(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 160.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I ended up swapping out the stock 3/16" post rubbers for 3/8", which is more the standard size I see on most machines anyway. This seems to help with some of the cheap drains. As other have mentioned, increasing the playfield pitch would also help but I think that mine is high enough already

I found out today that putting a 3/8" rubber on the right post at inlane/outlane location, causes the ball the get stuck in the outlane. It's fine on the left side though.

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

My Cooper did something strange today on the new code. Was playing a monster mode when flipper power died and it drained my ball as if I had tilted although I hadn’t. Anyone else have this happen?

Hey there, I am having this problem. When the mode starts, all of the coils in the game shut down. I am working with spooky on the problem. We figured out that if we disconnect the upper magnet the modes work fine. It has something to do with the magnet. Are you still having that problem?

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Bug alert!!
I noticed twice now that the ware wolf mode does not light the red inserts the first time around. They do light after that, but not the first time.

I think I may be misunderstanding what you mean by 'first time', maybe, but it won't, as the first time all shots are green. Once you make a green shot to cock your gun, then shoot the center targets to fire at the werewolf, the shots to cock the gun are green again - except the one you just made, it will be red. And the process will repeat - until after 4 or 5 shots they're all red - except for the last one. Shoot it, then the center target, and you defeated the werewolf.

#4054 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I noticed that the Titan rubber kit for Alice has cone shaped post sleeves?
Which way are these supposed to go on?
And why are they cone shaped?

The larger end goes up. The tapered shape prevents airballs.

#4055 4 years ago

#4056 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The larger end goes up. The tapered shape prevents airballs.

You guys have 3 customer kits listed on your ACNC page. Have you looked through them and confirmed they’re accurate to factory?

#4057 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:I only switched the flipper rubbers and dialled their power down a bit, along with the slings. It changed everything for the better (and I was in love before).

I’ve found Titans wear better and have a lot less bounce than the stock PL ones.

#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys have 3 customer kits listed on your ACNC page. Have you looked through them and confirmed they’re accurate to factory?

I can tell you that the GID kit with purple upper flipper has one o-ring that seems too small. Pretty sure I didn’t use the wrong one everything else was fine. The one for just left of the guillotine ramp. Other than that it was all good.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So my ACNC is giving me phantom guillotine hits. It’s usually when I hit the right flipper. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

I had this problem about a month ago. The left side of the opto had come detached and one of the wires had come off it’s tab. The upper flipper thumping was causing the opto switch to register. I soldered the wire back to its post and reattached the switch and it’s been perfect since.

#4060 4 years ago

Got my Alice topper installed. Love it!

0854D309-0B6F-4ECE-B02B-BDA01F01AD2C (resized).jpeg0854D309-0B6F-4ECE-B02B-BDA01F01AD2C (resized).jpeg6A28CF89-BA55-48A4-B843-D3DABD9C6AB7 (resized).jpeg6A28CF89-BA55-48A4-B843-D3DABD9C6AB7 (resized).jpegC94C522B-79E8-4120-B17D-875477698EB0 (resized).jpegC94C522B-79E8-4120-B17D-875477698EB0 (resized).jpegF5C270AD-2F47-4FFC-AB8A-42FF8C823369 (resized).jpegF5C270AD-2F47-4FFC-AB8A-42FF8C823369 (resized).jpeg
#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think I may be misunderstanding what you mean by 'first time', maybe, but it won't, as the first time all shots are green. Once you make a green shot to cock your gun, then shoot the center targets to fire at the werewolf, the shots to cock the gun are green again - except the one you just made, it will be red. And the process will repeat - until after 4 or 5 shots they're all red - except for the last one. Shoot it, then the center target, and you defeated the werewolf.

I took damage hitting a shot that had not turned red yet. They did turn red after that round though.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I took damage hitting a shot that had not turned red yet. They did turn red after that round though.

Ah - there's a bug that's been in the game since at least v1.0.7.4 - When the center targets are lit (to fire your gun at the werewolf), something will cause the other shots to become re-active. It will play the bad shot, and say you took damage, but won't actually reduce your health bar. I have noticed this in 1.1.0.0 as well.

#4063 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah - there's a bug that's been in the game since at least v1.0.7.4 - When the center targets are lit (to fire your gun at the werewolf), something will cause the other shots to become re-active. It will play the bad shot, and say you took damage, but won't actually reduce your health bar. I have noticed this in 1.1.0.0 as well.

I think it's just all the time. Once you've hit a shot, if you hit it again, you'll get damaged, even though the light isn't on/red. I reported it a while ago too

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4065 4 years ago

A man of many words I see

#4066 4 years ago

I * AM* curious why it's "verified", but specifically states it has changed some sizes? That, to me, kind of weakens the 'verified' label.

#4067 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I *
AM* curious why it's "verified", but specifically states it has changed some sizes? That, to me, kind of weakens the 'verified' label.

Yeah... that is a little confusing

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Got my Alice topper installed. Love it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got something from sideshow that it was delayed. When did you get it?
Magicchiz

#4069 4 years ago

Bugs.

I am running latest code 1.1.0.0. The bonus still is not being added to the scores. I cannot add service credits. And the super value aka bonus credit setting is still not working.

these were present in 1.0.7.6. i went from 1.0.7.3 to 1.0.7.6 and that's when they were introduced to my machine.

A couple weeks ago during league there was a group of 4 players playing. on ball 2 player 4 hit various skill shots and none of them registered. Even hitting any switch did not take the game out of the skill shot scenario. This happened to the next player as well. When it was player 2 on the ball 3 plunge, it showed the start mode scene as it should have since he didn't access a mode yet, but after the monster battle intro he was not in a mode. Previously player 3 on ball 2 mentioned he entered a battle and it showed the monster intro sequence twice, not sure if it's related, but the player after that is when the issue started. I power cycled the game and it seemed to resolve the issue.(this is a 3 ball set game.)

#4070 4 years ago

Another strange issue -
When in Service Menu, and you go to look at the Statistics, it will say "Press Start to Select". DO NOT . It'll lock up your game, and you'll be forced to reset it. You can view the statistics, but.. trying to 'select' one will lock it up.

#4071 4 years ago

I have had two issues since installing 1.1. Sometimes when starting crypt multiball in a monster mode causes the coil power to die like a tilt and you lose your ball. And when you start a new game but the previous game had ended with a ball in lab lock one, which drains out perfectly fine at games end. It’ll say ball missing and shoot one out on the playfield and drain it when you start the next game.Then you can press start and it’s fine. Both issues only started happening with the new code.

#4072 4 years ago

Figured I’d put this up as well regarding Titan rubber kit. The reason the sling rubbers are a little bigger. I’ve read from multiple posts about Titans and the consensus is you need the larger size for slingshot rubbers. They are very stiff o-rings and apparently if you run stock size for slings they can break much quicker. I have no idea for the 3/8 to 5/16 change but as this is the kit I used I can say they work fine.

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Figured I’d put this up as well regarding Titan rubber kit. The reason the sling rubbers are a little bigger. I’ve read from multiple posts about Titans and the consensus is you need the larger size for slingshot rubbers. They are very stiff o-rings and apparently if you run stock size for slings they can break much quicker. I have no idea for the 3/8 to 5/16 change but as this is the kit I used I can say they work fine.

Thanks for that!

#4074 4 years ago

ACNC shipped with pinball life silicone. They don't make a 2-3/4" ring at all. So ACNC got a "pre-stretched" 2-1/2 on the slings. The sling post spacing really needs 2-3/4" in my opinion.

The 5/16" on the star posts were so tight they were discoloring a tiny bit so I changed them to 3/8".

#4075 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I found out today that putting a 3/8" rubber on the right post at inlane/outlane location, causes the ball the get stuck in the outlane. It's fine on the left side though.

I have not had that happen. In fact, there is still plenty of clearance and it should never happen on my game. Maybe there is some variation in the width of the outlines. Can you post a photo?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Bugs.
I am running latest code 1.1.0.0. The bonus still is not being added to the scores. I cannot add service credits. And the super value aka bonus credit setting is still not working.
these were present in 1.0.7.6. i went from 1.0.7.3 to 1.0.7.6 and that's when they were introduced to my machine.
A couple weeks ago during league there was a group of 4 players playing. on ball 2 player 4 hit various skill shots and none of them registered. Even hitting any switch did not take the game out of the skill shot scenario. This happened to the next player as well. When it was player 2 on the ball 3 plunge, it showed the start mode scene as it should have since he didn't access a mode yet, but after the monster battle intro he was not in a mode. Previously player 3 on ball 2 mentioned he entered a battle and it showed the monster intro sequence twice, not sure if it's related, but the player after that is when the issue started. I power cycled the game and it seemed to resolve the issue.(this is a 3 ball set game.)

We found this same bug last weekend in competition mode, extra balls off, Frank lock "disabled" to stop ball stealing. Skill shots stayed lit and did not register.Power cycle fixed it, and otherwise the game held up to 4 days of competition perfectly.

#4077 4 years ago

I ordered the figure from Sideshow about two months ago. It took a long time but finally arrived yesterday. Very happy with the way it turned out as I’m not crazy for the brain-o topper.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

I got something from sideshow that it was delayed. When did you get it?
Magicchiz

#4078 4 years ago

Finally got my stream uploaded and approved by YT. First 30 minutes on ACNC. Hard to get music licenced for broadcast.

#4079 4 years ago

Had another weird bug today during league. 4 player game. Player 1 ball 1 noticed the left orbit was not lit for skill shot. Left orbit lights appeared to be out the whole game. The monster mode select lights also were not working. I went into werewolf and it was just super weird. The save lights weren't working properly either. I started a crypt multi ball and drained 1 of the 2 balls right away. The mode ended even though ball save was still flashing for a few seconds after. Power cycling seemed to fix the lighting issues.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Had another weird bug today during league. 4 player game. Player 1 ball 1 noticed the left orbit was not lit for skill shot. Left orbit lights appeared to be out the whole game. The monster mode select lights also were not working. I went into werewolf and it was just super weird. The save lights weren't working properly either. I started a crypt multi ball and drained 1 of the 2 balls right away. The mode ended even though ball save was still flashing for a few seconds after. Power cycling seemed to fix the lighting issues.

This is a possible condition with the RGB LED boards - they will lose 'sync' or lock up, and will stop responding to commands. Unfortunately, the only way to reset them is to power-cycle the game. Have had that happen a couple times to me, with the same board.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

I have had two issues since installing 1.1. Sometimes when starting crypt multiball in a monster mode causes the coil power to die like a tilt and you lose your ball. And when you start a new game but the previous game had ended with a ball in lab lock one, which drains out perfectly fine at games end. It’ll say ball missing and shoot one out on the playfield and drain it when you start the next game.Then you can press start and it’s fine. Both issues only started happening with the new code.

To add to this: I've experienced this and the issue above. - Also noticed that occasionally (usually 4 player or coop it seems,) that the skill shot will not register when you hit the Danesi lock and. Ball is already locked and ready for Crypt Multiball.

The multiball starts but the hidden passage doesnt light and one or two times it lit the hidden passage for the following player after ball drain even though they didnt hit the skill shot.

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have not had that happen. In fact, there is still plenty of clearance and it should never happen on my game. Maybe there is some variation in the width of the outlines. Can you post a photo?

I'm sorry, I mean a 5/8" O.D. (3/16" ID). I used 7/16" OD instead. But the 5/8" O.D works on the left side with a 7/16" OD above and below it to hold it in place snug. Just an experiment. I know it's silly.

#4083 4 years ago

Hello,
I'm in, pin n° 215, here in France. Thanks Spooky for that ! ! !

I like Alice Cooper, I like Pinball, I like Alice Cooper Pinball

I've got a small problem today, just after the installation of the last code.
something to do with that I don't really know.

Magna save between the flipper, catch the ball but don't throw it any more on the playfield.
The ball fall in the outhole and shaker goes on.

Is there anything for that in the settings? How to solve this problem?

Thanks so much for your help ^^

http://www.pinballowners.com/lorenz38

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

Hello,
I'm in, pin n° 215, here in France. Thanks Spooky for that ! ! !
I like Alice Cooper, I like Pinball, I like Alice Cooper Pinball
I've got a small problem today, just after the installation of the last code.
something to do with that I don't really know.
Magna save between the flipper, catch the ball but don't throw it any more on the playfield.
The ball fall in the outhole and shaker goes on.
Thanks so much for your help ^^
http://www.pinballowners.com/lorenz38

What pattern are you using?
Is it bare magnet or with disc mod?
Magicchiz

#4085 4 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

There is a setting in the menu for "Magnet Pattern". Change it to a different pattern and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't, try a different pattern. I think there are 3 or 4 different patterns to choose from.

#4086 4 years ago

Pattern 2 is the only one that works on my game. It was like magic when I changed the setting to this one. Good advice to try different patterns. I really like this feature.

#4087 4 years ago

Thanks for your help friends

Everything is ok with pattern 2 (Magnet) and last code !
The coil of the upper flip works fine. I put it from 13 to 17 (in setting)

I have kept others settings as factory ones. I 'm open to good advices ^^

#4088 4 years ago

Okay, two things -
First, after a ball search releases balls from Frank and Crypt, why is there a need to re-lock them? i.e. Why do I suddenly have to lock ball 1 again? We have an autolauncher in this game - can't the game know that, "Hey, they already locked one - even though the ball is missing and in the trough, they only need to lock ball 2!
Second, trying to restart a game while in the middle of a game is.. wow, confusing. TO both me AND the game. I did it just now, and somehow made the game think there was an extra ball or something - if I had any less than two balls on the field, it would do the EOB bonus and move on. This is AFTER holding the start button to start a new game, having it.. terminate my game and NOT start a new one, requiring me to his start again.

#4089 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay, two things -
First, after a ball search releases balls from Frank and Crypt, why is there a need to re-lock them? i.e. Why do I suddenly have to lock ball 1 again? We have an autolauncher in this game - can't the game know that, "Hey, they already locked one - even though the
ball is missing and in the trough, they only need to lock ball 2!
Second, trying to restart a game while in the middle of a game is.. wow, confusing. TO both me AND the game. I did it just now, and somehow made the game think there was an extra ball or something - if I had any less than two balls on the field, it would do the EOB bonus and move on. This is AFTER holding the start button to start a new game, having it.. terminate my game and NOT start a new one, requiring me to his start again.

I’ve noticed that about locked balls too...

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve noticed that about locked balls too...

Same here. It seems like the game is losing track of balls after ball search releases balls.

#4091 4 years ago

Still some stuff to be worked out in the code but loving the new update!

Anyone have any tips for getting the spinner to rest more vertically? Ball goes under spinner or rejects sometimes. I've messed with the wires a little without much luck but didnt want to be too aggressive and make it worse

20200227_104534 (resized).jpg20200227_104534 (resized).jpg
#4092 4 years ago

Drop some super lube or machine oil at the two contact points. Just a tiny little bit goes a long way.

#4093 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Still some stuff to be worked out in the code but loving the new update!
Anyone have any tips for getting the spinner to rest more vertically? Ball goes under spinner or rejects sometimes. I've messed with the wires a little without much luck but didnt want to be too aggressive and make it worse[quoted image]

In general to adjust spinners you have to push them forward or backward until it rests how you would like.

#4094 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed the leds all flickering sometimes with the new update? Eg whenever I start a mode, all the lights come on but strobing slowly for a second, then even out. Also noticed it on the GI around frank one time when locking a ball.

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Has anyone noticed the leds all flickering sometimes with the new update? Eg whenever I start a mode, all the lights come on but strobing slowly for a second, then even out. Also noticed it on the GI around frank one time when locking a ball.

Cannot say I ever noticed it, but ran over played a game.. On mode start the lights do stobe but pretty quickly for a second or so..

#4096 4 years ago

How many times must you zap Frank to officially defeat him? I've done both ramps a bunch of times and then zapped him with the center target a bunch but not getting the official kill. How do you kill him and how does the scoring work?

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

How many times must you zap Frank to officially defeat him? I've done both ramps a bunch of times and then zapped him with the center target a bunch but not getting the official kill. How do you kill him and how does the scoring work?

It's takes three ramps but if you make it up halfway on a ramp it will count also.

#4098 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

I think you defeat him by getting a super on the guillotine ramp after 3 main ramps

#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think you defeat him by getting a super on the guillotine ramp after 3 main ramps

Yup.

Gotta shoot 3 ramps and then hit the guillotine

#4100 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Yup.
Gotta shoot 3 ramps and then hit the guillotine

Awesome. Thanks.

Maybe Spooky should put some instructions on the screen with indicators on how many more to go like other monster for him and Cold Ethyl?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/82?hl=superhawk2300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.