(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,000 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by bossk4hire
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 160.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Topper or plastic?

Topper kicks ass , I need to adjust the brain . It’s off center a bit . But no I don’t like the plastics.

#2652 4 years ago

Three of us are playing coop mode tonight. Gotta say it has brought a whole new dynamic of fun.

#2653 4 years ago

Top part of the guillotine fell off today while cleaning and waxing. Looks like it’s made up of four pieces with the top holding it all together. A little glue and it should be good.

#2654 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

I put one of the pinball life glow plastic protectors in. I didn’t like the look so hard pass for me.

I wish you would have changed the other right side protector out as well. It's kind of hard to tell with only the one.
But thanks!

#2655 4 years ago

Not cool. Gonna be a lot of work to get this back

9421B8F4-43D3-4FE3-8760-8445C445A823 (resized).jpeg9421B8F4-43D3-4FE3-8760-8445C445A823 (resized).jpeg
#2656 4 years ago

A magnetic extendable rod will help.

#2658 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just about to say the same. Definitely one of my most used pinball service tools.

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yeah magnetic tool would be great but would need to be flexible. There really wasn’t a straight shot to get it. Used a coat hanger with a small loop at the end to flick it into the orbit while my wife raised and lowered the playfield to move the ball. Had multiple balls in shooter lane when it happened. First time in 300 plus games though so thankfully not a common ball trap. Most stuck balls in my game thankfully just require a little nudge.

#2660 4 years ago

Has anyone else found the silicone rubbers get destroyed quickly? I like how they play though. Never had them before this game. The rubbers on my other game seemed to last much longer. The post rubbers and flipper rubbers are pretty beat up on my ACNC after far less play. Maybe because of the nature of the game having lots of post shots? Center post by 3bank has a huge hole so I spun it around for now lol. Long story short I need a set of rubbers and should I go silicone or actual rubber?

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Has anyone else found the silicone rubbers get destroyed quickly? I like how they play though. Never had them before this game. The rubbers on my other game seemed to last much longer. The post rubbers and flipper rubbers are pretty beat up on my ACNC after far less play. Maybe because of the nature of the game having lots of post shots? Center post by 3bank has a huge hole so I spun it around for now lol. Long story short I need a set of rubbers and should I go silicone or actual rubber?

been thinking the same thing. my post sleeves are pretty destroyed. Maybe it is because they are the thin sleeves instead of the standard thick ones? Plus, my posts take a beating on this game. Flippers and slings still going strong.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

been thinking the same thing. my post sleeves are pretty destroyed. Maybe it is because they are the thin sleeves instead of the standard thick ones? Plus, my posts take a beating on this game. Flippers and slings still going strong.

Yeah my flipper rubbers started to split and lose chunks at the tips so I rotated them too. I read somewhere a guy Ran a thicker post rubber on that center post because it’s a pita to change and gets wrecked quickly with the slim rubber. Don’t wanna put thicker rubbers on all of them though. Game is hard enough lol

#2663 4 years ago

My flipper rubbers and center post both are deteriorating pretty rapidly. I just got some new titan clears. Will install those this week or next to see if they last any longer.

#2664 4 years ago

Same here!
Wouldn't Super Band post sleeves be the most durable?

https://www.pinballlife.com/super-bands-colored-polyurethane-rubber-rings.html

#2665 4 years ago

I just don't hit posts....

#2666 4 years ago

I have asked a professional artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint the castle to better match the playfield, cabinet and translite artwork. Here is a first go with the archway and an unpainted piece for comparison. What do you guys think? The other pieces don't have skulls or other details so I am thinking maybe some blood stains...

IMG_4529.JPGIMG_4529.JPG
#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have asked a professional artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint the castle to better match the playfield, cabinet and translite artwork. Here is a first go with the archway and an unpainted piece for comparison.

Awesome!

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have asked a professional artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint the castle to better match the playfield, cabinet and translite artwork. Here is a first go with the archway and an unpainted piece for comparison. What do you guys think? The other pieces don't have skulls or other details so I am thinking maybe some blood stains...[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

As you know, I've been wanting to paint mine as well, but have yet to fully decide what I want to do with it. May be able to get some influence with your decision, though I am interested to know what a gray stone castle would look like. Did this quick edit to get an idea. Would have better vine and stone detail with paint of course.

Look forward to seeing how your project turns out.

pscs1 (resized).pngpscs1 (resized).png
#2669 4 years ago

Each to his own... but I think the castle molds are perfect as is...

#2670 4 years ago

I'm kind of intrigued now by the possibilities.

This color scheme could make Alice's castle a real "nightmare"!

Barbie castle (resized).jpgBarbie castle (resized).jpg

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Each to his own... but I think the castle molds are perfect as is...

You may be right, and the green does evoke a bit of nostalgia as it seems to fit in with 80s toys.

Quite possible I'll never alter mine, but of course I like modding things and seeing what others come up with (even if it's not my preference). I've certainly never owned a car that remained stock for very long.

#2672 4 years ago

Yes! Modding is half the fun for me too.

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I have asked a professional artist buddy of mine (Mark Jarman) to paint the castle to better match the playfield, cabinet and translite artwork. Here is a first go with the archway and an unpainted piece for comparison. What do you guys think? The other pieces don't have skulls or other details so I am thinking maybe some blood stains...[quoted image]

I would have never thought to paint all the castle fascade, but that does look excellent. I likely won't change mine, but if there was someone who could make mine look like that I might. Please post pics when it's all complete!

#2674 4 years ago

Was I supposed to get a coin box with this pin?
Because I didn't.

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Because I didn't.

Not unless you asked for one. Standard is no coin box.

#2676 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Absolutely. Sometimes worth their weight in gold.

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I would have never thought to paint all the castle fascade, but that does look excellent. I likely won't change mine, but if there was someone who could make mine look like that I might. Please post pics when it's all complete!

Alice looks great as is, but BSD's black blob of a castle had to go IMO.

20181105_132436 (resized).jpg20181105_132436 (resized).jpg
#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Mark also painted my Medieval Madness castle and dragon and it turned out awesome...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/93#post-5295408

Here is the final result...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/93#post-5310232

He did a great job of matching it to the playfield and translite. It is amazing what a real artist can do. As a bonus, it is super easy to remove the ACNC castle compared to MM/MMR

I will post the final results in a week or two...

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Mark also painted my Medieval Madness castle and dragon and it turned out awesome...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/93#post-5295408
Here is the final result...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/93#post-5310232
He did a great job of matching it to the playfield and translite. It is amazing what a real artist can do. As a bonus, it is super easy to remove the ACNC castle compared to MM/MMR
I will post the final results in a week or two...

Dang...your friend does great work! I always worry about mods looking cheap or amateurish, but that MM paint job looks excellent.

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Alice looks great as is, but BSD's black blob of a castle had to go IMO.[quoted image]

Agreed, the stock plastic models in BSD look like total garbage. I've been meaning to paint mine since I got the machine. As for the Alice castle...I love the green, so I'm keeping it as-is.

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I've noticed quick wear on the original clear post sleeves, as well as my replacement glow in the dark sleeves. It's definitely because of the thinness...is there maybe a harder rubber available in the thin sleeves?

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Because I didn't.

I too had no idea as I had thought that I had opted in for all other available upgrades at purchase. Disappointed at the time...

#2683 4 years ago

Hey guys - quick question:
My two lower drop targets have stopped dropping. It's almost as if the drop coil isn't strong enough. (Even after turning them up.) The latches seem to be binding.

Anyone run across this, and know the preferred fix?

#2684 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I too had no idea as I had thought that I had opted in for all other available upgrades at purchase. Disappointed at the time...

Ya, I remember now that it was an option. But wasn't as apparent as with the other upgrades. Oh well, it's for the next guy to worry about after I sell it when I'm older and greyer than I am already. It sure won't be any time soon!

#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My two lower drop targets have stopped dropping. It's almost as if the drop coil isn't strong enough. (Even after turning them up.) The latches seem to be binding.

Check the hardware to see if everything it tight and straight,for example if the coil stop is loose the mech can bind .

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This worked for me:

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

This worked for me:

I didn't even know that video existed. Awesome. Yes, that was my issue. When I was looking at it, I noticed that it (what he called the coil stop) seemed quite a bit away from the coil itself.

When I get a chance while making the ham, I will try this!

#2688 4 years ago

Stopped at the closest record store to my office yesterday, and had to pick this up..

IMG_20191128_161236 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_161236 (resized).jpg
#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can someone.eone share their amp settings. Like share a picture. Just opened my game today and almost unplayable because the subwoofer is constantly rattling the glass. I don't want to mess anything up.
Never mind, turned down subwoofer on amplifier and all is well. Found the music test and that was a good gauge...all is well.

What amp settings are you referring to? I dug through all my menus and the only sound setting I have are "Initial Music Volume" and "Music Volume Offset".

I can't believe the sound settings do not have independent volume settings for Alice's speech, the music, and the sub, at the minimum. Seems like a pretty basic setup IMO.

How did you turn the sub down? I'd very much like to do the same.

Follow up question - what does the "Music Volume Offset" do and how do you set it? It only has 4 settings which are 10th of a whole number each.

#2690 4 years ago

Open your game, there are knob settings in the box on the amp itself.

#2691 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Open your game, there are knob settings in the box on the amp itself.

This. But it is very sensitive. Use small adjustments at a time...and anti rattle tape.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This. But it is very sensitive. Use small adjustments at a time...and anti rattle tape.

Yup. The top knob is mid and treble, the middle one bass, and the bottom one is total output level. The top two are barely cracked and the bottom one is cranked to the max.

I got cute and really dialed them in to be super sweet even at loud volumes which required turning the knobs all halfway-ish. When the machine restarted it started clipping the hi and mid channel repeatedly, so that won't work.

I ended up returning all the knobs to start positions and just kept easing off the bass until it was fine.

Thanks for the help!

Oh, you don't have to go in from under the play field - you can reach the knobs through the front panel as they are well within arm's reach and a clear pathway.

#2693 4 years ago

Mine were all set perfect from factory, but I installed double anti rattle tape before I ever turned game on for the first time. No rattle even with shaker installed.

#2694 4 years ago

My sound was dialed in by Spooky. No adjustment needed here. That said, everyone has a different ear.

#2695 4 years ago

Mine rattled so hard, I wasn't sure if it was the subwoofer or there was something wrong with a loose motor or something like that. Couldn't even make out some of the call-outs.

So anyone got what the Music Volume Offset does?

#2696 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

410 made it home yesterday, so far so good. The machine plays tough and really does pull you in well. The only adjustment needed to the machine was the magnet pattern, everything else works perfectly. Thanks again to everyone at Spooky![quoted image]

Another game local nice!

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Another game local nice!

Hello, Hooray!

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Mine rattled so hard, I wasn't sure if it was the subwoofer or there was something wrong with a loose motor or something like that. Couldn't even make out some of the call-outs.
So anyone got what the Music Volume Offset does?

It adjusts the music volume compared to the main volume, I think.

#2699 4 years ago

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/8oxO60k38kGSIPoJon4xCQ

Finally! I wish that this would have been available from day 1. Anyone with an Alice on the way, I'd recommend it. I will likely still order one although it doesn't protect the shooter lane.

#2700 4 years ago

#436 is on the way! Many thanks to Kayte and the team for getting it out the door so I can get it next week before I head into surgery the following week. Should be able to get a few games in once it arrives...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/54?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.