(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,001 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DrBernd
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 161.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners
1) is this relatively young kid friendly?
2) how is the quality? I heard these can be plagued with issues
I know you all probably love it but please let me know your thoughts

1. MY 10 year old loves it.
2. Fine.

yes I love it. To death.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I spam this in a few threads. Alice cooper will be playing right across the street (1 block) from the Midwest Gaming Classics in Milwaukee WI next year. The show is Saturday April 4th. He will be playing at the Miller Highlife theater. tickets on sale now! use promo code POISON. I got my tickets see you there
[quoted image]

Dan and Gary from MGC have me run my board game library at the MGC so I cannot go. If you go to MGC stop by the giant board game library of 2000 games and say hi!

www.milcog.com

www.facebook.com/milwaukeecompanyofgamers

#2853 4 years ago

So i found the stretch toy in the dungeon where you shoot the guillotine while in the dungeon and it stretched the guy on the rack for a bonus.

Any other hidden toys for bonus like this hidden in the rooms? I can't see anything in the ballroom, conservatory, or lab that looks like it matches something on the play field....

#2854 4 years ago

My wife and I can’t get enough. This is an incredible hit for Spooky! The quality, code, layout, art...WOW! And you get the Spooky team with purchase...doesn’t get any better. Spooky isn’t just a company, they are a family...which you become part of when you purchase one.

#2855 4 years ago

I wish they were not so expensive in Australia to get in.

#2856 4 years ago

If spooky or some modder would come out with a new piece of wood that holds the lcd in place that would be awesome. As mentioned before the top half of the scores get cut off as the lcd is set too far inside the wood, unless you are like less than 5'5" tall. Seems like an easy enough mod for any handy wood worker.

Also i hope the mode scoring gets balanced in the next code update. Pit creature is by far the most lucrative mode. Zombie is worth waayyy less for a single roving hurry up, which IMO is much harder than shooting your choice of 3-6 shots. Even compared to insects which are both hurry ups, zombie is harder and worth less. Werewolf misses (red shots) are worth more than correct shots(green). Im sure there are other imbalances, this is just what's coming to mind.

Also is anyone able to loop the left orbit? If i hit the left orbit the ball feeds to the very tip of the right flipper, i can hit maybe mystery scoop, but hitting another left orbit on the fly is impossible on my machine. Im right around 7 degrees. +/- .1.

#2857 4 years ago

I’m able to repeatedly loop...6.5 degrees...per Spooky. It’s a rush!

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

If spooky or some modder would come out with a new piece of wood that holds the lcd in place that would be awesome. As mentioned before the top half of the scores get cut off as the lcd is set too far inside the wood, unless you are like less than 5'5" tall. Seems like an easy enough mod for any handy wood worker.
Also i hope the mode scoring gets balanced in the next code update. Pit creature is by far the most lucrative mode. Zombie is worth waayyy less for a single roving hurry up, which IMO is much harder than shooting your choice of 3-6 shots. Even compared to insects which are both hurry ups, zombie is harder and worth less. Werewolf misses (red shots) are worth more than correct shots(green). Im sure there are other imbalances, this is just what's coming to mind.
Also is anyone able to loop the left orbit? If i hit the left orbit the ball feeds to the very tip of the right flipper, i can hit maybe mystery scoop, but hitting another left orbit on the fly is impossible on my machine. Im right around 7 degrees. +/- .1.

I've had some decent runs on Zombie, but you have to hit shots quick before the value decreases. Other than that I agree, pit creature is the one to go for for consistent high scores.
To your question on orbits, I originally had my game set to 6.5 and could hit both orbits 2-3x sometimes. I increased the slope to 7 last weekend and now I'm having a lot of trouble hitting the right orbit, but the right ramp is much smoother than it was at 6.5 for me. Still able to hit several orbits on the left, but the right is killing me for some reason. Probably just need a little more time to get use to the new setup. I decided to increase the slope in an effort to tame the side to side action a bit, and it's helped with that a little. At 6.5 there were times the game felt pretty floaty with too much side to side action.

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've had some decent runs on Zombie, but you have to hit shots quick before the value decreases. Other than that I agree, pit creature is the one to go for for consistent high scores.
To your question on orbits, I originally had my game set to 6.5 and could hit both orbits 2-3x sometimes. I increased the slope to 7 last weekend and now I'm having a lot of trouble hitting the right orbit, but the right ramp is much smoother than it was at 6.5 for me. Still able to hit several orbits on the left, but the right is killing me for some reason. Probably just need a little more time to get use to the new setup. I decided to increase the slope in an effort to tame the side to side action a bit, and it's helped with that a little. At 6.5 there were times the game felt pretty floaty with too much side to side action.

My game is 7+... both orbits are difficult but doable

#2860 4 years ago

I’m getting acnc tomorrow. I’m sure there is a list of mods in this thread but is there any must haves? I want to order them today

Thanks in advance!

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting acnc tomorrow. I’m sure there is a list of mods in this thread but is there any must haves? I want to order them today
Thanks in advance!

All of Medisinyl's Mods are top notch. I'd recommend any of them. i have the secret passage sign, arch, crypt, and tower mods currently. Hoping to get his other 2 offerings after Christmas.

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks in advance!

Quoted from GuiitarMan:

All of Medisinyl's Mods are top notch. I'd recommend any of them. i have the secret passage sign, arch, crypt, and tower mods currently. Hoping to get his other 2 offerings after Christmas.

I appreciate the mention and feedback. Thank you!

While it's hard to say mods are a "must-have," for my game, the habitrail arch was necessary to prevent some balls hopping the rail (not an issue for everyone).

The Crypt, Volcano, and Secret Passage sign are perhaps the best value options, and are in ~10%+ of all Alice games currently. Crypt adds the most to the game IMO, covering an otherwise empty and less attractive area without inhibiting any relevant visibility (also shining a light on the locked crypt ball below).

Links below to all of the mods I currently offer. Any interest is appreciated.

Crypt and Secret Passage sign: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-

Volcano and Lab: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02747-acnc-36-led-fire-volcano-mod-and-frankenstein-s-lab-mod-

Habitrail tunnel and Vamp Tower: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02520-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-arch-and-tower-mods-acnc-

Other mods are still planned for ACNC in the near future, and I'm finally nearing the end of my order list, so more developing time soon. I've been working on a more universal pin mod, though Elvira may be next in line for a couple mods.

#2863 4 years ago

Tower of Torture #7 available for shipping!

This is the last one from the previous resin cast & paint job. (picture shows my installed tower)

I will only make more if I can 2+ people to order in the future.

PM if interested.

TowerOfTorture (resized).JPGTowerOfTorture (resized).JPG
#2864 4 years ago

I got my acnc and we love it. My only question is around the shaking. I don’t think it has a shaker motor but the bass from the giant speaker rattles the hell out of it. Assuming it is the bass, how do I turn that down?

#2865 4 years ago

Check back a couple of pages ago, this was a topic on here. But basically lift your playfield, halfway in the box is a treble / bass tuner. Take it easy in adjustments. Once you know where it is and the knob layout you might be able to reach in from the coindoor to make additional adjustments.

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Check back a couple of pages ago, this was a topic on here. But basically lift your playfield, halfway in the box is a treble / bass tuner. Take it easy in adjustments. Once you know where it is and the knob layout you might be able to reach in from the coindoor to make additional adjustments.

Thank you!

#2867 4 years ago

Is that speaker and amp standard on acnc? If so, is it standard on all spooky pins?

#2868 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is that speaker and amp standard on acnc? If so, is it standard on all spooky pins?

Yes. At least on TNA too. No sure about pins before that.

#2869 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. At least on TNA too. No sure about pins before that.

Nice, it’s my first spooky pin and we are loving it!

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got my acnc and we love it. My only question is around the shaking. I don’t think it has a shaker motor but the bass from the giant speaker rattles the hell out of it. Assuming it is the bass, how do I turn that down?

Don’t adjust output... get some anti-rattle tape!

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don’t adjust output... get some anti-rattle tape!

Does anti rattle tape go around the glass? Do you have pics?

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anti rattle tape go around the glass? Do you have pics?

It goes around the edge of the glass, longways. When the glass is in the game, you can’t see it. I put on 2 layers... all rattle is gone.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#2873 4 years ago

By the way... I meant you “can’t” see it. Not can

Correction made

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It goes around the edge of the glass, longways. When the glass is in the game, you can see it. I put on 2 layers... all rattle is gone.
https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

Cool thanks!

#2875 4 years ago

See the post above. I mistyped (but you probably figured that out)

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the mention and feedback. Thank you!
While it's hard to say mods are a "must-have," for my game, the habitrail arch was necessary to prevent some balls hopping the rail (not an issue for everyone).
The Crypt, Volcano, and Secret Passage sign are perhaps the best value options, and are in ~10%+ of all Alice games currently. Crypt adds the most to the game IMO, covering an otherwise empty and less attractive area without inhibiting any relevant visibility (also shining a light on the locked crypt ball below).
Links below to all of the mods I currently offer. Any interest is appreciated.
Crypt and Secret Passage sign: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02702-alice-cooper-secret-passage-sign-and-crypt-mods-acnc-
Volcano and Lab: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02747-acnc-36-led-fire-volcano-mod-and-frankenstein-s-lab-mod-
Habitrail tunnel and Vamp Tower: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02520-alice-cooper-s-nightmare-castle-arch-and-tower-mods-acnc-
Other mods are still planned for ACNC in the near future, and I'm finally nearing the end of my order list, so more developing time soon. I've been working on a more universal pin mod, though Elvira may be next in line for a couple mods.

I ordered a couple of mods now that I have the pin and can see where they fit. Thanks!

#2877 4 years ago

I just noticed while playing today that shooting the Guillotine during a monster mode - even modes that have nothing to do with it (like Werewolf) - do NOT award you a "Chop".

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I just noticed while playing today that shooting the Guillotine during a monster mode - even modes that have nothing to do with it (like Werewolf) - do NOT award you a "Chop".

Hmmm, I didn't notice that before either. I'll have to verify this.

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was let down, as duiring the Werewolf, I got a good 3 or 4 shots up the Guillotine, and when the mode ended, I was still at "9 shots to Extra Ball". I was really bummed.

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

ordered a couple of mods now that I have the pin and can see where they fit

Glad you made the jump to ACNC! I ordered my Mods tonight. I really didn’t think this game needed anything, until I saw Greg’s mods! Perfect fit

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Glad you made the jump to ACNC! I ordered my Mods tonight. I really didn’t think this game needed anything, until I saw Greg’s mods! Perfect fit

RGB Crypt is a necessity IMO if you have the lighted speaker grills.

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

RGB Crypt is a necessity IMO if you have the lighted speaker grills.

Oh yes ...
Done!

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Both Greg and his mods are great!

#2884 4 years ago

With all the attention on R&M, likely this will get lost here, but..

If anyone does NOT have the little plastic disk over their center magnet, *and* is having issues with the ball save, *AND* wants to beta-test a software solution, please send me a PM.

#2885 4 years ago

Finally got mine! #239 checking in!

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from snailskin:

Finally got mine! #239 checking in!

Wow, nice!

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I also noticed this, after switching to the new beta code.

#2888 4 years ago

Just received my new ACNC Topper. Instructions said to plug splitter in 5v line (red & black wires) out of the power filter board (9x9 board). Can anyone post a pic of where this board and plug should be plugged in at. Any help would be appreciated.

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I also noticed this, after switching to the new beta code.

So it's only a Beta code issue then? That's what I'm running now.

** Anyone else want to verify if this is the case or not with the non Beta code?

#2890 4 years ago

With the R&M fervor... I’m curious to see what happens with the ACNC code. Seems like a lot of owners are expecting some sort of massive code update that uncorks a ton of new rules, fleshed out code within rooms, etc.

I’m really not sure what to expect

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Just received my new ACNC Topper. Instructions said to plug splitter in 5v line (red & black wires) out of the power filter board (9x9 board). Can anyone post a pic of where this board and plug should be plugged in at. Any help would be appreciated.

Be VERY CAREFUL! Here’s a pic of the board. It’s in the back of the cab. DO NOT USE J1...pic shows J1...don’t do that. Make sure you aren’t a pin off (5v becomes 12v). I was and fried everything...Spooky stood behind me...they are awesome...otherwise it would have been a very expensive mistake.

842EF35D-3A91-48FB-B9BC-A3C09B426906 (resized).jpeg842EF35D-3A91-48FB-B9BC-A3C09B426906 (resized).jpeg
#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

With the R&M fervor... I’m curious to see what happens with the ACNC code. Seems like a lot of owners are expecting some sort of massive code update that uncorks a ton of new rules, fleshed out code within rooms, etc.

Different programmer for Rick and Morty . Hope that gives Fawzma A nice window of time to work on ACNC , I would like to see weapons to be found in rooms that help you battle the monsters .

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Different programmer for Rick and Morty . Hope that gives Fawzma A nice window of time to work on ACNC , I would like to see weapons to be found in rooms that help you battle the monsters .

Also, I would like activities in rooms. Think of the Dungeon room stretch points using guillotine. More rooms like that would be cool!

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Be VERY CAREFUL! Here’s a pic of the board. It’s in the back of the cab. DO NOT USE J1...pic shows J1...don’t do that. Make sure you aren’t a pin off (5v becomes 12v). I was and fried everything...Spooky stood behind me...they are awesome...otherwise it would have been a very expensive mistake.[quoted image]

WOW!
Bummer!

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There was talk a handful of pages back that there was an update coming. (Don't know about "massive"..) Supposedly they're holing back until the memory leak can be found.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Sadly, I don't think it's going to be a thing. But I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sadly, I don't think it's going to be a thing. But I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Update has a ton of fixes for the ball search and extra ball from trough issue as well as adjustment for trough failure.
Tech guys here are all hands on deck fixing the memory. Just be patient with us I am told it is way more complicated than I can understand lol. Topper code is next on the list for improvement also. It is very early currently. Again we are not stopping on this games code anytime soon we are not going to leave you guys hanging who knows what could come yet. This game was a whole new system for our guy and it has been an uphill battle. We are getting better every day.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

What Luke said... bigger picture code issues to solve at the moment (and doing so) ... THEN the flashy blinky cool rules stuff can keep rolling.

#2897 4 years ago

Yeah, no mention of re-adding a feature that was removed, sadly.

#2898 4 years ago

The speculation is we won’t have an update until they figure out the memory “leak”/dump issue

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I know that's what I'm expecting, along with more sounds and callouts. I'm also expecting a fix that stops my game from rebooting every 3 plays. I'm expecting great things. Spooky team will deliver...

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I know that's what I'm expecting, along with more sounds and callouts. I'm also expecting a fix that stops my game from rebooting every 3 plays. I'm expecting great things. Spooky will deliver...

The rebooting is the band-aid solution for the memory leak for now, so game keeps running smooth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/58?hl=superhawk2300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.