(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 161.
#3651 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I agree, I love the layout. It is quite ingenious the way the ramps interoperate, and then there is the fabulous upper playfield. I have a TSPP and I think that this one is better.
However, I do agree that the game is tough on my casual player friends who want more than a 20s of ball time. There are a lot of cheap drains in the outlanes so I am going to try thicker rubbers to see if that helps. I want my friends to enjoy ACNC as much as I do

Yes, there seems to be giant streaks of cheap outlane drains that are unavoidable. On a hard machine like this those are spirit breakers. And yes, this just isn't a machine at all for anyone casual.

If you find some thicker rubbers that at least eases up on the outlane drains that works without totally nerfing them, please! let me know what you find!

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not speaking for anyone - but the focus has been creating a stable platform, to ensure no more memory resets.
Expect that.
I know how hyped everyone gets about new things - then they get disappointed when it’s not what they imagined (key word - imagined) it was going to be.

rd

Sounds like it ain’t gonna be that big after all. I like the game regardless

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Sounds like it ain’t gonna be that big after all. I like the game regardless

Fixing the memory leaks is not big, it's HUGE! The amount of time and effort that has been put forth by the team is outstanding. With this out of the way it leave the door open for future game enhancements.

#3654 4 years ago

I just want frank to stop losing the ball in the cab, was embarrassing to me how many times that happened at pincinnati.

If memory improves light show to match with gameplay and not be delayed would be a bonus.

#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

... With this out of the way it leave the door open for future game enhancements.

Now is the time.
now.gifnow.gif

#3656 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Sounds like it ain’t gonna be that big after all

Like Chris said. It’s huge.

Whole new system. Doesn’t crash. Looks better. Winner.

You can’t have your icing without the cake.

rd

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Yup,this

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Y’all must not have Duncan Hines down there

I think I’ve been a bit spoiled as I haven’t had issues that KingPinGames couldn’t help me fix.

Looking forward to the future! I hope my post didn’t come off as unappreciative. I don’t know a lick about the issues the team faced outside of “it wasn’t easy”. It’s already one of my favorite games and think it could be one of the best made in a long time when the code is “finished”

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Whole new system

Uh, what?
New OS? New hardware? No more SkeletonGame? "Whole new" is not a proper statement here, unless you're planning on shipping everyone new SBCs.

You just made a valid statement about Pinside and other platforms taking something and then running with it until it's blown out of proportion, and then you go and say something like this. May wanna be a little more selective in describing changes - or don't if you're under an NDA.

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Yes, there seems to be giant streaks of cheap outlane drains that are unavoidable. On a hard machine like this those are spirit breakers. And yes, this just isn't a machine at all for anyone casual.
If you find some thicker rubbers that at least eases up on the outlane drains that works without totally nerfing them, please! let me know what you find!

Wait. You think ACNC has cheap outlane drains??? I couldn’t disagree more... I had to replace posts to open them up. I thought they were way too tight.

Different strokes I guess

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait. You think ACNC has cheap outlane drains??? I couldn’t disagree more... I had to replace posts to open them up. I thought they were way too tight.

Same here for me. I'm an alright player but even casuals were remarking on how it seemed to never drain down the outlanes

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Same here for me. I'm an alright player but even casuals were remarking on how it seemed to never drain down the outlanes

Good news: it’s fixable. The reason I threw on Lightning flippers and modified the posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/50#post-5303677

#3663 4 years ago

Should be getting acnc soon. Can anyone confirm the cabinet Dimensions. Head folded? Is it the same as a wpc cab?

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Should be getting acnc soon. Can anyone confirm the cabinet Dimensions. Head folded? Is it the same as a wpc cab?

I asked this before I picked mine up...

The dimensions are H 32in x L 53in x W 30in

#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good news: it’s fixable. The reason I threw on Lightning flippers and modified the posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/50#post-5303677

I didn't think it needed lightning flippers as center drains still aren't savable, but I did put smaller posts on the outlanes

#3666 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm hoping the fact that the code update has taken so long is an indicator that it will contain a ton of changes and cool new features.

Quoted from Halfwasted:

Doh. Sounds like minimal changes and stability.

Like I said before, they have already indicated several pages back that this next update will focus on bugs and memory leak issue (stability). The fun stuff will come later. Why would they implement new features before fixing known issues? Remember, this is Spooky's first machine using the P3-Roc board system. They had a large learning curve - thus the wait.

#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Quoted from zacaj:

Man! You guys must be way better than me. Faster reflexes? I am getting old. So what pitch are you at then?

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Man! You guys must be way better than me. Faster reflexes? I am getting old. So what pitch are you at then?

7.5-ish...? Somewhere in there

I’m really not that great either!

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I’m around 7ish i think? Plays great
1.07 software with no issues. Guess i missed an update at some point, outlanes fair here

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

7.5-ish...? Somewhere in there
I’m really not that great either!

Wow! That's high. I'm at 6.9
So I must be getting more side to side action then?

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Interesting. Mine's at 6.7. I may have to up it.

#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I might be right a 7. I’d need to check

#3673 4 years ago

Found a wingnut and mini bolt in cab, it was for upper playfield drop target depth adjustment. Maybe check the tightness on yours fellas. Good as new.

B6E3BC30-5FCB-466B-A9EE-F583A57D85BE (resized).jpegB6E3BC30-5FCB-466B-A9EE-F583A57D85BE (resized).jpeg
#3674 4 years ago

Finally got around to paint and install my crypt. It was actually pretty fun to paint

0E95BA52-5D9B-42EB-A036-C77265AE1690 (resized).jpeg0E95BA52-5D9B-42EB-A036-C77265AE1690 (resized).jpeg0F255CFD-7316-4DBC-97B7-A8534AF18049 (resized).jpeg0F255CFD-7316-4DBC-97B7-A8534AF18049 (resized).jpeg9A76EF00-8515-4CD2-AC87-5BAF6086C7F1 (resized).jpeg9A76EF00-8515-4CD2-AC87-5BAF6086C7F1 (resized).jpeg9CE817E7-3EB7-4181-9C1F-46468CEAF186 (resized).jpeg9CE817E7-3EB7-4181-9C1F-46468CEAF186 (resized).jpegEA07FA64-F6AC-446D-9624-4DCB3E61802B (resized).jpegEA07FA64-F6AC-446D-9624-4DCB3E61802B (resized).jpeg
#3675 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Finally got around to paint and install my crypt. It was actually pretty fun to paint[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you had fun with the paint Neat to see a different take on it. Thank you for showing the photos.

For those wondering, I do offer an unwired, unpainted, DIY version in the shop for a bit less (only a couple have tackled it). I remove any stringiness from the print process, but the rest is up to the buyer (on full versions, I also sand and smooth [few layers of triple thick] to remove most print lines and such before paint).

Quoted from lancestorm:

I just want frank to stop losing the ball in the cab, was embarrassing to me how many times that happened at pincinnati.
If memory improves light show to match with gameplay and not be delayed would be a bonus.

This only happened to me when I first got my game. Was a very quick fix with a setting adjustment in the menu (believe Spooky may have a video for it). Similar story for many others. It's possible the Pincinnati game wasn't properly set-up.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just don't burn yourself out! We need to see your future ACNC mods that you hinted at someday, and I know that I'm praying you are a Rick and Morty fan!! Your mods are up there with my all time favorites! Your work is amazing!!

While producing mods can be a grind, I'm always looking forward to designing the next new mods. Love making new stuff, and if it weren't for the support and associated production grind, I wouldn't have the opportunity to devote the time and expense that I do for some of these.

Never meant my transparent statement to draw so much attention (I can be honest to a fault). Nothing to worry about. This is what I want to be doing, and as noted, I'll learn from it and plan better in the future. I'd like to think stress/anxiety/fear of failing is a good thing when it comes to making this a successful endeavor. If I didn't worry about my product quality or customers, I wouldn't have built the reputation it seems I have thus far.

Unfortunately I'm not in on R&M (does look awesome and unique). My fiancee loves the show, but I lean toward horror/medieval/nostalgia themes, and am at a point where I need to get rid of a machine I like to fit something new. Thought for sure Stranger Things would be next for me, and I have some neat ideas for it, but they could have done so much more with the theme.

I do at times mod machines that I don't own (IJ and Elvira for example), so you never know.

I appreciate the positive feedback

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I asked this before I picked mine up...
The dimensions are H 32in x L 53in x W 30in

Not unboxed it ain't. Just under 29 inch wide iirrc

#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Not unboxed it ain't. Just under 29 inch wide iirrc

I asked Spooky with head folded and plastic wrapped...I never did measure it when I picked it up, just slid it into my vehicle. They also wrapped it in protective moving blankets...maybe that’s where the extra inch came from.

#3678 4 years ago

Hey guys! Just joined the club, loving the game. However when I’m playing and start a mode my flippers die completely and there is no ball search. Ever had that happen? It’s been happening every game

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey guys! Just joined the club, loving the game. However when I’m playing and start a mode my flippers die completely and there is no ball search. Ever had that happen? It’s been happening every game

Whoa. Thats a new one. Contact Spooky now, but check every connection from shipping to see if anything is loose...

#3680 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Whoa. Thats a new one. Contact Spooky now, but check every connection from shipping to see if anything is loose...

Will do thank you! It happens in every mode except insects. Just thought I would check here to see if anyone else had that issue

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Will do thank you! It happens in every mode except insects. Just thought I would check here to see if anyone else had that issue

We, (and Spooky) will help you out. Let us know how inspecting the connections works out

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

You make it sound like the flippers die and the ball drains, but the game has no idea that either of those things have happened and just continues with music as if nothing is wrong. Is that accurate?

If not, does it give you a bonus? Does it know the ball has drained?

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out?

I had forgotten I did this until last night. I stretched my springs out slightly back when you posted this.

An update: It worked. I haven't had stuck/bad drops since then.

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I had forgotten I did this until last night. I stretched my springs out slightly back when you posted this.
An update: It worked. I haven't had stuck/bad drops since then.

Same here, has worked fine on mine after the spring stretching.

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This only happened to me when I first got my game. Was a very quick fix with a setting adjustment in the menu (believe Spooky may have a video for it). Similar story for many others. It's possible the Pincinnati game wasn't properly set-up.

I'm an early game. I setup properly after watching the video. I have older code. I was made to believe this was fixed in later machines code to stop Frank from lowering before raising. I have set it up so he does not drop below the plastic ramp/drop area. Still will lose it , just not everytime.

#3686 4 years ago

We have had our game for a couple weeks now.

I want to like it, but its just too damn hard.

Luckily we have a decent bunch of other pins to play but the verdict thus far is its better to look at than to play. It hurts me to admit that, its the first game I'd consider getting rid of, and its probably the most beautiful. This is definitely my last purchase of a game before playing. Rob Zombie was a blast, we have never regretted that one. When we have a party, RZ gets played a lot.

Back to Alice, we have the topper, its quite tall so that limits the pitch I can put on the game, at least for now since it will hit the basement drop ceiling. Before I take the topper off and pitch it up, I figured I come on here and see what others have done to try and alleviate some of the brutality. Will pitching it up affect the post hitting issue at all? I don't think it will.

Definitely going to put on bigger outlane post rubber to reduce that. Hell, I even asked my mechanical engineering buddy to see if he could source slightly smaller balls to effectively open up the shots a bit, make it feel less tight. Doubt that's possible either.

I'm just frustrated with it. I know I'm not alone, my wife played it a bunch at first but has pretty much quit playing it. Her son played it once and hasn't touched it since. I put a good two hours on it and can make every shot in the game at least once, but it seems more luck than skill. Just brick after brick on those friggin posts.

Looking for suggestions.
I know the first suggestion will be to play better, but I'm a casual player. A few hours a week at best.

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Will pitching it up affect the post hitting issue at all?

What is the "post hitting issue"?

Quoted from mamawaldee:

I figured I come on here and see what others have done to try and alleviate some of the brutality.

Buy **RUBBER** flipper rubbers, and put them on. In my experience, it makes hitting shots easier. (And if it doesn't, then replace the originals back!)

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Luckily we have a decent bunch of other pins to play but the verdict thus far is its better to look at than to play. It hurts me to admit that, its the first game I'd consider getting rid of, and its probably the most beautiful. This is definitely my last purchase of a game before playing. Rob Zombie was a blast, we have never regretted that one. When we have a party, RZ gets played a lot.
Back to Alice, we have the topper, its quite tall so that limits the pitch I can put on the game, at least for now since it will hit the basement drop ceiling. Before I take the topper off and pitch it up, I figured I come on here and see what others have done to try and alleviate some of the brutality. Will pitching it up affect the post hitting issue at all? I don't think it will.
Definitely going to put on bigger outlane post rubber to reduce that. Hell, I even asked my mechanical engineering buddy to see if he could source slightly smaller balls to effectively open up the shots a bit, make it feel less tight. Doubt that's possible either.
I'm just frustrated with it. I know I'm not alone, my wife played it a bunch at first but has pretty much quit playing it. Her son played it once and hasn't touched it since. I put a good two hours on it and can make every shot in the game at least once, but it seems more luck than skill. Just brick after brick on those friggin posts.
Looking for suggestions.
I know the first suggestion will be to play better, but I'm a casual player. A few hours a week at best.

Sounds like you just hate it. You should probably cut your losses. I bought this game with zero experience playing it and probably 30 minutes playing pinball period. I love it and play it all the time. I suck but I am getting better. After months and months of practice I am killing a few monsters. I guess my point is I love it. Sounds like you don’t. Why fight it or ask others to convince you that you like it?

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Looking for suggestions.

Agree about putting black rubber on the flippers. Also, this is definitely not a game that you can flail on. You have to be comfortable with a dead flip and drop catching. Otherwise, it’s not going to be friendly.

#3690 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Looking for suggestions.

Sorry to hear this...as my wife and I think it’s one of the best pins we’ve played. That said, give it a little more time, but if it’s not for you, it’s not for you. Not everyone is gonna like every pin. Find one you love and trade for it. Good luck.

#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You make it sound like the flippers die and the ball drains, but the game has no idea that either of those things have happened and just continues with music as if nothing is wrong. Is that accurate?
If not, does it give you a bonus? Does it know the ball has drained?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, that is exactly what happens. Anytime I start a mode, the flippers die, music keeps playing and I noticed on the lcd that it said ball search after a while but none of the coils were firing. I let the music play and it just goes on and on. No bonus, and when the initial ball drains, it says ball saved, fires another ball that drains, but does not end the mode. It is very strange. Spooky has been amazing and has responded right away. Still trying to troubleshoot this. I sooooo want to play this amazing game, any ideas?

#3692 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Looking for suggestions.

On my machine I made some changes:
Regular flipper rubber made a big difference. Shots became more natural to make.
I also changed some coil settings, slingshot power lower (I think from 30 to 22) and flipper power also a bit less. That made the game less brutal.

It's still a hard game, you need to aim well. But with these changes it plays a bit better.

#3693 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yeah, each game I get at least one that is "nothing but net" directly into the outlane. I do also get a lot of side to side action that lasts a few seconds each time so maybe my pitch isn't high enough or something like that.

#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Looking for suggestions.

I upped my pitch to 7 degrees and I think it make the right ramp and orbits much easier to hit.The only shot that seems harder is the secret passage for some reason. The ball guide often slows the ball to much to make the shot. It has to be perfect to hit.

The biggest change for me came in swapping out the pinball life rubbers for titan rubbers. I think Spooky is making a big mistake using pinball life rubbers. They are far too bouncy. ACNC has a ton of side to side action, and extra bouncy rubbers only increase the chaos. Literally every single person who has played my game commented about how awful the bounciness is.

Last thought, it take some time to find the shots on this game. There are times I still step up to it after probably 300-400 plays and can't find them immediately. I'd say try some of the suggested changes and just keep playing it for a while before you make your mind up. It can be brutal, but it just makes it that much better when you start nailing shots. Nothing like combos on ACNC in my opinion. Tons of fun.

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The biggest change for me came in swapping out the pinball life rubbers for titan rubbers.

Can you please post a link to the exact rubbers that you used? I would like to try them.

#3696 4 years ago

I had my Medisinyl Mods professionally painted (by Mark Jarman at M&M Custom Mods) and finally installed them. All, I can say is Wow! These mods are great I didn't realize how much thought went into designing them until after I installed them....

IMG_4767.JPGIMG_4767.JPGIMG_4769.JPGIMG_4769.JPGIMG_4770.JPGIMG_4770.JPGIMG_4771.JPGIMG_4771.JPGIMG_4772.JPGIMG_4772.JPG
#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I had my Medisinyl Mods professionally painted (by Mark Jarman at M&M Custom Mods) and finally installed them. All, I can say is Wow! These mods are great I didn't realize how much thought went into designing them until after I installed them....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow indeed! VERY cool!

Hats off to Medisinyl Mods and Mark Jarman the artist. Thanks for sharing!

#3698 4 years ago

New code drop for Alice Cooper’s B-day!

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

New code drop for Alice Cooper’s B-day!

Just saw it as well!! Boom!!

#3700 4 years ago

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YexlFMEvNUIg0XUCcnzSg2mnJOxKiiLJ

New code memory leak solved. New content. More already in the works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/74?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.