(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 160.
#2801 4 years ago

Easy setting takes you to the monster with one Or two orbits , factory setting is three orbits , hard is four . I’ve kept it on the factory setting so I’m not sure of any other difference but the I know the big change for those settings is the number of shots to reach the monster .

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Pin Stadium lighting. Where are the connections for GI Blue/White and the Flasher Green/Red taken from?

Did you go with Fusion or regular PinStadiums? My Fusion arrived today. Going to install later tonight.

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So anyone got a list of differences in difficulty level from Easy Action, to the default Schools Out, to Nightmare?

Only if you put your spinner back.

#2804 4 years ago

Code release for Christmas....please!

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Spinner builds "insects" shot. So yes i would definately put it back in

#2806 4 years ago

'Welcome to my Nightmare' difficulty setting lets you visit the 3 rooms that are skipped (in the default difficulty setting) getting to the monster. With the future code, there will be things to do/collect in those rooms supposedly. I play in this setting now and love it!

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Did you go with Fusion or regular PinStadiums? My Fusion arrived today. Going to install later tonight.

Pin Stadium with UV glow. I ended up tapping into a GI bulb and a Flasher bulb by separating ribbon wire and putting alligator clip to it. Seems to work . Still have not mastered the App yet. Wired AC wire through lower mesh

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

So anyone got a list of differences in difficulty level from Easy Action, to the default Schools Out, to Nightmare?

Right now, as I believe it, the only difference is how many 'rooms' you travel per orbit. The default, 'School's Out' will send you two. The hardest, 'Nightmare', sends you only one. I believe that the easiest sends you three up, so the next orbit shot will award the Monster.

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Code release for Christmas....please!

I don't think there can be new code until the memory leak issue is solved.

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

I ended up tapping into a GI bulb and a Flasher bulb by separating ribbon wire and putting alligator clip to it. Seems to work

Thanks! Great line up you have!

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from TREX:

Pin Stadium lighting. Where are the connections for GI Blue/White and the Flasher Green/Red taken from? Also where did the power converter get plugged into? I assume since there is no service outlet this was spliced in. Pictures or details would be good if anyone has added these on a spooky system.

PinStadium's where a pain to install on Spooky! (Looks much easier for other manufactures with traditional lamp sockets)

For the GI: They provide wire probes that can be poked between the board and white header pins. Blue and Grey labeled “+” and “G”
Note - They show a pic in the instructions that puts the probe between the black connector and white header pins. This doesn't hold!
Better yet; soldering the probes to the back side of the board on the + and G pins would be more secure.

For the flashers: Tap into the Red and Black wires on your shaker board. Carefully strip a small section away to place the gator clips.

For power: I tapped into a 12 volt source. just inside the left of the coin door, you'll see a connector with a yellow (+) and black (-) wire.
I cut a couple feet of black and red wire and molex crimped a 0.156" pin to black/black and Red/yellow. Put those into a new molex connector and plugged back into the board. I cut off the connector from the plug provided and attached to the black and red leads.

OR, yes you can run the power cord out the bottom of the game.

Lets not kid ourselves, the GI on these P-roc games is awful. Hopefully Spooky can fix this in the future.

#2812 4 years ago

The new PinStadium Omega kit.

https://pinstadium.com/product/pin-stadium-pinball_led_lights_omega/

* These are supposed to eliminate the striping effect on ramps etc and give a smoother and more even lighting of your playfield.

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

PinStadium's where a pain to install on Spooky!

Thanks ... installing Fusions on mine.

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Lets not kid ourselves, the GI on these P-roc games is awful. Hopefully Spooky can fix this in the future.

I love the lighting on my game. A 25 watt clamp light above and off to the side (so it doesn't reflect off playfield glass) took care of the problem of lighting the playfield enough. Cost $5.00.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

'Welcome to my Nightmare' difficulty setting lets you visit the 3 rooms that are skipped (in the default difficulty setting) getting to the monster. With the future code, there will be things to do/collect in those rooms supposedly.

I'm glad to hear they have plans to make your path through the castle more interactive. I always thought it was kind of missed opportunity. I'd like to see both rewards and penalties in the rooms, as well as some mini modes/quests. This would make choosing which orbit to hit so much more fun and strategic.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I have no problem with it on my game. Though, I also don't play the game in the complete dark.

#2817 4 years ago

I actually like the lighting on this machine to be a little on the darker side.
It mends well with the theme.
There are not really any blind spots or areas that are seriously darker where you lose sight of the ball, so for me it’s good the way it is.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I also don't play the game in the complete dark.

I agree, easier to turn on the room lighting.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

A 25 watt clamp light above and off to the side

Getto, but effective. I will likely make my own (poorman) pin-stadiums next time.

I don't buy the "it fits the ambiance of the theme" that people have said. In the words of Bryan Kelly; "Bull Shit, Bull Shit, Bull Shit!"

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I agree, easier to turn on the room lighting.

Getto, but effective. I will likely make my own (poorman) pin-stadiums next time.
I don't buy the "it fits the ambiance of the theme" that people have said. In the words of Bryan Kelly; "Bull Shit, Bull Shit, Bull Shit!"

I have an unfinished basement ceiling I admit, so clamp lights work fine for me.

#2820 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered the scary blue powder coat (PC of your own coin door) from Matt at Black Alley? Thoughts?

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Has anyone ordered the scary blue powder coat (PC of your own coin door) from Matt at Black Alley? Thoughts?

Yes it great!

20190331_203236 (resized).jpg20190331_203236 (resized).jpg
#2822 4 years ago

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners

1) is this relatively young kid friendly?

2) how is the quality? I heard these can be plagued with issues

I know you all probably love it but please let me know your thoughts

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners

I find it to be kid friendly as the artwork, though dark, is comic/cartoonish in nature and I don’t find it overly gory. There’s enough Cabinet and playfield images in this thread to inform you enough to make your own decision though. To my knowledge, I can’t think of any call outs that would be non-kid friendly either. My nephews are ages 6-12 and they gravitate straight to this pin and their folks love it as well. Alice Cooper was on a muppets special after all...

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

1. Personally, I would think it would depend more on the parent OF the kid than the kid. There's no swearing (as far as I've heard yet) and the artwork is clean, if spooky. Some of the song lyrics could be taken the wrong way, and I think that's the worst of it.

2. It can go either way - I've had issues, but nothing more than I've eveer had back in the 90's with WMS or DE/Sega games. Others here have had worse luck, and a lot have had better.

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have an unfinished basement ceiling I admit, so clamp lights work fine for me.

I was going to have that done, but when Matt went over to snag the door Spooky had already finished my game.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

1) My 4 year old little cousin Ava was scared at first. After watching about 4 games, she wanted the lights off and was split flipping with me. She loves it, but said it needed less scary monsters and more unicorns!
2) 700+ games in and haven't had hardly any issues *knock on wood*

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

1. Personally, I would think it would depend more on the parent OF the kid than the kid. There's no swearing (as far as I've heard yet) and the artwork is clean, if spooky. Some of the song lyrics could be taken the wrong way, and I think that's the worst of it.

Thanks, we are not over protective and I let them see the playfield and art. They seemed good with it. I just get nervous on any crazy adult language or images. This art is more cartoonish fun

#2828 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, we are not over protective and I let them see the playfield and art. They seemed good with it. I just get nervous on any crazy adult language or images. This art isn’t cartoonish fun

I've had mine since August and play it daily. I haven't heard any adult language. Just very dry Alice commentary lol

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, we are not over protective and I let them see the playfield and art. They seemed good with it. I just get nervous on any crazy adult language or images. This art is more cartoonish fun

My kids (13 and 14) love it. But I do keep it off when smaller kids are around. The reason why is Pit Monster song is "Go to Hell" where the phrase, "you can go to hell" is used as the chorus. If that doesn't bother you, swing away. But for me...I just don't want my friends kids singing it in the back seat as they leave my house....because it is catchy.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My 4 year old loves ACNC and plays it every day. She repeats the call outs but there is no foul language. As for number 2 I’ve got close to 900 plays on mine. No major issues. Need to replace the rubbers but that’s it. Build quality of this game is good.

#2831 4 years ago

One of the deals Alice made with Spooky was there would be no profanity in the game.

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I was going to have that done, but when Matt went over to snag the door Spooky had already finished my game.

#2833 4 years ago

Timing just didn't work out unfortunately. I had been in contact with Matt well before the game was on the line, but by the time I found out it was on the line and touched base with Matt it was too late. He went over to pick up the door to PC, but my game was already boxed up.

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Kid friendly is so subjective... but this pin seems fairly tame

As for #2... build quality is great, but this is pinball. Anything can and may break or malfunction. It’s the nature of the beast.
Frankly, Spooky’s cabinets blow away stern in terms of quality. Under the playfield craftsman ship looks great. Top of the playfield is gorgeous. Can’t imagine what folks would complain about

#2835 4 years ago

I concur!

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

One of the deals Alice made with Spooky was there would be no profanity in the game.

Nice, that’s good to know

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Kid friendly is so subjective... but this pin seems fairly tame

Yep, I’m was more worried about the language because I couldn’t hear it when I played it. Sounds like it’s not an issue

#2838 4 years ago

I spam this in a few threads. Alice cooper will be playing right across the street (1 block) from the Midwest Gaming Classics in Milwaukee WI next year. The show is Saturday April 4th. He will be playing at the Miller Highlife theater. tickets on sale now! use promo code POISON. I got my tickets see you there
alice cooper (resized).jpgalice cooper (resized).jpg

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I spam this in a few threads. Alice cooper will be playing right across the street (1 block) from the Midwest Gaming Classics in Milwaukee WI next year. The show is Saturday April 4th. He will be playing at the Miller Highlife theater. tickets on sale now! use promo code POISON. I got my tickets see you there
[quoted image]

Make sure to invite him to the MGC! Seriously!

#2840 4 years ago

Someone who own this game should probably just trade me for my Rob Zombie. That would be cool

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Make sure to invite him to the MGC! Seriously!

My thoughts exactly. There will be at least one ACNC at MGC next year

#2842 4 years ago

Hey all,
If you haven't seen me before, I've been making some coindoor button replacement mods. I was trying my hand at one for ACNC, and just thought I'd leave a pic to see if you all had any feedback. Thanks much for your thoughts!
IMG_20191211_215107 (resized).jpgIMG_20191211_215107 (resized).jpg

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Sorry, I've been busy working on my new Hobbit Smaug Gold I've acquired. Too great a deal to pass up!

Congrats on the new pin, would love to own one of those someday!

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I would say the Vampire can be a little scary for a child, and Ethyl as she decays.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I would say the Vampire can be a little scary for a child, and Ethyl as she decays.

I guess to this point there are some suggestive um moans from Ethyl. Nothing like Xenon though. Pretty similar to the brief moans on the lick it up mode on Sterns KISS.

#2846 4 years ago

Parenting is the biggest thing. But don't sue alice cooper or spooky if your kid brings a gun to school, to try to get a girl. Or if you catch your kid digging up a corpse listen to the songs on the game and decide for yourself if you're fine with it, but as far as non song call outs its family friendly.

The plastic magnet cover made my magnet worse. Will try messing with it more, but i have it flush with the playfield so if i twist the magnet core to adjust it, the plastic cover will either sit a bit above or below the playfield. I had the magnet working pretty well before the magnet cover, might just take it back off if i can't dial it in.

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I actually like the lighting on this machine to be a little on the darker side.
It mends well with the theme.
There are not really any blind spots or areas that are seriously darker where you lose sight of the ball, so for me it’s good the way it is.

Same here. And since my games are in a basement with an unfinished ceiling, it's easy to stick a clamp light over a pin if someone wants the extra light. Personally I'd just want to light the upper playfield a bit better to show off the castle.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve had 0 issues with mine and I run a tight ship! I think we have a mutual friend in MI (PinKitten). Its better quality than any Stern I’ve played recently and I would say kid-friendly; where as my Luci and Met are not (insults are turned on).

Feel free to reach out if you have other questions and I’ll get you what you need!

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I’ve had 0 issues with mine and I run a tight ship! I think we have a mutual friend in MI (PinKitten). Its better quality than any Stern I’ve played recently and I would say kid-friendly; where as my Luci and Met are not (insults are turned on).
Feel free to reach out if you have other questions and I’ll get you what you need!

Yep, I know Pinkitten very well.

Thanks, we have a Lucy and it’s my daughters favorite pin because of the music.

I just put a deposit on acnc and will have it during the holiday break! Time to sell my nice baywatch to make room!

Thanks everyone else for your comments!

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Fine. Done. I'll have to putz with it to get it positioned better tho. Nothing as sad as finally hitting a good orbit shot and having it die a quarter way up the ramp and still sit in that damn castle foyer! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.