(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 161.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I reckon the brand new manual and constant help from kingpingames is more than enough “spooky” representation. What do you want them to say? “We’re creating a new code” every 2 weeks? Enjoy your game and it’ll be here before ya know it

Yeah, probably fair enough. I’m enjoying it for sure and wasn’t aware of the KingPinGames connection.
Long live the Kingpin.

Besides, I know how to wait for code, I got Kiss NIB!

#3552 4 years ago

I can't wait to join this club. I still have a new MBrSE to trade for one.

Or if someone wants it, I will sell to you at a nice price so I can get a new ACNC.

...... Someone help a brother out!

#3553 4 years ago

I am going to reset my high scores when we get the new software.

QJ0lSdM (resized).jpgQJ0lSdM (resized).jpg

There are too many bugs in the current version that allows one to take advantage of and get .. elevated high scores.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I can't wait to join this club. I still have a new MBrSE to trade for one.
Or if someone wants it, I will sell to you at a nice price so I can get a new ACNC.
...... Someone help a brother out!

If you were closer we would be talking . I like nice prices

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Can those speaker grill covers be bought online?[quoted image]

https://www.kimballspinballs.com/spooky-pinball/

#3558 4 years ago

So no new code this weekend?

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So no new code this weekend?

I don’t think anyone said there was?

Maybe I’m wrong.

New code revisions (including memory fix) are being field tested at the moment.

rd

#3560 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

Quoted from poibug:

I was told in email today, after I asked them something.
Going thru the final testing now

#3561 4 years ago

Going thru final testing doesn’t mean being dropped this weekend. Not sure where poibug got the info on a definate code drop...I think he inferred it as definate and it wasn’t.

#3562 4 years ago

Welcome to the Internet.

rd

#3563 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The answer is right in front of you.
rd

Yes, I acknowledge this in my post. So my choice is to kick it up to Nightmare and just try for orbits endlessly to see new rooms and never get to fight any monsters, which I can imagine won't be really exciting, or get to battle monsters and see less rooms. The game is about battling monsters so I can't see making this harder on myself to do the main mechanic of the theme just to see the other content.

I'm aware the real answer is "get better at pinball so you can do both" but the way my life is I probably don't have the amount of time its going to take to be a real pin pro any time soon, so the suggestion to find a way to traverse all the rooms on any skill level is still relevant in my mind.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a blast to play and I'm far from raging mad about it. Im just thinking out loud in case someone who could make the changes happens to see the idea and like it, etc.

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

and just try for orbits endlessly to see new rooms and never get to fight any monsters

You can also start monsters by hitting the centre “monster” shots 3x to light the secret passage ... and also via Mystery.

So you’re not locked into just orbits.

You can also nail one of three skill shots at the start of each ball, which will also light the secret passage.
- left ramp
- right ramp
- crypt lock

rd

#3565 4 years ago

What’s the best way to wire an external sub in this game?

Is connecting speaker wire from the cabinet speaker to “line in” on a powered subwoofer OK? Similar to adding a external sub on Stern machines?

#3566 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can also start monsters by hitting the centre “monster” shots 3x to light the secret passage ... and also via Mystery.
So you’re not locked into just orbits.
You can also nail one of three skill shots at the start of each ball, which will also light the secret passage.
- left ramp
- right ramp
- crypt lock
rd

Of course. But then you start over at the beginning after the monster battle and you still don't see the deeper rooms, right?

#3567 4 years ago

Of course. But then you start over at the beginning after the monster battle and you still don't see the deeper rooms, right?

I dunno!

I just smash the orbits and beat all the monsters.

I have no idea what rooms are. Are they worth any points? If not - I’m not interested. Gimme monsters to defeat!!

rd

#3568 4 years ago

Actually, in anything but the hardest level, you never see the CLOSE (outer? Towards the Foyer?) rooms. Easy you skip the FIRST two levels of rooms. Medium you skip the FIRST level of rooms. So, on setting "Nightmare", you are actually getting to all of them - unless you use a secret passage.

#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Is connecting speaker wire from the cabinet speaker to “line in” on a powered subwoofer OK?

This is how I do it on most machines, but on Alice I disconnected the internal sub altogether and ran the wires from the amp in the cabinet directly to the external sub. One benefit of doing it this way is that you no longer have to deal with the rattle that is generated by the internal sub.

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I guess I’m still in the topper line. Reached out Day one they were announced. I was told they will tell me when mines ready... tick tock

Dallas_Pin : Just got my topper invoice today and I was a day one or two sign up as well so fear not.... They are still cranking them out as they can.

#3571 4 years ago

Ok, so quick question to compare notes... I was under the impression that the Mystery Award was always (for now) advance to monster. And from the time I got my game until last night, that was always the case.

However, last night while playing (on the medium level, not nightmare) on probably my 3rd Mystery Award of that particular game, I got "Advance Rooms" or something like that. I wasn't looking because I just expected it to be fight monster, so I cant remember exactly what it stopped at wording wise, but it was a room advance and took me to the Kitchen, which I had never seen because you do not go there on the medium level. I am assuming that is a Nightmare mode room.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten a Mystery Award that was not the monster fight? Based on everything I had read here, I thought that was always the case until a future code update, but apparently not!

Oh, and I finally got to see the stretch animation by getting the guillotine shot in the dungeon. Fun stuff, I love this game!

#3572 4 years ago

As you get multiple mystery awards it will advance thru the list...it will always start with Monster, but as you get more it will change.

#3573 4 years ago

"Advance To Monster"
"Advance 2 Rooms"
"Advance 1 Room"

Then repeat, I believe. (There MAY be a 4th one, but if so, i can't recall right now at work.)

#3574 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

As you get multiple mystery awards it will adjacencies thru the list...it will always start with Monster, but as you get more it will change.

Ah, okay! I didn't know that and it just caught me off guard. And it was strange that it took me to the kitchen which was not a room I could normally get to in that mode. That's okay, once I get a little better, it will be set at Nightmare anyway so then all rooms will be available. Thanks!

I guess I had not gotten multiple mystery awards before, or at least I didn't notice. lol

#3575 4 years ago

How do I know or does anyone know how many leds can be added to the 5v coin-door lamp circuit without having to add an additional power supply? I'm adding some colored spotlights but obviously don't want to overload the circuit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Pictured: Skull mountain with and without a blue spotlight. I love it. Really makes the side art POP!

20200126_171343 (resized).jpg20200126_171343 (resized).jpg20200126_171443 (resized).jpg20200126_171443 (resized).jpg
#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

How do I know or does anyone know how many leds can be added to the 5v coin-door lamp circuit without having to add an additional power supply? I'm adding some colored spotlights but obviously don't want to overload the circuit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Pictured: Skull mountain with and without a blue spotlight. I love it. Really makes the side art POP![quoted image][quoted image]

I think it was stated before, but I would get another small Mean Well power supply and use that instead. That way, it will also isolate your board's from potential issues by adding more LEDs..

#3577 4 years ago

Totally agree! As we get more and more lighted mods...the power supplies that are factory can’t keep up (and shouldn’t be expected to). I put a mean well in my ACNC to run my lighted mods and it works perfectly. Totally separate power supply that can’t hurt the several thousand dollar pin.

#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it was stated before, but I would get another small Mean Well power supply and use that instead. That way, it will also isolate your board's from potential issues by adding more LEDs..

Thanks. This is very helpful. Is there any way to know how many lights can be powered by, say, this:

MEAN WELL RS-50-5 AC to DC Power Supply Single Output, 5V 10 Amp 50W

What is the current draw of a typical 555 3 or 4 smd bulb? Am I overthinking this? lol sorry- I'm an electronics dunce.

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Totally agree! As we get more and more lighted mods...the power supplies that are factory can’t keep up (and shouldn’t be expected to). I put a mean well in my ACNC to run my lighted mods and it works perfectly. Totally separate power supply that can’t hurt the several thousand dollar pin.

Thanks, you raise a very good point! I'm afraid I might find a way to short a 5v circuit and fry a whole board.

#3580 4 years ago

Does anyone make a decal for the speaker panel?
Plain black looks so full when compared to the spectacular art on this pin.

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Thanks, you raise a very good point! I'm afraid I might find a way to short a 5v circuit and fry a whole board.

Been there, done that. Thus, why I am so pro external power.

#3582 4 years ago

Again, I'm going to toot the horn of Spooky's service.

Found out my left wireform had been malformed before it went into powdercoating. I never noticed until a few days ago, when I went to wax my field and noticed my balls were knickered. (Pun intended.) Started looking around, and noticed this:
atcsR9G (resized).jpgatcsR9G (resized).jpg
I contacted Spooky, asking for a price on the wireform. Technically I don't think it's 'broken', just malformed, but they went ahead and are shipping me another one. Unexpected.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

How do I know or does anyone know how many leds can be added to the 5v coin-door lamp circuit without having to add an additional power supply?

My pins are in a dark room. I too would like to add a couple of sunlight LED spotlights to highlight my custom painted castle. Apparently, the normal GI circuit cannot be used. Can someone confirm that the coin door is 5v? Where is the best location to tap into it?

Personally I don't think that this is the best solution since the GI in ACNC is part of the light-show and it would be better if the spotlights weren't on 100% of the time. Maybe some sort of GI y-cable adapter could be made? Suggestions?

IMG_4764.JPGIMG_4764.JPG
#3584 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

My pins are in a dark room. I too would like to add a couple of sunlight LED spotlights to highlight my custom painted castle. Apparently, the normal GI circuit cannot be used. Can someone confirm that the coin door is 5v? Where is the best location to tap into it?
Personally I don't think that this is the best solution since the GI in ACNC is part of the light-show and it would be better if the spotlights weren't on 100% of the time. Maybe some sort of GI y-cable adapter could be made? Suggestions?[quoted image]

See the last 10 posts or so.

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That's going to be a shirt!

You wear shirts?

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Personally I don't think that this is the best solution since the GI in ACNC is part of the light-show and it would be better if the spotlights weren't on 100% of the time. Maybe some sort of GI y-cable adapter could be made? Suggestions?[quoted image]

Very cool.
I would be all over "some sort of GI y-cable adapter".
When will some smart person make something like this? Me want.

#3587 4 years ago

I am loving my ACNC-
But i hope Cold Ethyl is tweaked
Such a bitch to be forced to keep two balls alive (crypt multiball activates after second drop, Atleast on my code, when one drains-Ethyl and crypt are toast) Think another game will be made with sculps like this?

#3588 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I am loving my ACNC-
But i hope Cold Ethyl is tweaked
Such a bitch to be forced to keep two balls alive (crypt multiball activates after second drop, Atleast on my code, when one drains-Ethyl and crypt are toast) Think another game will be made with sculps like this?

My second ball drops into the crypt during the monster mode and is ignored. Have to take the glass off and move a ball. Ball search takes forever to get to it. I'm running Version 1.0.7.0 (13-JUN-2019). Drives me nuts.

"Think another game will be made with sculps like this"
Hope so. This is what "World under glass" is all about. imo "world under glass" is what pinball is all about.

#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

My second ball drops into the crypt during the monster mode and is ignored. Have to take the glass off and move a ball. Ball search takes forever to get to it. I'm running Version 1.0.7.0 (13-JUN-2019). Drives me nuts.

Does your switch above the drop off point register?

#3590 4 years ago
#3591 4 years ago

This would be the second option. That said, I don’t think it supplies any additional power. You still run the risk of over doing the amount of power given and burn things out.

#3592 4 years ago

The board receives power from the 48v power supply then:
"Supplies up to 3 amps of current safely at 12 volts and 1/2 amp at 5 volts"

Quoted from dnapac:

This would be the second option. That said, I don’t think it supplies any additional power. You still run the risk of over doing the amount of power given and burn things out.

#3593 4 years ago

power supplies can be had for far cheaper than $50.00 it all you want to do is hook up a couple spot lights.

#3594 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

1/2 amp at 5 volts

Keep in mind that if your LEDs are of the 5v type, .5 of an amp is 500ma - you will not be able to get a LOT of LEDs connected to this before overloading the board. I believe that PinStadiums and those other types are 12v, so that gives you a little extra leeway there.

#3595 4 years ago

For games that I add a lot of mods to, I use a power relay to power them. It plugs into the service outlet and requires a trigger signal (anything that is always on when game is on) to activate it. You need this because the service outlet is on even when the game is turned off. You can then plugin some "wall warts" for whatever voltage/amps you need to power all your mods.

If you are comfortable with AC wiring you could just re-wire the service outlet (or add another outlet) to only be on when the game is switched on. I'd rather just add the power relay as its cheap, simple, keeps the game stock, and it can be easily removed if needed.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2935?gclid=CjwKCAiA1L_xBRA2EiwAgcLKA-w2NoD99ujDaXiI8LpMgZl71YsTtqgkB0PW6KpINodn3OjZUJ4_uBoCzpkQAvD_BwE

2935-13 (resized).jpg2935-13 (resized).jpg
#3596 4 years ago

With all the power talk, when I get home tonight - if I have the time - I am going to measure the current draw off the 5v and 12v rails on the power supply. Will post the details here. That will at least help people and let us know how close to max the *current* power supplies are being drawn. (No need to worry about the 48v supply..)

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

(No need to worry about the 48v supply..)

Doesn't the 48v supply have a "power budget" as well?

#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

With all the power talk, when I get home tonight - if I have the time - I am going to measure the current draw off the 5v and 12v rails on the power supply. Will post the details here. That will at least help people and let us know how close to max the *current* power supplies are being drawn. (No need to worry about the 48v supply..)

That’d be good info! Even if the 48v isn’t a concern, anytime you’re messing with hooking/unhooking into the power supply, there is a chance for error...burning stuff out. Thus why it voids Spooky’s warranty. Additional Mean Wells are about $20...for me, it’s worth it to avoid damage to my $8000 machine (yes, I know it won’t cause $8k in damage, but can run several hundred dollars and a big headache).

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doesn't the 48v supply have a "power budget" as well?

Yeah, but the coils aren't a *continuous* draw. (Except for a few, like the magnets - but even then the draw is no more than one or two seconds). For those that pulse, the draw would be less than their 100% on draw as well. Things that really pulse (the LED speakers, start button, launch button) are driven off of +12v, so they wouldn't affect this.

All coils firing at the same time would likely blow the power supply, yes. So, how would a good benchark reading be on it? Only 1 coil firing? 2? 4? Half?

With the +5v and +12v, LEDs and the boards run off of those, so that there is at least a constant draw. When I measure the draw, I will do it with all GI and Inserts on white (so the R, G, and B channels are all drawing power). When reading the +12, I will try to get it with the Start, backbox, Launch button lights all lit up too.

Quoted from dnapac:

Additional Mean Wells are about $20...for me, it’s worth it to avoid damage to my $8000 machine

Yup, i agree completely. As someone who lost the smaller power supply after the first game played on it, I am still curious about what's being drawn off of it.

#3600 4 years ago
402E4D22-C554-4A02-84BC-BFA17A5C1BC7 (resized).jpeg402E4D22-C554-4A02-84BC-BFA17A5C1BC7 (resized).jpegB94D6B76-5E11-4316-847A-BC468980422C (resized).jpegB94D6B76-5E11-4316-847A-BC468980422C (resized).jpegC6283F4E-7AF0-4071-B25E-5416A8850888 (resized).jpegC6283F4E-7AF0-4071-B25E-5416A8850888 (resized).jpegEEB70E0D-6C64-4E33-B719-5122A2526BAC (resized).jpegEEB70E0D-6C64-4E33-B719-5122A2526BAC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/72?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.