(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 161.
#3701 4 years ago

HAPPY NEW CODE DAY!

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

New code drop for Alice Cooper’s B-day!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YexlFMEvNUIg0XUCcnzSg2mnJOxKiiLJ
New code memory leak solved. New content. More already in the works.

Thank you Spooky and happy BIG 72nd birthday to Alice Cooper!

#3705 4 years ago

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

There are beta changes listed there too, I'm not sure how much of that was implemented.

04/fEB/2020

V1.1.0.0

General - New graphics backend

General - Memory leak resolved

General - Removed 'Recycle After Game' option

General - Mystery ready state did not reset when coming out of menu system

General - Guillotine now forced to stay up while in hurryup

General - Zombie frenzy save would end too early if you made it past the first wave and then some

General - EOB sequence changed

General - Flipper skipping monster intros working

General - Mystery monster intro flipper skipping working

General - Hurrup display would not update properly some times

Skillshot - outside orbit reward would not update room display properly

Crypt - crypt ethyl skip select fixed

BDB - start condition check moved to mode totals

BDB - default time increased to 60 seconds

General - attract wasn't refreshing the replay value

General - secret passage animation updated

Vampire - vampire ramps count wasn't resetting for next player

General - eob score was not adding to total due to scores being disabled at eob

#3706 4 years ago

Well now.
I guess I'm leaving work early today.

#3707 4 years ago

A couple things I noticed...

1) When trying to adjust the Replay Award from 25M to 30M, I can only seem to increase the value one point at a time so this would take 5 million presses lol

2) My right loop doesn't always register a room advancement. It makes the sound but I am stuck in the Foyer. This happened two out of three times so far.

I like the new end of ball screen but it seems one "boom" too long. Maybe I am just accustomed to the old one. I would start with Bonus x 2, x 4 etc. to reduce it by one, and then Rooms, Chops, Monsters, etc. The old four "boom" sound was more aesthetically pleasing. Five seems too long, but again maybe I'm not used to it.

Oh yeah, be aware that your high scores will be wiped.

#3708 4 years ago

My game hasn't had the memory issue.
Only things on my wish list were better balls search and sound/callout for end of mode bonus shot.
Are either of these on the update?

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

How about the settings? Will I have to go back and re-tweak all the servo settings again?

#3710 4 years ago

Yes new code. Amazing!!!!

#3711 4 years ago

Got some games in today. First few were the usual. Suddenly I noticed a new trajectory on balls coming down the left orbit that was wildly different than what was normal. A wire was hanging in there.

Anyone know what this if for and where this is supposed to go, if anywhere? Not sure how this got disconnected - I don't go under the hood often - maybe a couple times so far and only for a second, but it is just hanging in there....

84894649_10220631490152993_8944132749535477760_o (resized).jpg84894649_10220631490152993_8944132749535477760_o (resized).jpg
#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

A couple things I noticed...
1) When trying to adjust the Replay Award from 25M to 30M, I can only seem to increase the value one point at a time so this would take 5 million presses lol
2) My right loop doesn't always register a room advancement. It makes the sound but I am stuck in the Foyer. This happened two out of three times so far.
I like the new end of ball screen but it seems one "boom" too long. Maybe I am just accustomed to the old one. I would start with Bonus x 2, x 4 etc. to reduce it by one, and then Rooms, Chops, Monsters, etc. The old four "boom" sound was more aesthetically pleasing. Five seems too long, but again maybe I'm not used to it.

1) yikes.. I'll give a multiplier for each one you increase it by .. I'll take a look. font size needs to be reduced for sure.
2) is the ball making it around the orbit on launch. I can see the issue if its a failed launch.I'll take a look
EOB stuff, I can revisit. I still want to show what the bonus total was plus the player score

update* values increases by millions like it should.. next update will have the fix

#3713 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Got some games in today. First few were the usual. Suddenly I noticed a new trajectory on balls coming down the left orbit that was wildly different than what was normal. A wire was hanging in there.
Anyone know what this if for and where this is supposed to go, if anywhere? Not sure how this got disconnected - I don't go under the hood often - maybe a couple times so far and only for a second, but it is just hanging in there....[quoted image]

skull led disconnected it looks like

#3714 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How about the settings? Will I have to go back and re-tweak all the servo settings again?

you shouldn't , servo settings are saved outside the update process.

#3715 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

skull led disconnected it looks like

There is a skull LED?!?!?

Yup. This is my first attempt at screwing with the electronics here. The connector is not keyed - I assume there is a right way and a wrong way to connect it. Can I just try it to see which what is correct or will it damage something if its backwards?

#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

There is a skull LED?!?!?
Yup. This is my first attempt at screwing with the electronics here. The connector is not keyed - I assume there is a right way and a wrong way to connect it. Can I just try it to see which what is correct or will it damage something if its backwards?

it will not cause a problem. in led test red and blue will be backwards.

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

1) yikes.. I'll give a multiplier for each one you increase it by .. I'll take a look. font size needs to be reduced for sure.
2) is the ball making it around the orbit on launch. I can see the issue if its a failed launch.I'll take a look
EOB stuff, I can revisit. I still want to show what the bonus total was plus the player score
update* values increases by millions like it should.. next update will have the fix

1) I agree that it is nice to see the bonus multiplier. I would do the EOB screen like this...

BONUS x2/x4/x6/etc
ROOMS VISITED x = xxxx (Boom)
MONSTERS KILLED x = xxxx (Boom)
CHOPS x = xxxx (Boom)
TOTAL BONUS = xxxx (Boom)

OR

BONUS
ROOMS VISITED x = xxxx (Boom)
MONSTERS KILLED x = xxxx (Boom)
CHOPS x = xxxx (Boom)
TOTAL BONUS x2/x4/x6/etc = xxxx (Boom)

Maybe display the total just a second or two longer as it is hard to read that fast for us old guys lol

2) Yes, ball goes all the way around and makes the appropriate sound indicating that the switch is working. After I get a few more games in, I should have more data.

#3718 4 years ago

Here is the changelog since the last stable release on June 13, 2019 (for those interested).

04/fEB/2020
V1.1.0.0
General - New graphics backend
General - Memory leak resolved
General - Removed 'Recycle After Game' option
General - Mystery ready state did not reset when coming out of menu system
General - Guillotine now forced to stay up while in hurryup
General - Zombie frenzy save would end too early if you made it past the first wave and then some
General - EOB sequence changed
General - Flipper skipping monster intros working
General - Mystery monster intro flipper skipping working
General - Hurrup display would not update properly some times
Skillshot - outside orbit reward would not update room display properly
Crypt - crypt ethyl skip select fixed
BDB - start condition check moved to mode totals
BDB - default time increased to 60 seconds
General - attract wasn't refreshing the replay value
General - secret passage animation updated
Vampire - vampire ramps count wasn't resetting for next player
General - eob score was not adding to total due to scores being disabled at eob
General -

V1.0.7.6 (beta)
General - Game over ball released from crypt would trigger outlane magnet save if it was available
General - Search count before release option added to menu system (Ball Release Search Rounds)
General - Frank search release would get interupted by diverter logic
General - Frank search in attract went missing
V1.0.7.5 (beta)
General - Trough coil power can now be set, and saved across updates
General - Game wasn't checking for toughjam when attempting to start a game
General - More lock diverter changes
General - Removed save insert lights from all lightshow animations
Pit - Right orbit frenzy shot wasn't activating as intended
V1.0.7.4 (beta)
General - Official topper support
General - Habittrails enables ball save instead of looking for the outlane switch to be activated
General - Outlane light was not activated if outlane switch was first to be hit in skillshot
Insects - Was not enabling ball save if crypt mode was already running
V1.0.7.3 (beta)
General - Double flipping on start of ball2/3 would trigger EOB animation
V1.0.7.2 (beta)
General - Servo settings would not display restored value in the menu system
General - Lower magnet would continue to hold ball while going into menu system
12/SEP/2019
V1.0.7.1 (beta)
General - Key settings are now saved across updates, ie. upper flipper, magnet pattern, games played
General - Menu system was not displaying recent audit changes until a system reboot
General - Mag-neat-o save light show reverted back to original
General - Mag-neat-o explode SFX was missing
General - Servos would not disengage after coming out of menu system
General - Secret passage was not lighting after skillshot
General - Music selection after skillshot was selected before skillshot outcome was applied
General - New stuck switch menu option under tests
General - More frank lock safety checks added
General - Mystery light show would lag at start due to other lights trying to take priority
General - Replay animation/lightshow speed improvement
General - When room transition animation runs, display should update properly
General - Match yellow text would crash due to timing issue
General - Mystery award was awarding after ball drains and left subway was not triggered on next ball
General - Crypt lock + tilt was causing problems
General - Starting crypt while in a mode frenzy did no update ball save counts properly
General - removed the open lock delay from frank
General - Match score in tens would be offset from where it should have been with certain large numbers
General - Mystery light would not re light after mystery collect times out
General - Chop rewards are at 2/10/20/30 chops
General - Guillotine will drop and reset at each ball search instead of waiting a few rounds
General - Highscore screen was not displaying if you tilted on ball 3 and highscore was available
General - trough could become out of sync (loading ball when machine is loading) first search will kick a ball to resync
General - Replay animation delayed if monster intro is running
General - Monster multiplier was being used on first monster, throwing off scores
General - map area reduced when in monster mode
General - Ball save disabled when game tilts
General - New combo voices
General - New highscore voices
General - New match win voice
General - Tilt uses the Tilt Switch Sensitivity ms option
General - New option to recycle the game after each game
General - Mode start intros are skippable with both flippers
General - Outlane save will use mag-neat-o instead of insta eject if ready
General - If ball goes to outlane when coming from upper playfield, mag-neat-o save is activated
General - Frenzy shots collected are increased by monster multiplier
General - Ball save animation updated to use full screen. old animation was causing black screens
Alice - frenzy shots wont auto collect opposite sides of orbits
Crypt - Save time updated to 15 seconds
Ethyl - Reverted hurryup start condition. kicks off at single ball and if player defeated mode
Frank - locked balls were releasing too early
Frank - drop target now cancels out the skillshot if right ramp opto is skipped somehow
Frank - Save time updated to 20 seconds
Frank - Ramp jackpot screen value did no reflect try collected value
Frank - Right ramp would lock out super jackpot
BDB - cashout/you win state wasn't being tracked on a per player basis
Igor - Center lane wasn't ignoring the rollout from mode start properly
Igor - In frenzy orbit exiting won't collect a frenzy show
Pit - Frenzy shots added
zombie - gun shot sfx from flipper if ball just rolled over inlane switch for that flipper
zombie - If collect value is at minimum, roam timer is 2x faster
zombie - frenzy time resets to 20 seconds after each wave

#3719 4 years ago

What is Zombie Frenzy and how do you activate it?

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

What is Zombie Frenzy and how do you activate it?

After the main mode is beat, you go into a timed mode to collect jackpots. once time ends.. hurryup starts

#3721 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

After the main mode is beat, you go into a timed mode to collect jackpots. once time ends.. hurryup starts

Ahhh okay, I have beaten all monsters except the zombie. Hitting 5 of them is tough
It sounds like a good Mystery Award

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think Spooky is making a big mistake using pinball life rubbers. They are far too bouncy. ACNC has a ton of side to side action, and extra bouncy rubbers only increase the chaos.

Rubbers are supposed to be bouncy. Otherwise you’d just put string there. “The ball is wild!”

Each to their own of course - but I like the PBL silicone. I just bought a big bunch of the clear stuff - it’s now my default rubber, and I’m using it on every pin I shop.

rd

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Rubbers are supposed to be bouncy. Otherwise you’d just put string there. “The ball is wild!”
Each to their own of course - but I like the PBL silicone. I just bought a big bunch of the clear stuff - it’s now my default rubber, and I’m using it on every pin I shop.
rd

You're one crazy SOB rotordave

#3724 4 years ago

So I only put on one game on the new code(and related or not got my highest score ever somehow)! But one thing I noticed, not sure if just some random thing or a bug but when I got Pit creature it lights the 3 shots initially to find him, the crypt, the scoop and mystery I think. I hit all 3 shots multiple times and it never said he was found?! Every time it would just say he not there. Eventually drained the ball and mode was over but it never found him. I have no idea if some weird glitch or a possible bug but wanted to mention it if anyone else is playing and sees that.

#3725 4 years ago

Are directions inside the game for installing the new code?

#3726 4 years ago

Turn game on. Boot. Insert USB. Follow instructions.

Done.

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Are directions inside the game for installing the new code?

How to update your machine:

Copy the PKG file onto a thumbdrive.
Turn your game off.
Plug that thumbdrive into a USB slot on the MPU computer (in backbox, upper right.)
Turn game on.
It will boot up and give you a SPOOKY screen, saying that it is applying the update.
Once the text turns green, remove the thumbdrive, and power-cycle the game.

#3728 4 years ago

All I’m getting is “Audits and Settings backed up”
What am I doing wrong?

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

All I’m getting is “Audits and Settings backed up”
What am I doing wrong?

File is not named correctly. Or in a subfolder. Or the system cant read it (for a reason). Check the drive's formatting, make sure it's FAT32, and give it another try.

#3730 4 years ago

Thanks! Of course I had an older version in my Downloads folder, so this one got an unwanted “-2” attached.
Updating now.

#3731 4 years ago

I played a few games on new code - everything seems to be working fine. Game largely feels exactly the same minus the end of ball screen that gives a more detailed run down of scoring.

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

File is not named correctly. Or in a subfolder. Or the system cant read it (for a reason). Check the drive's formatting, make sure it's FAT32, and give it another try.

I fell victim to the same issue... my mac was renaming the file with an added "-4"... took me a few minutes to put 2 and 2 together

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I feel victim to the same issue... my mac was renaming the file with an added "-4"... took me a few minutes to put 2 and 2 together

Yup.

Obviously I'm speaking from experience too.

#3734 4 years ago

All seems lovely, I may be noticing a few more differences than some because didn’t install the betas.
Only a couple of games in but hearing a couple of new call outs, tidier screens and eob stuff, new vampire option on lower table, secret passage light working when it should and, on second go at Pit Monster, only one light available at start (and monster wasn’t there).

#3735 4 years ago

New code installed but now magnet is not working properly on ball saves. It now just holds it for a second and drops it. Is there a setting adjustment I can make to help this?Never had problems with the magnet before.
Thanks

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

New code installed but now magnet is not working properly on ball saves. It now just holds it for a second and drops it. Is there a setting adjustment I can make to help this?Never had problems with the magnet before.
Thanks

Not that it is helpful now, but I would caution those that update to look at what ball save magnet pattern was working before the update.

As for getting it going again in the menu you will have to go through and try the different magnet patterns to see what works.

#3737 4 years ago

Also may wanna record your servo settings too, just in case!

#3738 4 years ago

Anyone ad Mystery that wasn't Advance To Monster?

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

Sounds like you just hate it. You should probably cut your losses. I bought this game with zero experience playing it and probably 30 minutes playing pinball period. I love it and play it all the time. I suck but I am getting better. After months and months of practice I am killing a few monsters. I guess my point is I love it. Sounds like you don’t. Why fight it or ask others to convince you that you like it?

No hatred for it. Frustrated is all. Been waiting for new code since we were having a lot of ball search and multiplayer issues as well. Game is drop dead gorgeous and I have gotten some good advice on adjustments to make, thanks to those who have given advice.

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Thanks

Yes, 'Home>Settings>Gameplay (feature)>Magnet Save Pattern'. Mine works fine at Original Pattern. I have the plastic disk covering magnet, Pitch @ 6.9 degrees.

#3741 4 years ago

No more scrolling through menu with service buttons. You must now use Flipper and Start buttons to scroll and select.

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No more scrolling through menu with service buttons. You must now use Flipper and Start buttons to scroll and select.

This is temporary, it will be like it was before.

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I like the new end of ball screen but it seems one "boom" too long. I would start with Bonus x 2, x 4 etc. to reduce it by one, and then Rooms, Chops, Monsters, etc. The old four "boom" sound was more aesthetically pleasing. Five seems too long.

I does seem pointless to display the Bonus X1.

#3744 4 years ago

I just got the lost ball after a Crypt and Frank ball lock. Also, I occasionally have to shake the machine for the trough to find the ball?? This is getting old. I can't figure out WTF is causing this??

#3745 4 years ago

New code is working great so far! My magnet is perfect, frank and other servos didn’t need adjustment, and The Mystery Award was much more random (hit it 3 times and only on the third time did I advance to monster...the others were 2 rooms and 1 room.
Just noticed another thing in Mystery Award “Go to Jail”. Was that there before...and what is it?

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

New code is working great so far! My magnet is perfect, frank and other servos didn’t need adjustment, and The Mystery Award was much more random (hit it 3 times and only on the third time did I advance to monster...the others were 2 rooms and 1 room.
Just noticed another thing in Mystery Award “Go to Jail”. Was that there before...and what is it?

It's not new. Not implemented yet??

#3747 4 years ago

Probably one of the joke mystery awards like tilt other player on TNA

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I just got the lost ball after a Crypt and Frank ball lock. Also, I occasionally have to shake the machine for the trough to find the ball?? This is getting old. I can't figure out WTF is causing this??

If you have to shake the machine for the game to find the ball it sounds like something is out of adjustment. Have you tried contacting Spooky support about it?

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Probably one of the joke mystery awards like tilt other player on TNA

Alice has that as well.

Sadly, never get implemeted, but..

#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Alice has that as well.
Sadly, never get implemeted, but..

Just need a JJP POTC and crank up plundering, that should give you your fill

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.