New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,360 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 121 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 928 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

M&M_AC_SpeakerSurround_TortureChamber.jpg
IMG_4947.JPG
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4945.JPG
IMG_20201020_171900 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172056 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172116 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201015_121100 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172001 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201020_172020 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1601980903720 (resized).jpg
0362988A-3464-469F-9690-8D0989A8A111 (resized).jpeg
20201015_152729 (resized).jpg
E8888404-04F2-41F9-9C86-4B936F35C715 (resized).jpeg
pb72 (resized).jpg
e4680da2c518f174084190d5345986e86dee77ad (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5360 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 108.
#4101 8 months ago

Can someone tell me... when you boot up your machine, or in-between games when the machine is riffing Billion Dollar Babies, what color is your skull flashing?

I may have my connection backwards but I'd rather not take it apart again to find out its not so then have to take it apart again, again.

#4102 8 months ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

How many times must you zap Frank to officially defeat him? I've done both ramps a bunch of times and then zapped him with the center target a bunch but not getting the official kill. How do you kill him and how does the scoring work?

3 ramps to defeat him. Then guillotine shots for super jackpots. 3 bank ups the ramp values.

#4103 8 months ago

Awesome. Thanks.
Maybe Spooky should put some instructions on the screen with indicators on how many more to go like other monster for him and Cold Ethyl?

The lights in front of the ramps become solid to show progress

#4104 8 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Still some stuff to be worked out in the code but loving the new update!
Anyone have any tips for getting the spinner to rest more vertically? Ball goes under spinner or rejects sometimes. I've messed with the wires a little without much luck but didnt want to be too aggressive and make it worse[quoted image]

Silly question but are you sure that the top of the spinner is not hitting the chin of the skull on the mountain? Mine still is and I've tried to prop up the sculpt on the right hand side by placing some foam between the edge of the sculpt and the edge of the left ramp. I will have to add some more but I just haven't played it in a while, been too busy

#4105 8 months ago

Awesome. Thanks.
Maybe Spooky should put some instructions on the screen with indicators on how many more to go like other monster for him and Cold Ethyl?

I'd prefer not. Figuring it out is the most fun part imo.

Cold Ethyl is just hit ball up to top playfield and drip it down into Danesi lock (imagine, you're burying Ethyl)
Then hit Fanesinlock to release Ethyl from grave.
Then lock 1 ball in Danesi lock either via top playfield or standard shot. Then beat the hurry up countdown and hit the Danesis drop target to best her.

Repeat.

#4106 8 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Silly question but are you sure that the top of the spinner is not hitting the chin of the skull on the mountain? Mine still is and I've tried to prop up the sculpt on the right hand side by placing some foam between the edge of the sculpt and the edge of the left ramp. I will have to add some more but I just haven't played it in a while, been too busy

Thankfully this was not the problem with mine, I was able to bend the wire a little and get it corrected. Lubed it up with some zoom oil an it flies now.

Hopefully you can get yours sorted out, is it possible to bend the spinner bracket slightly away from the sculpt?

#4107 8 months ago

IMHO, it kinda looks like the spinner switch may be pressing up too much on the spinner wire? .. Something about that looks wrong, but I can't put my finger on it.

#4108 8 months ago

Well thru simple, benign negligence I have not updated my ACNC. My game runs great with no issues. Should I do the update, given the issues above, or jus wait for next one?

#4109 8 months ago

Is anyone else having issues with the right orbit not causing you to visit rooms in the castle? Since I've been running the newest code, it seems like my right orbit only registers room visits after entering the orbit at least 3 times. However, it does register combos and skill shots every single time. I checked the switches in the test mode, and they're registering every time.

#4110 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Is anyone else having issues with the right orbit not causing you to visit rooms in the castle? Since I've been running the newest code, it seems like my right orbit only registers room visits after entering the orbit at least 3 times. However, it does register combos and skill shots every single time. I checked the switches in the test mode, and they're registering every time.

I have been noticing this. I couldn’t get the monster to lock by hitting the right orbit. It’s seemed to take multiple rounds, even though the light was lit and the display was calling for it.

#4111 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Working properly for me...

#4112 8 months ago

It was a Spooky weekend.... Finally got a chance to hang my fang club poster, Install the ACNC Topper (cleared my ceiling by less than a inch) and update the code. I was sceptical of the topper, but it looks GREAT once on the machine.

IMG_20200301_122334564 (resized).jpg
#4113 8 months ago

When the center scoop is lit for “light mystery” it doesn’t always light the mystery shot. Anyone else have this?

#4114 8 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When the center scoop is lit for “light mystery” it doesn’t always light the mystery shot. Anyone else have this?

Adjust the first switch in the subway, closest to the “lite mystery” scoop. Should sort it.

rd

#4115 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Adjust the first switch in the subway, closest to the “lite mystery” scoop. Should sort it.
rd

Thanks man! That took care of it. I have also noticed that Alices call outs can be harder to hear compared to the other sounds. I’ve tried adjusting the music attention, but it didn’t seem to help. Any thoughts?

#4116 8 months ago

Noticed there's now rule cards for each mode in the status report, really nice. Every game should have those...

However, the Igor card says you need to find him 5 times, but it only takes 3?

Finally got to BDB tonight, but couldn't really figure out the rules

#4117 8 months ago

has anyone had a ball bounce through upper hole in upper playfield, cold Ethyl, while a ball is already behind the drop target capturing two? Ball search does not drop that target so you have to restart machine or take off glass. Could this be added to ball search to drop the Danesi ball lock target? Also sometimes my ball gets pretty wedged somewhere up in the secret passage and is a bitch to get back mostly having to tilt your ball. Tough to see as upper playfield covers. Cheers!

#4118 8 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

has anyone had a ball bounce through upper hole in upper playfield, cold Ethyl, while a ball is already behind the drop target capturing two? Ball search does not drop that target so you have to restart machine or take off glass. Could this be added to ball search to drop the Danesi ball lock target? Also sometimes my ball gets pretty wedged somewhere up in the secret passage and is a bitch to get back mostly having to tilt your ball. Tough to see as upper playfield covers. Cheers!

Latest 1.1.0.0 will drop the drop target after a default of three ball searches.

..And yes, I've had this happen - kinda. I sometimes have the ball go past the Ethyl switch so fast that the game doesn't 'see' it, giving the same result you have.

#4119 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Latest 1.1.0.0 will drop the drop target after a default of three ball searches.

1.0.7.0 would as well. I had a few airballs that lobbed in there...

#4120 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

1.0.7.0 would as well. I had a few airballs that lobbed in there...

Huh, interesting. I was on 1.0.7.4, and it did not. Hee.

#4121 8 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh, interesting. I was on 1.0.7.4, and it did not. Hee.

Only problem was, that same ball search cycle would also release frank, so if a ball got stuck in either place you'd empty both your locks

#4122 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Only problem was, that same ball search cycle would also release frank, so if a ball got stuck in either place you'd empty both your locks

Yup, that still happens. Re: my post earlier about 'remembering balls were locked' in the software.

#4123 8 months ago

I had the usual ball to the Frank lock not register. Ball save still took a looong time before activating that mech.

#4124 8 months ago

Is it just me or does the music offset setting not do anything?

#4125 8 months ago

anyone about the odd ball getting stuck up in the secret passaage?

#4126 8 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone about the odd ball getting stuck up in the secret passaage?

None here. .. Well, except when I have 'Secret Passage' lit, and a monster is starting.

#4127 8 months ago

Noticed i can't see the grand champ score on mine. Running latest public release. I tried cycling with the flippers it only shows high scores 1-4. Also once i cycled around to my last games score display i was unable to change screens with the flipper buttons anymore.

Are these bugs being noted or can/should we start up a bug reporting thread where spooky can update a list of known bugs? Some of these have been in for awhile and im wondering if they know about them.

#4128 8 months ago

Is it normal for the first orbit shot which locks in your monster to cause you to travel two rooms distance from your starting point?

#4129 8 months ago

This is my first day with ACNC. I installed a knocker, shaker, put the disk in on the magna save. I also installed the art blades but I already tore them moving the playfield . Anyhow I tested the shaker in the menu and it don't work, nor does any of the coils. But it plays fine and I got the knocker to fire on extra ball and replay (shaker still don't work). I'll keep working on it but I'm open to any suggestions on why the coils don't fire on the test menu and getting the shaker to work. I'm at 1.1 code.

#4130 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Noticed there's now rule cards for each mode in the status report, really nice. Every game should have those...
However, the Igor card says you need to find him 5 times, but it only takes 3?
Finally got to BDB tonight, but couldn't really figure out the rules

Think of it like this. You spent the whole game going throughout Alice's castle. You went through all the rooms and navigated past all those monsters and now you've found Alice and you have to escape from the castle.

Blue shots equal one room escaped (I think there are like 18 or something?)

Green shots will give you the chance you cash out your points or you can keep playing by pressing both flippers.

Red shots will take a life away from you.

The blue shots will add time to your countdown timer.

It does not matter if you lose the ball so dont tilt it trying to beat the mode.

Just hit blue shot after blue shot.

Run out of time and flippers shut down and your game is over. Even if you have extra balls.

Hope this helps

#4131 8 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I also installed the art blades but I already tore them moving the playfield .

I tore my right one first day. I cut out the bad section (approx. 1" x 2") and repainted the art work with Createx paint. You can't even tell once I color matched the blue properly. But get a set of these (see below). They work on all three of my pins. I can't recommend them enough!
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#4132 8 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I also installed the art blades but I already tore them moving the playfield .

I feel your pain. I did the same thing. Now I use the pinballlife protectors religiously when I move the playfield. I have a replacement set. Did you have to remove the playfield to put the art blades on?

#4133 8 months ago

I had my wife hold the front of the playfield and I lifted up the back and took it off the rails and laid it down on the floor of the cabinet. I will probably get a replacement set also and protectors but not install them till I sell it.

#4134 7 months ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Is it normal for the first orbit shot which locks in your monster to cause you to travel two rooms distance from your starting point?

Yes that is the factory setting , harder setting is only one room ,and easy setting is 3 rooms.

#4135 7 months ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Set it to the hardest setting, Nightmare Castle or something like that, and try it out. At least you'll see all the rooms and understand what the game is doing better. I play it this way now. It's not a problem to get modes started. My problem is finishing them and getting the big points in frenzy mode and the hurry up at the end...

#4136 7 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

I had my wife hold the front of the playfield and I lifted up the back and took it off the rails and laid it down on the floor of the cabinet. I will probably get a replacement set also and protectors but not install them till I sell it.

I said the same thing about my Hobbit after the first owner and I trashed the original set of art blades. But once you get those blade protectors, you no longer have to worry about damaging them, so you may as well install them and enjoys them. They are just too cool to not use!

#4137 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Set it to the hardest setting, Nightmare Castle or something like that, and try it out. At least you'll see all the rooms and understand what the game is doing better. I play it this way now. It's not a problem to get modes started.

Exactly what I do now, yeah.

#4138 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Set it to the hardest setting, Nightmare Castle or something like that, and try it out. At least you'll see all the rooms and understand what the game is doing better. I play it this way now. It's not a problem to get modes started. My problem is finishing them and getting the big points in frenzy mode and the hurry up at the end...

Any idea if they are planning on adding more uniqueness to each room? EG The Dungeon?

When in the dungeon you can hit the guillotine to stretch the guy on the rack (not sure of there is any pay off other than points) but I love the idea of each room having some unique points or action like this.

#4139 7 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Any idea if they are planning on adding more uniqueness to each room? EG The Dungeon?
When in the dungeon you can hit the guillotine to stretch the guy on the rack (not sure of there is any pay off other than points) but I love the idea of each room having some unique points or action like this.

Right now, that's the only one. I haven't heard, and don't know if they will add others or not.

#4140 7 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

This is my first day with ACNC. I installed a knocker, shaker, put the disk in on the magna save. I also installed the art blades but I already tore them moving the playfield . Anyhow I tested the shaker in the menu and it don't work, nor does any of the coils. But it plays fine and I got the knocker to fire on extra ball and replay (shaker still don't work). I'll keep working on it but I'm open to any suggestions on why the coils don't fire on the test menu and getting the shaker to work. I'm at 1.1 code.

Recent unexpected code bug! Already fixed for next update! Didn't see that one comin lol i don't get over to this thread much lately fellas so don't be afraid to email me questions or give us a call.

#4141 7 months ago

Maybe I’m dumb.... but I can’t get the coil test to work. Installed a knocker, went to test and nothing. No coils will run in test at all. Is there something I’m missing or not doing?

#4142 7 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

3C9CB32C-3AB6-46E7-9DC0-2D04FC9EAF3B (resized).jpeg
#4143 7 months ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Maybe I’m dumb.... but I can’t get the coil test to work. Installed a knocker, went to test and nothing. No coils will run in test at all. Is there something I’m missing or not doing?

See SpookyLuke's post. Its an error in the code. It will fixed shortly.

#4144 7 months ago

Just a dream (well, nightmare) but there’s one monster on the artwork but missing from the game that I’d really love to see feature...

The Black Widow (da-da da-da da da da!)

#4145 7 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just a dream (well, nightmare) but there’s one monster on the artwork but missing from the game that I’d really love to see feature...
The Black Widow (da-da da-da da da da!)

Or have the music as the background melody in a room...he same with the song Poison but I'm sure that if it was up to the buyer we'd have trouble getting it down to 20 AC songs.

#4146 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I set my ACNC to the hardest setting too so I can see all of the rooms. Nice to bring the kitchen, library, and parlor into the game!

As has been said by others, I sure hope the code is developed more to actually capitalize on the different rooms' characteristics. Such cool gameplay opportunities!

#4147 7 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Ya, I suggested this a couple times. I hope they are going to do this. It would be a missed opportunity to make this a much better game than it is already! I think this is a better idea (and easier to implement) than the original idea of collection objects to help kill monsters. But I look forward to any new features!

#4148 7 months ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I had this problem. I made a little mod so the airball can’t pass the upper flipper without passing the target. I adjusted my mod to be fixed with the existing screws.

87CFE922-793A-4C57-8671-5615F459137C (resized).jpeg
#4149 7 months ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

Or have the music as the background melody in a room...he same with the song Poison but I'm sure that if it was up to the buyer we'd have trouble getting it down to 20 AC songs.

Yeah, find the spider in a room to unleash on the Little Things later!

#4150 7 months ago

does anyone have the order form for ACNC the one with all the options? or is it posted here already?

considering to get one!

never mind... I found it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burien, WA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
There are 5360 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 108.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside