(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 160.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hey, when you hang around pinball for 30 years you pick up a few things.
I remember back 10 years ago ... this famous A List NZ celebrity came to my place to buy a pinball machine. 8 year old Danni played him on Star Wars Episode 1 and destroyed him and his buddy - and he got really pissed off. Hahahaha. What a dick.
rd

Pretty sure Danni would kick most of our asses

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Pretty sure Danni would kick most of our asses

Yup, he's created a monster!! I've seen their vacation threads!! She sure plays a mean pinballll!

#3953 4 years ago

NO DOUBT!

We loved hosting RotoDave and Danni a few years ago on one of their tours. Awesome people generally and excellent at pinball.

#3954 4 years ago

Just wanted to give Pinnovators a big thumbs up. Got their new Spooky kit for ACNC and it works beautifully!

Took me about 40 minutes to install with taking my time and was easy to do. Now I have volume control on the door, headphone capabilities, and can mute the cabinet speakers with the flick of a switch. They also have a sub out feature but I didn't need that.

Anyway, they installed it to my powdercoated bill slot cover for no extra charge, otherwise they would have sent me a black cover as part of the kit.

Just wanted to give them a thumbs up review because now I can play ACNC while my daughters are studying and while my wife is playing Scared Stiff or WOZ. Before, I would get yelled at because.ACNC was "too loud" even while at 1... lol

20200213_102130 (resized).jpg20200213_102130 (resized).jpg20200213_114849 (resized).jpg20200213_114849 (resized).jpg20200213_114906 (resized).jpg20200213_114906 (resized).jpg
#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just wanted to give Pinnovators a big thumbs up. Got their new Spooky kit for ACNC and it works beautifully!
Took me about 40 minutes to install with taking my time and was easy to do. Now I have volume control on the door, headphone capabilities, and can mute the cabinet speakers with the flick of a switch. They also have a sub out feature but I didn't need that.
Anyway, they installed it to my powdercoated bill slot cover for no extra charge, otherwise they would have sent me a black cover as part of the kit.
Just wanted to give them a thumbs up review because now I can play ACNC while my daughters are studying and while my wife is playing Scared Stiff or WOZ. Before, I would get yelled at because.ACNC was "too loud" even while at 1... lol[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks great. i would love to see a female usb port included for updating games too if possible.

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just wanted to give them a thumbs up review because now I can play ACNC while my daughters are studying and while my wife is playing Scared Stiff or WOZ. Before, I would get yelled at because.ACNC was "too loud" even while at 1... lol[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you order it? It says on their website "coming Feb 2020".

#3957 4 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen.....IM OFFICIALLY IN THE CLUB!!!! Arrived around 4:30 today and number 391 is set up and ready to rock and roll! New code has been installed and as you can tell from the pictures, all looks amazing and even the screw on the lock is in place!! Big thank you to Joe PinballSTAR for working with me and getting this here safely!! And lastly, huge shoutout to everybody at Spooky!! SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke SpookyKT FawzmaGames I cannot wait to dive into this game!!
4162F6B5-8E59-40D3-993F-B8E9C4D66445 (resized).jpeg4162F6B5-8E59-40D3-993F-B8E9C4D66445 (resized).jpegB03BBAFE-C419-41FA-9233-EB466C3D32B1 (resized).jpegB03BBAFE-C419-41FA-9233-EB466C3D32B1 (resized).jpeg7A29168B-E234-4D26-ACBC-790E64B4540F (resized).jpeg7A29168B-E234-4D26-ACBC-790E64B4540F (resized).jpegCEEC7072-9ACB-4488-9C3E-B9A0EF302670 (resized).jpegCEEC7072-9ACB-4488-9C3E-B9A0EF302670 (resized).jpegD2677F62-05B9-4648-9600-40A8BC759A80 (resized).jpegD2677F62-05B9-4648-9600-40A8BC759A80 (resized).jpeg379A9ABA-8183-4051-B19A-27602D767006 (resized).jpeg379A9ABA-8183-4051-B19A-27602D767006 (resized).jpeg5F553D46-9487-4043-99A1-A0C05325BEC9 (resized).jpeg5F553D46-9487-4043-99A1-A0C05325BEC9 (resized).jpeg

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was on their waiting list and Sandra contacted me for an early purchase so I could field test the install and usage for them. All went great (installs the exact same as TNA) and they hope to have them up on the site this weekend. She gave me the go-ahead to post the photos and said they are ready.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

That color makes for a purdy coin door. I'm afraid I have coin door envy and never cared a whit about it before

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Ladies and Gentlemen.....IM OFFICIALLY IN THE CLUB!!!! Arrived around 4:30 today and number 391 is set up and ready to rock and roll! New code has been installed and as you can tell from the pictures, all looks amazing and even the screw on the lock is in place!! Big thank you to Joe pinballstar for working with me and getting this here safely!! And lastly, huge shoutout to everybody at Spooky!! spookycharlie spookyluke spookykt fawzmagames I cannot wait to dive into this game!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SERIAL BUDDIES!

And your coin door latch is complete. Whew!

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

NO DOUBT!
We loved hosting RotoDave and Danni a few years ago on one of their tours. Awesome people generally and excellent at pinball.

You’re a good dude- but one day I’m coming over to take that GC!

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Haha it’s loud or it’s off, no doubt. I would imagine this game is killer with a nice set of headphones with the nice amp they have inside.

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Any advice on how to resolve the issue of ball bouncing back down right ramp after a really solid shot up there? I don't see any way to adjust the gate at upper playfield to stop this from happening. It only happens with a powerful fast shot. It's like the gate can't shut fast enough??

Quoted from 27dnast:

Take out the pinball life silicon band and replace with black rubber. Less bounce.

OK, I didn't have a regular black rubber ring of the correct size (1.5" ID), so I used a regular black flipper rubber up there and it has been working great! No bounce back down right ramp!
Thanks!!!

#3964 4 years ago

My Cooper did something strange today on the new code. Was playing a monster mode when flipper power died and it drained my ball as if I had tilted although I hadn’t. Anyone else have this happen?

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

My Cooper did something strange today on the new code. Was playing a monster mode when flipper power died and it drained my ball as if I had tilted although I hadn’t. Anyone else have this happen?

I've only had the flipper loose power for a second when it's energized and a ball hits it really hard. But this is very rare. I heard this is a P3-ROC thing. But I don't know?

#3966 4 years ago

Had what you mentioned happen on the upper flipper before. But this killed all coils as the ball hit slings on the way out but didn’t kick either. Just like it tilted. Weird.

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Are you sure the ball save timer didn't run out? How long before you hit the right orbit did it take? Please repeat the steps and report back.
I went with 6 because it fit SPOOKY, but why 10 when you can go to 11

I had some time today to check this out and I wasn't able to repeat it. I'm hosting our league tonight and I'll report here if I notice anything odd.

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

This happened to a guy somewhere in the last 2-4 pages of this thread. I'm not sure if he figured it out or not.

#3969 4 years ago

In the club as of this afternoon. Very happy.

#3970 4 years ago

Typical excellent stream of ACNC yesterday by the master of wizard modes - Karl DeAngelo (@troz)!

http://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/552169937?sr=a&t=11s

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Quoted from Calfdemon:

We finally got them posted for sale on our website just a short time ago! Only the ones compatible with Spooky Pinball are posted for sale at this time. Retail is $180. Yes, they are more expensive than our other kits but it was necessary due to a more complicated design and build time.

@calfdemon was our beta tester for ACNC! Thank you @calfdemon! See his post for pictures. The only difference will be that he has a custom color coin door. Our standard kit is black. If you have a custom door no worries, we can take care of you at no extra charge!

Here is the link https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/spooky-pinball

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you.

~Sandra

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from SGSA:

We finally got them posted for sale on our website just a short time ago! Only the ones compatible with Spooky Pinball are posted for sale at this time. Retail is $180. Yes, they are more expensive than our other kits but it was necessary due to a more complicated design and build time.
@calfdemon was our beta tester for ACNC! Thank you @calfdemon! See his post for pictures. The only difference will be that he has a custom color coin door. Our standard kit is black. If you have a custom door no worries, we can take care of you at no extra charge!
Here is the link https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/spooky-pinball
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Thank you.
~Sandra

I love Pinnovators' products and have added them to all my newer games when possible.

Great to see now available for ACNC too!

UPDATE: Dang! Just realized that my ACNC didn't come with the right kind of door (Type "H") to accommodate the audio controls panel.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I had some time today to check this out and I wasn't able to repeat it. I'm hosting our league tonight and I'll report here if I notice anything odd.

During league play, we had a four player group playing on ACNC. The first player had a ball get stuck by the upper flipper/flasher cover. The game kicked out another ball and play continued. When the ball in play drained, it did not go to the end of ball sequence. I took off the glass and got the stuck ball out and let it drain. It kicked it back into the shooter lane and we let it drain again and then it went through the end of ball sequence.

For subsequent players, we kept having issues with ball count during multi-balls. A ball would drain during multiball with the ball save lit, but it wouldn't kick another ball into the shooter lane. We would manually kick out a second ball to continue play. This was happening for both Frankenstein and Crypt multiball. For one player during a Frankenstein multiball, he drained one of the balls and ball save was not lit, but it stayed in the Frankenstein mode. We didn't think it would be fair to let the player continue in a multiball mode with only one ball in play, so we ended up taking the game out for the remainder of league.

It seems there is an issue with ball count when a ball get stuck or the game goes into a ball search mode. After league, we turned it back on to play for fun and didn't have any issues.

#3974 4 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle.html

And they look cool!!

ACNC%20Stucky%20Ball%20Tree (resized).jpgACNC%20Stucky%20Ball%20Tree (resized).jpg20200211_085021 (resized).jpg20200211_085021 (resized).jpg
#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Had what you mentioned happen on the upper flipper before. But this killed all coils as the ball hit slings on the way out but didn’t kick either. Just like it tilted. Weird.

Have you ever gotten to wizard mode? When you lose to Alice in Billion Dollar Babies it purposefully kills all flipper action and makes the ball drain. I wonder if its code related

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

During league play, we had a four player group playing on ACNC. The first player had a ball get stuck by the upper flipper/flasher cover. The game kicked out another ball and play continued. When the ball in play drained, it did not go to the end of ball sequence. I took off the glass and got the stuck ball out and let it drain. It kicked it back into the shooter lane and we let it drain again and then it went through the end of ball sequence.
For subsequent players, we kept having issues with ball count during multi-balls. A ball would drain during multiball with the ball save lit, but it wouldn't kick another ball into the shooter lane. We would manually kick out a second ball to continue play. This was happening for both Frankenstein and Crypt multiball. For one player during a Frankenstein multiball, he drained one of the balls and ball save was not lit, but it stayed in the Frankenstein mode. We didn't think it would be fair to let the player continue in a multiball mode with only one ball in play, so we ended up taking the game out for the remainder of league.
It seems there is an issue with ball count when a ball get stuck or the game goes into a ball search mode. After league, we turned it back on to play for fun and didn't have any issues.

I've experiences this when Frankenstein lock does t register. If you pull the ball or let the machine dump it after search it messes up the coop mode ball count and ball reset.

I play a lot of coop with friends and this issue happened last code as well. It seems to only happen when a ball is lost and the machine feeds a new one.

I adjusted my frank lock and havemt had the issue since.

#3977 4 years ago

I have this too but only got one for the lower by the Skull mountain. Ive never had a ball stuck up top there. Might have to get another for that spot.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Typical excellent stream of ACNC yesterday by the master of wizard modes - Karl DeAngelo (troz)!
http://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/552169937?sr=a&t=11s

None of the audio is working on these vids. Are the copy right robots muting the sound?

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have this too but only got one for the lower by the Skull mountain. Ive never had a ball stuck up top there. Might have to get another for that spot.

I've only had it happen once. Funny thing is I bought the other one for skull mountain previously and never had a ball get stuck there previously. This upper one is new. I don't have it yet either.

#3980 4 years ago

Hey FawzmaGames , any chance we get a Co-Op leaderboard out on the game? Even if it’s just high scores, would be awesome to keep track of our best scores during co-op games!! Also, having issues with my ball save magnet. Seems to work about 50% of the time when on pattern 2. Not sure if that’s a code bug or what but love when it actually works and launches the ball back into play!!

#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Also, having issues with my ball save magnet. Seems to work about 50% of the time when on pattern 2. Not sure if that’s a code bug or what but love when it actually works and launches the ball back into play!!

Get the plastic disk from Pinball Life if you didn't already. It helped mine a lot.

https://www.pinballlife.com/acnc-magnet-core-plastic

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've only had it happen once. Funny thing is I bought the other one for skull mountain previously and never had a ball get stuck there. This upper one is new. I don't have it yet either.

I saw the trees while placing an order on Pinball Life and thought "I don't need that, never had a ball get stuck there". Finished my order and got a ball stuck down there the very next day... lol. Next time I need to place an order from PL for somerhing, Ill get a second tree.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Have you ever gotten to wizard mode? When you lose to Alice in Billion Dollar Babies it purposefully kills all flipper action and makes the ball drain. I wonder if its code related

AFAIK, this is supposed to happen.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

AFAIK, this is supposed to happen.

Agreed. In wizard mode it is. However with the wizard mode while in coop mode. I started wizard mode by hitif Danesi lock. However Danesi lock had a ball and it activated ghost multiball. The machine acted like it wasnt sure whether to start ghost multiball or wizard mode. It released the second ball, killed all flippers (like end of wizard mode loss,) and then shot another ball, giving back flipper power for one second and then having them go away as you watched the ball drain and listening to wizard mode intro.

Maybe it happened outside of wizard mode

20191101_180237 (resized).jpg20191101_180237 (resized).jpg
#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

None of the audio is working on these vids. Are the copy right robots muting the sound?

I just rechecked Karl DeAngelo's (IE Pinball) ACNC streams on Twitch and it appears a couple of portions (where progress bar at bottom is shaded red) of the more recent stream have been muted due to copyright concerns, but the majority of it has audio. The stream done two days earlier isn't muted at all for me.

Here are the two links for anyone interested in checking them out:

2/14/20 ACNC stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/552169937

2/12/20 ACNC stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/551170154

#3986 4 years ago

We have had some trouble with muted audio as well, but I was able to get most of it through on our streams.

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

We have had some trouble with muted audio as well, but I was able to get most of it through on our streams.

Thanks for your streams - I've enjoyed them as well. It's cool to see how much fun you two obviously find ACNC is to play!

#3988 4 years ago

I emailed last Wednesday, but never got a response from Spooky service so figured I'd just ask here.

My plastic protector has come loose and I havent found anything in the cab of a missing part. Does anyone know what I'm missing here? Is it just a screw coming through the bottom of the plastic like the top has?

20200212_230955 (resized).jpg20200212_230955 (resized).jpg
#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I emailed last Wednesday, but never got a response from Spooky service so figured I'd just ask here.
My plastic protector has come loose and I havent found anything in the cab of a missing part. Does anyone know what I'm missing here? Is it just a screw coming through the bottom of the plastic like the top has?[quoted image]

Cannot tell what is loose from your picture, but here is a profile look of mine, if it helps..

20200217_131141 (resized).jpg20200217_131141 (resized).jpg
#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Cannot tell what is loose from your picture, but here is a profile look of mine, if it helps..[quoted image]

It's the clear plastic protector with the 3 screws near the side in between the return rail and mountain. The bottom post has come loose (you can see the hole for it in my picture at the base of the long-neck monster's neck.)

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

It's the clear plastic protector with the 3 screws near the side in between the return rail and mountain. The bottom post has come loose (you can see the hole for it in my picture at the base of the long-neck monster's neck.)

Ahh, on mine there is a spacer the same height/size as the one from the top level plastic to the middle, aligns with the hole in the printed plastic, and screwed in from the bottom.. That pic shows from about under the bottom plastic..

20200217_132449 (resized).jpg20200217_132449 (resized).jpg
#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Ahh, on mine there is a spacer the same height/size as the one from the top level plastic to the middle, aligns with the hole in the printed plastic, and screwed in from the bottom.. That pic shows from about under the bottom plastic..[quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks @zukram!! Looks like I just need another post screw for the bottom part.

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Awesome! Thanks zukram!! Looks like I just need another post screw for the bottom part.

Sorry about that. Looks the email was stuck in my outbox.

Yes. You are missing the screw that goes underneath the plastic.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Awesome! Thanks zukram!! Looks like I just need another post screw for the bottom part.

Then, you will find the missing screw 6 months from now, and then search all over from where it came!

#3995 4 years ago

I joined the club today.

6B301B5E-EB33-41BC-8242-57E1366352A9 (resized).jpeg6B301B5E-EB33-41BC-8242-57E1366352A9 (resized).jpeg7CB79470-8D45-4D10-B7BA-EEE833E10C6D (resized).jpeg7CB79470-8D45-4D10-B7BA-EEE833E10C6D (resized).jpeg
#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I joined the club today.[quoted image][quoted image]

You still have that cool looking basement gameroom too?

ACNC is a natural fit for that environment!

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I joined the club today.

Congratulations!

Love the kid being there.

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You still have that cool looking basement gameroom too?
ACNC is a natural fit for that environment!

I do. It's full, so another room got taken over by pins. You're right AC would be a perfect for the basement.

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I joined the club today.[quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to drop by sometime to play the only other ACNC in Columbia!

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Would love to drop by sometime to play the only other ACNC in Columbia!

That'd be great. Come by anytime!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/80?hl=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.