(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 160.
#3901 4 years ago

A bug I just had on the latest software: on ball 4 and 5 the skillshot screen wouldn't go away.
I made several shots, even locked a ball in the crypt, but skilkshot screen was shown all the time..

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Did anyone have an answer to this? Maybe I'm imagining it but when set to Spooky it doesn't seem to catch the ball half as much as Normal setting.

Yes, in my game when set to 'Spooky', the ball seems to be randomly let go during the Monster Intro. Somertimes right at the start, sometimes not until after, and usually during the middle. I kinda like it, since it keeps me on my toes.

#3903 4 years ago

Been looking for one of these and saw one went for 4700. Talked to the original owner and he trashed the game. He just wanted it gone but didnt give any details. Is there some quality issues or something? The times I have played it I like it.

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

A bug I just had on the latest software: on ball 4 and 5 the skillshot screen wouldn't go away.
I made several shots, even locked a ball in the crypt, but skilkshot screen was shown all the time..

i'll look at it. never even thought about testing on 4/5 ball.

#3905 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Been looking for one of these and saw one went for 4700. Talked to the original owner and he trashed the game. He just wanted it gone but didnt give any details. Is there some quality issues or something? The times I have played it I like it.

The software did have issues with games resetting but that seems to have been resolved with the latest update that just came out . Other than that Games might need switch adjustments, for example the frank lock switch needs to be adjusted correctly to register . If that switch doesn’t register the game doesn’t know the ball is locked and that can be annoying ( but it is a very quick and easy adjustment ) . Game setting adjustments might need to be made in the settings also flipper strength, magnet save pattern , etc. Take a little time to set the game up properly and it is an awesome game .

#3906 4 years ago

Although I've technically been in the club for a while now, FINALLY got my ACNC unboxed and set up last night. My game is initially playing meaner than the one I've been enjoying on route in my favorite pinball bar, but I'm digging it even more in the home environment - such a cool game!

In the course of performing an overall inspection of the playfield underside, I noticed the yellow/orange/brown cable (shown in the pic below) unconnected in the bottom right area of the raised playfield. Not seeing anywhere for this to connect to offhand.

Would greatly appreciate another ACNC owner enlightening me as to this. Thanks in advance!

2020-02-08 ACNC unconnected cable 1 (resized).JPG2020-02-08 ACNC unconnected cable 1 (resized).JPG

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Although I've technically been in the club for a while now, FINALLY got my ACNC unboxed and set up last night. My game is initially playing meaner than the one I've been enjoying on route in my favorite pinball bar, but I'm digging it even more in the home environment - such a cool game!
In the course of performing an overall inspection with of the playfield underside, I noticed the yellow/orange/brown cable (shown in the pic below) unconnected in the bottom right area of the raised playfield. Not seeing anywhere for this to connect to offhand.
Would greatly appreciate another ACNC owner enlightening me as to this. Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Kinda looks like the the connector for the guillotine... Might find a male connector labeled guillotine... Would coming from the backbox, likely laying down in the cabinet near the speaker.. I have mine disassembled atm, and it is the same color wires, almost certain came through that hole you have pictured as well..

#3908 4 years ago

Looks like wiring for a servo , is your guillotine working ? You can test in the menu

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

No quality issues - game is fantastic and only getting better. Once Fawsy gets all the bugs squashed this ACNC will be a masterpiece. Top 35 game on Pinside, should be closer to the top. Only know of one other mid-tn ACNC owner aside from myself, you should definitely join the club! That guy selling at 4700 is insane. In a home environment this is a forever game.

#3910 4 years ago

If it’s the wire for guillotine servo the other end that it connects to will be down in the cabinet somewhere. The connection goes from that point to the back box .

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Did he trash it just talk-wise, or literally wreck it physically.. I've played this game a few places and it has always played great.. Like any pinball machine there is some level of tweaking needed once you open it up, and Spooky is awesome in supporting you if you need. Maybe this person just was expecting perfection .. For 4700 I'd like to get a second ACNC

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Kinda looks like the the connector for the guillotine... Might find a male connector labeled guillotine... Would coming from the backbox, likely laying down in the cabinet near the speaker.. I have mine disassembled atm, and it is the same color wires, almost certain came through that hole you have pictured as well..

Quoted from trilogybeer:

If it’s the wire for guillotine servo the other end that it connects to will be down in the cabinet somewhere. The connection goes from that point to the back box .

Ding! Ding! Ding! Found an unconnected yellow/orange/black braided cable in the mass of loose wiring in the cabinet bottom rear that this connects to. Guillotine cable it is - I had not noticed yet that this wasn't operating, but it is now.

Thank you!

#3913 4 years ago

You can use heat shrink tubing to hold those connectors together . It works really well ,only a pain if you need to disconnect them you’ll have to cut the tubing off without damaging the wires .

#3914 4 years ago

So noob question. What/where is the upper magnet and what does it do and what setting are most you folks on?

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So noob question. What/where is the upper magnet and what does it do and what setting are most you folks on?

It's in the orbit/secret passage loop. It catches and holds the ball when you start a monster. (Except when starting via the Mystery Hole.)
The 'Spooky' seems to randomly release the ball at any time during the animation. The other option (can't recall name ATM) holds it until the Monster Intro is done.

#3916 4 years ago

With full knowledge that I am neck deep in the honeymoon phase (2 weeks), I’m calling it - this game is FANTASTIC! I can’t stop playing. At times it’s nothing but posts and that can be frustrating, but when you are hitting your shots Alice is pinball nirvana. Had a 395 mil game yesterday and I just stood there smiling at it in appreciation for a full minute after. AMAZING game, thanks Spooky!

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Owner was pretty foolish to let it go for that low. Memory leak issue is solved, most of the bugs worked out, code still being polished. Not an easy game so some probably get frustrated. Only one I saw for sale below $6K on Pinside was routed.

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

With full knowledge that I am neck deep in the honeymoon phase (2 weeks), I’m calling it - this game is FANTASTIC! I can’t stop playing. At times it’s nothing but posts and that can be frustrating, but when you are hitting your shots Alice is pinball nirvana. Had a 395 mil game yesterday and I just stood there smiling at it in appreciation for a full minute after. AMAZING game, thanks Spooky!

Make sure to give a good review score!

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Owner was pretty foolish to let it go for that low. Memory leak issue is solved, most of the bugs worked out, code still being polished. Not an easy game so some probably get frustrated. Only one I saw for sale below $6K on Pinside was routed.

Was not on pinside. I did see one on pinside go below $6 that was home use in KY because I wanted to buy it. I will still be on the hunt for one but.just thought it was odd he let it go for so cheap and then his comment was I just want rid of that damn thing or something like that.

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I did see one on pinside go below $6 .... it was odd he let it go for so cheap and then his comment was I just want rid of that damn thing or something like that.

Probably couldn’t hit the shots.

Lots of A Type personality men don’t like hard games. Their egos can’t take not being able to hit the shots. So the game is at fault - not them.

See also: Houdini.

See also: X Men.

It’s a fact.

The same guy will then go and buy a Scared Stiff and proclaim it as the best game ever made.

rd

#3921 4 years ago

LOL!!
Truth!

#3922 4 years ago

Since the latest update, ball saves with the magnet don't seem to work. On default settings the ball is barely pulsed up: on spooky it just releases and drains.

The game does put a ball back in play via the trough, but that's not nearly as cool.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Since the latest update, ball saves with the magnet don't seem to work. On default settings the ball is barely pulsed up: on spooky it just releases and drains.
The game does put a ball back in play via the trough, but that's not nearly as cool.

If you’re changing it to Spooky, that’s the top magnet you’re adjusting, not the ball save.

On a similar note, can anyone tell me what the magnet resistance setting does?

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I have updated to the latest code and my magnet save works perfectly. Try other patterns, or get the plastic disc.

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Since the latest update, ball saves with the magnet don't seem to work

Go into the menu and try the other Magnet Patterns.

Mine is best on pattern 2. Changes from pin to pin.

Remember the best setting, as you will want to change it every time you update the code.

The settings I changed on my machine with this new update:

- magnet pattern 2
- Upper flipper power up to 20 (from 13)
- trough kick out up to 25 (from 21)

Runs like a train!

rd

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I finally got my magnet save to work, but I had to try every combination in the settings. First I tried all patterns with the "magnet resistor" turned on. No luck. I then tried all of the patterns with "magnet resistor" turned off, and Pattern 3 has been rock solid for me. Of course when testing that was the very last combination I tried

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

can anyone tell me what the magnet resistance setting does?

My game doesn't even have the resistor. It's in settings but doesn't exist physically. Some tables have a big gold resistor under the playfield and some don't.

6b65e64ecc3b402112372de894fc2eb8b198c6ab (resized).jpg6b65e64ecc3b402112372de894fc2eb8b198c6ab (resized).jpg
#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

On a similar note, can anyone tell me what the magnet resistance setting does?

It adjusts the timing of the lower magnet. Not sure why, but.. yeah.

#3929 4 years ago

Just bought an ACNC! I'm so siked for it to get here.

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Awesome!! I know the feeling as mine will be arriving this week as well!! Congrats!!

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Quoted from WombatPinball:

Awesome!! I know the feeling as mine will be arriving this week as well!! Congrats!!

Congrats guys! Be sure to check your coin door latch!

#3932 4 years ago

I had my skill shot stuck on today until I power cycled the game.

I also encountered another issue. My sound level goes down randomly. Well it appears to be linked to the coin door because when I shake it the volume goes down. I saw one lug that was connected to the sound control and it looks like the soldering job is a little flaky. Anyone think this joint needs to be reflowed?

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I also encountered another issue. My sound level goes down randomly. Well it appears to be linked to the coin door because when I shake it the volume goes down. I saw one lug that was connected to the sound control and it looks like the soldering job is a little flaky. Anyone think this joint needs to be reflowed?

Are you running 4/5 ball games?

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Well, if shaking the door is making the game think you're pressing the " -" key, then a LOOSE wire wouldn't be the cause - but a shorted wire would. Check that there ain't any wire strands across the two terminals that could be making intermittent contact?

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Are you running 4/5 ball games?

3 ball, newest code. It doesn't happen all the time, just once out of a hand full of games.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I removed the rail (held by 5 wood screws underneath) and repositioned it right next to the launch ramp. Moved it forward just a little, so the screws would have new timber to bite into.

It looks like this will be my problem as well. A quick look underneath though and only one wood screw is accessible without removing other parts... was yours like this too?

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtDR:

It looks like this will be my problem as well. A quick look underneath though and only one wood screw is accessible without removing other parts... was yours like this too?

You need to unscrew the 3x small boards to access the other screws.

Be careful not to damage the boards.

rd

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So lets talk secret tunnel.

This started happening to me after a lot of plays on the game. The only thing in the secret passage you can adjust is the rollover switches. Turns out mine were hugging the playfield too much, so I just had to twist them to be straighter in the slots, and also bent the metal of the switches to make them stick out of the playfield less. This solved my issue - no more stuck balls in the secret passage.

#3939 4 years ago

When does joining the club become official? When you make the payment or when the game arrives?

If it's the former, then I'm official as of now. Wooo!

Thanks @kingpingames

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

When does joining the club become official? When you make the payment or when the game arrives?
If it's the former, then I'm official as of now. Wooo!
Thanks kingpingames

Thank you. should ship out tomorrow

#3941 4 years ago

Does anyone else's machine sounds like loud fans when it's on?

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Does anyone else's machine sounds like loud fans when it's on?

Yep! I suspect many of us are watching this thread with interest... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/8

#3943 4 years ago

Indeed, I think once the spooky kit is available he will get 500 orders

#3944 4 years ago

Hi all,

Spooky just recently shared these servo replacement videos with me and I felt the group might have use of them.

Guilotine Dissasemble

Guilotine Servo Replacement

Guilotine Reassemble

Guilotine Shim Video

Frankenstein Dissassemble

Frankenstein Mech Install

Frankenstein Servo

Frankenstein Reassemble

Frankenstein Switch Access

Diverter Disassemble

Diverter Reassemble

#3945 4 years ago

Ah, so it's a common thing. Glad to know I don't have a one off issue.

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi all,
Spooky just recently shared these servo replacement videos with me and I felt the group might have use of them.
Guilotine Dissasemble

Guilotine Servo Replacement

Guilotine Reassemble

Guilotine Shim Video

Frankenstein Dissassemble

Frankenstein Mech Install

Frankenstein Servo

Frankenstein Reassemble

Frankenstein Switch Access

Diverter Disassemble

Diverter Reassemble

Can someone make this a KEY post please? I feel like it'll be needed by many.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Probably couldn’t hit the shots.
Lots of A Type personality men don’t like hard games. Their egos can’t take not being able to hit the shots. So the game is at fault - not them.
See also: Houdini.
See also: X Men.
It’s a fact.
The same guy will then go and buy a Scared Stiff and proclaim it as the best game ever made.
rd

RD is absolutely correct in all aspects. I am not a fan of hard games. Sometimes I get lucky and hit a lot of shots and Alice is pretty fun for me. For the other times I have a Scared Stiff to make up for it

#3948 4 years ago

In process of adding some graveyard scenery. Blue-light gives a nice blacklight effect. Still need to soften and hide edges with vegetation and install mood lighting. All is removable.

20200208_181608 (resized).jpg20200208_181608 (resized).jpg20200208_190352 (resized).jpg20200208_190352 (resized).jpg20200208_215308 (resized).jpg20200208_215308 (resized).jpg20200208_215511 (resized).jpg20200208_215511 (resized).jpg20200208_215518 (resized).jpg20200208_215518 (resized).jpg20200208_215636 (resized).jpg20200208_215636 (resized).jpg20200208_215647 (resized).jpg20200208_215647 (resized).jpg
#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

RD is absolutely correct in all aspects

Hey, when you hang around pinball for 30 years you pick up a few things.

I remember back 10 years ago ... this famous A List NZ celebrity came to my place to buy a pinball machine. 8 year old Danni played him on Star Wars Episode 1 and destroyed him and his buddy - and he got really pissed off. Hahahaha. What a dick.

rd

#3950 4 years ago

LOL!
Awesome!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/79?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.