(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 161.
#4001 4 years ago

Updated the new code and its definitely worth it. Foolish of me to imply sticking with the old one.

Im looking forward to further development and my rick and morty coming this summer!

#4002 4 years ago

Since I installed the new code and solved the magnetized ball problem and replaced the Perfect Play rubber ring at upper playfield at right ramp outlet with a standard black rubber, my ACNC has been playing flawless! I ordered the glow Titans and will try these out next.
Anyone try Superbands on lower flippers?

#4003 4 years ago

I replaced my silicone flipper rubbers with regular rubber and wow I actually have some control instead of an extreme bounce fest. I noticed all my ramp posts were loose also so just a heads up for others.

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I replaced my silicone flipper rubbers with regular rubber and wow I actually have some control instead of an extreme bounce fest. I noticed all my ramp posts were loose also so just a heads up for others.

Yes, the regular black flipper rubbers are much less bouncy for me too. I also cut down the power to lower flippers and slings as well. This has helped somewhat to keep ball from flying around so much. Pitch @ 6.9

#4005 4 years ago

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase some spare servos to have on hand. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase some spare servos to have on hand. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFK266B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

Those work (and fit).. If you choose a different servo, beware some have a slight bump out for the gears.. and will not fit in at least the guillotine without some modifications to the base..

*Note* Spooky did send me one right away as well, I was just not patient enough, so found a similar size and speced on on amazon that got here a day or two earlier..

Note 2, also this popped up for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRS249H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

So with that and other things i had, raspberry pi, small power supply, and a bit of python .. setup a little external tester for these...

#4007 4 years ago

Got 7 out of 9 monster modes started but most completed, best score to date!!!

20200218_224519_HDR (resized).jpg20200218_224519_HDR (resized).jpg
#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got 7 out of 9 monster modes started but most completed, best score to date!!![quoted image]

Nice! Beat my best by 6 million. Also had 7 of 9. WTG

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Nice! Beat my best by 6 million. Also had 7 of 9. WTG

Thanks!!! Been playing like crap lately and feels good to have a good game again.

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got 7 out of 9 monster modes started but most completed, best score to date!!![quoted image]

Tops mine of 288 million!!
But I think I got this beast dialed in now finally! So that should improve.

#4011 4 years ago

We got FilamentPrinting 's coin inserts with green LEDs and it looks amazing!

Incidentally if anyone is in the LA area and wants to play in Torrance, hit me up.

IMG_3179 (resized).jpegIMG_3179 (resized).jpeg
#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup. It just started happening to me as well.
They are planning to implement a feature into a future code update that allows us the set the coil strength for the ball trough kicker. This should solve the problem.

So we re-leveled the machine and this has not happened since. When it was happening, pin level showed it at about 5.9. Yikes. We leveled to 7.0 (since I read on here that's how SpookyCharlie preferred it?) and it happened less frequently. But everything was harder to hit, so we went down to 6.5 and it hasn't loaded two balls at all (at least 25-30 games) and it plays much better overall (still a bitch to hit the narrow lanes/ramps! but that's just ACNC).

#4013 4 years ago

Saw Alice and the Nightmare Castle tonight.

Pretty funny when the baby breaks through the Castle.

Davey Johnstone from Elton Johns band came out for Schools Out. He played with Alice in the 70s as well.

rd

03CA1B0A-0DD6-46DF-ADEB-188A40B0A9ED (resized).jpeg03CA1B0A-0DD6-46DF-ADEB-188A40B0A9ED (resized).jpegDEBD929C-E220-4380-9ABC-E90878164EE8 (resized).jpegDEBD929C-E220-4380-9ABC-E90878164EE8 (resized).jpeg
#4014 4 years ago

Thought I would mention this if start with out lane ball save lit, then start multi ball like crypt, then get a drain right away in one of the out lanes while the crypt save timer is still active, it will consume both the crypt save and your out lane save.. Not sure if this is intended or was in code before the latest..

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

We got filamentprinting 's coin inserts with green LEDs and it looks amazing!

Yes, I really like my coin inserts with green LEDs! I my have to lower my angle as well. I'm currently at 6.9.

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Thought I would mention this if start with out lane ball save lit, then start multi ball like crypt, then get a drain right away in one of the out lanes while the crypt save timer is still active, it will consume both the crypt save and your out lane save.. Not sure if this is intended or was in code before the latest..

Yeah, it was like that in v1.0.7.4 as well.

#4017 4 years ago

First off I love this game. It brutal hard but still fun. Personally, as a different kind of game designer I am picky about the "game play" design of walking through the castle to find the monsters. I think there are a lot better ways to to implement a "find the monster" system that will allow everyone to explore the castle and see all the rooms without having to be a master pinball player, without making the game a total cakewalk that is easy to beat (and subsequently get bored of).

That said, I have a lot of casual gaming friends who are never going to want to sink the time into ACNC so they can play with me. I only have space for 4 pins total. I am not going to get rid of this pin ever, as far as I can tell. I have one machine here that is borrowed so sooner or later the owner will come looking for it (or more likely I'll have to tell them to come and get it) and then I'll have an open space.

So what is a good compliment to ACNC, meaning a game that is has an easy to understand scoring systems and plays a little easier than normal, as opposed to playing harder than normal, so when my muggle friends come over we can all jam on that together?

I am a huge Batman fan. I've played Dark Knight and like it but it did not seem super-must-have. I've played a few rounds of Batman 66 and I was considering getting that one based on theme alone and simplistic seeming game play (though I don't know enough to know if that is my impression or if its true).

What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?

Thanks.

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

First off I love this game. It brutal hard but still fun. Personally, as a different kind of game designer I am picky about the "game play" design of walking through the castle to find the monsters. I think there are a lot better ways to to implement a "find the monster" system that will allow everyone to explore the castle and see all the rooms without having to be a master pinball player, without making the game a total cakewalk that is easy to beat (and subsequently get bored of).
That said, I have a lot of casual gaming friends who are never going to want to sink the time into ACNC so they can play with me. I only have space for 4 pins total. I am not going to get rid of this pin ever, as far as I can tell. I have one machine here that is borrowed so sooner or later the owner will come looking for it (or more likely I'll have to tell them to come and get it) and then I'll have an open space.
So what is a good compliment to ACNC, meaning a game that is has an easy to understand scoring systems and plays a little easier than normal, as opposed to playing harder than normal, so when my muggle friends come over we can all jam on that together?
I am a huge Batman fan. I've played Dark Knight and like it but it did not seem super-must-have. I've played a few rounds of Batman 66 and I was considering getting that one based on theme alone and simplistic seeming game play (though I don't know enough to know if that is my impression or if its true).
What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?
Thanks.

Scared Stiff... And they look good next to each other too!
ae1 (resized).jpgae1 (resized).jpg
AC and SS (resized).jpgAC and SS (resized).jpg
ae2 (resized).jpgae2 (resized).jpg

After you shoot ACNC for a while, you can hop on SS and feel like a pinball pro!

#4019 4 years ago

So what is a good compliment to ACNC, meaning a game that is has an easy to understand scoring systems and plays a little easier than normal, as opposed to playing harder than normal?
Thanks.

Or Monster Bash (I'd get an SE). This is simple enough and fun.

#4020 4 years ago

Can somebody explain how the multipliers work? Both during the game and for bonus? Thanks guys!!

#4021 4 years ago

... What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?
Thanks.

As a former owner (and still a fan), I'd second Scared Stiff. Might want to consider the new Elvira House of Horrors too. It's a deeper game, but the shots are pretty straight forward.

You'd likely love Batman 66, but I don't consider it an easy game as I pretty much suck at mine.

#4022 4 years ago

Thanks.

My Deadpool LE gets the most play when friends are over. It’s fun to shoot, pretty straightforward, and it’s goofy as hell. I find myself starting a game of DP often after 3 or 4 games of ACNC as a nice palette cleanser.

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,

Didn't spooky send you a bunch of spares in all those parts u had sent out?!

#4024 4 years ago

We picked up a roadshow a couple weeks ago. It’s kinda like playing putt putt after hacking in the rough all day, you suddenly feel like a pro!

#4025 4 years ago

Thanks.

Munsters?

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Didn't spooky send you a bunch of spares in all those parts u had sent out?!

Spooky did but I want to have some additional extras on hand. They are temperamental to say the least!

#4027 4 years ago

So my ACNC is giving me phantom guillotine hits. It’s usually when I hit the right flipper. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So my ACNC is giving me phantom guillotine hits. It’s usually when I hit the right flipper. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

That is an opto switch, anything maybe hanging loose in fron of the receiver, eg. on mine there is a bit of foam that may act as a light shield or sorts maybe ? is the foam loose or missing on the ramp perhaps ?

#4029 4 years ago

This is what happens when you blow off work a little bit to get a game in

Only real bad part is that when it happened it made a nice arc right into the clear, and chipped the paint where it is supposed to stick into the playfield..

20200221_130358 (resized).jpg20200221_130358 (resized).jpg
#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Only real bad part is that when it happened it made a nice arc right into the clear, and chipped the paint where it is supposed to stick into the playfield..[quoted image]

Think of it as war wounds. Does a rock star want their guitar to stay shiny and pristine? HELL NO. Battle scars!!!!

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That is an opto switch, anything maybe hanging loose in fron of the receiver, eg. on mine there is a bit of foam that may act as a light shield or sorts maybe ? is the foam loose or missing on the ramp perhaps ?

No nothing hanging and the piece of foam is there.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Only real bad part is that when it happened it made a nice arc right into the clear, and chipped the paint where it is supposed to stick into the playfield..

Mine came loose too. I was intending to superglue it back in place but it plays fine without it so I've left it off for now.

#4033 4 years ago

NUMBER 202 IN THE HOUSE!

IMG_3357 (resized).JPGIMG_3357 (resized).JPGIMG_3359 (resized).JPGIMG_3359 (resized).JPGIMG_3360 (resized).JPGIMG_3360 (resized).JPG
#4034 4 years ago

I had this for a while, the lead from the opto on the right hand side was being a little strangled by the ramp plastic. Make sure the lead’s free and, if it’s still happening, reseat it in the connector in the opto board underneath.

#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

NUMBER 202 IN THE HOUSE![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great!

#4036 4 years ago

Updated to the recent code and finally got a chance to put a little time on it. Awesome job by FawzmaGames with of great improvements. I was running on .7 and was not noticing reset issue but glad the memory leak has been fixed for everyone.

Lots of nice little things noticed some added combo callouts, game doesnt seem to lose balls during search anymore, ball save for multiball has been improved.

One repeatable bug I noticed with Ethel and it may have already been addressed. When you have hit an orbit to a room and have Ethel locked in. If you start a crypt multi ball it will change monsters. Does not matter if you lock the crypt ball before or after room travel.

Also with a ball in the left Frank lock the upper drop target used to drop when you shot the upper playfield from the left ramp. This no longer happens so alot of the shots hit the back of the target an go to the subway or left flipper return.

Looking forward to what's in store for future updates

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I had this for a while, the lead from the opto on the right hand side was being a little strangled by the ramp plastic. Make sure the lead’s free and, if it’s still happening, reseat it in the connector in the opto board underneath.

Any chance you can send me pictures of the exact wires I would be looking for? Thanks so much for the help!!

#4038 4 years ago

Any chance you can send me pictures of the exact wires I would be looking for? Thanks so much for the help!!

Sure, it won't be until Monday though, I'm afraid - I'm away.

#4039 4 years ago

Is the wizard mode in the latest code?

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is the wizard mode in the latest code?

I know it's there, but I don't know if it's finished. I never made it that far yet! LOL.

#4041 4 years ago

Every mystery shot I've gotten since getting ACNC is start monster. Is this normal or can I change a setting so it's actually random?

#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Every mystery shot I've gotten since getting ACNC is start monster. Is this normal or can I change a setting so it's actually random?

There is no random right now. First mystery per game is start monster, then it changes to other awards in sequence

#4043 4 years ago

Does Titan have a kit for Alice?

I’ve decided I need to get the factory bands out of there. They introduce so much floaty side to side, starting to drive me nuts.

For those of you that have changed to Titans, tell how you perceive the change in game play?

#4044 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve decided I need to get the factory bands out of there. They introduce so much floaty side to side, starting to drive me nuts.
For those of you that have changed to Titans, tell how you perceive the change in game play?

I only switched the flipper rubbers and dialled their power down a bit, along with the slings. It changed everything for the better (and I was in love before).

#4045 4 years ago

Thanks Chris! You made it very easy for me to give you my money.

I'm going to make you my new NIB guy if that's OK.

#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I just received my kit, but haven't installed yet. I did try normal black rubber on the lower flippers and it helped.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5735

#4047 4 years ago

I noticed that the Titan rubber kit for Alice has cone shaped post sleeves?
Which way are these supposed to go on?
And why are they cone shaped?

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There is no random right now. First mystery per game is start monster, then it changes to other awards in sequence

Ah makes sense. Thanks!

#4049 4 years ago

So, after playing it for a week or so:
1. I like the new in-game info. The apron no longer lies!
2. The 50-cent pricing is fixed. Thank you.
3. The coil test is.. worse? Am I the only one that cannot fire a coil in Coil Test?
3a. Why is the service menu still labeled "Terminal"? Okay, it made sense in TNA, based on the theme. But Alice? No.
4. We can no longer set the game's date and time?
5. I miss the old boot-up screen.
6. Not a fan of the inlanes cancelling the skill shot.
7. Other bugfixes are nice to see, really.

#4050 4 years ago

Bug alert!!
I noticed twice now that the ware wolf mode does not light the red inserts the first time around. They do light after that, but not the first time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/81?hl=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.