(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 160.
#2901 4 years ago

Thanks for the pick on the power filter board. But to be sure, if you don't use J1 then what plug do you use? I do not want to fry anything. I am a rookie.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, no mention of re-adding a feature that was removed, sadly.

The Beta code has known issues. I just run it because it solved the problem of Frank not raising up all the way and releasing balls. I don't know if they removed the guillotine shot counting during monster modes. If that is what you're referring to.

#2903 4 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Thanks for the pick on the power filter board. But to be sure, if you don't use J1 then what plug do you use? I do not want to fry anything. I am a rookie.

I would PM SpookyLuke

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/spookyluke/contact

#2904 4 years ago

Thanks for contact info.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

The Beta code has known issues. I just run it because it solved the problem of Frank not raising up all the way and releasing balls. I don't know if they removed the guillotine shot counting during monster modes. If that is what you're referring to.

Apparently pinside removed your quote, as my message of "yeah, no mention of reintroducing code that was removed" was in reply to your double-quoted message here:

#2906 4 years ago

Nothing I said was removed?

#2907 4 years ago

I was wondering now r+m sold out so fast - is acnc already fully sold out or are there still some available?

#2908 4 years ago

Yes, it’s still available. Crazy to say, but not all 500 have sold.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I was wondering now r+m sold out so fast - is acnc already fully sold out or are there still some available?

I think Charlie mentioned that this week was the last week of ACNC production and they are moving right into Rick and Morty production after Christmas break. If you want in on ACNC, I'd suggest ordering one from Spooky here in the next day or two. With Rick and Morty slated for 18 months of production, I'm guessing that ACNC will not be run again to fill out the 500 cap.

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I think Charlie mentioned that this week was the last week of ACNC production and they are moving right into Rick and Morty production after Christmas break. If you want in on ACNC, I'd suggest ordering one from Spooky here in the next day or two. With Rick and Morty slated for 18 months of production, I'm guessing that ACNC will not be run again to fill out the 500 cap.

My understsnding is that all 500 are made. Only a few remain unsold

#2911 4 years ago

It's a genuine mystery to me how R&M sells so fast yet ACNC did not? IMO, ACNC is a far more beautiful pin. But then again, I am a sucker for haunted themes and do like all the songs on this pin. I also think it's a ton of fun to play! Hell, I never even watched a R&M show! To all you guys in on a R&M, it's gonna be a looooong wait. I waited 18 months for ACNC. Not up for that again. I did at least play a prototype of ACNC at PATZ. Buying sight unseen is for people a lot richer than me! I need to watch the show first I guess. Maybe I'll buy a used HUO R&M down the road though. Time will tell.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's a genuine mystery to me how R&M sells so fast yet ACNC did not? ...

Theme

Danesi

Shot difficulty

HYPE

#2913 4 years ago

No, it must have been the redesigned speaker/display panel!

- Also, I find it hard to believe R&M beat out ACNC on theme??? I must be getting old!

- And as far as shot difficulty, everyone bitched about ACNC being too tight on shots? (Makes it fun for me) Is R&M supposed to shoot easier?

- Danesi maybe..

- Hype for sure!!

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's a genuine mystery to me how R&M sells so fast yet ACNC did not? IMO, ACNC is a far more beautiful pin. But then again, I am a sucker for haunted themes and do like all the songs on this pin. I also think it's a ton of fun to play! Hell, I never even watched a R&M show! To all you guys in on a R&M, it's gonna be a looooong wait. I waited 18 months for ACNC. Not up for that again. I did at least play a prototype of ACNC at PATZ. Buying sight unseen is for people a lot richer than me! I need to watch the show first I guess. Maybe I'll buy a used HUO R&M down the road though. Time will tell.

I agree with @tuna_delight . Spooky learned from everything they did wrong with the ACNC launch and adjusted on the R&M launch. I still get people coming up to me complaining about how the code sucks on ACNC based on the code they first played at TPF when it first came out. I always invite them over to let them play and realize how awesome ACNC is. I'm still surprised when I get pretty serious players telling me the code sucks. Especially after Bowen's video from TPF last year. Spooky will always face this problem because there just aren't enough games out in the wild for people to play. Every new stern is at thousands of locations, which equals more chances for people to have a great experience on a game. Back to my original point, Spooky did this launch right. That plus the R&M theme is why it sold so quickly. Plus the team that's putting the game together.

#2915 4 years ago

Hopefully Spooky can use all this RM money to fix the memory leak issue on Alice and complete the code!

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I agree with @tuna_delight . Spooky learned from everything they did wrong with the ACNC launch and adjusted on the R&M launch. I still get people coming up to me complaining about how the code sucks on ACNC based on the code they first played at TPF when it first came out. I always invite them over to let them play and realize how awesome ACNC is. I'm still surprised when I get pretty serious players telling me the code sucks. Especially after Bowen's video from TPF last year. Spooky will always face this problem because there just aren't enough games out in the wild for people to play. Every new stern is at thousands of locations, which equals more chances for people to have a great experience on a game. Back to my original point, Spooky did this launch right. That plus the R&M theme is why it sold so quickly. Plus the team that's putting the game together.

The only things they did wrong:

(1) the significant lag between announcement and shipping
(2) a very public disagreement between Spooky and Ben Heck. I really think Ben's decision to trash the game on a podcast had potential buyers back peddling. It certainly had me put interest on pause. It was until I played the game that I made the decision to buy (which, admittedly, is how it should be anyway!)

The whole code issue is kind of irrelevant because so many releases across manufacturers have had issues with code

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Hopefully Spooky can use all this RM money to fix the memory leak issue on Alice and complete the code!

What is this memory issue? I have had zero issues with my AC so far.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have had zero issues with my AC so far.

Because it reboots periodically, especially when you set a high score. This clears the memory and keeps the game running fast and smooth. A temporary solution until the memory leak is resolved. I had digital brain fluid all over my floor last night!

#2919 4 years ago

And here I though ACNC would be a sought after collectors one day! But you're right about too few in the wild. People don't get to see and play one, so ratings never go up and a great pin goes unnoticed.

#2920 4 years ago

I have my ACNC on location in boise, idaho. I threw a deposit at RAM. For me it was the theme alone that had me in on it. Its a great show. First time for me that something i like is getting a pinball machine. I see it as the machine that attracts the younger generation to pinball. Im 31, and hoping to grab the attention of all the college kids with this on location.

Back to ACNC really hoping for a code update soon! Im on beta code .6 and end of ball bonuses are not being added, that can be a game changer for some people in tournament play. I had a 4x11 mil bonus last night in tournament that i didn't get, but luckily didn't need it. It was a good trade off with the code as an operator though as it fixed franks sticky balls. I was in there every day or every other day freeing a stuck ball. Havent had to free a ball in 2+ weeks since on the new code. Earnings are up as there is less downtime. I've noticed a handful of other bugs i think, but will need to try and replicate them. One thing i think i noticed was having mystery lit during crypt multi ball activated mystery instead of giving a crypt jackpot. There were some other weird mystery shot things which seemed to act different in different modes, like not award the mystery in certain modes(just kicks ball back out, even though lit), or unlighting mystery after the mode.

Also, any chance of getting a lcd panel upgrade for ACNC? One like on RAM would make the screen more visible.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Back to ACNC really hoping for a code update soon! Im on beta code .6 and end of ball bonuses are not being added, that can be a game changer for some people in tournament play. I had a 4x11 mil bonus last night in tournament that i didn't get, but luckily didn't need it. It was a good trade off with the code as an operator though as it fixed franks sticky balls. I was in there every day or every other day freeing a stuck ball. Havent had to free a ball in 2+ weeks since on the new code. Earnings are up as there is less downtime. I've noticed a handful of other bugs i think, but will need to try and replicate them. One thing i think i noticed was having mystery lit during crypt multi ball activated mystery instead of giving a crypt jackpot. There were some other weird mystery shot things which seemed to act different in different modes, like not award the mystery in certain modes(just kicks ball back out, even though lit), or unlighting mystery after the mode.

You're on 1.0.7.6? Or something before that?

If on that, any tips appreciated on how the flying fuck to get in touch with whoever I NEED to be in touch with for beta-testing would be helpful. Was told I was on the beta team, but then silence since October. From ALL the Spooky accounts.

I'm looking forward to what they can do, and am about to have some people test new magnet ballsave code, making it somewhat more reliable.

Quoted from KingHebes:

Also, any chance of getting a lcd panel upgrade for ACNC? One like on RAM would make the screen more visible.

Likely since R&M use the same hardware, once it's release, you can contact them and order a screen and use it. I didn't see enough of the game in the video to notice a difference in the screen though.

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likely since R&M use the same hardware, once it's release, you can contact them and order a screen and use it. I didn't see enough of the game in the video to notice a difference in the screen though.

I think he's talking about the fold down speaker/LCD panel Charlie shows in video. It seems to tilt back also. This is a great improvement!
Also, I would like to upgrade the LCD to a better quality IPS panel that doesn't suffer from off axis viewing angles. Watch the display on your knees and notice how nice it pops with better black level. Ya I'm anal!

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think he's talking about the fold down speaker/LCD panel Charlie shows in video. It seems to tilt back also. This is a great improvement!
Also, I would like to upgrade the LCD to a better quality IPS panel that doesn't suffer from off axis viewing angles. Watch the display on your knees and notice how nice it pops with better black level. Ya I'm anal!

Aah, I missed that!

Seeing how the LCD used uses HDMI in, find one the same size of the panel, and you should be able to switch them out. I, personally, would look for an OLED one.

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Aah, I missed that!
Seeing how the LCD used uses HDMI in, find one the same size of the panel, and you should be able to switch them out. I, personally, would look for an OLED one.

You just have to swap out the controller and panel. I did it on TNA... the improvements were noticeable. Although, I don’t find ACNC to be all that insulting to the eyes

#2925 4 years ago

I’m finding the code to be a super drag. secret passage holds onto the ball when lit. Causing a ball search nightmare resulting in the game forgetting there’s a ball in frank and letting crypt lock go. Also frank lock issues in multi player. Stacking locked balls because there’s no switch telling it there’s a ball in there already . Really bummed about these oversights.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

I’m finding the code to be a super drag. secret passage holds onto the ball when lit. Causing a ball search nightmare resulting in the game forgetting there’s a ball in frank and letting crypt lock go. Also frank lock issues in multi player. Stacking locked balls because there’s no switch telling it there’s a ball in there already . Really bummed about these oversights.

Not sure how a ball getting stuck in the secret passage is a code issue?

#2927 4 years ago

Check what it’s getting hung up on. Maybe more of a minor adjustment thing. Also,Frank has tons of adjustments in the service menu to fine tune him.

#2928 4 years ago

Does anyone have an Alice F/T in the NY area? Thanks

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

I think the biggest code drag is the mystery award, itself. It’s the same Thing every single time! At first I ignored it... now it’s driving me crazy.

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think the biggest code drag is the mystery award, itself. It’s the same Thing every single time! At first I ignored it... now it’s driving me crazy.

Agreed. Have you looked in the service menu if it can be more random...I need to do this tomorrow. It does change with each time you hit it with the same game...but very linear.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It changes as you battle more and more monsters.

That being said, it would be nice to have an adjustment if you didn’t want to be awarded monster modes early on in the game.

#2932 4 years ago

Modders. I’m looking for custom push buttons (a monster head, Alice head, who knows). Kinda like a custom shooter. Is there anyone out there making these?

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Not sure how a ball getting stuck in the secret passage is a code issue?

It only happens when passage has been activated

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

It only happens when passage has been activated

Look where it’s at when stuck. Might need to take the glass off and a flashlight. If it’s on the magnet...maybe it’s not quite level with the playfield and getting hooked up on a ridge.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It changes as you battle more and more monsters.
That being said, it would be nice to have an adjustment if you didn’t want to be awarded monster modes early on in the game.

It really should be random from the get/go. Silly to have a mystery hole be so repetitive.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Look where it’s at when stuck. Might need to take the glass off and a flashlight. If it’s on the magnet...maybe it’s not quite level with the playfield and getting hooked up on a ridge.

Yea , I’m sure that’s it, my point was less about where it’s getting caught. And more about how the ball search completely screws up the ball lock locations and basically the game at play.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Yea , I’m sure that’s it, my point was less about where it’s getting caught. And more about how the ball search completely screws up the ball lock locations and basically the game at play.

I get it. But when ball search doesn’t make sense, it’s usually not code, but mechanical. I got mine just a few weeks ago, and a couple mechanical adjustments or service menu adjustments and it works great.

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I get it. But when ball search doesn’t make sense, it’s usually not code, but mechanical. I got mine just a few weeks ago, and a couple mechanical adjustments or service menu adjustments and it works great.

The ball search kicks out crypt locked ball and forgets if there is a ball in frank . That is all code. If the game can’t Remember where the locked balls are then that must be code.

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

The ball search kicks out crypt locked ball and forgets if there is a ball in frank . That is all code. If the game can’t Remember where the locked balls are then that must be code.

The game attempts to release locked balls after the ball search fails to get the ball out other ways (eg, because it's stuck on the magnet). There is a bug about it losing track of locks after releasing them in ball search, as I've reported previously, but releasing the locks to free a stuck ball that potentially is in a lock is the right thing to do

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Make sure the Frank switches are triggered with every lock. Mine was “sometimes”. The ball wasn’t quite settling in. Slight adjustment goes a long way...just takes experimenting. What code are you on?

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The game attempts to release locked balls after the ball search fails to get the ball out other ways (eg, because it's stuck on the magnet). There is a bug about it losing track of locks after releasing them in ball search, as I've reported previously, but releasing the locks to free a stuck ball that potentially is in a lock is the right thing to do

So yea, bummed about code.... ntm that forgetting locked balls stacks on frank requiring pulling the glass. Bringing me back to my post of code and oversights. Just frustrating to deal with.

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

So yea, bummed about code.... ntm that forgetting locked balls stacks on frank requiring pulling the glass. Bringing me back to my post of code and oversights. Just frustrating to deal with.

Wish I was closer...would be over to trouble shoot. What code are you on?

#2943 4 years ago

I have had a few issues lately (74 code)...

1) I had a two-player game where something in ball 1 triggered the shaker motor, which stayed on for the duration of the game.

2) Twice I have completed Alice and the ball gets stuck on top of the guillotine. I assume that it is supposed to drop through the bottom. The ball drops down but maybe not far enough to clear and then raises back up and is stuck. I have to tilt and lose everything to get it unstuck. Any suggestions?

3) At the end of the game when Frank rises to clear the balls, he doesn't quite go high enough and the ball stays stuck on the top corner. No amount of shaking will move it. I have to remove the glass. Oddly, no ball search is triggered if I start a new game. Any suggestions?

Overall, great game but definitely some weird quirks

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have had a few issues lately (74 code)...
1) I had a two-player game where something in ball 1 triggered the shaker motor, which stayed on for the duration of the game.
2) Twice I have completed Alice and the ball gets stuck on top of the guillotine. I assume that it is supposed to drop through the bottom. The ball drops down but maybe not far enough to clear and then raises back up and is stuck. I have to tilt and lose everything to get it unstuck. Any suggestions?
3) At the end of the game when Frank rises to clear the balls, he doesn't quite go high enough and the ball stays stuck on the top corner. No amount of shaking will move it. I have to remove the glass. Oddly, no ball search is triggered if I start a new game. Any suggestions?
Overall, great game but definitely some weird quirks

Adjust guillotine and Frank height in service menu.

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Adjust guillotine and Frank height in service menu.

I looked through the various menus and I can't seem to find adjustments for these. Can you be more specific?

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I looked through the various menus and I can't seem to find adjustments for these. Can you be more specific?

It’s in utilities then servos. It works best to page thru with the flipper buttons. It’ll take some coin door inputs too to choose and adjust. Once a new adjustment is made, use the flipper buttons to get to “save” and save the adjustment before exiting.

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Aah, I missed that!

I looked into OLED. Too expensive and not necessary. Also, there are vary limited configurations available. The IPS displays are good enough and much more affordable and common for laptop displays. I'm not sure of what to order though. That interface on display is not HDMI, and the display has to fit into bracket and have this connector in the right place and mounting screw holes too. The controller boards are all built onto these new displays differently as well. This could be a problem for mounting. Anyone that can advise me, I would really appreciate it! I never dealt with laptop displays before.
led-1366-768-g-40-15.6 (resized).jpgled-1366-768-g-40-15.6 (resized).jpg

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Played 10 games last night before the issue started happening. The game started kicking multiple balls into the lane, triggering crypt when not actually hit, and prematurely ending balls due to having lost balls in play (up to 3 at one point). The 10 games before the issue were flawless. So I pulled the glass and tried triggering the optos like Spooky told me to do (by hitting the PF with my hand). No false triggers. Then I proceeded to check for loose hardware and connections as coyote and spookyluke suggested. I couldn't find any lose connections or hardware. All the drop down target mechs appear to be working properly, though they did seem to have a few rough spots during operation. I started to wonder if they are getting hung up mechanically leaving the switch opened/closed depending on the droptarget position. Finally I cleaned the optos, gave the PF a quick clean and put the glass back on. I played a 4 player co-op game and the issue did not persist. I'm pretty perplexed at this point. Everytime it has happened it's after the game has been played for a while. Almost like something is getting hot and malfunctioning.

Looks like I’m in the same boat as you. My crypt lock is registering hits all on its own, causing balls to launch. The game is getting confused as to how many balls are on the playfield.

I tried playing some games yesterday and the issue seemed to randomly occur. But it got to the point that the game was unplayable. Shut it off... just don’t have the time to trouble shoot at the moment.

I’m wondering if the drop target isn’t being held in the up position, mechanically, causing it to drop.

Has anyone else had any issue like this and found a fix?

Frustrating for sure. This is piling on top of some of other quirks that randomly launch balls. The thought of shutting ACNC down until the next code drop has crossed my mind... because I’m not entirely convinced the code isn’t the issue in some cases. I don’t want to chase my tail for hours (looking for mechanical causes) only to find out the code is the problem... especially since the Spooky has indicated they know there’s some other issues, but it doesn’t seem like they’re entirely clear on how to fix them...?

#2950 4 years ago

To everyone having issues with their game, I would urge you to email Spooky and get support through them. I'm not saying ask here, but they are very good at answering email and chances are they know what is going on.

As for the crypt lock, I believe that it is an optical sensor as well as a drop target so I would check the switch menu to make sure it isn't triggering on it's own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/59?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.