(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 161.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

I very half-heartedly opened the machine up. I barely could figure out how to slide the whole thing up and out of the way. Upon confirming I really have no business touching anything under the hood, I sent them an email.

Remove the back glass and check the fuse on the lower right inside. This fuse is for all three servos... The ball diverter servo behind Frank, the servo that makes Frank move up and down and the guillotine servo. If it is blown, then one of these servos probably is blown and needs replacement. My diverter servo was bad and Spooky sent a new one with a video on how to repair it. It was very easy to do. Do not replace this fuse with a larger one.

#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

shoot an email over to [email protected] if you don't get it figured out.

Yup. Spooky already returned my email. Fuse looks fine. One connection was not all the way on. Looked ok but I undid it all the way and then re-hooked it up and bingo! Frank is hiding again, ready to steal my balls.

Side note, the connector that was loose was the one on the right side of the board, with the green, red, and white wires in case this happens to you.

Spooky service is really great!

al (resized).jpgal (resized).jpg
#3503 4 years ago

Had to share my new topper mod!

20200122_191646 (resized).jpg20200122_191646 (resized).jpg
#3504 4 years ago

I haven't had most of the issues that have been reported but I have seen a few code bugs that I wanted to mention to Spooky...

1) At least 50% of the time when I light Mystery on the scoop and make the shot, nothing happens.

2) I've completed Pit Creature several times (and within a minute or two) and the time doesn't register in the high scores under Speed Run. It is stuck on Spooky 240 seconds.

3) When a game ends, the display shows the graphic for Crypt Multi-ball.

Overall, solid game in my opinion. I can't wait for the updated rules!

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Had to share my new topper mod![quoted image]

I'm curious as to how many ACNC toppers Spooky has sold.

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I bought one! Love it! Blew it up, and Spooky is helping me get it fixed...12v doesn’t play nice with 5v.

#3507 4 years ago

I got on the list. The Minions are making them one at a time after hours. But no money asked until yours is on the line. So no pressure to get on the list. Wish I would have done it sooner.

#3508 4 years ago

Topper checking in.

658D555D-28E1-4D1B-A681-96165D109785 (resized).jpeg658D555D-28E1-4D1B-A681-96165D109785 (resized).jpeg

#3509 4 years ago

And another...

20200122_203813 (resized).jpg20200122_203813 (resized).jpg
#3510 4 years ago

I guess I’m still in the topper line. Reached out Day one they were announced. I was told they will tell me when mines ready... tick tock

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is true, but my gut says there will be some big changes as well as fixes (memory leak). I could be wrong, but I think this will be one of the last, if not the last code update for ACNC.

Don't understand why this would have to be the last update. Fawzma is not on R&M so he can still work on stuff...

#3512 4 years ago

At some point soon he will have to start working on spookys next game. It takes a while to code a game.

Quoted from Jackalwere:

Don't understand why this would have to be the last update. Fawzma is not on R&M so he can still work on stuff...

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I guess I’m still in the topper line. Reached out Day one they were announced. I was told they will tell me when mines ready... tick tock

You may want to follow up on that. I bought my ACNC new after the toppers were being made already and asked to buy a topper with my game. They shipped together. It didnt sound at the time that there was a line for them.

#3514 4 years ago

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You may want to follow up on that. I bought my ACNC new after the toppers were being made already and asked to buy a topper with my game. They shipped together. It didnt sound at the time that there was a line for them.

Spoke with Squirrel last week and was told I would have to get in line. Didn't give me any estimate on timeframe...but I'm thinking it may be a while.

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

....what

#3517 4 years ago

I was told in email today, after I asked them something.
Going thru the final testing now

#3518 4 years ago

New code? Woot woot!

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

Damn, I have to go visit family this weekend. Hope it drops tomorrow! We leave Saturday

#3520 4 years ago

I haven't touched any of my other pins since picking up ACNC a few weeks ago. Looking forward to the code drop!!

#3521 4 years ago

Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend (other than working on my Sorcerer)

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Spoke with Squirrel last week and was told I would have to get in line. Didn't give me any estimate on timeframe...but I'm thinking it may be a while.

I've been on the list since a day or so after the announcement too. It seems like many they made went to people who wanted them that had machines on order that hadn't been shipped yet.... Probably helped reduce shipping costs. Since ACNCs run is done, I imagine the remaining people on the list will get slowly addressed as time permits.

I've been told that I'll get one, but no time estimate.... Just that I'm on the list. Trying to be patient

#3523 4 years ago

What?! Code!? Sweet!

Please have the rooms added....

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Please have the rooms added....

"Rooms added"? What rooms are missing?

#3525 4 years ago

They said that this code update would address bugs, memory leak and important issues and later updates would do the fun stuff. They are not about to add new features without correcting the existing problems first.

#3526 4 years ago

He did say "lots of goodness " as well as memory leak fix

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Cool jackpot callouts?!?!

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

It sounded as though there was a lot to come, I would be surprised if it was a single and final update.

#3529 4 years ago

NZ Champs this weekend - guess I'll be waiting till Monday to play with the new firmware

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

"Rooms added"? What rooms are missing?

My understanding is there aren't rooms missing, just things to do in those rooms as you work your way through the Castle. Think stretch points in the dungeon.

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

My understanding is there aren't rooms missing, just things to do in those rooms as you work your way through the Castle. Think stretch points in the dungeon.

Oh, I know about that, but he specifically said "have the rooms added", which is what I was curious to find out what he actually meant.

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Oh, I know about that, but he specifically said "have the rooms added", which is what I was curious to find out what he actually meant.

Well, the rooms currently are non-functional other than the dungeon, so it's semantics, but I'd say if they aren't functionally coded then they are simply placeholders.

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

At some point soon he will have to start working on spookys next game. It takes a while to code a game.

Yeah but it's going to be 18 months before they can get another game into production.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

When playing on factory settings you skip rooms on your way up to the monster, so maybe just doesn't realize the rooms are in there. I thought some were missing for the longest time til a mystery award put me in the kitchen. I would like to see the room travel mixed up a little bit so it doesn't feel like i jumped out the window and back through the front door with each monster

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

When playing on factory settings you skip rooms on your way up to the monster, so maybe just doesn't realize the rooms are in there. I thought some were missing for the longest time til a mystery award put me in the kitchen. I would like to see the room travel mixed up a little bit so it doesn't feel like i jumped out the window and back through the front door with each monster

Yah, that was my thought perhaps - the difficulty level is what adjusts this.

May talk with @kingpingames and see about getting descriptions for settings up in the manual, a-la 90s WPC manuals.

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yah, that was my thought perhaps - the difficulty level is what adjusts this.
May talk with @kingpingames and see about getting descriptions for settings up in the manual, a-la 90s WPC manuals.

It's on the agenda once code is polished up.

#3537 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It's on the agenda once code is polished up.

Ah, good. I have a screenshot to share with you later this weekend. May be helpful.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It sounded as though there was a lot to come, I would be surprised if it was a single and final update.

If they see this though to the end, this will be the all time greatest game in history. Atleast imho. Cant wait!!!

#3539 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, good. I have a screenshot to share with you later this weekend. May be helpful.

for sure. thank you

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

If they see this though to the end, this will be the all time greatest game in history. Atleast imho. Cant wait!!!

Certainly one of the greatest!

#3541 4 years ago

Soooooo...... did someone mention some new code for the weekend?

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Exactly this. The way it is setup now is you have to have it on the hardest level to have the ability to see all the rooms walking through the castle using the orbits.

I am playing on Easy Action so I miss even more rooms, seeing just 2 rooms each monster run. That kinda sucks. But my choice is skip some rooms playing on easy so I can fight more monsters (and still get no where near beating the machine) or have the ability to see all the rooms but not anyways because hitting those orbits is too tough.

I though if they had just a long hall that never ends with only 2 columns and no matter which orbit you hit you advance one level would be cooler than starting over again in the court yard every time. If you hit a skill shot you advance as well. The difficulty just determines how many rooms you have have between monster encounters, so on hard its 4 rooms navigated, medium 3 rooms, and easy 2 rooms and it doesn't matter the order or if you are on the left or right side of the hall.

Pretty sure spooky isn't going to redesign this but maybe they can make an option to have the rooms appear in random order or something for those of us stuck seeing the same 3 rooms on easy level, kinda getting bored with them.

A good idea?

#3543 4 years ago

I am playing on Easy Action so I miss even more rooms,

seeing the same 3 rooms, kinda getting bored with them.

The answer is right in front of you.

rd

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Weekend code drop.
Can't wait

#3545 4 years ago

Any one know when this weekend This code will drop? So stoked!!

#3546 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Any one know when this weekend This code will drop? So stoked!!

Nothing was promised from Spooky formally, an email conversation was hinting to a possibility this weekend.

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nothing was promised from Spooky formally, an email conversation was hinting to a possibility this weekend.

Yup, Still in testing then.
I can wait, whether 6 hours, 6 days...
When they are happy we will get it

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Had to share my new topper mod![quoted image]

Can those speaker grill covers be bought online?

spooky (resized).jpgspooky (resized).jpg
#3549 4 years ago

I love the Spooky peeps and I know they’re stupidly busy on R&M - but it wouldn’t be a bad idea, PR-wise, to still pop up in here every now and then.

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I love the Spooky peeps and I know they’re stupidly busy on R&M - but it wouldn’t be a bad idea, PR-wise, to still pop up in here every now and then.

I reckon the brand new manual and constant help from KingPinGames is more than enough “spooky” representation. What do you want them to say? “We’re creating a new code” every 2 weeks? Enjoy your game and it’ll be here before ya know it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.