(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 160.
#3801 4 years ago

I have not updated code yet. Before reading a punch of posts, can anybody tell me if this update has improved the ball search?
This has happened a few times, it loses the ball and cannot find it. You have to cycle power and then everything is fine. The ball is not physically stuck anywhere at least, and for the next bunch of games it will work fine. All the electromechanical parts on the game appear to be working as far as I can tell.

I have been fearing that the wife would start complaining about the game, it didn't take long.

Last night I was upstairs watching TV. Wife went downstairs, started up a game, I just listened carefully.

After a couple minutes of play it lost the balls again.
She turned it off, came upstairs and told me she does not like the game and asked me to get rid of it.

I'm not prepared to take a loss on a 2-week old game. That's not happening. Maybe it just sits there and looks good.

Hopefully I have some time to update code and make adjustments this weekend. This sucks.

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

My prior code was 1.0.7.7 which was one of the more recent beta's, so maybe that is why mine chopped and yours didn't? I just noticed last night that it did not chop on the 2nd time through with the new code for me. Ill give it a shot again tonight if I have time, maybe I was in a mode or something...

Makes sense now, mine was 1.0.7.0 previously. Looks like chopping the 2nd time was added 1.0.7.1 - "Chop rewards are at 2/10/20/30 chops"

#3803 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I have not updated code yet. Before reading a punch of posts, can anybody tell me if this update has improved the ball search?
This has happened a few times, it loses the ball and cannot find it. You have to cycle power and then everything is fine. The ball is not physically stuck anywhere at least, and for the next bunch of games it will work fine. All the electromechanical parts on the game appear to be working as far as I can tell.
I have been fearing that the wife would start complaining about the game, it didn't take long.
Last night I was upstairs watching TV. Wife went downstairs, started up a game, I just listened carefully.
After a couple minutes of play it lost the balls again.
She turned it off, came upstairs and told me she does not like the game and asked me to get rid of it.
I'm not prepared to take a loss on a 2-week old game. That's not happening. Maybe it just sits there and looks good.
Hopefully I have some time to update code and make adjustments this weekend. This sucks.

With the new code he ball should get lost way less, but it is my understanding that it also does have improved ball search features. I would certainly install the new code if I were you.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

The video on my game has always had tearing. If anything I feel like it looks better now than before.

I agree, the video looks better to me on this new code. I always suspected that the old video files were too large for the processor to smoothly play back, so they must have made the files smaller this time around.

#3805 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

The only glitch I am encountering is at the very end of the game where Alice is speaking and is then cut off by the music (this occurs after the final bonus count). Has anyone else encountered this? Perhaps this is a setting I have incorrect in my game? Looking forward to all your thoughts on this. Thank you.

I've noticed that Alice's final callout gets cut off when the match sequence is disabled. He starts talking, then the audio just cuts out completely. I enabled the match sequence, and now he finishes speaking as the match number appears.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I've noticed that Alice's final callout gets cut off when the match sequence is disabled. He starts talking, then the audio just cuts out completely. I enabled the match sequence, and now he finishes speaking as the match number appears.

I did notice this on one call out. The "Sorry, you're dead" call out just got cut short as "Sorry", but I noticed a cut at the end. I couldn't tell if Spooky was just trying to add some variety by cutting the original clip.

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Thanks! I will try that when I get home and will let you know!

#3808 4 years ago

A few more games and confirmed..

1) My (lit) right ramp is only advancing to the next room less than 50% of the time. It worked perfectly before the update. The ball goes all the way around and the sound is triggered so it doesn't seem to be the switch.

2) During Werewolf, I can load the gun, shoot werewolf, get points, but his health bar no longer changes.

3) What is the EOB Alice Bonus? Mine starts at 13K and I can add another 13K to it but I am not sure how?

4) Mystery is often flashing on the scoop but only sometimes gives an award. This was the case before the update.

5) No guillotine action on second chop, which was the case before the update.

Added over 4 years ago:

I meant right loop (not ramp).

#3809 4 years ago

The new code 1.00 is cool. Nice polishing!!! Enjoying the game a ton!!!

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

A few more games and confirmed..
1) My (lit) right ramp is only advancing to the next room less than 50% of the time. It worked perfectly before the update. The ball goes all the way around and the sound is triggered so it doesn't seem to be the switch.
2) During Werewolf, I can load the gun, shoot werewolf, get points, but his health bar no longer changes.
3) What is the EOB Alice Bonus? Mine starts at 13K and I can add another 13K to it but I am not sure how?
4) Mystery is often flashing on the scoop but only sometimes gives an award. This was the case before the update.
5) No guillotine action on second chop, which was the case before the update.

1 - assuming you meant orbit, repeat the process with glass off.. the moment you see it happen grab the ball and put in a empty usb drive to dump logs. pm me when you have them
2 - will have to verify, i know i've seen the health go down
3 - alice bonus is just spare (pity) points.. if you got 26k its because you completed the upper lanes and increase the multiplier to 2x
4 - mystery is only available for so long after the first collection. I could add a grace period to that
5 - i'll have to verify

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

1 - assuming you meant orbit, repeat the process with glass off.. the moment you see it happen grab the ball and put in a empty usb drive to dump logs. pm me when you have them
2 - will have to verify, i know i've seen the health go down
3 - alice bonus is just spare (pity) points.. if you got 26k its because you completed the upper lanes and increase the multiplier to 2x
4 - mystery is only available for so long after the first collection. I could add a grace period to that
5 - i'll have to verify

1) Yes, I mean right orbit....sorry. I assume there is some sort of menu item in Utilities for dumping the logs? I will try in a bit and see if I can get them.
3) I had mentioned shortening the EOB sequence and the Alice Bonus seems pretty useless.
4) If no Mystery collection is available from the scoop, then it would be better if the scoop light did not flash, making it appear so

#3812 4 years ago

With the new code...it chopped with the second time for me. Didn’t make it to the 10th.

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

next update will have the bonus credit stuff fixed

Thank you sir!

#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I did notice a change also, but forgot to mention it. Prior to the code update, the guillotine would always chop the ball on the 2nd and 10th time through. I noticed last night that I hit the guillotine 3 times one game and not once did it ever chop. I did not get to 10 so I don't know if it still chops on 10, but it didn't on the 2nd time through like it used to. It still gave me credit for all the chops though.

It does chop on the 2nd time through guillotine for me.

#3815 4 years ago

Mine chops on second time too.

Update is great, thanks Spooky team!

Hey, how are you all hitting this bonus multiplier target? It seems almost impossible to hit directly from the left flipper. I only rarely get it on a lucky slingshot bounce. Mine is also tightly wedged under the mummy plastic above it and it is tough to register a shot.

Great game and I dig the enhanced end-of-ball sounds as points are tallied.

5403C2B6-D0DC-4318-A754-6BC38DB1FC4D (resized).jpeg5403C2B6-D0DC-4318-A754-6BC38DB1FC4D (resized).jpeg
#3816 4 years ago

I played another 25 or so games on the new code tonight. Game is really solid and mostly glitch free now. My right Frank lock switch is still flakey and didn’t sense a made shot, at least the Frank ball search logic raises him up now and kicks the balls back into play. Would be nice if the Frank ball search started sooner.

I changed the magnet save from pattern1 to pattern2 and now the magnet save works perfectly...such a cool feature and great sound effect! I defeated the vampire, chopped Alice’s head off in the guillotine, squashed all insects, what fun!

The extra ball shot on the upper playfield is very satisfying, not easy to hit. Feels like the flippers become fatigued after a bunch of games, but some of my other games also do that. I might turn the flipper coil levels up a little more.

This pin is very addictive which is a good thing! Alice is definitely a keeper like Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith...I just love the rock/metal pins.

#3817 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Mine chops on second time too.
Update is great, thanks Spooky team!
Hey, how are you all hitting this bonus multiplier target? It seems almost impossible to hit directly from the left flipper. I only rarely get it on a lucky slingshot bounce. Mine is also tightly wedged under the mummy plastic above it and it is tough to register a shot.
Great game and I dig the enhanced end-of-ball sounds as points are tallied.[quoted image]

Mine was like that out the box,I adjusted the multiplier switch.
Sorted

#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Mine was like that out the box,I adjusted the multiplier switch.
Sorted

Mine was also wedged under the plastic, put a couple washers under the play field, all good now, except one of the screws dropped from my hand and was no where to be found! Probably show up in 3 months, and I'll have forgotten this and search forever for where it should go..

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I played another 25 or so games on the new code tonight. Game is really solid and mostly glitch free now. My right Frank lock switch is still flakey and didn’t sense a made shot, at least the Frank ball search logic raises him up now and kicks the balls back into play. Would be nice if the Frank ball search started sooner.

Had the same issue with frank lock switch...adjusted it as much as i could but still got missed hits. There are a couple of screws in the lock area that i think was causing the ball to kick up over the switch so it didnt register on certain hits. I put a sticky foam over the screws so the ball gets redirected around those screws. Havent had a miss hit in 200+ games. I can take a photo of it tomorrow if you need.

#3820 4 years ago

I noticed last night I'm not getting knocker on extraball. I'm not sure if I ever got a match, but I don't think the knocker is engaging at all. I checked the settings after realizing it didn't fire on the EB, and it is set to "on" when EB is earned.

#3821 4 years ago

New game on new code so not sure if this would of worked in earlier versions. The ball save magnet engages I think as it should, but so far on normal, pattern 1 and pattern 2 there is no real difference. Ball gets held, shakes a little bit, then just drops. This should shoot back to the play field ?

Also for the upper magnet, there is a setting for normal and 'Spooky', anyone know what the difference is ? I do not think I have seen a difference here..

#3822 4 years ago

I noticed that the cool light effects that occurred after hitting the multiplier target no longer occur since the new code. I miss that. The only indicator that it registered is the 2x, 4x, 8x inserts. Which is fine, but it was satisfying to get the little light show.

#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I noticed that the cool light effects that occurred after hitting the multiplier target no longer occur since the new code. I miss that. The only indicator that it registered is the 2x, 4x, 8x inserts. Which is fine, but it was satisfying to get the little light show.

i have a note to put that back.. missed that while i was converting to new lightshow stuff

#3824 4 years ago

Finalized my payment for my NIB ACNC today!! Should hopefully arrive by next Friday!!! Beyond pumped up to add this to my collection and officially be in the club!!! Pics to follow when it arrives next week!!

#3825 4 years ago

...and take it off your Wishlist ! Coin door pics required.

#3826 4 years ago

Looks like my guillotine may of stopped working properly. It appears that the guillotine is part ways down, catches a ball, but then never moves. I was unable to find a test that would move it, and if i go to servo menu, i can set values for upper middle etc, but it does not appear to move when setting those.. Anyone have a similar problem, quick look seems like a bunch to disassemble to get a peek at what is in there..

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Looks like my guillotine may of stopped working properly. It appears that the guillotine is part ways down, catches a ball, but then never moves. I was unable to find a test that would move it, and if i go to servo menu, i can set values for upper middle etc, but it does not appear to move when setting those.. Anyone have a similar problem, quick look seems like a bunch to disassemble to get a peek at what is in there..

Well traced it back, fuse that was linked to the servo board is blown.. Is a 3A fuse, hope I have one..

#3828 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Well traced it back, fuse that was linked to the servo board is blown.. Is a 3A fuse, hope I have one..

Make sure after you replace fuse, that none of the servos (three of them) are binding. If they are binding, these can be adjusted in servo settings. If a servo is defective (I had one that was), contact Spooky. They will send a replacement servo and instructions on repairing it.

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Make sure after you replace fuse, that none of the servos (three of them) are binding. These can be adjusted if they are in servo settings. If it's defective (I had one that was), contact Spooky. They will send a replacement servo and instructions on repairing it.

Yep, working on getting a new servo out now. In case it isn't said enough..., as tech support for spooky (and other) I TRULY APPRECIATE everyone's willingness to help out in the threads. I sometimes get behind and it really helps when you guys step in.

Thank you

#3830 4 years ago

Woohoo! Got through stage 2 of Zombies!

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yep, working on getting a new servo out now. In case it isn't said enough..., as tech support for spooky (and other) I TRULY APPRECIATE everyone's willingness to help out in the threads. I sometimes get behind and it really helps when you guys step in.
Thank you

Thanks, went thru probably a couple extra fuses, pretty sure the servo in the guillotine is stuck.. Altho at this point I am not sure the best way to get to it Looks like a lot of disassembly, unless there us an easy way to know which screws/bolts to take off first.. Was league night tonite, and the guys said 2 drinks or more - glass stays on

#3832 4 years ago

Not sure if new code related but since update I can access menu screen(green button) scroll through using Flippers but when trying to access menu option (green button) does nothing. Need to adjust my magnet save setting.

Anyone else having a problem with this? Thanks. Will email Christopher if just mine.

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Not sure if new code related but since update I can access menu screen(green button) scroll through using Flippers but when trying to access menu option (green button) does nothing. Need to adjust my magnet save setting.
Anyone else having a problem with this? Thanks. Will email Christopher if just mine.

Yes, this has been a acknowledged and should be fixed in later code. Use the Start button instead of the green button for now.

#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Yes, this has been a acknowledged and should be fixed in later code. Use the Start button instead of the green button for now.

Thank you. I missed that. Cheers

#3835 4 years ago

I played a couple of games on the new code last night and only noticed one thing. On one ball, I hit the right orbit skill shot and as it came around left orbit, immediately drained down the middle, but the ball save didn't register and the game went right to end of ball. I'm wondering if there is a bug related to getting a skill shot turning off the ball save? One other suggestion - for high scores, can the number of characters to be entered be changed from five to ten?

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I played a couple of games on the new code last night and only noticed one thing. On one ball, I hit the right orbit skill shot and as it came around left orbit, immediately drained down the middle, but the ball save didn't register and the game went right to end of ball. I'm wondering if there is a bug related to getting a skill shot turning off the ball save? One other suggestion - for high scores, can the number of characters to be entered be changed from five to ten?

Are you sure the ball save timer didn't run out? How long before you hit the right orbit did it take? Please repeat the steps and report back.

I went with 6 because it fit SPOOKY, but why 10 when you can go to 11

#3837 4 years ago

Having trouble putting new code on. When I download the update am I supposed to open it with a zip program or just put it on usb stick as is? The two zip programs I tried to open it with failed to do so I put it on usb stick as is, game acts like its going to install it for a short time but then boots the old code.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Having trouble putting new code on. When I download the update am I supposed to open it with a zip program or just put it on usb stick as is? The two zip programs I tried to open it with failed to do so I put it on usb stick as is, game acts like its going to install it for a short time but then boots the old code.

Put zip file on your thumb drive... make sure your computer isn’t renaming the file or adding any numbers to the file name. If the name changes, new code won’t load

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did you format USB to 32 fat and delete any files on USB before copying new code onto USB. I just download and copy to USB didn’t need to unzip first like with Stern code. Hope this helps

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Did you format USB to 32 fat and delete any files on USB before copying new code onto USB. I just download and copy to USB didn’t need to unzip first like with Stern code. Hope this helps

Yep formatted usb first.

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It is a *.pkg file, not a *.zip file. Do not try to open it up. Just copy the whole thing, making sure it's named "ac-gamecode.pkg" in the rood of your drive, and then turn the game on.

#3842 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It is a *.pkg file, not a *.zip file. Do not try to open it up. Just copy the whole thing, making sure it's named "ac-gamecode.pkg" in the rood of your drive, and then turn the game on.

Okay will try it again without opening with a specific program.

#3843 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Downloaded without opening in a program, has the correct name and still not working. I will try a different usb when I find one. I have beta code 1.0.7.1 installed, does it matter what previous code is installed?

#3844 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Downloaded without opening in a program, has the correct name and still not working. I will try a different usb when I find one. I have beta code 1.0.7.1 installed, does it matter what previous code is installed?

You should always be able to go up in version fine I think. Downgrading may be an issue though

#3845 4 years ago

People make this harder than it is. Just format a USB stick to fat32, download file, copy it as is to USB stick, insert usb stick into any usb port in pinball machine and it will install automatically. When it's done, the display will tell you to remove stick and cycle power to machine. I never tried with a USB stick larger than 16GB though.

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

People make this harder than it is.

I've updated plenty of pins but this is my first Spooky. Have done it the suggested way and is not working, next step is to try a different usb.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

People make this harder than it is. Just format a USB stick to fat32, download file, copy it as is to USB stick, insert usb stick into any usb port in pinball machine and it will install automatically. When it's done, the display will tell you to cycle power to machine. I never tried with a USB stick larger than 16GB though.

I just did mine with a 32G stick, no problem, only file on the stick...

#3848 4 years ago

I did have to borrow a friends USB drive because mine will only format to exFAT and NTSC. I tried exFAT, but it didn't work. Hopefully I can get home this weekend to update the code.

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Make sure no other files are on USB.
Only the update file.

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Make sure no other files are on USB.
Only the update file.

Yep, when you format the usb it wipes it clean of any other files.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.