(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 160.
#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Already tried this, no succes. The kickout just isn't consistent.

Mine Always goes to right flipper.

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Mine Always goes to right flipper.

Same here.

#3003 4 years ago

Mine is inconsistent. Usually goes to right flipper but half of the time sdtm.

When I got my machine the plunger would stay stuck up as it had a small edge on the side (see image).

Replaced it with a brand new plunger (same length) I had in stock. It's a new part, evenly flat on the top, .. and still gives inconsistent kickout. I will try to disassemble everything again.

20191025_151706 (resized).jpg20191025_151706 (resized).jpg
#3004 4 years ago

I'm in you sons of bitches! No issues out of box.

IMG_20191220_131619 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_131619 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_123335 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_123335 (resized).jpg
#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I'm in you sons of bitches! No issues out of box.[quoted image][quoted image]

What number??

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What number??

Where do you find the number? I bought through a distro in Canada. Was never given one.

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Where do you find the number? I bought through a distro in Canada. Was never given one.

Look through the coin door to the right cab. There should be a tag with the serial number. Look at the last 3 numbers.

#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Should have been written on the box.

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Look through the coin door to the right cab. There should be a tag with the serial number. Look at the last 3 numbers.

293!

IMG_20191220_155340 (resized).jpgIMG_20191220_155340 (resized).jpg
#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

293![quoted image]

Nice!!

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I would have never thought to paint all the castle fascade, but that does look excellent. I likely won't change mine, but if there was someone who could make mine look like that I might. Please post pics when it's all complete!

My artist buddy (Mark Jarman) finished my castle and graveyard paint job and I cannot express how happy I am with how it matches the colors on the playfield and translite. I also like the blood splatter and the monster faces that he painted into the stonework. What does everyone think?

IMG_4617.JPGIMG_4617.JPGIMG_4618.JPGIMG_4618.JPGIMG_4619.JPGIMG_4619.JPGIMG_4621a.JPGIMG_4621a.JPGIMG_4623.JPGIMG_4623.JPGIMG_4625.JPGIMG_4625.JPGIMG_4626a.JPGIMG_4626a.JPGIMG_4627.JPGIMG_4627.JPGIMG_4628.JPGIMG_4628.JPGIMG_4629.JPGIMG_4629.JPG
#3012 4 years ago

Looks good. Lets see them on your game

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

What does everyone think?

Looks awesome, but the real test is how they look in the game. Can't wait to see those pics!

#3014 4 years ago

Oh the envy!

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

My artist buddy (Mark Jarman) finished my castle and graveyard paint job and I cannot express how happy I am with how it matches the colors on the playfield and translite. I also like the blood splatter and the monster faces that he painted into the stonework. What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Badass man! I'm with KingHebes , can't wait to see everything on your game!

#3016 4 years ago

*Ball drains during ball save
*Alice: "You're not getting away that easy!"
*Ball immediately drains on the ensuing re-serve
"Hold my beer, Alice!"

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

*Ball drains during ball save
*Alice: "You're not getting away that easy!"
*Ball immediately drains on the ensuing re-serve
"Hold my beer, Alice!"

ROFL!

#3018 4 years ago

Looks like Spooky just posted a video on Youtube on how to install the topper.

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Badass man! I'm with kinghebes , can't wait to see everything on your game!

As opposed to my MMR (which Mark also painted), the ACNC castle is super easy to remove and reinstall. Here are some photos. I have an older iPhone so this probably doesn't do the art justice but here goes...

IMG_4633.JPGIMG_4633.JPGIMG_4637.JPGIMG_4637.JPGIMG_4639.JPGIMG_4639.JPGIMG_4645.JPGIMG_4645.JPGIMG_4646.JPGIMG_4646.JPGIMG_4648.JPGIMG_4648.JPG
#3020 4 years ago

Looks Awesome!

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

My artist buddy (Mark Jarman) finished my castle and graveyard paint job and I cannot express how happy I am with how it matches the colors on the playfield and translite. I also like the blood splatter and the monster faces that he painted into the stonework. What does everyone think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, thats rad!!!

#3022 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

As opposed to my MMR (which Mark also painted), the ACNC castle is super easy to remove and reinstall. Here are some photos. I have an older iPhone so this probably doesn't do the art justice but here goes...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

HUGE improvement on the skull mountain!

#3023 4 years ago

VERY cool!!!

#3024 4 years ago

Su-weet!!!
Love the faces!

#3025 4 years ago

Shout out to Spooky pinball who made me a ACNC topper video because I was unsure on how to hook it up. Special shout out to Spooky Luke.

Best customer service I have seen in pinball. Great people.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

As opposed to my MMR (which Mark also painted), the ACNC castle is super easy to remove and reinstall. Here are some photos.

This looks amazing! Does your pal Mark want to paint a few more? .

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This looks amazing! Does your pal Mark want to paint a few more? .

I spoke with the artist Mark Jarman and he will paint a few more if anyone is interested. They will each be an individual work of art, signed and numbered. He is a serious artist who makes a living from his art. He has illustrated children's books, video games, movies, and is currently designing a theme park.

Mark says that it took about 10 hours to paint ACNC and he normally gets $100 an hour for contract work. However, I am trying to introduce him to the pinball community because I think that there is demand for his services (He also did my MMR, which is amazing).

He has agreed to paint all 8 pieces of the castle for $395, the graveyard for $95, and skull mountain for $75. Please include $10 for return shipping. PM me if interested

IMG_4371 (resized).JPGIMG_4371 (resized).JPG
#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

As opposed to my MMR (which Mark also painted), the ACNC castle is super easy to remove and reinstall. Here are some photos. I have an older iPhone so this probably doesn't do the art justice but here goes...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That set should have my tower in it

#3029 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I spoke with the artist Mark Jarman and he will paint a few more if anyone is interested. They will each be an individual work of art, signed and numbered. He is a serious artist who makes a living from his art. He has illustrated children's books, video games, movies, and is currently designing a theme park.
Mark says that it took about 10 hours to paint ACNC and he normally gets $100 an hour for contract work. However, I am trying to introduce him to the pinball community because I think that there is demand for his services (He also did my MMR, which is amazing).
He has agreed to paint all 8 pieces of the castle for $395, the graveyard for $95, and skull mountain for $75. Please include $10 for return shipping. PM me if interested [quoted image]

Looks amazing. Great job!

#3030 4 years ago

Trying to figure out if my game is a butter cabinet. The guy I bought it from said it had pretty much every option. Can anyone tell from these pics?

20191221_201946 (resized).jpg20191221_201946 (resized).jpg20191221_202024 (resized).jpg20191221_202024 (resized).jpg
#3031 4 years ago

It hard to tell by your pictures. If it is a butter cabinet, it’ll be so much shinier and clear than any other pin you have. It’ll look like you cleared coated it with a high gloss.

#3032 4 years ago

It’ll also be smooth as butter when you run your fingers over it.

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from brett:

It hard to tell by your pictures. If it is a butter cabinet, it’ll be so much shinier and clear than any other pin you have. It’ll look like you cleared coated it with a high gloss.

It has a gloss to it and can see the reflection of my tetris rug in the first picture. Just not sure if the standard decals have any gloss to them either.

#3034 4 years ago

Standard looks *damn* good too. Hard to say from your photo.

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Standard looks *damn* good too. Hard to say from your photo.

Agreed. I was confused if it was a butter or standard when I saw the decals in person too. They do a really good job.

#3036 4 years ago

It looks damn sexy either way, such a beautiful pin.

#3037 4 years ago

Check the back edge and cabinet head. If it has decals they will be easy to see up close.

#3038 4 years ago

I just picked up and Hobbit Smaug with radcals. This is high gloss and looks like a clear coat finish as well. Compared to my non butter ACNC, the difference is very noticeable. I hope you didn't pay the extra cash before verifying this? This was a $1000.00 upgrade!
Although I've never seen a butter cab, I can't imagine how it would look different than radcals which are only a $400.00 dollar upgrade on a Jersey Jack pin. Which are basically a laminated decal as opposed to real paint and clear coat. We'll know in coming decades which will hold up better.
I remember Vid saying back when radcals came out, that it would be far cheaper to order your pin without the decals installed and then bring them to a print shop and have them laminated and install them yourself for a fraction of the price. I wonder if that has ever been done??

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Check the back edge and cabinet head. If it has decals they will be easy to see up close.

Thanks, will check it out.

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I hope you didn't pay the extra cash before verifying this? This was a $1000.00 upgrade!

I got it for what second hand ACNC go for without butter add on, no worries!!!

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

if that's the case, you got super lucky!! Congrats!

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You can also just send Spooky an email, give them your game number and see what they have on record.

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can also just send Spooky an email, give them your game number and see what they have on record.

Good idea, might do just that.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Good idea, might do just that.

May take a while, but then you know for sure.

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Trying to figure out if my game is a butter cabinet. The guy I bought it from said it had pretty much every option. Can anyone tell from these pics?[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m seeing a subtly textured surface that is in the reflection of the pixelated rug on the left side of the cabinet. This is similar to how the reflections appear on my non-butter TNA. Butter finish has a glass smooth feel to it with no hint of any slight “orange peel” surface. Anyway, I think this is a regular cabinet. Doesn’t matter, it’s still wonderful art exceedingly well done; you got an awesome game.

#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I’m seeing a subtly textured surface that is in the reflection of the pixelated rug on the left side of the cabinet. This is similar to how the reflections appear on my non-butter TNA. Butter finish has a glass smooth feel to it with no hint of any slight “orange peel” surface. Anyway, I think this is a regular cabinet. Doesn’t matter, it’s still wonderful art exceedingly well done; you got an awesome game.

Yeah I think it's just a standard cab, doesn't have any more gloss than one of my Stern's decals.

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah I think it's just a standard cab, doesn't have any more gloss than one of my Stern's decals.

If you bought the game form someone who spent $1,000 on an upgrade, I'd think he would disclose that specifically to you.

#3048 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If you bought the game form someone who spent $1,000 on an upgrade, I'd think he would disclose that specifically to you.

You would think that but from the short time I talked to him it sounded like he had quite a collection and could easily lose track of what option he ordered on what game. If I had seen a butter cab in person before there wouldn't be any guessing on my part, the art looks great either way.

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Look where it’s at when stuck. Might need to take the glass off and a flashlight. If it’s on the magnet...maybe it’s not quite level with the playfield and getting hooked up on a ridge.

I briefly had an issue with the ball getting stuck in the secret passage - the issue was one of the rollover switches. I just bent the switch wire a bit, so it's not so tall anymore.

#3050 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I doubt it's the butter cab. Seller would've emphasized that for sure. Also, you'd know for sure from looking at it in person.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/61?hl=arcadevideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.