(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 160.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That butter is so fucking gorgeous!

Yes it is...then you start playing and
“Are you shitting me?” comes to mind.
Freakin neat!!!

#252 4 years ago

That butter is like a piece of art!! Glad I splurged...this is turning out to be an epic game!

#253 4 years ago

Another couple positives:

No sucker shots
Outlanes are FAIR

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That’s gotta be a butter cab, right?

Yes sir!

I hate that I have it against a wall right now. The other side is gorgeous as well. This is a showpiece.

#255 4 years ago

Someone post some videos of gameplay already please!

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I will if I get someone over who can play pinball, I pretty much suck

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

in his two recorded appearances at TPF, bowen arguably showed you everything ACNC has to offer at this time. 9 monster modes [each followed by its own 30 second frenzy/victory scoring session, followed by a pot shot at the hurry up target], an in-progress wizard mode, and two multiballs. for now, there is nothing more to see. what exactly do you hope to garner from additional gameplay videos?
shallowhal01 (resized).jpgshallowhal01 (resized).jpg

#258 4 years ago

No worries, just thought some of you proud owners would be sharing some gameplay. Wow.

#259 4 years ago

It's the journey not the destination. Many of us like to see gameplay from different sources.

Quoted from greenhornet:

in his two recorded appearances at TPF, bowen arguably showed you everything ACNC has to offer at this time. 9 monster modes [each followed by its own 30 second frenzy/victory scoring session, followed by a pot shot at the hurry up target], an in-progress wizard mode, and two multiballs. for now, there is nothing more to see. what exactly do you hope to garner from additional gameplay videos?
[quoted image]

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's the journey not the destination. Many of us like to see gameplay from different sources.

Once again. Ignore the brown hornet.

Pretty much all his posts can be summed up like....

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpg
#261 4 years ago

Looking for confirmation that there is no coin box that ships with ACNC. I assume not as there was a leg box which had the legs, balls, power cord, small bag with a few extra LED PCBs and an info sheet. There is no limited number cert or plaque etc...

Unfortunately the delivery fellow who brought this across the border had a hassle with this and another pin where the border super cops demanded that the boxes be opened and the metal straps cut from the skid. All to confirm that what was on the box was in fact what was in the box. Certainly ruined part of my NIB unopening opportunity all to ensure that we aren't trying to get away with paying less sales tax than we should be. Other countries worry about drugs, not in this case... Oh, you have a 'pinball machine', what title? What's the value?, where's it from? Please unlock you phone so we can look everything over...

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Looking for confirmation that there is no coin box that ships with ACNC. I assume not as there was a leg box which had the legs, balls, power cord, small bag with a few extra LED PCBs and an info sheet. There is no limited number cert or plaque etc...
Unfortunately the delivery fellow who brought this across the border had a hassle with this and another pin where the border super cops demanded that the boxes be opened and the metal straps cut from the skid. All to confirm that what was on the box was in fact what was in the box. Certainly ruined part of my NIB unopening opportunity all to ensure that we aren't trying to get away with paying less sales tax than we should be. Other countries worry about drugs, not in this case... Oh, you have a 'pinball machine', what title? What's the value?, where's it from? Please unlock you phone so we can look everything over...

Coin box and lid was an option, at least at the time I placed a deposit.

Add ons and Upgrades .....

Operators - Bill acceptor coin door is a $20 upgrade. Coin mechs are $8 each. Coin box and lid are $25.

#263 4 years ago

Mine did not come with a coin box. Correct, the goodies and extra RGB LED’s and things are in that rectangular box.
Coin mechs were an option, cash box was not that i am aware of...

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

greenhornet made it clear in the other thread before being banned that he has no interest in the game, won't buy one, yet continues to exhibit obsessive behaviors for both the game and those who opt to buy one. Now interjecting into the club thread.... get some professional help, GH.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow! What people go through to get pins in other countries. I kinda take it for granted...plus the extra cost. I worry about one shipping company forking my game, but other places, it’s so much more complex. I think this is such a great pin. Hope you’re happy with it! Enjoy!

#266 4 years ago

No mention of coinbox as an option here although I do have coin mechs.

https://www.nitropinball.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-deposit.html

We opted for all options (mirror instead of art blades though), would have added the box, having selected everything else

#267 4 years ago

I believe the coinbox is the same as almost every other solid-state machine.

See if you can find these parts in-country, or if somewhere like PinballLife will ship USPS to avoid ridiculous import duties.
Box: 545-5090-00
Lid: 535-5013-03
Lock Pin (optional): 535-7772-00
Lock Bracket (optional): 535-7562-00

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That sucks. Taxes blow especially in Europe.

#269 4 years ago

Alice likes his Alice Nightmare Castle.
From Spooky FB.

AD25BD1E-BCA9-4046-8586-CCA93E5C71A0 (resized).jpegAD25BD1E-BCA9-4046-8586-CCA93E5C71A0 (resized).jpegC96B2E9D-F9E7-41B7-8995-9E08ADE58A63 (resized).jpegC96B2E9D-F9E7-41B7-8995-9E08ADE58A63 (resized).jpegD983D9A7-4CFD-4F6B-8CF8-A608990ED1F6 (resized).jpegD983D9A7-4CFD-4F6B-8CF8-A608990ED1F6 (resized).jpegDCDB3ED2-34C2-4C78-9C8F-5BA8B19B26A2 (resized).jpegDCDB3ED2-34C2-4C78-9C8F-5BA8B19B26A2 (resized).jpeg
#270 4 years ago

Good to see Fawzma recognized too.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Good to see Fawzma recognized too.

I’m pretty sure that’s David Van Es is that picture. He’s the animator.

#272 4 years ago

So cool. Great pics. Thanks for sharing!!!! Game is amazing. One of the best art packages in my collection of games.

#273 4 years ago

2 Alice Cooper machines at MGC in Kingpins area !

#274 4 years ago

Just sharing a few thoughts after having played the game over the last few days.

Mylar at a minimum (none included): drop from ethyl, to crypt lock, two habitrail drops to inlanes and likely the upper pf front edges, center ball drain and ball trough (there is a small protector for the top of the trough eject

If the there was a PF protector I would love to have had it right away. There is a lot of ball action in the center of the main pf resulting in dimpling.

I have to adjust the coil for the ball launch as it is sitting too high on the ball, but is centered left to right. This is affecting the autolaunch as the ball often only makes it to the start/top of the right orbit. I haven't looked to see how to adjust. Sent in a service email but they are busy I'm sure.

The magnet save, has been hit/miss so I am slowly trying the 3 or 4 'pattern' options in the menu. I haven't looked anywhere to see what the patterns do or 'look liked' but I'm sure that this will come up in the future. The magnet always grabs the ball, there is a haunting light and sound show and sometimes the ball just drops. There is a ball save of course.

The last this that comes to mind right now is the left habitrail, the ball will often bounce out of it at the end, resulting in a left outlane drain. I will check level etc... It would be nice if the code would allow for a ball save, should be doable as there is a switch when leaving the upper pf.

I'm learning the shots, they're definitely fun and is helping my game. Flipper flailing won't result in great games. Surprisingly, even with the learning curve my girlfriend loves this pin. She is just 'meh' on our POTC LE, which is also surprising. I think what is also helping with ACNC is that the outlanes are somewhat protected by the posts and rubbers around it so there are actually less outlane drains IMO. The healthy ball saves throughout also makes for an enjoyable game!

Can't wait until we get back on this after work tonight.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Just sharing a few thoughts after having played the game over the last few days.
Mylar at a minimum (none included): drop from ethyl, to crypt lock, two habitrail drops to inlanes and likely the upper pf front edges, center ball drain and ball trough (there is a small protector for the top of the trough eject
If the there was a PF protector I would love to have had it right away. There is a lot of ball action in the center of the main pf resulting in dimpling.
I have to adjust the coil for the ball launch as it is sitting too high on the ball, but is centered left to right. This is affecting the autolaunch as the ball often only makes it to the start/top of the right orbit. I haven't looked to see how to adjust. Sent in a service email but they are busy I'm sure.
The magnet save, has been hit/miss so I am slowly trying the 3 or 4 'pattern' options in the menu. I haven't looked anywhere to see what the patterns do or 'look liked' but I'm sure that this will come up in the future. The magnet always grabs the ball, there is a haunting light and sound show and sometimes the ball just drops. There is a ball save of course.
The last this that comes to mind right now is the left habitrail, the ball will often bounce out of it at the end, resulting in a left outlane drain. I will check level etc... It would be nice if the code would allow for a ball save, should be doable as there is a switch when leaving the upper pf.
I'm learning the shots, they're definitely fun and is helping my game. Flipper flailing won't result in great games. Surprisingly, even with the learning curve my girlfriend loves this pin. She is just 'meh' on our POTC LE, which is also surprising. I think what is also helping with ACNC is that the outlanes are somewhat protected by the posts and rubbers around it so there are actually less outlane drains IMO. The healthy ball saves throughout also makes for an enjoyable game!

I emailed playfield protectors about making one. I'm hoping they will do it before I get mine. I would love to have the non-mylar protector over the whole playfield. One of our local operators uses them on location, and they are great for preventing wear.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm happy with my playfield as is, but will also need to adjust my plunger (sits to the left of the ball). Most plunges are fine, but some are as you describe.

Experimenting with the magnet pattern settings may fix your issue. I did and went from a dribble to shooting all the way up the playfield (not sure if the patterns react the same game to game or not).

I've also had the ball hop out of the left habitrail a couple times. I should have a mod solution once I get into modding ACNC. Spooky crammed the game with awesome stuff, so not as much room to mod and do justice to the game, but I do have one neat playfield idea to flesh out. Most things will be smaller and likely offered as a set. I do have a cool topper in mind, and would experiment with that if there's interest in a topper.

One issue I've had a couple times is the 2nd Frank lock not registering (don't think I've seen others mention having such an issue). Ball search doesn't lift Frank, so I have to power cycle the game. Not sure if the ball just isn't hitting/triggering the switch there at times or something else (it works the majority of the time). Will investigate soon. I'll have more time to get into the game after Easter.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I emailed playfield protectors about making one. I'm hoping they will do it before I get mine. I would love to have the non-mylar protector over the whole playfield. One of our local operators uses them on location, and they are great for preventing wear.

Did they give you an ETA? Would like one too.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Did they give you an ETA? Would like one too.

Frank said it would take a couple months. Also I think they have to have a scan of a stripped playfield to manufacture one. I'll see what he says, and let everyone know. May reach out to Charlie about getting them what they need to create the protector.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Frank said it would take a couple months. Also I think they have to have a scan of a stripped playfield to manufacture one. I'll see what he says, and let everyone know. May reach out to Charlie about getting them what they need to create the protector.

Cool, thanks. Maybe Charlie can send over the pfs’ cad drawings.

Anyone notice any areas that should have cliffies? Might be good to get that ball rolling too.

I’m #85, but maybe I can do something custom in the meantime.

#280 4 years ago

My POTC has some dimpling (had it since Nov) but not like this.

Disappointed to hear that it will be months away. It would be appreciated if we could get 'cost' on a spare playfield.

Cliffies or mylar is a requirement should you want this pristine.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Disappointed to hear that it will be months away. It would be appreciated if we could get 'cost' on a spare playfield.

Hey, Looking at the playfield. Where do you want a cliffy? Main place I wanted was the scoop. Although unless cliffy just makes a flat one that double sticks to your playfield. the inside of the hole has the scoop in it. so you might be able to get a cliffy on it and then re seat the scoop.. maybe, it looks like it would be tight. At least on my game. For now I used hard as nails to keep dirt off the wood on the angled cut, and mylar right up to the edge on both sides.
Mylar in shooter lane, with a stern kick out protector on wood rail.
magicchiz

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Pics?

#283 4 years ago

Record store day chaps...This years Release picked up and game updated! Good Saturday so far.

CBA0A8EC-3603-4F65-AA09-79595BA4BF81 (resized).jpegCBA0A8EC-3603-4F65-AA09-79595BA4BF81 (resized).jpeg
#284 4 years ago

Can someone.eone share their amp settings. Like share a picture. Just opened my game today and almost unplayable because the subwoofer is constantly rattling the glass. I don't want to mess anything up.

Never mind, turned down subwoofer on amplifier and all is well. Found the music test and that was a good gauge...all is well.

#285 4 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: number 54!

15552089841338176625074903844627 (resized).jpg15552089841338176625074903844627 (resized).jpg
#286 4 years ago

Congratulations, it looks great! Hope you enjoy it!

I still can't wait for mine.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can someone.eone share their amp settings. Like share a picture. Just opened my game today and almost unplayable because the subwoofer is constantly rattling the glass. I don't want to mess anything up.
Never mind, turned down subwoofer on amplifier and all is well. Found the music test and that was a good gauge...all is well.

Turn down all the amp levels and then turn the volume all the way up. Then make your adjustments to the amp and turn the volume down to resealable level and you should be good with no clipping.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Turn down all the amp levels and then turn the volume all the way up. Then make your adjustments to the amp and turn the volume down to resealable level and you should be good with no clipping.

Thanks...but already figured it out. This is the first game I've opened where I have spent all the time dialing in the audio. Many, the glass was rattling. We thought it was a bad shaker at first. Now it is perfect. No other issues out of the box.

#289 4 years ago

Mine has dimpled so much it’s evened out lol.

Also, how does this not have “Poison”? What an amazing song to have in a pin. There’s so many ways this could translate to a mode. What if you didn’t complete a mode and were “bitten”, Poison starts playing, points slowly decrease until you make a certain shot?

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I need to figure out how to get the glass rattle to quiet down, any suggestions?

Anti-rattle tape works wonders. https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#291 4 years ago

Ordering this right now

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Ordering this right now

Me too...electrical tape on already.

#293 4 years ago

Does it always reboot when you exit the system menu?

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Does it always reboot when you exit the system menu?

Yes

#295 4 years ago

Any idea what "monster multi save" is in the settings?

#296 4 years ago

A little post Palm Sunday Nightmare Castle with my Bit.

20190414_140603 (resized).jpg20190414_140603 (resized).jpg
#297 4 years ago

This fell onto my playfield during a game. Any ideas where it came from? Looks like it broke off of something, but can't locate it.

20190414_151426 (resized).jpg20190414_151426 (resized).jpg
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This fell onto my playfield during a game. Any ideas where it came from? Looks like it broke off of something, but can't locate it.
[quoted image]

Upper PF, wire form to the right of the drop target? Looks like the fins might have got squeezed a bit much?
Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.24.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-14 at 3.24.40 PM (resized).png

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Upper PF, wire form to the right of the drop target? Looks like the fins might have got squeezed a bit much?
[quoted image]

Yes, that's it. Thanks.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any idea what "monster multi save" is in the settings?

When a monster mode starts, there is a ball saver. This setting determines whether the ball saver will stay on for its full time, or will shut off after the first drain is returned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/6?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.