(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 161.
#3401 4 years ago

Hmmmm...if it is the same issue, but in different places, it does NOT sound like code. I may need to order some spare lamps and try swapping them out.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Has anyone else noticed the top light under the right sling going red/pink in certain modes? It is the only one of the 4 sling bulbs that does it and definitely seems like either a defect with my machine's lamp or a universal bug in the code.

I've been having a similar problem with the left sling going various shades of yellow and green. I emailed Spooky and they sent me the wiring diagram to trace back. They said there is likely a loose connection somewhere.

#3403 4 years ago

For the record, in my game I haven't had any GI/Sling issues. I HAVE had an insert LED go bad (lost Green in it) but once it happened, it was permanent.

#3404 4 years ago

Let me know if this works. Hasn’t bothered me a lot, but if I know the fix, I’ll do it.

#3405 4 years ago

Loose connection seems odd... usually, that would mean that the lamp simply would not work if the connections was "broken". Instead, we have the wrong functionality taking place.

Granted, these controlled, multi colored lamps are new pinball tech to me, so what do I know?

Sadly, I JUST placed an order to Pinball Life, so (hopefully) it will be a while until I have more to order more than just a few lamps.

Thanks to all of you whom have already provided feedback!

#3406 4 years ago

So is the new code finished on Alice Cooper but the code cannot be installed due to the limitations of the Proc memory leak?

When is the last time Spooky officially chimed in about the code and memory leak issues for Alice. I hope the game doesn't get left behind now that Rick and Morty is on the line.

Alice is so fun and I can see the potential of a few more things to do between modes.

Hopefully new code will happen.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

So is the new code finished on Alice Cooper but the code cannot be installed due to the limitations of the Proc memory leak?
When is the last time Spooky officially chimed in about the code and memory leak issues for Alice. I hope the game doesn't get left behind now that Rick and Morty is on the line.
Alice is so fun and I can see the potential of a few more things to do between modes.
Hopefully new code will happen.

Couple pages back:

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Loose connection seems odd... usually, that would mean that the lamp simply would not work if the connections was "broken". Instead, we have the wrong functionality taking place.

Not really. These RGB lamps are driven with a driver for each color.

Tech background, for anyone ever needing to do work:
The LEDs have 4 wires going to them:
One is the +Voltage.
The other three are drivers for Red, Green, Blue.
The lamp controllers ground the R, G, and B drivers, which will light up the LED's color. So, if I ground R and B, Red and Blue will be on, giving a violet.
If the +V is loose, then yes, the whole light will go out.
If one of the DRIVER lines is making a loose connection, then the colors displayed will be .. everything WITHOUT that color. For example, to get 'White', all RGB drivers must be on. If the 'Green' driver has a bad connection, then you'll get Violet. For a perfect example, see here. This is my Insert I lost Green on: https://i.imgur.com/bUzS9Ii.mp4

Quoted from Halfwasted:

The code is mostly finished. As stated before, the 'memory leak' isn't in the PROC system, but the game code. And they're holding off releasing it until they have that bug squashed.
Edit: See above.

#3409 4 years ago

Coyote Thanks for the tech lesson, I really appreciate it! You never let us down! Is it safe to assume that the lamps on the TNA PinballLife page are also correct for ACNC?

Since we are talking code updates, I really hope (in addition to the memory leak fix, since it's been addressed) that we get some cool music for Crypt Multi-ball! Usually, when you get multi-ball there is some fanfare and a different track. In ACNC, it is just a callout and really lacks any excitement...fingers crossed!

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

coyote Thanks for the tech lesson, I really appreciate it! You never let us down! Is it safe to assume that the lamps on the TNA PinballLife page are also correct for ACNC?

Yup, they are. And will be used in R&M as well.

I've actually workjed on designing my own little RGB insert board with a brighter LED. I'm waiting to get some parts in, but am curious. The blue color in the inserts seems to be a little weak, IMHO.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I emailed Spooky and they sent me the wiring diagram to trace back.

Can you PM a copy of this diagram please?

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Granted, these controlled, multi colored lamps are new pinball tech to me, so what do I know?
Sadly, I JUST placed an order to Pinball Life, so (hopefully) it will be a while until I have more to order more than just a few lamps.
Thanks to all of you whom have already provided feedback!

I had a similar issue although not in the same spot. My letter S of SAVE was going purple at the wrong time occasionally instead of just when you have the save activated. I would only have SAVE partially spelled out but occasionally, my S was purple even during the lane changes.

It was a loose connection. I lifted the playfield and the connector had partially slid down from the RGB. I pushed it back up all the way and the problem stopped. Now it is only purple when it is supposed to be. More than likely, if you reseat your connection to the RGB, it will solve your problem (hopefully).

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Can you PM a copy of this diagram please?

Here is what they sent. I figured I'd put it here for everyone rather than PM.

acnc lighting (resized).jpgacnc lighting (resized).jpg
#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Here is what they sent. I figured I'd put it here for everyone rather than PM.

Awesome! Thank you much!!

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Here is what they sent. I figured I'd put it here for everyone rather than PM.[quoted image]

Can someone make this a key post? It is definitely useful!

#3416 4 years ago

the basic manual is in it's final stages. it shouldn't be more than another week or so (just double checking wiring, spelling and other items.

on a side note, this is not going to be a JJP manual as I do not do this for a living. I put in what I think people need the most, but i am open to (constructive) criticism.

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

on a side note, this is not going to be a JJP manual as I do not do this for a living. I put in what I think people need the most, but i am open to (constructive) criticism.

You're writing it? Bad ass ... Good to know and would be more than happy to edit/review if needed.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You're writing it? Bad ass ... Good to know and would be more than happy to edit/review if needed.

"technically" Chris from Spooky is writing it since he is the one that helps out with the Spooky tech support, but since I am also that person, then yes, it is me.

#3419 4 years ago

"technically" Chris from Spooky is writing it since he is the one that helps out with the Spooky tech support, but since I am also that person, then yes, it is me.

Jeez, I'm not surprised that ya'll at Spooky have Multiple Personality Disorder..

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Jeez, I'm not surprised that ya'll at Spooky have Multiple Personality Disorder..

yeah, and they all have huge... egos.

#3421 4 years ago

Asking a favor for myself and others in the Rick and Morty thread... Can someone that ordered their ACNC with the bill validator door option post a picture of what their coin door looks like? We want to see the layout of the door from the front of the machine as compared to the regular doors which there are a ton of pictures of. I am assuming that they are using the same doors on the R&M builds, so just seeing it would be nice. With Pinovators coming out with a headphone/volume system for Spooky pins, a bunch of us will probably be ordering the bill acceptor models for use with the Pinovator system, if in fact they are using that door like they did on JJP machines.

Thanks in advance!

Also, Spooky is going to offer powdercoated coin doors now as one of their upgrade options. A picture of the PC coin door was posted in the R&M thread. Looks great matching the armor!

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Asking a favor for myself and others in the Rick and Morty thread... Can someone that ordered their ACNC with the bill validator door option post a picture of what their coin door looks like? We want to see the layout of the door from the front of the machine as compared to the regular doors which there are a ton of pictures of. I am assuming that they are using the same doors on the R&M builds, so just seeing it would be nice. With Pinovators coming out with a headphone/volume system for Spooky pins, a bunch of us will probably be ordering the bill acceptor models for use with the Pinovator system, if in fact they are using that door like they did on JJP machines.
Thanks in advance!
Also, Spooky is going to offer powdercoated coin doors now as one of their upgrade options. A picture of the PC coin door was posted in the R&M thread. Looks great matching the armor!

24c6bd3bc3fbcec823839c0d30c23a984eb3c801 (resized).jpg24c6bd3bc3fbcec823839c0d30c23a984eb3c801 (resized).jpg
#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks in advance!

F
If you need one with the vakidator installed, lemme know.

#3424 4 years ago

So as time goes on my ACNC seems to get a little flakier. I assume everything is just memory leak related so I am not going to raise a fuss until the new code comes out, but at first I wasn't having any issues like lots of users report but as time goes on I see more and more things like:

Frank occasionally not going high enough
Losing track of how many balls are currently in play
Feeding multiple balls
Auto-feeding a ball after a ball lock keeps one but not auto launching it
Having a monster mode triggered during another monster mode and the screen goes blank and you can play the game but no idea what is going on
Having more than one monster mode get triggered at the same time

The worst one - one orbit not always registering - tis hard enough without not getting credit for orbits hit!
About the orbit not registering - when it happens during a skill shot, sometimes the orbit registers and sometime it doesn't but since the skill shot registered I assume its not mechanical or the skill shot would not have registered...

#3425 4 years ago

This is a repeat post of the one I put in the mod thread for this item...

I received my tower this week and it looks great. I've provided some pictures for those who have the crypt mod so they can see how it fits in.

For those who are concerned about it blocking their view, I provided a picture (the last one) that was taken directly from where my eyes are at the angle I look at the pinball machine. I'm 5' 10" and was standing straight up (I zoomed in when I edited the picture). I actually find the left tower to be more intrusive than the new one. Basically, if the upper left part of the tower was collapsed, it wouldn't block anything. As it is, it only partially blocks your view of the ball when it is cradled in the upper flipper, and that's about it.

I think this mod is a great addition to the game and highly recommend it for anybody on the fence.
Tower Mod 1 (resized).jpgTower Mod 1 (resized).jpgTower Mod 2 (resized).jpgTower Mod 2 (resized).jpgTower Mod 3 (resized).jpgTower Mod 3 (resized).jpgTower Mod 4 (resized).jpgTower Mod 4 (resized).jpg

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So as time goes on my ACNC seems to get a little flakier.

- Frank occasionally not going high enough
Beta code fixed this for me.
- Losing track of how many balls are currently in play
Yup, still happens.
-Feeding multiple balls
Guys have installed cardboard and Velcro into ball eject trough. (see previous posts)
-Auto-feeding a ball after a ball lock keeps one but not auto launching it
Never had that happen.
- Having a monster mode triggered during another monster mode and the screen goes blank and you can play the game but no idea what is going on
WOW!! Never had that happen.
- Having more than one monster mode get triggered at the same time
WOW!! Never had that happen.
- The worst one - one orbit not always registering - tis hard enough without not getting credit for orbits hit!
Never had that happen.
-About the orbit not registering - when it happens during a skill shot, sometimes the orbit registers and sometime it doesn't but since the skill shot registered I assume its not mechanical or the skill shot would not have registered...
I would agree.

#3427 4 years ago

Yup, my guillotine insert is now not green when it should be? I'll check connections today and report back.
Forget it, Now it works correct again?? WTF?

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So as time goes on my ACNC seems to get a little flakier. I assume everything is just memory leak related so I am not going to raise a fuss until the new code comes out, but at first I wasn't having any issues like lots of users report but as time goes on I see more and more things like:
Frank occasionally not going high enough
Losing track of how many balls are currently in play
Feeding multiple balls
Auto-feeding a ball after a ball lock keeps one but not auto launching it
Having a monster mode triggered during another monster mode and the screen goes blank and you can play the game but no idea what is going on
Having more than one monster mode get triggered at the same time
The worst one - one orbit not always registering - tis hard enough without not getting credit for orbits hit!
About the orbit not registering - when it happens during a skill shot, sometimes the orbit registers and sometime it doesn't but since the skill shot registered I assume its not mechanical or the skill shot would not have registered...

You need to contact Spooky.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

...I received my tower this week and it looks great. I've provided some pictures for those who have the crypt mod so they can see how it fits in. ...

Thanks for the pics! I purchased one of these towers as well and can attest to dnaman having done a fantastic job in creating these.

I look forward to installing this (along with Medisinyl's mods) in my ACNC if/when I eventually open it up.

#3430 4 years ago

Went back to my bulb that tends to stay red when it should be green or blue and reseated connectors at the lamp and the board...still doesn't work correctly.

Coyote (or anyone else), Is it safe to assume I need to order a new bulb as the next step in my troubleshooting process?

Gracias!

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Went back to my bulb that tends to stay red when it should be green or blue and reseated connectors at the lamp and the board...still doesn't work correctly.
coyote (or anyone else), Is it safe to assume I need to order a new bulb as the next step in my troubleshooting process?
Gracias!

since they are all the same bulb, i would remove another one and try it in the bad one's spot first. this way you will be able to determine if it is the bulb or something else.

#3432 4 years ago

DOH!

Thanks, KingPinGames for the simple yet "bright" (pun intended) idea!

#3433 4 years ago

since they are all the same bulb, i would remove another one and try it in the bad one's spot first. this way you will be able to determine if it is the bulb or something else.

Quoted from xeneize:

DOH!
Thanks, kingpingames for the simple yet "bright" (pun intended) idea!

May actually be easier to just unplug tweo of them, and flip the wires. But yes, I was going to suggest this next.

#3434 4 years ago

#213 finally arrived in Belgium, everything is fine out of the box, and what a great game!!! Coin door lock has even survived the long way to my gameroom. (I can finally post the picture of my coin door lock ) Big thumbs up for Spooky!!!

IMG_5106 (resized).jpgIMG_5106 (resized).jpg
#3435 4 years ago

The normal black flipper rubbers do play better. I tried them out tonight. I got them from Game Room Guys off Amazon. You get four black for $9.99. Blue ones cost $12.99 for two.

https://www.amazon.com/Game-Room-Guys-Pinball-Flipper/dp/B00D37L17I/ref=sr_1_2

I also ordered the Alice Cooper Web Flipper Decals from Tilt Graphics because the black flipper bats with black rubbers looks lame. These will look nice on them.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/alice-cooper-web-flipper-decals

#3437 4 years ago

Put a couple hours on Alice last night with a few Sam cold snap beers. I really think ACNC is a great game. After owning it a while now and going to Tilt Minneapolis to play a bunch of other games. I don’t get tired of it, i want to get better. Orbits are now pretty high chance of making them, scoop and right ramp still tough but i will get there. Great game. Not perfect, top 10 percent.

#3438 4 years ago

Love the game. First time playing co-op and it’s cool how whoever kills a monster gets credit for it. Realized this when I finally checked the score. Great feature. Now I need to play better.

655243B7-C505-42F4-9B65-47F48E352613 (resized).jpeg655243B7-C505-42F4-9B65-47F48E352613 (resized).jpeg
#3439 4 years ago

PinballSTAR has 1 NIB ACNC left ready to ship to a new home...

Game is 6,450 plus built with plastic protectors 35, interior cabinet decals 65, and blue powder coat 125 = 6,675 plus shipping...

Email Joe at [email protected]

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Authorized Spooky Pinball distributor

#3440 4 years ago

the basic manual is in it's final stages. it shouldn't be more than another week or so (just double checking wiring, spelling and other items.

so, here it is.

Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"

ACNC Manual (1).pdfACNC Manual (1).pdf
#3441 4 years ago

** Notice this line on Page 7 online manual or page 8 if you download the PDF.

In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows,
and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

** Notice this line on page 8....
In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows,
and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.
** Item logic is in **

line updated (and removed). new instance of the manual was uploaded. the gameplay explanations were taken from two different sources. I read through them to consolidate but didn't catch everything.

Thank you for looking it over.

#3443 4 years ago

line updated (and removed). new instance of the manual was uploaded. the gameplay explanations were taken from two different sources. I read through them to consolidate but didn't catch everything.
Thank you for looking it over.

It's still there. I just re downloaded it.
So are you saying this is not the case then?

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's still there. I just re downloaded it.
So are you saying this is not the case then?

i removed the line "Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually."

perhaps you there was still an older version in the cache. i just double checked it. was there a different line you were referring to?

#3445 4 years ago

i removed the line "Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. It needs to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually."
perhaps you there was still an older version in the cache. i just double checked it. was there a different line you were referring to?

...how about leave it in and make Spooky release the new code! Everyone wins!

#3446 4 years ago

Guys what does chop mean on the game?

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Guys what does chop mean on the game?

Spell chop ( light the inserts)to activate the ball save .

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Where does it say chop?

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

?? I thought that was lighting SAVE outlanes.

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

the lower lanes say 'SAVE', not CHOP.

The chops are guillotine shots. Ten shots there (10 chops) lights extra ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/69?hl=vongator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.