(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 161.
#3451 4 years ago

Got thanks! Hey did you guys notice there’s a mystery Seward that says go to jail? What do you guys think that will mean? Also what happens after strechingomg the dude in the dungeon more than once?

#3452 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:Got thanks! Hey did you guys notice there’s a mystery Seward that says go to jail? What do you guys think that will mean? Also what happens after strechingomg the dude in the dungeon more than once?

Some are jokes, like "Tilt next player." TNA has some good ones too, like Lionman!

#3453 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Got thanks! Hey did you guys notice there’s a mystery Seward that says go to jail? What do you guys think that will mean? Also what happens after strechingomg the dude in the dungeon more than once?

I did it twice once. The guillotine captured and chopped the ball.

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So this is my family’s first modern pinball machine and we’re having a blast on this game!!

I know we’re close to another code update and we’ve never experienced a code update before. What’s that experience like? Does it usually feel pretty substantial? Like wow there’s been a ton added! What kind of stuff usually changes?

#3455 4 years ago

Depends on the update. Could be minor fixes... things that you might not notice. Or it could completely rewrite the entire feel of the game, from lighting, sounds, and call outs to rules.

No idea what Spooky has planned, here. Charlie has been saying there’s lots of code goodness on the way. But, they’ve also seemed to indicate that substantial polish may not happen until they release an update that fixes some substantial bugs.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

So this is my family’s first modern pinball machine and we’re having a blast on this game!!
I know we’re close to another code update and we’ve never experienced a code update before. What’s that experience like? Does it usually feel pretty substantial? Like wow there’s been a ton added! What kind of stuff usually changes?

Usually just minor code fixes and tweaks. Very seldom do you get a game changing code update like what Ghostbusters or Game of Thrones got recently.

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Usually just minor code fixes and tweaks. Very seldom do you get a game changing code update like what Ghostbusters or Game of Thrones got recently.

This is true, but my gut says there will be some big changes as well as fixes (memory leak). I could be wrong, but I think this will be one of the last, if not the last code update for ACNC.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is true, but my gut says there will be some big changes as well as fixes (memory leak). I could be wrong, but I think this will be one of the last, if not the last code update for ACNC.

I’m getting that feeling too... Does Spooky has the bulk resources to continue to throw weight behind the game as it moves forward? One would think not, but hard to say. Hopefully this update adds some fun new layers.

#3459 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i removed the line "Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually."
perhaps you there was still an older version in the cache. i just double checked it. was there a different line you were referring to?

No it's gone now.

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Some are jokes, like "Tilt next player." TNA has some good ones too, like Lionman!

I still don't know what Lionman is supposed to mean?

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Also what happens after strechingomg the dude in the dungeon more than once?

Quoted from dnapac:

It always captures and chops the ball on second and tenth chop. Nothing to do with Dungeon stretching.
I've had at least 3 stretches in a row and it just awards points. You will be awarded 1,000,000 stretch points for each successful guillotine shot.

#3462 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I still don't know what Lionman is supposed to mean?

A callout from Swords of Fury, Scott Danesi's favorite pinball machine.

#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

A callout from Swords of Fury, Scott Danesi's favorite pinball machine.

That's what I thought!
I also like that game! But that Lionman call out gets annoying fast!

#3464 4 years ago

Another question then... Ive been in the dungeon and see the guy on the screen. But people keep talking about stretching him. How do you do that? Is there an easter egg shot that does something when you are in that room?

#3465 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Another question then... Ive been in the dungeon and see the guy on the screen. But people keep talking about stretching him. How do you do that? Is there an easter egg shot that does something when you are in that room?

When you're in the dungeon, just get to upper playfield and shoot the guillotine. Stretch points will be awarded.

#3466 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

When you're in the dungeon, just get to upper playfield and shoot the guillotine. Stretch points will be awarded.

Ah thanks! Either haven't made that shot while in the dungeon or haven't seen it. Need to keep an eye out for it now!

#3467 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ah thanks! Either haven't made that shot while in the dungeon or haven't seen it. Need to keep an eye out for it now!

I want to see an activity in each room like this!

#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I want to see an activity in each room like this!

Yes!!!!!!!!!

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Where does it say chop?

Quoted from dnapac:

?? I thought that was lighting SAVE outlanes.

Yeah sorry “ chop” is on Rob Zombie and is used like “save” on Alice Cooper.

#3470 4 years ago

Tested last night. 1,000,000 dungeon stretch points are awarded for each successful guillotine shot. This didn't increase with consecutive shots.

#3471 4 years ago

More on BDB. When activated. Green or blue shots gives you a little more time and you “run” toward the tower. As you complete shots they turn red. If you hit one of those Red shots, you lose life (you only have so much...don’t backtrack on your run toward the tower). If you hit a scoop, you have the option to “cash out” (get a bunch of points and escape), or to keep running toward the tower. There is a 10 second timer to make up your mind. I cashed out, got a ton of points and escaped. My wife decided to keep running, the main timer timed out and Alice showed up and captured her...no points, no tower, no escape. Either way, flippers go dead and you are done. I haven’t made it to the tower yet, so not sure what happens when you “escape” this way. I’m sure this isn’t 100% correct, but the more we get there, the more we understand.

#3472 4 years ago

SPOILERS!

#3473 4 years ago

I hope they add a option in the menu to not have the game in when you complete BDB. If I get to that point I'd like to see how far I could keep going, not just end, but I understand why Bowen wants it that way.

#3474 4 years ago

so, here it is.
Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"[quoted image]

THANK you, by the way!

#3475 4 years ago

Sorry. BDB is hard enough to get to (only got there with co-op). The first time I made I was very excited and all of sudden it shut down and drained. Now I understand a little more on why. I’m not sure I’ll ever make it there solo...I only made it to “In the Zone” 1 time in eight years of owning the game. I thought I’d share some insights to give that rare time of getting there a chance at beating it, or at least the fun of kinda knowing what to do. I’ll preface any additional info with “SPOILER ALERT”

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry. BDB is hard enough to get to (only got there with co-op). The first time I made I was very excited and all of sudden it shut down and drained. Now I understand a little more on why. I’m not sure I’ll ever make it there solo...I only made it to “In the Zone” 1 time in eight years of owning the game. I thought I’d share some insights to give that rare time of getting there a chance at beating it, or at least the fun of kinda knowing what to do. I’ll preface any additional info with “SPOILER ALERT”

Oh, I know. I'm also kinda tongue in cheek. The CLOSEST I've gotten to BDB has been.. 7 monsters. Eventually, i will get there, but.. it'll be a fun path trying to.

#3477 4 years ago

so, here it is.

Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you

#3478 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

THANK you, by the way!

it was actually your diagram and sheet that gave me the motivation to get it finished. it has been done for a bit now, but need to be proofed and verified. Rick and Morty (I still want to call it Haunted House Party) did delay that a bit.

Thank you!

#3479 4 years ago

Have most people changed rubbers at this point? I have about 650 plays on my game, and I've always hated how bouncy the factory (pinball life silicone) rubbers are. I'm not alone in feeling this way as every person who has played my ACNC has made comment about it. I finally bought a set of glow titans. I have only swapped out the flippers, but these are a huge improvement imo. The Titans are much less bouncy and overall much more controllable. I'm in the middle of finishing up a restoration of Theatre of Magic, but after that is complete, I'm going to do the full swap.

I put down a deposit on R&M, and now I'm starting to wonder if Spooky would factory install Titans if I sent them over. I hate to be a pain, but the Pinball Life rubbers just seem awful by comparison. I'm also curious if Spooky has ever considered making a change for all production. I get the loyalty to Pinball Life (I buy a lot there too), but if it reflects negatively on their games as a result is it worth it? I'm really curious how people will react to my ACNC after the swap. After just the flipper swap, I feel like the shots are more hittable and the ball is overall much more controllable.

#3480 4 years ago

Many, MANY thanks to Coyote for his regular insight/support and to KingPinGames for the many hours invested to provide ACNC owners with a proper manual - you both should be hands-down TWIPY winners in my book!

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Have most people changed rubbers at this point? I have about 650 plays on my game, and I've always hated how bouncy the factory (pinball life silicone) rubbers are. I'm not alone in feeling this way as every person who has played my ACNC has made comment about it. I finally bought a set of glow titans. I have only swapped out the flippers, but these are a huge improvement imo. The Titans are much less bouncy and overall much more controllable. I'm in the middle of finishing up a restoration of Theatre of Magic, but after that is complete, I'm going to do the full swap.
I put down a deposit on R&M, and now I'm starting to wonder if Spooky would factory install Titans if I sent them over. I hate to be a pain, but the Pinball Life rubbers just seem awful by comparison. I'm also curious if Spooky has ever considered making a change for all production. I get the loyalty to Pinball Life (I buy a lot there too), but if it reflects negatively on their games as a result is it worth it? I'm really curious how people will react to my ACNC after the swap. After just the flipper swap, I feel like the shots are more hittable and the ball is overall much more controllable.

Spooky’s pretty helpful...just ask. If they don’t have time, no biggie. As far as the bouncy...I don’t mind. Yah, others have mentioned it, but it’s a preference thing. I find it more challenging that way...although, my wife will probably make me change the flippers...happy wife, happy life.

#3482 4 years ago

so, here it is.
Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"[quoted image]

My wife and I love the JJ Pirates and Dialed In rules posters you made. She even covered our vacation photos with them on the wall. I was hoping this was another one of those.

#3483 4 years ago

it was actually your diagram and sheet that gave me the motivation to get it finished. it has been done for a bit now, but need to be proofed and verified. Rick and Morty (I still want to call it Haunted House Party) did delay that a bit.
Thank you!I'm glad that my work kicked you in the ass to finish it up. I like how you did the lights. I was going to tackle that next, before you contacted me.

Many, MANY thanks to coyote for his regular insight/support and to kingpingames for the many hours invested to provide ACNC owners with a proper manual - you both should be hands-down TWIPY winners in my book!

I seriously wanna see Spooky succeed. I will volunteer all my time helpin' out here. With personal experience with the computer and software, I lean more towards that area. But by no means am I paid or given recognition by Spooky in anything I help with, which is why a few times I had to end with, 'Uh, contact Spooky Support - I don't know that.'.

I wasn't able to preorder an R&M, since I got my ACNC so late, and I gotta build up finances. However, I was greatly pleased about seeing Spooky do R&M was not nexessarily the theme in particular, but the fact that.. it's NOT a "Horror" pin. I like horror, but.. not as much as the next guy. I was worried that their lineup would be 99% games I had no interest in because of the running theme.

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I love the JJ Pirates and Dialed In rules posters you made. She even covered our vacation photos with them on the wall. I was hoping this was another one of those.

Ha, I didn't make those, I just took what JJP offered and put my logo on it.

#3485 4 years ago

Hi
I’m considering this pin for purchase.
Love the theme and the dots and art.
But I have read in the reviews and in this topic some issues.
What do you the owners think about the game. Thanks for your help in advance.
Bart

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi
Bart

It is my favorite game in my lineup, and that is with the small minor issues that are currently in the game. The new code is supposed to drop any time now and will address most if not all of the minor issues the game has. The game is that good...

#3487 4 years ago

Hi
Bart

Honestly, bet modern game I have. (Non-modern is my Twilight Zone , but I'm biased.)

#3488 4 years ago

Hi
Bart

Here is my full review. I love the game!

Full disclosure, I'm an owner, so if you think my rating is biased move along. That said, I am attempting to give my objective opinion based on my experience after a few days of play and maybe 25 games before getting my game.

Game Design:
The playfield layout is packed with shots, and that definitely makes it challenging. There are moments when you are hitting shots and moments when you are hitting posts. I really like the dual access to the upper playfield area, and the shots up there. There is a lot going on and different ways to play the upper. To that point the game rules really mesh with the shots up there. The Alice Cooper mode is pretty tough, but I like that it's not timed since making a ramp shot, trapping up on the upper, then making the guillotine shot is not easy. One of my other favorite parts of the playfield layout is the variety of ways the ball returns, although I think it's tough for first timer players of the game because of not knowing where to expect the return (my girlfriend mentioned this). It just gives the feel that you are lost in some haunted mansion. I would have given perfect marks on everything, but I think some consideration has to be given because of the super tight shots. I had a friend over who is a much better player than me (flipping AC for his first time) and he seemed pretty frustrated with hitting posts. But I do think that will improve over time for those who aren't turned off immediately by the challenge because once you start hitting those shots it's super gratifying! Overall, Bowen is killing it with the rules. I have a friend who played the early code and hated it, but after playing the most recent code it's loving it (even talking about buying).

Artwork:
Just my humble opinion, but I think this is the best artwork on a pinball machine possibly ever. Zornow just killed it with this comicization of Alice Cooper! I also went with the butter cab which I think is a must. I've never seen anything like it on a pinball machine. You can actually feel the texture of the art, and the gloss makes everything pop like nothing I've ever seen. (Yes, I'm starting to sound like a giant fanboy. With good cause though I assure you). Anyone that doesn't believe just swing by my house and check it out. Plus it's an actual backglass, not a translight. The animations are perfectly tied in with the game play (navigating through the castle looks awesome), plus the animations look very close to the art on the cab (same aesthetic).

Sounds and Music
I've never listened to AC much, but the song integration is excellent. They didn't just make it a pinball jukebox like a lot of music themed pins (not that I mind that...love MET, ACDC, and KISS). But to me the music seems second to the theme. I like Cooper's dry comments (Ex: when loading a third player, "ohhhh I didn't think you had that many friends"). To me it fits really well, especially how it starts off very dry and dismissing of the player, but as you progress or make progress on a mode AC has a sense of worry in his comments. The only reason I wasn't perfect here is with the modes that don't have a timer, the song can just play on repeat which can be pretty repetitive.

Other Aspects:
The game lighting is amazing (see example Cold Ethyl mode or the Insects mode). For me the toughness of the shots, great rules, and amazing art will keep it in my collection for a long time. I didn't give it a perfect rating on fun because in the moments you can't find the shots, it's highly frustrating.

Lastly, manufacturer:

I know this isn't on the pinside list of things to rate, but I have to give massive props to Spooky. I was a little concerned that there could be quality issues seeing all the complaints in the past, but mine plays perfectly out of the box. I have seen Stern and JJP setups that didn't go nearly as smoothly as setting up ACNC did for me. I'm beyond impressed with the quality, and I think Spooky deserves huge praise for this game. The fact I can send an email to Charlie is just something you'll never get with any other company. The care their small team/family puts into it is clear, and I think they are doing amazing things for pinball as a whole. Ok....now I'm just fanboying, but it's true. They've made massive strides since AMH and some of their early offerings. Alright...I'm done telling you how awesome it is. Just go play one and decide for yourself!

#3489 4 years ago

Hi
Bart

i have a couple in stock and ready to go. both stock and ones with interior art and scary blue powdercoat.

[email protected]

#3490 4 years ago

Hi
Bart

My favorite game by far. Build quality and service are top notch. That said, if you’re new to pin, it’s a tough shooter. It will definitely make you a better player. It’s so much fun though, and the screen graphics, light show, and rules are awesome! Yah, there’s a few hiccups, but EVERY pin has those...it’s pinball. This is a pin meant to be in home due to difficulty (IMHO)...or on location with people who like to put some time on a pin. That said, my young nephews love the pin due to the graphics, sounds, and light show...they could care less on the rules or how easy/hard a shot is.

#3491 4 years ago

My favorite game as well!
Awesome package all around. Sites and sounds are a thrill and it has fantastic replayability!

#3492 4 years ago

I agree with the above posts on how great looking, sounding, and shooting this game is. I have never listened to Alice Cooper much, but I really like the music and sounds on this game.

It was touched on before, but the most refreshing thing to me is that the modes are really NOT timed. Of course there are some hurry-ups and the timer is running for speed runs, but I am so tired of 30-second modes in pinball. Here I can enjoy the modes without feeling any rush if I miss a shot. Plus the modes can be active for minutes at a time so they have more depth. Which is important since many shots are not easy. So thank you to Bowen and Spooky for doing this.

I predict once Rick and Morty is in players’ hands, a lot of people will see how good a game Spooky can make and ACNC will become a sleeper hit and get the respect it deserves.

#3493 4 years ago

Wow thank you everyone for your info!
You guys are awesome !

#3494 4 years ago

Hi guys.

Just recently got my Alice, and noticed in utilities that the date was wrong as it was showing 2021,and it was a day early.
So I set it to correct date, it said it was saving new date then rebooted.
But it was still showing the original 2021 date after rebooting. Tried it a couple of times

This a known bug and the same for everyone else?

Thanks

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Hi guys.
Just recently got my Alice, and noticed in utilities that the date was wrong as it was showing 2021,and it was a day early.
So I set it to correct date, it said it was saving new date then rebooted.
But it was still showing the original 2021 date after rebooting. Tried it a couple of times
This a known bug and the same for everyone else?
Thanks

It is 2021

jk... haven't heard of this issue.

#3496 4 years ago

Hi
Bart

I just realized you are in KCMO. If you ever get down the Wichita way, just hit me up and you can stop by to play ACNC. Could help you make your mind up.

#3497 4 years ago

Well, today my guillotine stopped in the down position. The blade is down and the little foam platform that lowers down to simulate the ball being chopped is also in the lower position but still in the position where it holds the ball. Basically when I chopped the ball it did not let the ball go and now the ball is stuck there. (I got the ball out but the guillotine is still stuck in this position which means I can't play).

Also, Frank is stuck in the up position.

I'm an IT guy. I tried restarting the machine but that did nothing.

Any ideas out there?

This stinks. I am not a hard core pin guy and I really go no business doing much inside this machine...

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Well, today my guillotine stopped in the down position. The blade is down and the little foam platform that lowers down to simulate the ball being chopped is also in the lower position but still in the position where it holds the ball. Basically when I chopped the ball it did not let the ball go and now the ball is stuck there. (I got the ball out but the guillotine is still stuck in this position which means I can't play).
Any ideas out there?
This stinks. I am not a hard core pin guy and I really go no business doing much inside this machine...

Check connections and fuses. You could 1st do a servo test in the service menu...just to see if they will move or reset. If they don’t, do what I suggested first.

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Any ideas out there?

shoot an email over to [email protected] if you don't get it figured out.

#3500 4 years ago

shoot an email over to [email protected] if you don't get it figured out.

I very half-heartedly opened the machine up. I barely could figure out how to slide the whole thing up and out of the way. Upon confirming I really have no business touching anything under the hood, I sent them an email.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/70?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.