one way gate that will fix that. I broke 2 before i got the redesign. If that flipper post by upper flipper is loose there is also a redesign. Contact stern for free replacements. Though on my upper post i had to put both washers on upper playfield for it to fit. The instructions say to put one on top and one below. But that might be modified further. Mine was one of the first handful of fix kits. I Haven't done anything about chipping or pooling. But it plays great. I try not to let cosmetics bother me.

Edit: ps: one dude used a heat gun to smooth out his pooling you can find info in the jp owner thread.

Edit 2: pps, keep some extra coil stops on hand pm if you want more theoretical tips if your coil stops blow out within the first few hundred plays.

(Sorry if that's a thread highjack.)

#4209 7 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Fortunately they have a redesigned raptor one way gate that will fix that

I’ll ask the NZ distributors, who will do nothing at all about it lol

I’m making a new gate today, at least it’ll be working properly today.

rd

#4210 7 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Welcome to pinball.
[quoted image]
Then this:
[quoted image]
Lol!!
rd

JP has been out for 5+ months and still having these issues. What BS

#4211 7 months ago

Well if spooky are listening, then maybe they will speak up here as I have received no reply from emails. Or maybe I'm just being too critical about a 12K+ AUD machine with indenting on the play field from the vuk. Pictures do not show the true extent of the damage on this HUO pin.

IMG_20200123_123746 (resized).jpgIMG_4954 (resized).jpg
#4212 7 months ago
Quoted from earetz:

Well if spooky are listening, then maybe they will speak up here as I have received no reply from emails. Or maybe I'm just being too critical about a 12K+ AUD machine with indenting on the play field from the vuk. Pictures do not show the true extent of the damage on this HUO pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

Routed or private...how many plays?

#4213 7 months ago

Home use only, maybe 500 plays. Think its a thin clear coat, you can feel the indent....Not happy

#4214 7 months ago

Wow! I find that hard to believe...500 plays. Contact Spooky and your distro with the receipt and date you took procession. Let them sort it. Taking this to pinside won’t help you.

Honestly, that looks like a routed game. People who don’t put up a true profile always make me wonder. No collection, no story, no avatar. Just red flags.

#4215 7 months ago

As mentioned, i already contacted spooky. No reply.

I may email Charlie directly next week.

#4216 7 months ago

Spooky is very busy. Just not with ACNC anymore.

#4217 7 months ago

And heres a pic of my dining room dnapac, not sure what i have done to you. Just because i dont bother with an avatar!

image1 (resized).JPG
#4218 7 months ago
Quoted from earetz:

And heres a pic of my dining room dnapac, not sure what i have done to you. Just because i dont bother with an avatar![quoted image]

Whooaa! Not attacking you. I just pointed out somethings that bothered me. Like I said. Reach out to your distro and Spooky.

#4219 7 months ago
Quoted from earetz:

Well if spooky are listening, then maybe they will speak up here as I have received no reply from emails. Or maybe I'm just being too critical about a 12K+ AUD machine with indenting on the play field from the vuk. Pictures do not show the true extent of the damage on this HUO pin.[quoted image][quoted image]

Am I missing something? Are you talking about the dimples on the playfield?

#4220 7 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Am I missing something? Are you talking about the dimples on the playfield?

Took me a while to see it as the picture is so dark.

20200315_085430 (resized).jpg
#4221 7 months ago

Those dimples are nothing compared to my JJP PoTC and Wonka! I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy it to be honest.

I just joined the ACNC club! Got a loaded butter cab on its way to me as we speak. Super stoked!

#4222 7 months ago

Forgive me, but I don’t see what the problem is... and why are you shining ambient light across a dark surface to try and show it?

It’s life, brother. Things are imperfect. Things have little flaws and imperfections... especially something as unnecessary and frivolous as a pinball machine.

I don’t see clear and art chipping off.

Enjoy the wear and tear. Those are marks and bumps are evidence of having used and enjoyed something. My advice: don’t micro analyze things too much. Manufacturing flaws? Ok... complain. Pinball patina? Not so bad.

#4223 7 months ago
Quoted from earetz:

All playfields dimple. If you don't like it, put a playfield protector on. Other wise just enjoy the game. Hard coats are a thing of the past due to restrictions.

My ACNC has dimples too.

#4224 7 months ago

My acnc has dimples but no giant rut on front of the scoop....

#4225 7 months ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Took me a while to see it as the picture is so dark.[quoted image]

Ah ok. If that’s really an inch long depression in your playfield then yeah, that's not good. How could that’ve happened?

#4226 7 months ago

Seems like someone discussed this earlier in the thread that sometimes the scoop kickout needs to be adjusted down to prevent a trail of dimples. I'm fairly certain I don't have dimples in that area. The only place I have any dimples showing up is the area around the left ramp from the occasional airball. I just bought the tree airball preventers from Pinball life to hopefully stop any further dimpling, but overall I'm very happy with my ACNC playfield (~1300 plays).

#4227 7 months ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Took me a while to see it as the picture is so dark.[quoted image]

I would at least put a piece of Mylar there for now and find out about adjusting the scoop. Let us know what you find out!

#4228 7 months ago
Quoted from earetz:

I have had this concern from the beginning as this started right way on ours. The VUK coil was kicking balls out the at varying power (it seemed) from out and midway to right across and into the bottom o the right sling shot or top of flipper. There was no playfield protector available so I inquired about getting the art outline to have one made and was flat out told no. This was both quite surprising and very disappointing. Of course the dimpling has continued which I'm not happy about as I simply wanted to protect the PF early on. Fortunately not long ago, Playfield Protectors finally came out with a 2 PF protector set so I ordered one. I haven't installed it yet as I've been busy so I have kept the pin off until I can find the time. I am not losing out as I have just been too busy anyway

I did inquire about purchasing a replacement PF and I was told that there will be PFs available for a long time and that unless I believed that it was really necessary that I could hold off for now and save the money. I took the advice so far and haven't ordered a PF at this point.

Many will say, it's all an expected part of owning a Pinball machine with heavy balls smashing about under the glass. I agree but this is also why you can get things to help protect against the normal wear and tear, from mylar to these full non-adhesive overlays and plastic PETG type protectors and fender washers etc...

I say that for those who are ok with the wear, good on you but you should also acknowledge or simply respect that some of us want to build up our pins to reduce and sometime eliminate these issues. I spend serious money on my collection and spend extra money to both visually and functionally enhance them as this is my collection/hobby. I don't flip these.

#4229 7 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

functionally enhance them

While I have no problem with folks protecting their machines, I will say, in regards to this quotes above:
Those plastic protectors do NOT 'enhance' anything. They affect ball travel. They collect and trap dust underneath. Like plastic ramps, they will start to haze under ball travel.

IMHO, the downsides to me far outweigh any benefit they provide.

#4230 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Spooky is very busy. Just not with ACNC anymore.

I do hope that ACNC doesn't get forgotten about now that there is so much R&M hype...it seems like that title is already getting constant code updates and that the feedback loop is constantly in motion.

ACNC is a beautiful title with incredible potential, but in addition to still feeling incomplete (obvious missing sound effects, tearing graphics on the LCD, and more) the list of bugs is not short.

Agreed, that it seems like it would benefit both owners and Spooky if we had a dedicated thread for discussing bugs and gaps.

*EDIT* Screw it, I'll just start one. I tried to capture most of what has been documented to date and credit those who came forward.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-acnc-bug-and-enhancement-feedback-thread

#4231 7 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Those plastic protectors do NOT 'enhance' anything. They affect ball travel. They collect and trap dust underneath. Like plastic ramps, they will start to haze under ball travel.
IMHO, the downsides to me far outweigh any benefit they provide.

Yup. I had put one on an F-14 and hated it and removed it after a month due to particles constantly getting underneath it. They work if this doesn't bother you, but I'm too OCD! Also, you are going to have to adjust switches to account for the height difference and you will have to trim it in spots to get it to fit. I tried using high pressure air from a portable air tank to blow particles out and that does work kind of, but it's difficult to impossible to lift the protector in spots to blow the air in. Also, particles just get blown to other locations under protector as well. And if there is any movement of protector (loose fit) it will scratch on the under side and that really looks like shit and there is nothing you can do about it. Better off to wax and then apply Mylar. This way it comes off easier in the future if needed.

#4232 7 months ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I do hope that ACNC doesn't get forgotten about now that there is so much R&M hype...it seems like that title is already getting constant code updates and that the feedback loop is constantly in motion.
ACNC is a beautiful title with incredible potential ...

Agreed and thanks for starting a special thread to track needed ACNC bug fixes, code suggestions, etc.!

#4233 7 months ago

Still no under cab mode color changing light kits?

#4234 7 months ago

Played a game last night. Hit the ramp skill shot off the plunge followed by an immediate secret passage shot to start the mode.....3 x's in a row. Probably never do that again. Neat feature in the code.

#4235 7 months ago

Coyote, Mr_Outlane, that is certainly fair and time will tell what comes of these for me but So far So good. The one visual that varies between these is the amount of window sticker look (if that is how one would describe it). I accept it but wish that it didn't do it.

At present it seems like I am more of a curator for a Pinball collection than a baller. I don't get a ton of play in but they sure are purdy

#4236 7 months ago

Boy oh boy would this be an amazing time for a code update! I find myself constantly checking the thread to see if it’s dropped yet! I’m sure it will happen at some point and I’ll be thrilled!!

#4237 7 months ago

Sooo back to the phantom chop issue....I traced it all the way to the connector and it seems like if I wiggle the wires, especially when they touch each other, that’s what’s causing the phantom chops. Anybody have any idea what I can do to address this? I’ve reseated the connector and it’s nice and tight. Thanks as always!

#4238 7 months ago
Quoted from TheWombat2430:

Sooo back to the phantom chop issue....I traced it all the way to the connector and it seems like if I wiggle the wires, especially when they touch each other, that’s what’s causing the phantom chops. Anybody have any idea what I can do to address this? I’ve reseated the connector and it’s nice and tight. Thanks as always!

Sorry Wombat, I said Id send you a pic didn’t I? Been a bit hectic.
Mine did exactly the same thing.
Even though it didn’t seem like it at first - that wire was being pinched by the ramp plastic. Free it up. Gently push the ramp to do so if you need to.

Added 7 months ago:

Just to add: Spooky actually sent me a new opto (plus wire and connector) for this problem. It was only when I unscrewed the opto from the ramp to replace it that I could see how tight the wire had been, trapped by the ramp plastic.
Freed it up, put it back and it’s been fine ever since. Not used the replacement one.
I’d bet this is your fix too.

#4239 7 months ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Boy oh boy would this be an amazing time for a code update! I find myself constantly checking the thread to see if it’s dropped yet! I’m sure it will happen at some point and I’ll be thrilled!!

I am hopeful that there is in fact still a lot to come. That is what we've been told so still holding on to that.

#4240 7 months ago

Well, I replaced my crypt drop target and the machine goes into crypt multi ball every time a ball goes into the crypt? Micro switches on both crypt drop targets appear to be opening and closing the switches properly, but haven't ohmed them out yet. Any other suggestions?

*** Never mind, found a broken solder joint at wire to micro switch...Duh! Working now.

#4241 7 months ago

Factory (black) vs new Pinball Life (white) drop target.

Frosted Rollover Drop Target
SKU: PBL-300-0021-00-71

** This drop target is a direct replacement for Williams/Bally part numbers 03-8750 and 03-8033.

DSCN0193 (resized).JPGDSCN0192 (resized).JPG

#4242 7 months ago

This frosted white drop target would look cool with a light under it! But the RGB Crypt lights the area good already.
Here's one on a TNA. The insert LEDs were moved from the inserts in front of the target to behind it to illuminate it.
20190828_150407 (resized).jpg

#4243 7 months ago

Would have been cool if the drop was lit like that from the factory. Drop color could show "ready for lock"/"ready for multiball", leaving the arrow for modes, combos, etc

#4244 7 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Would have been cool if the drop was lit like that from the factory. Drop color could show "ready for lock"/"ready for multiball", leaving the arrow for modes, combos, etc

Would not be too difficult...
1. Get new drop targets and RGB bulbs from PBL.
2. Find which unused lights are available on the RGB boards.
3. Program in code to use them - maybe add a switch in the settings to say they're 'enabled' or not.

#4245 7 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Would not be too difficult...
1. Get new drop targets and RGB bulbs from PBL.
2. Find which unused lights are available on the RGB boards.
3. Program in code to use them - maybe add a switch in the settings to say they're 'enabled' or not.

I can do #1.

#4246 7 months ago

I could easily do #2. And do #3 if I was allowed. (Yes, I'm actually thinking of modding my machine for it..)

#4247 7 months ago

Hopefully the next code update fixes the volume of Alice. His voice is so soft now, sometime I can’t hear him, and the sound/music attention in the settings menu doesn’t do anything. Otherwise, loving my pins in this time of isolation!

#4248 7 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hopefully the next code update fixes the volume of Alice. His voice is so soft now, sometime I can’t hear him, and the sound/music attention in the settings menu doesn’t do anything. Otherwise, loving my pins in this time of isolation!

Really need separate volume settings for voice, music, sfx... I always want the sfx quieter so I can crank the music higher. A few of the sfx are quite loud

#4249 7 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Huh, he is perfectly fine on my.machine?

#4250 7 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh, he is perfectly fine on my.machine?

Weird, so soft now. Was good before. I’ve tried all the settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 5360 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 108.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside