(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 160.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I added opinions to my post? Well god damn, sorry about that.

Hey, free speech. You can throw the opinions in all you want. Just pointing out that you came in this thread and said that people over there got upset with you because you asked a question. I was just pointing out the half-truth and that there is more to the whole picture than what you were trying to paint here.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hey, free speech. You can throw the opinions in all you want. Just pointing out that you came in this thread and said that people over there got upset with you because you asked a question. I was just pointing out the half-truth and that there is more to the whole picture than what you were trying to paint here.

Appreciate you helping me out with your pointing. Much obliged, kind sir!

#3253 4 years ago

My wife and I played ACNC with Bowen at Pintastic. Loved the game, but it turned off on us during gameplay, and Bowen said "yeah... it does that every so often". Huge turn off. Didn't end up buying it.

LOVED the game... still kind of want one.

-- (1) Do you guys have that issue still?
-- (2) What about the ball getting lost in the back from time to time?
-- (3) Would anyone in the northeast be willing to trade their ACNC for a MBrSE?

Just curious, all talk atm.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

My wife and I played ACNC with Bowen at Pintastic. Loved the game, but it turned off on us during gameplay, and Bowen said "yeah... it does that every so often". Huge turn off. Didn't end up buying it.
-- (3) Would anyone in the northeast be willing to trade their ACNC for a MBrSE?

1. Hasn’t been a code update since June so.....yeah
2. Never happened to me

#3255 4 years ago

Never heard of that happening

#3256 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

1. Hasn’t been a code update since June so.....yeah
2. Never happened to me

Quoted from zacaj:

Never heard of that happening

Believe I've only had it happen once on my game (if that's even what I remember happening). No issue during the New Years Eve party with a chunk of plays.

#3257 4 years ago

My top flipper still struggles more often than not to get to the top ramp to Frankenstein. Has anyone here made adjustments in this regard? If so how do you do it? Is it through the coil settings? The upper flipper coil is sent to 13 currently.

#3258 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

My top flipper still struggles more often than not to get to the top ramp to Frankenstein. Has anyone here made adjustments in this regard? If so how do you do it? Is it through the coil settings? The upper flipper coil is sent to 13 currently.

I set mine to 15. Works good. In settings (coils)

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Was 15 and rarely did it, put to 17 and it seems about right for our pin

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

From the Rick and Morty thread. I asked in there if guys were concerned about buying a Rick and Morty because of the issues with Alice Cooper. Got some guys bent outta shape that I dared ask a question. L

I think some of us ACNC owners are a little frustrated at the negative press this pin has gotten so far. My self included. There are many people who think nothing of shitting all over Spooky and this pin who never owned it and maybe only played it once out in the wild. This pin is still my favorite and IMO one of the most beautiful pins ever! Certainly unique and deserving of more respect than it gets as is Spooky customer service. What kind of an ass votes this game a 3.XX score in the Pinside ratings? Obviously someone with an ax to grind! This game was the first title Spooky built using the P3-ROC system. It will take time to perfect. Stern takes 3 years to make Ghost Busters a good playing game and they have far more resources at their disposal.

#3261 4 years ago

The game is so fun and that’s it! Such a unique game. It’s hard to even compare to another game. Very unique and above everything hip and cool. Thanks for the help with the coils!!

#3262 4 years ago

It didn't turn off. It rebooted. This has been discussed in this thread over and over. It is an intentional temporary fix to the memory leak software issue that is being worked on as we speak. It will keep the game running smooth. If it is a "turn off" for you, I suggest buying an older pin (at least 4 years old) that has had the software finished.

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It didn't turn off. It rebooted. This has been discussed in this thread over and over. It is an intentional temporary fix to the memory leak software issue that is being worked on as we speak. it will keep the game running smooth. If it is a "turn off" for you, I suggest buying an older pin (at least 4 years old) that has had the software finished.

He said *during* gameplay. Not after a game

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

He said *during* gameplay. Not after a game

I never had that happen??

#3265 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think some of us ACNC owners are a little frustrated at the negative press this pin has gotten so far. My self included. There are many people who think nothing of shitting all over Spooky and this pin who never owned it and maybe only played it once out in the wild. This pin is still my favorite and IMO one of the most beautiful pins ever! Certainly unique and deserving of more respect than it gets as is Spooky customer service. What kind of an ass votes this game a 3.XX score in the Pinside ratings? Obviously someone with an ax to grind! This game was the first title Spooky built using the P3-ROC system. It will take time to perfect. Stern takes 3 years to make Ghost Busters a good playing game and they have far more resources at their disposal.

Yep, this is one of the best machines in my collection IMO.

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

And what a collection!!!!!!!!!!!

#3267 4 years ago

Hey all.

Ran into a bit of an issue with my Alice Cooper machine this evening. The machine continually fails to start up and is in a constant restart loop. One of the the phrases it keeps saying is “Started Getty on tty1”. It then goes to the loading screen, the loading bar populates and then it simply restarts.

I have a tourney tomorrow and need this machine up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and knows how to fix it.

#3268 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hey all.
Ran into a bit of an issue with my Alice Cooper machine this evening. The machine continually fails to start up and is in a constant restart loop. One of the the phrases it keeps saying is “Started Getty on tty1”. It then goes to the loading screen, the loading bar populates and then it simply restarts.
I have a tourney tomorrow and need this machine up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would start by downloading the latest code and reload the software.

www.SpookyPinball.com/game-support

#3269 4 years ago

1.yes. my game reboots every 3-4 games. And yes I mean "every" never made it to 5. Was told by spooky customer service it would be fixed along with major code update not long after i received it. I believe... make that I know it'll be fixed.
2. I haven't had that issue.
3. I would not trade my acnc for MBr, AFM,MM, or any other pin in the universe for that matter. This game is leaps and bounds above anything I've ever played in almost every category imho. That said can we please get a code update, and a reboot fix.

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I would start by downloading the latest code and reload the software.
www.SpookyPinball.com/game-support

Hi, I just tried this and unfortunately it did not fix the issue. Any other ideas?

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi, I just tried this and unfortunately it did not fix the issue. Any other ideas?

That Getty line has to do with the Linux like programming (I’m not a programmer or anything close). Turn it off and unplug it. Wait 5-10 min and the plug it in and power up. If that doesn’t work the main program on the computer may be corrupt...this is a guess...contact Spooky. Bad timing. You could also check all board connections...maybe a loose connection is causing it...just trying to think of everything.

#3272 4 years ago

Duplicate

#3273 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I got acnc about a month ago it’s also one of the best in our collection. I have 12 pins but in the past 3 years have gone through ~70. I love this pin and so does the family. Our keepers right now have been the shadow, lotr, sorcerer, BM66 and now acnc. I don’t see us getting rid of it and we get rid of pins quick if no one is in love with them. I’m impressed with spooky and If I could of got in on rick and Monty I would of done it

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hey all.

Send me a PM, please.
Your CPU may have gone bad. There's something we can try, but if it fails, you will need to contact Spooky support.

#3275 4 years ago

Hey so changing the coil on the upper flipper really helped a lot. Have you guys adjusting any of the other flippers on the game to improve it? If so what did you change the coil to?

#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hey so changing the coil on the upper flipper really helped a lot. Have you guys adjusting any of the other flippers on the game to improve it? If so what did you change the coil to?

Never had issues making the ramps, so no need to change

#3277 4 years ago

Hey All,

While I got the machine running again in the hours of this morn thanks to Coyote but now I am having an issue with the Guillotine. The fuse blew and now Frankie works but the Guillotine won’t. Tried the service menu but no no.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

#3278 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hey All,
While I got the machine running again in the hours of this morn thanks to Coyote but now I am having an issue with the Guillotine. The fuse blew and now Frankie works but the Guillotine won’t. Tried the service menu but no no.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Now I can’t get Frank to work in the servo mode either. Fuze looks fine so I have no idea.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Now I can’t get Frank to work in the servo mode either. Fuze looks fine so I have no idea.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

First, take the fuse out and check it with an ohm meter or continuity tester. They can look good and still be bad.
I had this fuse blow and it takes out all three servos, Frank, guillotine and the diverter behind Frank. It was a seized up diverter servo. Spooky sent me a new one free of charge. Very easy to change out and adjust in servo settings menu. These servos can not be pushing or binding on anything, or they burn out. Mine wasn't. It was just a bad servo.

#3280 4 years ago

Dangit. Saw like 40+ posts been made since last looking at this thread and thought finally code dropped. Argh.

#3281 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Dangit. Saw like 40+ posts been made since last looking at this thread and thought finally code dropped. Argh.

There’s a ton of anticipation for an earth shattering code update... I wouldn’t hold my breath.

#3282 4 years ago

I got a question. The only character in the art that isn’t in the game is the large cyclops on the left side of the cab. Is this in the wizard mode “Million Dollar Babies”, or was he axed for some reason...maybe fighting Alice to include more of the guillotine instead of fighting a cyclops? Anyone know?

#3283 4 years ago

Got my magnet ball save working most of the time but sometimes when it doesn't work the ball save doesn't flash at all and I lose the ball. Does this happen to anyone else?

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got my magnet ball save working most of the time but sometimes when it doesn't work the ball save doesn't flash at all and I lose the ball. Does this happen to anyone else?

Never, if I’ve successfully spelled “SAVE”. If it drops down the trough, it always gives me another. Get the plastic disc to go above the magnet...it will solve most problems with the magnet.

#3285 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Never, if I’ve successfully spelled “SAVE”. If it drops down the trough, it always gives me another. Get the plastic disc to go above the magnet...it will solve most problems with the magnet.

I'm happy with the performance of the magnet, just need it to give me the ball back if it the magnet fails to work correctly some of the time. When the magnet fails to work the ball save should flash momentarily when the ball drains but it doesn't always do that. I just had the best game so far and beat my high score but I tilted on last ball, game just ended and wouldn't let me enter a GC score.....uggggghhhhh. I love this game and hope spooky sees it through to the end working the bugs out of it.

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm happy with the performance of the magnet, just need it to give me the ball back if it the magnet fails to work correctly some of the time. When the magnet fails to work the ball save should flash momentarily when the ball drains but it doesn't always do that. I just had the best game so far and beat my high score but I tilted on last ball, game just ended and wouldn't let me enter a GC score.....uggggghhhhh. I love this game and hope spooky sees it through to the end working the bugs out of it.

Hmmmm. It always saves mine, even if it fails, it immediately shoots out a ball.

#3287 4 years ago

I'm on code version 1.0.7.1, is that a beta version? Should I be on 1.0.7.0 or a different beta version? I bought this from another collector so not up to speed on how many beta versions are out there.

#3288 4 years ago

Let’s go! #474 What a great game, me and my boys just played for 7 hrs. It’s tough but fair. This game, fit and finish, is better than all the Stern, JJP, CGC games i’ve bought over the years. Well done Spooky!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm on code version 1.0.7.1, is that a beta version? Should I be on 1.0.7.0 or a different beta version? I bought this from another collector so not up to speed on how many beta versions are out there.

Yes, it is a beta version. The last publically released code is 1.0.7.0 from June '19. Some people are running that, others have 7.2 and some others have 7.4.

#3290 4 years ago

If anyone is having multiple balls in the shooter lane there is a quick fix that worked for me. Adding a 3/4" fuzzy velcro square to where the ball contacts the side rail eliminated the issue for me. Not one extra ball since adding the velcro square.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

If anyone is having multiple balls in the shooter lane there is a quick fix that worked for me. Adding a 3/4" fuzzy velcro square to where the ball contacts the side rail eliminated the issue for me. Not one extra ball since adding the velcro square.

That’s in the ball trough?

#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

That is horrible and awful..horraweful

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That is horrible and awful..horraweful

Better than getting 2 balls every so often

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That’s in the ball trough?

Yup, right where the ball exits the trough.

#3295 4 years ago

Do you guys know of the game comes with the most recent code or is there more updates than what the game cane with? I have game 415

#3296 4 years ago

410 came with the latest installed.

#3297 4 years ago

Agreed, 407 had the latest released code as well.

#3298 4 years ago

393 get delivered tomorrow (had it held over the holidays). Can't wait!!

#3299 4 years ago

Oy. I am REALLY torn.

Do you think that if you have "SAVE" lit, AND ball-saver is active, if you drain down an outlane it should terminate your "SAVE"? I can kinda see it going both ways.

Along the same lines, if you drain with the Secret Passage lit, and then start the next ball and hit a Skill Shot that does NOT award the Secret Passage, should the Secret Passage remain lit?

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Do you think that if you have "SAVE" lit, AND ball-saver is active, if you drain down an outlane it should terminate your "SAVE"? I can kinda see it going both ways.

No. I think I submitted a bug report about this.

Quoted from Coyote:

Along the same lines, if you drain with the Secret Passage lit, and then start the next ball and hit a Skill Shot that does NOT award the Secret Passage, should the Secret Passage remain lit?

Why would you lose something you've already lit because you got a skillshot? Doesn't make sense

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/66?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.