(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 160.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

does anyone have the order form for ACNC the one with all the options? or is it posted here already?
considering to get one!
never mind... I found it!

Uproot for a good decision. Personally I feel the butter is worth it if available this late in the run.

#4152 4 years ago

does anyone have the order form for ACNC the one with all the options? or is it posted here already?
considering to get one!

I'm pretty sure ACNC is out of production now. Might have to check the used market.

#4153 4 years ago

considering to get one!

I can't believe there are still some left when R&M sold out in week or whatever! People make no sense to me! I still think ACNC is one of the greatest games ever made!

#4154 4 years ago

I have to agree and in my collection gets the most plays ...by the owners! Quick question is 10 chops for extra ball the lowest or only number you can have at? Damn hard to get 10 in one ball

#4155 4 years ago

Not sure of this has been covered but with latest code the Danesi lock skill shot doesnt work when there is a ball locked and ready for MB.

I did mention earlier that this presents a similar problem when starting BDB. If you use the Danesi lock as skill shot/to activate BDB it cuts flipper power - drains the balls while playing BDB intro - power comes back to flippers briefly -Fires another ball off as if maybe it started BDB after mini freak out - flippers cut like end of BNB mode and plays Alice ending- Game over man

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm pretty sure ACNC is out of production now. Might have to check the used market.

It’s still available

I spoke to Morgan Emery Spooky today about it.

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have to agree and in my collection gets the most plays ...by the owners! Quick question is 10 chops for extra ball the lowest or only number you can have at? Damn hard to get 10 in one ball

Yes. I never did it yet!

#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. I never did it yet!

maybe add to code to take it down to 5 or so?

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

maybe add to code to take it down to 5 or so?

No way!

You have to really concentrate to get that extra ball and in the end it only makes you better for the Vanpire and Alice modes.

I vote leave it

#4160 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

No way!
You have to really concentrate to get that extra ball and in the end it only makes you better for the Vanpire and Alice modes.
I vote leave it

I vote give the option as we are not all as good as you obviously.

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Sounds like a good option would be to put it in as a menu setting.

#4162 4 years ago

ACNC is a hard game.

But so far, I'm digging trying to play better!

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Not sure of this has been covered but with latest code the Danesi lock skill shot doesnt work when there is a ball locked and ready for MB.

Yep - that bug has been logged and Fawz says he’s got it sorted.

rd

#4164 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Wow bro. Just an opinion like yours minus the pointed sarcasm ya know?

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Sounds like a good option would be to put it in as a menu setting.

Instead of specifying it manually, the game should - like the Reply - auto-adjust. As an operator, let me tell the game I want an average of 25% extra balls. Let the game auto-adjust the Monster # that lights the Extra Ball, and adjust the number of chops needed.

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Wow bro. Just an opinion like yours minus the pointed sarcasm ya know?

Not your "bro" and you will notice I was saying give an "option", which does not take away your preference.....where your comment is all about you...bro!

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not your "bro" and you will notice I was saying give an "option", which does not take away your preference.....where your comment is all about you...bro!

Listen pal.At this point I just want this to devolve into you proceededing to call me Guy. Which in case I hope to maybe reply with Chief or even Boss. Hopefully that in turn will garnish a Cheech or dare i say friend.

Finish up with a nice round of sorrys?

What do ya say amigo?

#4168 4 years ago

Poor secret passage sign, came off the flipper and broke it right off

C6FAFE2E-88B8-4206-A02E-60E96E579319 (resized).jpegC6FAFE2E-88B8-4206-A02E-60E96E579319 (resized).jpeg
#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Poor secret passage sign, came off the flipper and broke it right off [quoted image]

Sending you a PM. I'll replace it at no charge.

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Sending you a PM. I'll replace it at no charge.

Wow, thanks! I’m sure it just took the perfect shot to have it do that. The ball hit right at the base of the sign in the air.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Listen pal.At this point I just want this to devolve into you proceededing to call me Guy. Which in case I hope to maybe reply with Chief or even Boss. Hopefully that in turn will garnish a Cheech or dare i say friend.
Finish up with a nice round of sorrys?
What do ya say amigo?

Absolutely, I could have replied much nicer than I did, for that I apologize!

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Absolutely, I could have replied much nicer than I did, for that I apologize!

I fucking love you Canuks. I couldnt imagine having any other neighbor on top of us.

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I fucking love you Canuks. I couldnt imagine having any other neighbor on top of us.

So to speak....

rd

#4174 4 years ago

Anybody with a topper know how to adjust the brain. He’s off by 45 degrees. He should be looking forward here. When he turns, he looks forward for a second and then does this. I do love the looks of this topper!
CB29D558-5C79-4DDC-99B9-428A0CDC0031 (resized).jpegCB29D558-5C79-4DDC-99B9-428A0CDC0031 (resized).jpeg

#4175 4 years ago

Got it! The brain is in the jar free. He kept getting turned...so a little Velcro on the bottom of the brain and the other on the lid and got him all lined up! I also had a stuck left ramp onto. Got it fixed, but noticed frontdroptarget and backdroptarget optos say “stuck” in the stuck switch menu...do these really exist, I couldn’t find them and the game plays perfect.

#4176 4 years ago

I’ve got Alice out in the lounge at the apartment - we had 70 people here for Pincade the other night.

Never really sat down and studied the cabinet art before - it’s pretty rad!! All the characters are there.

The Rob Zombie looks down from above ... AMH is behind that ...

rd

2186F281-4C49-4727-B279-D4291A9DDE97 (resized).jpeg2186F281-4C49-4727-B279-D4291A9DDE97 (resized).jpeg
#4177 4 years ago

Is it just me, or is Pit Creature way more lucrative than the other monsters?

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Is it just me, or is Pit Creature way more lucrative than the other monsters?

It is. Or can be at least.

And it's not just you and me who think so.

#4179 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It is. Or can be at least.
And it's not just you and me who think so.

I’m hoping scoring balance and some new game features after they defeated the evil data dumping bug last month

#4180 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’m hoping scoring balance and some new game features after they defeated the evil data dumping bug last month

Agreed on creature

#4181 4 years ago

Yes pit creature is def the easiest and most lucrative mode. Werewolf and zombie are much harder imo, and not worth anywhere near as much; even if played perfectly.

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Yes pit creature is def the easiest and most lucrative mode. Werewolf and zombie are much harder imo, and not worth anywhere near as much; even if played perfectly.

Zombie is my hardest, IMHO.

#4183 4 years ago

Don't forget how the scoring works in this game. The later you play a mode the more it pays out. Each mode gets a 20% increase in value over the previous mode. So play your hard modes first. Save your easy modes for last when it's worth far more points. Just switch modes with center targets before locking them in.

#4184 4 years ago

I wish the mode high scores ignored the 20% bonus scoring... Impossible to tell whether I played a mode really well, or just played it later.

#4185 4 years ago

Anyone have a tower mod they want to sell?

#4186 4 years ago

One of my GI bulbs at the left sling is out of sync color wise with the rest of the game. I plan to open the game up and see if something is disconnected.

Anyone know why this could be happening?

Thanks!

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

One of my GI bulbs at the left sling is out of sync color wise with the rest of the game. I plan to open the game up and see if something is disconnected.
Thanks!

Go into LED test, put it on 'All' and cycle.
Likely you have a single filament in there (the Red, Green, or Blue) had died. Check the plug, but likely it'll be fine and it's the LED unit itself.

#4188 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Thanks!

I had this same issue. It was a loose connection for the RGB. Mine was loose at the board for the left sling. I shared a picture earlier in the thread (marked as a key post), that shows the sequence of each set of RGBs. Just follow that back and I'm guessing you'll find a loose connection.

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I wish the mode high scores ignored the 20% bonus scoring... Impossible to tell whether I played a mode really well, or just played it later.

Well, they did this to make the game play seem less linear. Since people always complain about games being linear.

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, they did this to make the game play seem less linear. Since people always complain about games being linear.

That has nothing to do with high scores?

#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Never really sat down and studied the cabinet art before - it’s pretty rad!!

It is a machine of beauty and deserves to be in the open and not in the middle of a line up

#4192 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

It is a machine of beauty and deserves to be in the open and not in the middle of a line up

Just got our Rick and Morty. It was gonna go on the end (the new one and good arts but we change the ACNC back to the end...artwork is just too good!

#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That has nothing to do with high scores?

So not having a defined order in which to achieve high scores has nothing to do with making game play less linear then?

#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So not having a defined order in which to achieve high scores has nothing to do with making game play less linear then?

High scores aren't ordered. They can come from any game. The fact that some modes have a score multiplier means that a middling play one game may beat a perfect play another game, which is pointless. Now my only high score strat is "avoid this mode and hope I can get through every other one first" now that mode is my high score, even if I do crap on it.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

High scores aren't ordered. They can come from any game. The fact that some modes have a score multiplier means that a middling play one game may beat a perfect play another game, which is pointless. Now my only high score strat is "avoid this mode and hope I can get through every other one first" now that mode is my high score, even if I do crap on it.

All this feature I spoke of does, is provide another strategy for players. This gives more variety. It's a good thing IMO.

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

All this feature I spoke of does, is provide another strategy for players. This gives more variety. It's a good thing IMO.

It's fine for game play. It shouldn't factor into the modes high scores.

#4197 4 years ago

So I found a bug in the new code. Select Ethyl. Hit an orbit to lock her in. The next steps I cannot remember the order - either hit the crypt multi-ball then the secret passage to start the monster mode or the other way around, but do them in very quick succession and Cold Ethyl does not start - Igor does.

Did it 3 times now.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So I found a bug in the new code. Select Ethyl. Hit an orbit to lock her in. The next steps I cannot remember the order - either hit the crypt multi-ball then the secret passage to start the monster mode or the other way around, but do them in very quick succession and Cold Ethyl does not start - Igor does.
Did it 3 times now.

I can concur. This happened to me.

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Did it 3 times now.

This happened to me as well a couple times.

#4200 4 years ago

Also, I completed bugs (little things) yesterday and hit the hurry up shot in time and didn't receive any points for it.
Switch is fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/84?hl=rmarmol1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.