(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 160.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Only have had the game a few days and having crypt issues frequently. I read that pitch may be the issue with the balls getting stuck in there and the ball search is not clearing them out. I lowered the pitch to 6.3 and not helping. Is there a recommended pitch to use? The first drop target won't lower in test with a ball or two behind it.

Found the issue. The coil that drops the drop target was out of wack. Metal tab that keeps the swing arm close enough was bent out to far.

#2752 4 years ago

You guys with crypt and Frank problems need to check three things.
1) watch this video and do what it says...

2) Also this video on adjusting Frank switches...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=mUdqRZNG_tI&feature=emb_logo

3) Install this beta code. It solved the intermittent problem where Frank doesn't always raise up to the proper height set in the servo menu. This happened to me and the ball will not release. Also, if the ball in the Crypt lock is not being detected by the opto ( see video above), it gets lost and Frank gets messed up as well.

Beta Code link below.. ** There are other issues with this Beta Code, but so far it has solved my problems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AkcgFq2W2-TINgduoaMlo8eb4F7evzan

** Installing code will wipe your stats! So record you games played total etc. before installing if you care about that. See video below..

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Played 10 games last night before the issue started happening. The game started kicking multiple balls into the lane, triggering crypt when not actually hit, and prematurely ending balls due to having lost balls in play (up to 3 at one point). The 10 games before the issue were flawless. So I pulled the glass and tried triggering the optos like Spooky told me to do (by hitting the PF with my hand). No false triggers. Then I proceeded to check for loose hardware and connections as coyote and spookyluke suggested. I couldn't find any lose connections or hardware. All the drop down target mechs appear to be working properly, though they did seem to have a few rough spots during operation. I started to wonder if they are getting hung up mechanically leaving the switch opened/closed depending on the droptarget position. Finally I cleaned the optos, gave the PF a quick clean and put the glass back on. I played a 4 player co-op game and the issue did not persist. I'm pretty perplexed at this point. Everytime it has happened it's after the game has been played for a while. Almost like something is getting hot and malfunctioning.

Likely the opto in the end - it does sound like the opto *(or transmitter!) is overheating the longer it's on. I would see if you can get a replacement pair, and swap them out. If the issue continues, well, no problem in having a spare part for the future..

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

But its still really great and really well thought out design. Love it to death!

What does the Tilt sign say on the machine next to it?? Lolololol

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

What does the Tilt sign say on the machine next to it?? Lolololol

“Tilt ends game” is common on older pins.

rd

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likely the opto in the end - it does sound like the opto *(or transmitter!) is overheating the longer it's on. I would see if you can get a replacement pair, and swap them out. If the issue continues, well, no problem in having a spare part for the future..

Man I was looking at how to replace those optos, and it looks like it's going to be a PITA. Remove right ramp and a bunch of stuff (maybe part of the upper pf). Oh well. I did order the titan glow rubbers, so maybe it would be a good time to replace those and clean in those hard to reach areas.

#2757 4 years ago

So I looked but couldn't find the answer. Got a few questions I am sure you guys can answer....

Is the only way to light the Extra Ball is the 10 guillotine chops?

What is with the X's that light up on the two left ramp exits from the upper play field by the Extra Ball target? Am I trying to roll over the lit ones or light the dark ones?

People's best setting for Magneto Save? I am about 75% of the time it works, and then the one dud that drains

Anyone got a funnel for the orbits? Man, those are really pretty hard shots for the main shot in the game. I have completed at least 3 of the monsters and fought maybe a hundred by now but I don't think I've ever walked through the castle all the way to the monster. It's always easier to hit the secret passage or get the Mystery Prize of "Advance to Monster". Seriously I think 3 rooms is a good number to get to the Monster. I can't imagine turning the difficulty up where you don't get the first double room advance for the first orbit. Its a bummer I'll never really explore the castle because its just too hard in relation to the point value....

...that said, turning the difficulty down in the settings - anyone know exactly the effects it has?

#2758 4 years ago

3rd monster mode lights eb. Light both x lanes (by hitting dark ones) to light x terget target on the bottom right for bonus x

#2759 4 years ago

1) For magnet setting, it's different depending on playfield pitch and magnet etc. Try different patterns until you find one that works. Get this plastic disk and install it. Makes a huge improvement on magnet performance.
Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Magnet Core Plastic
SKU: PBL-300-0148-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/acnc-magnet-core-plastic

2) Yes, orbits are tough. Practice more.

#2760 4 years ago

I seem to be able to nail orbits pretty good off of dead flips. Gives a good speed to make the shot.

#2761 4 years ago

When I shoot the frank ramp to lock a ball, I’m getting a lot of fast rejects...like something is blocking the lock. I’ve tried raising/lowering frank without good luck. When lock isn’t lit I have no problem getting up the ramp to the upper playfield. Any ideas?

#2762 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When I shoot the frank ramp to lock a ball, I’m getting a lot of fast rejects...like something is blocking the lock. I’ve tried raising/lowering frank without good luck. When lock isn’t lit I have no problem getting up the ramp to the upper playfield. Any ideas?

The diverter on the top of the ramp might not be moving far enough or too far blocking the lock.

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The diverter on the top of the ramp might not be moving far enough or too far blocking the lock.

This - your "Lock Left" isn't low enough.

#2764 4 years ago

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

#2765 4 years ago

Well, I've just done my very first pinball mod ever. I removed the spinner from the left orbit. It was just killing the shots - its spins pretty rough and half the shots were not making it through or were making it through but not fast enough to get all the way through. Got a few more than usual last few games. Still no where near walking through the castle but....

#2766 4 years ago

Funny thing. I never had the Extra Ball light lit. After making my last post asking about it I played few games and I heard Alice call out TWICE "Go for the extra ball".

I did not chop the guillotine 1o times. Likely once or maybe twice or even zero times.

What the hell got me that sweet lit?

#2767 4 years ago

Funny thing. I never had the Extra Ball light lit. After making my last post asking about it I played few games and I heard Alice call out TWICE "Go for the extra ball".
I did not chop the guillotine 1o times. Likely once or maybe twice or even zero times.

Like others have said, when you start your third Monster (via any way - either Secret Passage, Mystery Hole, Orbits, or Frankenstein's Monster multiball), it will light.

Well, I've just done my very first pinball mod ever. I removed the spinner from the left orbit. It was just killing the shots - its spins pretty rough and half the shots were not making it through or were making it through but not fast enough to get all the way through.

Huh, this is odd - my spinner provides no resistance at all. It's possible your spinner was just needing some adjustment..

#2768 4 years ago

Made it to your third monster.

#2769 4 years ago

The spinner mounting bracket just needs to be bent up a little . I haven’t had an issue with the spinner on Alice Cooper but had a similar issue with the spinner on my Iron Maiden and it was a pretty easy fix

#2770 4 years ago

#437 arrived! My wife took delivery as I was unable to get away from work. She didn’t open the box, but it looks good from the outside, so hopefully undamaged inside.

Waiting until Christmas to open.

Topper made it too.

920F0914-D01E-4BA4-9965-D9ECE3FA5186 (resized).jpeg920F0914-D01E-4BA4-9965-D9ECE3FA5186 (resized).jpeg
#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

so hopefully undamaged inside

Remember! Check your coin door!!

#2772 4 years ago

How frequently do y'all get 10chops in one game?

#2773 4 years ago

How many ACNC owners have received their topper?

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently do y'all get 10chops in one game?

Just once so far. Wish there was an option to lower that value.

#2775 4 years ago

I got my Brain topper...….12/2/19

#2776 4 years ago

Well, I've just done my very first pinball mod ever. I removed the spinner from the left orbit. It was just killing the shots - its spins pretty rough and half the shots were not making it through or were making it through but not fast enough to get all the way through. Got a few more than usual last few games. Still no where near walking through the castle but....

Removed the spinner?!!! Your game, your call of course, but that seems pretty drastic as ripping a spinner is such a cool and satisfying shot to just eliminate outright.

Besides minor physical adjustment, lubrication is your friend when it comes to spinners functioning optimally. A little bit at the point(s) of contact goes a long way. Apply with a toothpick.

Super Lube (resized).jpgSuper Lube (resized).jpg

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

How many ACNC owners have received their topper?

Signed up right after it was announced and no invoice yet.

#2778 4 years ago

Looking for a guinea pig to test out a Mod. Just need one person. If interested, please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

#2779 4 years ago

After some neighbors throwing a Christmas party and lining the streets with 10 cars parked in the middle of the road, me and RL Carriers finally got it hauled off and into the house last night. Absolutely stunning. Poor image quality for a quality game, but hey. Darth Vader is fairly happy with his new acquisition. My first pinball machine, unlikely to be the last

IMG_20191206_204247_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_204247_01 (resized).jpg
#2780 4 years ago

The metal tab on the first crypt target drop solenoid keeps bending out of wack, has happened twice first week owning it. Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out? Also my game resets after two complete games like clockwork, I'm guessing the next code update is the fix for this?

20191207_150105 (resized).jpg20191207_150105 (resized).jpg
#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The metal tab on the first crypt target drop solenoid keeps bending out of wack, has happened twice first week owning it. Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out?

Yeah, I discovered this before as well. They say there's a stronger part available, on mine I just weakened the spring slightly, which seemed to help.

Quoted from manadams:

Also my game resets after two complete games like clockwork, I'm guessing the next code update is the fix for this?[quoted image]

They're apparently working on it.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, I discovered this before as well. They say there's a stronger part available, on mine I just weakened the spring slightly, which seemed to help.

They're apparently working on it.

Okay thanks for the feedback.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looking for a guinea pig to test out a Mod. Just need one person. If interested, please drop me a PM.
Thanks!

Anyone? I promise this will NOT blow up your game.

...If it DOES, it can be VERY easily fixed.

#2784 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anyone? I promise this will NOT blow up your game.
...If it DOES, it can be VERY easily fixed.

I’ll check it out for you.

#2785 4 years ago

Sorry, I've been busy working on my new Hobbit Smaug Gold I've acquired. Too great a deal to pass up!

#2786 4 years ago

Hello! Owner 427 here!

Door lock probably the nicest I have ever seen!

But have a Frank problem- message in with Spooky but assume they won't be in working today and I have some time this afternoon to work on it if anyone can help.
Frank doesn't go high enough to release balls and after a bit of fiddling the issue is the bracket/gear binding. It starts at frank height 70 and gets worse if he tries to go higher. Looks like it is tight to the right of the straight slider under frank where it is held with a plastic "c" bracket.

Anyone else note this binding? Needs some plastic cut away? Can I pull frank without pulling ramps?

Thanks for any help, mike

20191208_134021 (resized).jpg20191208_134021 (resized).jpg20191208_134041 (resized).jpg20191208_134041 (resized).jpg
#2787 4 years ago

My Frank was binding. I lifted the playfield, went to service menu, utilities, servo settings. Used the right and left flippers to get to Frank top setting. Ran it all the way to the top and it reset to 50. Set my Frank to 83 and lowered the playfield. Hasn’t Failed again. My guess is that it will reseat itself if it’s run through the whole range. I also suspect that the playfield lifted helped it stop binding so it could go through that range.

#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My Frank was binding. I lifted the playfield, went to service menu, utilities, servo settings. Used the right and left flippers to get to Frank top setting. Ran it all the way to the top and it reset to 50. Set my Frank to 83 and lowered the playfield. Hasn’t Failed again. My guess is that it will reseat itself if it’s run through the whole range. I also suspect that the playfield lifted helped it stop binding so it could go through that range.

Hmmm. Thank you for the reply! I have tried a lot of settings and manually helped it through the bind. No reseating seems to be happening. Still binds at same spot. Wondering if my 3d print was a little warped?

#2789 4 years ago

I have at least one 'Tower of Torture' available (#6), possibly a second (#7) but that may be spoken for, I will know this week. Super low run to date and not sure that I will run any additional, due to time investment as well as minimal interest haha!

PM me if interested. $140 shipped to most of US.

Thank you Tuna_Delight for purchase of #5.

Note: The picture is quite bright but the original larger tower sculpt from ACNC is shown on the right side for comparison. The crypt does fit in it's intended place, up top in front of the tower but I moved mine below as I liked how it fills that space, scale-wise and nicely represents the crypt shot.

IMG_20191203_1908151 (resized).jpgIMG_20191203_1908151 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_2343551 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_2343551 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191208-182753 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191208-182753 (resized).png Added over 4 years ago:

@Brett, thank you for your support, #6 is on it's way!

#2790 4 years ago

Brain topper and brain on the game. Abby Normal.

IMG_6073 (resized).jpgIMG_6073 (resized).jpgIMG_6076 (resized).jpgIMG_6076 (resized).jpg
#2791 4 years ago

Got the game upstairs and set it up. Had a bit of trouble booting up. Found that the 12v plug had come loose. Game booted up fine after that. Played my first game and got Frankenstein multiball, but one of the locked balls did not release and I had to remove the glass. I absolutely love this game and hope all the bugs get worked out.

20191208_183029-600x1067 (resized).jpg20191208_183029-600x1067 (resized).jpg20191208_184115-800x450 (resized).jpg20191208_184115-800x450 (resized).jpg20191208_182947-600x1067 (resized).jpg20191208_182947-600x1067 (resized).jpg
#2792 4 years ago

Now I regret not being part of the 'COIN DOOR CLUB'

#2793 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Now I regret not being part of the 'COIN DOOR CLUB'

There is still time to join the club my friend!

#2794 4 years ago

Wired topper up and this brain has a mind of its own! 5V and USB is all it takes. I opted to attach with some brass L brackets instead of the doubled sided tape provided. #Butter433
IMG_6092 (resized).JPGIMG_6092 (resized).JPG

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Just once so far. Wish there was an option to lower that value.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind being able to adjust that.

#2796 4 years ago

Pin Stadium lighting. Where are the connections for GI Blue/White and the Flasher Green/Red taken from? Also where did the power converter get plugged into? I assume since there is no service outlet this was spliced in. Pictures or details would be good if anyone has added these on a spooky system.

#2797 4 years ago

Picked this up on Saturday, outstanding game. Really stands toe to toe with the best from JJP, AP, and Stern in all facets. A tough shooter, but I love that. Got to have a mix at home between long and short players, tight shooters and more open, grindy ones. Really sweet mix of songs, too. When I first saw the track list I was all, "it's missing so much classic Coop!" but really every song here is entertaining and plays so well with the modes. "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" might be the best song ever in a pinball machine, which is saying something.

A few new owner questions:

- Updated the code to the latest, which reset the high scores, but is there no other way to reset the scores? I've been through the menu 15 times and can't find anything for that, or other common options like limit high score entries to 3 initials, lower/remove match percentage, nothing on LED intensity, etc.

- Speaking of the menu, I don't understand most of the "Machine (Replay)" menu. Backdown amount? Increase amount? Losing threshold? Don't quite understand what these, and pretty much everything else in this menu, does. There's no manual online yet, it seems. Has anyone ever gone through the menu and explained?

- Finally, just looking for some strategic tips. Some games I'm drilling shots, some are brick city, but either way I have that "chopping wood" feeling -- a lot of work for little points. It's all about activating modes, I assume. The modes seem pretty fat here in both points and ball save time, so I assume they're key. A manual! That's the only downside. So many questions, so few answers. Then I wouldn't have to bug Pinsiders with basic new owner questions.

#2798 4 years ago

Watch the Bowen tutorial for rules and tips.

#2799 4 years ago

Just because.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 6.51.54 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-12-10 at 6.51.54 PM (resized).png
#2800 4 years ago

So anyone got a list of differences in difficulty level from Easy Action, to the default Schools Out, to Nightmare?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/56?hl=rave24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.