(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 161.
#2601 4 years ago

With all the discussions about playfield quality of other manufacturers, how is everyone's playfield ?

I see in mine some serious woodgrain in the artwork, in the center it's less visible, and the clear is smooth so you don't feel it. But is this normal, do others also have it ?

20191118_142518 (resized).jpg20191118_142518 (resized).jpg
#2602 4 years ago

I've had the ball ball off the spiral maybe 5 times so far in 100 games?

Quoted from aeneas:

With all the discussions about playfield quality of other manufacturers, how is everyone's playfield ?
I see in mine some serious woodgrain in the artwork, in the center it's less visible, and the clear is smooth so you don't feel it. But is this normal, do others also have it ?[quoted image]

Nothing like that on mine.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently do ya'll have the ball drop into the outlane from the spiral return?

For me? Maybe 10% of the time it will end up in the outlane, or bouncing across the playfield.

Quoted from aeneas:

I see in mine some serious woodgrain in the artwork, in the center it's less visible, and the clear is smooth so you don't feel it. But is this normal, do others also have it ?[quoted image]

I don't have that, I do have dimpling if you look closely. In the upper PF, in the left "X" lane I have a small divot appearing, I'm guessing because the castle may be slightly too close to the PF and the ball's hitting.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

If that's just an abberation in the outlane I guess I wouldn't be too worried as it's mostly out of view and it's slow traffic and low wear. But it's quite rare you get it in just one spot.

It does look absolutely terrible, and anywhere with high wear, I'd imagine that would suffer serious damage.

Pics of other areas?

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

woodgrain in the artwork

Get it near some mild humidity... it should go down. Our shop is fairly dry and we occasionally see games that have been here for a couple years get a bit of the raised grain at times (mostly fall / winter when the air gets dry). We toss them in the print room where humidity runs about 50% and it goes down in a couple days.

There are so many factors in what can cause this it's mind boggling. Time of year the board is made & shipped, how it is sanded, cured, where the game is kept, dry air, moist air, cold, hot, sunshine, cleaning chemicals, wax types... you name it, wood reacts. The board used in ACNC has reacted FAR better than the more expensive TnA board.

#2606 4 years ago

Why would someone get the addition P-roc power supply on pinball life?

I am getting the topper with my game, would I need this additional power source, or will I be good with the stock power source?

#2607 4 years ago

For mods. If you aren't adding any power requiring mods, you don't need it.

Quoted from Halfwasted:

Why would someone get the addition P-roc power supply on pinball life?
I am getting the topper with my game, would I need this additional power source, or will I be good with the stock power source?

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

For mods. If you aren't adding any power requiring mods, you don't need it.

Would the topper require extra power?

#2609 4 years ago

Nope no need for the topper

#2610 4 years ago

Is anyone else getting random multiballs? Sometimes while playing, it’ll just spit out another ball. I’m not in a mode and sometimes don’t even have anything locked. It will also sometimes do it when I barely save the ball from draining. It plays the drain sound and sends another up the lane.

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently do ya'll have the ball drop into the outlane from the spiral return?

It's only happened to me a couple times so far out of 258 games played. But it saved the ball both times anyway.

#2612 4 years ago

Quick question. Are the speaker lights supposed to change colors or do they just stay green? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine any color but green.

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Quick question. Are the speaker lights supposed to change colors or do they just stay green? I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine any color but green.

They change all the time on mine. Especially when fighting the different monsters.

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

All the modes have different colors except for Zombies. It's also green (Spooky should change this to orange).
So...

-Alice - Violate
-Pit Creature - Pink
-Insects - Yellow
-Igor - Light Yellow
-Ware Wolf - Purple
-Cold Ethyl -Blue
-Vampire - Red
-Zombie Green
-Frankenstein (Multi Ball) - Blueish White
-Crypt (Multi Ball) - Light Purple

#2615 4 years ago

Do we have new code coming soon? Video just posted minutes ago.

#2616 4 years ago

I installed the topper tonight. I have some questions regarding the brain rotating...as it doesn’t seem to during gameplay, just attract mode). I suspect I’ll be told it’s not in the current code and will be in the upcoming code. That said...it is awesome! People saying it looks cheesy...well, the whole game has an underlying current of cheese and humor. It fits perfectly. The light show they put together that interacts with game play is really cool. Honestly, this is the best topper I’ve seen. Not just a topper, but part of the machine...light show, dial movement, and soon brain movement (which I’m not sure how it moves, as there is no obvious connection...I suspect magnets). I highly recommend it!

#2617 4 years ago

After many, many games I finally Matched and the game rebooted...known issue? I assume that match grants a another game. It would be nice on free play if there was an option for an extra ball.

Also, what does the setting Monster Multi-Save do?

Another common missing option is to auto-launch the ball after a selectable time, i.e., 30 sec, 60 sec. That way if the machine is left unattended, it eventually quiets down. This is especially useful when you have kids who like to push buttons

#2618 4 years ago

Does "Shipping Exception" mean that it isn't being delivered this Friday, as scheduled?

Welp. Guess I'll have to wait!

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Also, what does the setting Monster Multi-Save do?

I think it means if you drain during the ball save when a monster mode starts, the ball save won't end, so you could potentially drain again

#2620 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

After many, many games I finally Matched and the game rebooted...known issue?

As I understand it, this is not a bug, but a method of clearing out the memory to keep the computer running fast (memory leak issue). Spooky has stated that they may have found a solution so this may no longer be necessary in the future.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It would be nice on free play if there was an option for an extra ball.

Matches can never award extra balls - your game is over. And if you then continued it, your score would change. Replays, Specials can award Extra Balls. (I know in ACNC, you can set Replay to award an extra ball - that's what I do. I don't know if Specials even exist.)

#2622 4 years ago

Update has a ton of fixes for the ball search and extra ball from trough issue as well as adjustment for trough failure.
Tech guys here are all hands on deck fixing the memory. Just be patient with us I am told it is way more complicated than I can understand lol. Topper code is next on the list for improvement also. It is very early currently. Again we are not stopping on this games code anytime soon we are not going to leave you guys hanging who knows what could come yet. This game was a whole new system for our guy and it has been an uphill battle. We are getting better every day.

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Do we have new code coming soon? Video just posted minutes ago.

It was a good idea to get this out before it's released.

Everyone (smarter than me and Luke) is working crazy hard to solve the memory leak issue... once hammered out, release will be out fast with a ton of game play fixes.

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If that's just an abberation in the outlane I guess I wouldn't be too worried as it's mostly out of view and it's slow traffic and low wear. But it's quite rare you get it in just one spot.
It does look absolutely terrible, and anywhere with high wear, I'd imagine that would suffer serious damage.
Pics of other areas?

I looked closer and it's everywhere, it's just more obvious at the bottom with the light colors and because how my overhead lighting is.

Will check humidity and see if it gets better.. - thanks SpookyCharlie

As far as the quality of the playfield : What I immediately noticed when I unboxed the game is that the clearcoat is not as glossy or smooth as my other nib games. I must admit I was a bit disappointed.. there are a lot of tiny scratches in, probably from polishing?

I have never seen another spooky game so can't compare or know if this is normal..
The clearcoat is thinner so I know it can't be as high gloss like my iron maiden but it's also not as smooth like my dialed in.. even my 5a yr old metallica still has a smoother unscratched playfield ?
You don't notice it when playing but under the overhead lights this looks full of tiny scratches. A brand new playfield I had expected to be smoother.

Edit: I don't want to sound too negative and am further very very happy with this game, it's one of the best ever - it's just my first spooky so I have no idea what to expect in build quality and what is normal or not.

20191121_190319 (resized).jpg20191121_190319 (resized).jpg20191121_190432 (resized).jpg20191121_190432 (resized).jpg

#2625 4 years ago

Mine didn't look like that... like glass

#2626 4 years ago

Mine has a couple hundred plays on it and doesn't look like that....then again, I probably waxed the hell out of mine before I would have even noticed such things.

#2627 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I looked closer and it's everywhere, it's just more obvious at the bottom with the light colors and because how my overhead lighting is.
Will check humidity and see if it gets better.. - thanks spookycharlie
As far as the quality of the playfield : What I immediately noticed when I unboxed the game is that the clearcoat is not as glossy or smooth as my other nib games. I must admit I was a bit disappointed.. there are a lot of tiny scratches in, probably from polishing?
I have never seen another spooky game so can't compare or know if this is normal..
The clearcoat is thinner so I know it can't be as high gloss like my iron maiden but it's also not as smooth like my dialed in.. even my 5a yr old metallica still has a smoother unscratched playfield ?
You don't notice it when playing but under the overhead lights this looks full of tiny scratches. A brand new playfield I had expected to be smoother.
Edit: I don't want to sound too negative and am further very very happy with this game, it's one of the best ever - it's just my first spooky so I have no idea what to expect in build quality and what is normal or not.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That really doesn't look remotely close to other ACNC playfield finishes that I've seen. All have been glossy.

This looks a bit more like the pre-TNA games which had more of a matte finish (and were VERY hard wearing). But this looks duller still, and with massive scratching (which they didn't suffer from).

I'm inclined to think something went wrong here, given how different it looks, unless Charlie can advise otherwise.

#2628 4 years ago

I was looking mine over last night after the PF issue described by aeneas . Mine still looks like glass after probably ~200 plays. Definitely some dimpling, but the clearcoat is excellent.

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I looked closer and it's everywhere, ... What I immediately noticed when I unboxed the game is that the clearcoat is not as glossy or smooth as my other nib games. I must admit I was a bit disappointed. ...

I'd say you have good reason to be disappointed. That finish does not look right.

#2630 4 years ago

The print looks more grainy than I'd expect, too.

#2631 4 years ago

Least glossy playfield in the shop, camera 2" away.

Same spot on the board after 1 minute with a rag and 3M polish, camera 2" away.

Same board from chest height.

20191121_161006 (resized).jpg20191121_161006 (resized).jpg20191121_163617 (resized).jpg20191121_163617 (resized).jpg20191121_163905 (resized).jpg20191121_163905 (resized).jpg
#2632 4 years ago

Spooky, what about getting a playfield to Cliff ? Just to borrow and make protectors.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Will check humidity and see if it gets better.. - thanks spookycharlie
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you clean this with an abrasive?

#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Spooky, what about getting a playfield to Cliff ? Just to borrow and make protectors.

I’d love to see a cliffy made for the right edge at the mouth of the left ramp. That piece is exposed for direct hits.

#2635 4 years ago

Yes me too, I reached out to Cliff and he said no ACNC where available near him or he would have made protectors for pin.

#2636 4 years ago

Shooter lane protectors would be nice too.

#2637 4 years ago

+1 on Cliffys. I'm worried about my Mystery Hole scoop.

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

+1 on Cliffys. I'm worried about my Mystery Hole scoop.

I would buy cliffys as well.

#2639 4 years ago

Another Cliffy buyer, if he can make them!

#2640 4 years ago

Oh wow, this game.
It sucks you in and, when it all starts clicking, the adrenaline, the risk/reward, the fun!!!

Just beat my GC - and so much more to do!

F1C67E72-3A0F-4551-B0C9-3CA074AD0267 (resized).jpegF1C67E72-3A0F-4551-B0C9-3CA074AD0267 (resized).jpeg
#2641 4 years ago

Are Alices voice calls random or is there a logic behind them ? I just heard 3 times in a row 'he never harmed a flea.. and he has lots'.

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Are Alices voice calls random or is there a logic behind them ? I just heard 3 times in a row 'he never harmed a flea.. and he has lots'.

Well, if you will keep shooting poor Wolfy..

#2643 4 years ago

Must be random. I don't remember ever having had 3 in a row before though.

#2644 4 years ago

Is there anyway to just buy the translite? Love the art on this game!

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It’s not a translite... it’s a real backglass. It’s stunning when it’s backlit!

#2646 4 years ago

Another question / suggestion: is it possible to dump the audits to usb stick ?
I'd like to keep track of them but don't want to write them all down periodically..

I noticed average ball time is 18 seconds.. (based on 200 games played) is everyone's pretty low or is my game too hard (or am I really such a bad player) ?
I assume the multiball balls are included in this average time ?

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Thsys one of the werewolf mode callouts. I think they have a collection of callouts for each mode, but they just choose one from that collection at random, and for some modes they don't have enough to provide the variety

#2648 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Contact Spooky. They had translites for sale at TPF.

#2649 4 years ago

Pics of topper , I put one of the pinball life glow plastic protectors in. I didn’t like the look so hard pass for me.

519D76B3-DCC6-4C90-93C3-819576A1F050 (resized).jpeg519D76B3-DCC6-4C90-93C3-819576A1F050 (resized).jpeg9F0BAEDE-D93E-4A01-BA35-64705D364E0A (resized).jpeg9F0BAEDE-D93E-4A01-BA35-64705D364E0A (resized).jpegB20528DC-D763-4276-A700-13D6C02FC60A (resized).jpegB20528DC-D763-4276-A700-13D6C02FC60A (resized).jpeg
#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Pics of topper , I put one of the pinball life glow plastic protectors in. I didn’t like the look so hard pass for me.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Topper or plastic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.