(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 161.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No. I think I submitted a bug report about this.

Why would you lose something you've already lit because you got a skillshot? Doesn't make sense

Don't have to be argumentative.
On my game, .4, this happens. I agree with you, it was unexpected.

#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

If anyone is having multiple balls in the shooter lane there is a quick fix that worked for me. Adding a 3/4" fuzzy velcro square to where the ball contacts the side rail eliminated the issue for me. Not one extra ball since adding the velcro square.

This is similar to the fix posted previously here.. See post #2383

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/48#post-5291979

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

On my game, .4, this happens. I agree with you, it was unexpected

Is it the orbits that don't light the secret passage?

On mine (.0), if I light secret passage, drain, and then skill shot the right orbit, the secret passage stays lit.

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is it the orbits that don't light the secret passage?
On mine (.0), if I light secret passage, drain, and then skill shot the right orbit, the secret passage stays lit.

Don't know which ones do or don't. Some skillshots only award "Ball Save". When I just played a game where on Ball 2 I shot the skillshot that lit the secret passage. I drained pretty effin' fast. Next ball, Ball 3, I shot the skillshot that only awarded 'Ball Save'. And my Secret Passage was no longer lit.

#3305 4 years ago

Just figured I’d add what I know. Orbit skill shots light your saves centre and outline. Ramp and crypt lock skill shots light saves and the secret passage. Here’s the kicker though, in 1.0.7.0 the secret passage does not light up right away. It is lit but not lit, if you shoot it you will go right to the monster, a code bug. As soon as you lock in a monster with an orbit after your skill shot it will actually light. I have also noticed many times the first right orbit shot after a failed skill shot will not advance you. I assume this is also a code bug.

#3306 4 years ago

I'm running the BETA code.
** I don't seem to have some of these problems you guys speak of above with game play bugs.
* There are other issues with this Beta Code. It did solve the intermittent problem where Frank doesn't always raise up to the proper height set in the servo menu thus not releasing balls.

#3307 4 years ago

Updating Code on Proc system.
* I was successful using 16GB stick. Just make sure it's formatted for Fat32 file system.
** This will wipe all your stats and high scores!!

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm running the BETA code, link below...
** I don't seem to have some of these problems you guys speak of above with game play bugs.
* There are other issues with this Beta Code. It did solve the intermittent problem where Frank doesn't always raise up to the proper height set in the servo menu thus not releasing balls.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AkcgFq2W2-TINgduoaMlo8eb4F7evzan

I think there are issues with all versions of the game code. I can’t personally speak for 1.0.7.4. My game came with 1.0.7.2 installed. While it fixes some bugs, like secret passage not lighting from a skill shot. I had a bug on my game at least that would give the next player your bonus (minus modifiers) score if they pressed both flipper buttons together. Anything that fucks with score is a big no no for me. So I installed the 1.0.7.0 code. Now I’m waiting like everyone else for an update that hopefully fixes everything. Never had any Frank problems in either version.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm running the BETA code, link below...
[Removed Link]

Did they say it was publically ok to post the beta code? (Not being snarky, it's an honest question, because I was never told one way or the other! )

#3310 4 years ago

I just received game 393 today which has a born on date of 12-03-19. It came with 1.0.7.7 installed in it. Only played a few games after setup and then had to get back to work. Ill put some time on it tonight. Unknown at this point if there are any of the issues that have been reported but it worked well out of the box for the 3 games I played.

Here is the eye candy...

ac1 (resized).jpgac1 (resized).jpgac2 (resized).jpgac2 (resized).jpgac3 (resized).jpgac3 (resized).jpgac4 (resized).jpgac4 (resized).jpg
#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I just received game 393 today which has a born on date of 12-03-19. It came with 1.0.7.7 installed in it. Only played a few games after setup and then had to get back to work. Ill put some time on it tonight. Unknown at this point if there are any of the issues that have been reported but it worked well out of the box for the 3 games I played.
Here is the eye candy...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Code issues are small potatoes compared to coin door latch integrity. Take comfort in that your game's looks to be in excellent functional condition (phew!) and don't sweat the gameplay stuff!

Congrats and enjoy that sweet coin door latching action! And the playfield action too while you're at it.

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Did they say it was publically ok to post the beta code? (Not being snarky, it's an honest question, because I was never told one way or the other! )

No!
Should I remove it then?

#3313 4 years ago

When I picked up my game at Spooky Saturday Charlie mentioned that the code update is really close to being dropped and that it will continue to be tweaked in the future. I also got to play R & M and those of us on board for that game should be really stoked. Spooky be crushing it.

#3314 4 years ago

If you have a beta link, please don't share publicly. Chances are its outdated, like the one above.

I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you have a beta link, please don't share publicly. Chances are its outdated, like the one above.
I am running some final tests at the shop before betas go out to select people. The memory leak is history, you'll be able to play till your fingers bleed.

Oh snap.
Fantastic.

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Link removed!
Sorry!!!!!

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Sweet! I have the most recent code and it works great so i haven’t tried any beta or messed with it much. This will be the first time I get to update it. Looks like My favorite pin is about to get better!!

#3318 4 years ago

So played for about 4 hours tonight. Gotta say, I fricken LOVE this game!!

There were a few of the issues that popped up a couple times:

Ball trough triple fed 1 time but only once.

The game went into the service menu after a particularly hard shot into the subway next to the secret passage. I was having a good game too but it went into the service menu and I had to open the coin door to exit out. Game was over once I exited obviously and score didn't exist. That was a strange one...

And then the issue I had several times is once I got a ball locked in the lock under the crypt, if I dropped a 2nd ball in from the upper playfield, it would keep 2 balls there and lose track of them. After 3 ball searches it would release them as well as any locked in Frank. I'm guessing there is a switch or opto not registering from the upper field drop? Ill check it another time as I was having too much fun tonight to stop playing.

The magnet save worked pretty well most times and the few times it didn't and dropped the ball in the drain, a ball save was activated so all was good.

The game is hard and fast, but when you hit the shots, they are fun as hell! I see this machine getting lots of play!

#3319 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So played for about 4 hours tonight. Gotta say, I fricken LOVE this game!!

Awesome. That's saying something as you have a pretty sweet collection, there. I am hoping to find an ACNC on location sometime this year.

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Any chance i can get in on the beta code? I have my acnc on location. Weve got a nice group of pinball nerds(myself included) that tend to notice when things aren't working right.

#3321 4 years ago

I'd love to check out the new code too, my lady friend and I stream on Wednesdays if you want to show it off.

#3322 4 years ago

Does anyone have their volume turned up past 5? This thing’s louder than a Who concert.

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

And then the issue I had several times is once I got a ball locked in the lock under the crypt, if I dropped a 2nd ball in from the upper playfield, it would keep 2 balls there and lose track of them. After 3 ball searches it would release them as well as any locked in Frank. I'm guessing there is a switch or opto not registering from the upper field drop?

The same thing has happened to me on several occasions.

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does anyone have their volume turned up past 5? This thing’s louder than a Who concert.

Mine is at 12, and it's comfortable. If I want it loud, I'll go up to 14.

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I don't dare put it past 3...

#3326 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

And then the issue I had several times is once I got a ball locked in the lock under the crypt, if I dropped a 2nd ball in from the upper playfield, it would keep 2 balls there and lose track of them. After 3 ball searches it would release them as well as any locked in Frank. I'm guessing there is a switch or opto not registering from the upper field drop? Ill check it another time as I was having too much fun tonight to stop playing.

Check the switch before the crypt hole. I have had the same but it was always when the ball skipped or did not register that switch

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Iv'e had it up to 16 with an external sub hooked up. Music, sounds and call outs are half the enjoyment to me when I play.

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Iv'e had it up to 16 with an external sub hooked up. Music, sounds and call outs are half the enjoyment to me when I play.

Your neighbors must hate you!

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Your neighbors must hate you!

Only on nights where the beer is flowing haha, every beer in it gets louder .

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Only on nights where the beer is flowing haha, every beer in it gets louder .

If I was your neighbor, my wife and I would just walk in the front door with your favorite beverage...game on!

#3331 4 years ago

I go 8 and then open the door and crank it to 12 when I start Feed My Frankenstein. Love that song loud!!
Also love the shaker when Frank rises up on display. Awesome!!!!!!

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I go 8 and then open the door and crank it to 12 when I start Feed My Frankenstein. Love that song loud!!

Did everyone buy that tape to stop the rattling? I keep mine quiet because of that but probably will buy the anti-rattle tape soon

#3333 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Did everyone buy that tape to stop the rattling? I keep mine quiet because of that but probably will buy the anti-rattle tape soon

I did and I installed two layers which is recommended. It works for me.

#3334 4 years ago

I definitely need some tape. The machine rattles when it’s turned up to 4 lol.

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I definitely need some tape. The machine rattles when it’s turned up to 4 lol.

Yeah, mine too. I just ordered it. Only 24 bucks shipped so not horrible

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I've posted pictures that I've marked up showing this but there is an opto behind the first drop target below but not behind the second. I was having issues with balls hanging up on a corner of the 2nd target when dropped as it wasn't flush. Yours could be the opto or the mechanical switch above. Test both in your setup test menu.

Here is a picture of the crypt lane without the top metal playfield piece on.

Screenshot_20200107-224820~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200107-224820~2 (resized).png
#3337 4 years ago

I installed the castle wall decal last night. I went a different route and took the wall piece out to install, which I'm not sure I'd recommend. But it looks great. You can see several mods from Medisinyl already installed. Bring on the new code!

IMG_1055 (resized).jpgIMG_1055 (resized).jpg
#3338 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I installed the castle wall decal last night. I went a different route and took the wall piece out to install, which I'm not sure I'd recommend. But it looks great. You can see several mods from Medisinyl already installed. Bring on the new code![quoted image]

Thanks for posting this!
Mine is on it's way.
Hope I can install it in place. What was the problem removing the wall?

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks for posting this!
Mine in on it's way.
Hope I can install it in place. What was the problem removing the wall?

There's just a whole lot that has to be taken off first. Plus the bent sides are a tight fit under the left ramp.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I taped my glass and have mine set at 16(no shit) and it sounds awesome, atleast that's what my kids say 2 floors up.

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I installed the castle wall decal last night. I went a different route and took the wall piece out to install, which I'm not sure I'd recommend. But it looks great. You can see several mods from Medisinyl already installed. Bring on the new code![quoted image]

That is one clear picture.

#3342 4 years ago

Here is another Spooky repair video that does not show up under their list of videos on YouTube.
- ACNC Diverter Servo Change..

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Also i hope the mode scoring gets balanced in the next code update. Pit creature is by far the most lucrative mode. Zombie is worth waayyy less for a single roving hurry up, which IMO is much harder than shooting your choice of 3-6 shots. Even compared to insects which are both hurry ups, zombie is harder and worth less. Werewolf misses (red shots) are worth more than correct shots(green). Im sure there are other imbalances, this is just what's coming to mind.

I'm not sure if you already know this, but Bowen explains how ACNC mode scoring works. Start video @ 31:40

#3344 4 years ago

My wife and I have decided to go after Billion Dollar Babies...we’ve been playing 4 person coop...went through all the monsters once, but failed to start BDB before we drained it! Aaarrggghhh! We will get there! Tournament for us this week is who kills the most monsters and who lights the most (2 places, 2 very competitive people)

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I have decided to go after Billion Dollar Babies...we’ve been playing 4 person coop...went through all the monsters once, but failed to start BDB before we drained it! Aaarrggghhh! We will get there! Tournament for us this week is who kills the most monsters and who lights the most (2 places, 2 very competitive people)

Awesome! We love playing coop as a family. We just played it tonight but only beat a couple monsters

#3346 4 years ago

What rubbers does Spooky use. We have about 400 games and the flipper rubber has some minor nicks...I rotated them, but will need new ones in a couple months if we keep obsessing over this game!

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What rubbers does Spooky use. We have about 400 games and the flipper rubber has some minor nicks...I rotated them, but will need new ones in a couple months if we keep obsessing over this game!

Pinball life stock rubbers. Mine were toast in 2 months. I went with Titans and they are holding up much better and less bouncy

#3348 4 years ago

Not sure if anyone’s already put this out there but what’s your best score on Cooper 3 ball regular difficulty? Here’s mine

AB15C7A5-C583-4EA0-AA5F-CCD2ED3209A4 (resized).jpegAB15C7A5-C583-4EA0-AA5F-CCD2ED3209A4 (resized).jpeg
#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Not sure if anyone’s already put this out there but what’s your best score on Cooper 3 ball regular difficulty? Here’s mine[quoted image]

Highest Iv'e gotten is 289,000 but tilted on last ball and game never let me put in GC score.

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Highest Iv'e gotten is 289,000 but tilted on last ball and game never let me put in GC score.

I’ve tried to set my tilt very generous, but I regularly get yelled at and occasionally tilt it. ACNC just has a tight tilt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.