(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 161.
#2551 4 years ago

I installed the Medisinyl mods on my ACNC today, they are just bad ass! Also fixed my right Frankenstein ball lock switch, tightened up the lockdown bar and installed a strip of anti-rattle tape on both sides of the Voodoo glass. Game is DIALED IN now and no more rattle. This game is just incredible, it’s staying in my collection forever.

2B7FCECE-FAC9-4BB9-B0A5-79EE87ED921A (resized).jpeg2B7FCECE-FAC9-4BB9-B0A5-79EE87ED921A (resized).jpeg8A59F661-B0EF-420F-9F06-AFA731450348 (resized).jpeg8A59F661-B0EF-420F-9F06-AFA731450348 (resized).jpegFBA96E3C-59DF-480F-A3E8-DE1163ED06CA (resized).jpegFBA96E3C-59DF-480F-A3E8-DE1163ED06CA (resized).jpeg
#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I also adjusted them so that they were more parallel to the inline feeds.

Were your flippers not aligned to the guides? Mine were both pretty much parallel from the factory.

Where did you get blue flipper rubbers?

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Were your flippers not aligned to the guides? Mine were both pretty much parallel from the factory.
Where did you get blue flipper rubbers?

No, mine were slightly angled upwards. Was a to-do for me to fix, since it just.. bothered my OCD. The blue rubbers I got from Steve and Pinball Resource. They're about the same as red rubber as far as bounciness goes, but sadly they're only available for larger flippers. (Not the smaller one up on the upper PF.)

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed the Medisinyl mods on my ACNC today, they are just bad ass! Also fixed my right Frankenstein ball lock switch, tightened up the lockdown bar and installed a strip of anti-rattle tape on both sides of the Voodoo glass. Game is DIALED IN now and no more rattle. This game is just incredible, it’s staying in my collection forever.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! You really went full out! I really like that secret passage sign. I also would like to install a better LCD. It's too washed out for me at 6'3" tall.

#2555 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

No, mine were slightly angled upwards. Was a to-do for me to fix, since it just.. bothered my OCD. The blue rubbers I got from Steve and Pinball Resource. They're about the same as red rubber as far as bounciness goes, but sadly they're only available for larger flippers. (Not the smaller one up on the upper PF.)

Educate me on this flipper rubber color thing. I love the look of the purple ones I have. Are you saying color makes a difference?

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Educate me on this flipper rubber color thing. I love the look of the purple ones I have. Are you saying color makes a difference?

Quick, Quick summary since I don't wanna spam the ACNC thread, but:
In the old days, the color of the rubber affected it's bounciness. Before, y'know, we had silicon and whatever else. Black was stiffer, Red was softer, more bouncy. Gottlieb used a blue rubber, which seems to be the same as Red. There USED to be a white produced, and I'm not sure of it's bounciness properties. (This was true for ring rubbers as well - white bounced more than black, for exmaple)

Likeky nowadays, the color doesn't affect the bounciness of the rubber. I put blue ones on because I know they're soft, and they look better on the playfield than red. (Though, not as good as the purple, I will admit.)

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Awesome! You really went full out! I really like that secret passage sign. I also would like to install a better LCD. It's too washed out for me at 6'3" tall.

Thanks. I met Alice Cooper a few times, he’s a great guy and this is a special game to me. Still plan to install a nice topper on it and maybe a few other tasteful mods, but this game is a masterpiece. I’m 6’2 and have no issue with the LCD?

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

368 fully loaded butter and topper in house.[quoted image][quoted image]

If you have a butter cab put it on the end of the row!! I don't have it on mine but the butter on ACNC is friggin amazing

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks. I met Alice Cooper a few times, he’s a great guy and this is a special game to me. Still plan to install a nice topper on it and maybe a few other tasteful mods, but this game is a masterpiece. I’m 6’2 and have no issue with the LCD?

Bend down on your knees and watch it. I'm spoiled by my OLED TV now.
Also, a DMD guard will kill that speaker reflection up top so your Frank Lab isn't obscured at all.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

So, I am likely going to be exiled from this thread for this, but..
I could not f*cking stand the flipper rubbers that came on the game. I couldn't figure out why, but I just could NOT make shots. So, today, I took the glass off and waxed the field, and put blue flipper rubbers on the bottom flippers. I also adjusted them so that they were more parallel to the inline feeds. (Hey, spookycharlie and spookyluke , see the note below..) Once I did that? Holy hell, that changed my game completely. I can make shots like I expect to. I can stop-catch balls, and pass from flipper to flipper. Ghods, yes. :mregreen:
Note: Hey, Spooky guys: You may be familiar with the flipper alignment holes. THey were on WPC, WPC-95, and .. as far as I know, on just about every game released. You even put them on ACNC! ... But they're.. past the end of the flipper. So they can't be used. They also look to be a little off alignment - they are meant to have a toothpick inserted into them and *between* the flipper rubber and flipper bat (it was done this way so that the flipper rubber would hold the flipper bat where it needs to be, as the PF is lifted and bolts tightens down). If my flippers were longer, it looks like these holes would need to have the flipper rubber rest on them, which would be really difficult to keep in place while tightening down the bolts.
Okay, sorry guys. Done preaching.

I changed the factory flipper rubbers to regular red... liked it way more... until I installled lightening flippers (which really need yellow to retain any sort of standard-size flipper bounce). Put factory rubbers on the lightening flippers and they are perfect!

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Note: Hey, Spooky guys: You may be familiar with the flipper alignment holes. THey were on WPC, WPC-95, and .. as far as I know, on just about every game released.

Data East games have them at the end of the flipper as well.

Regardless, I don’t use any of them. I put a metal straight edge along the inlane guide, and align the flipper face to that. That creates a straight line down the inlane to the tip of the flipper.

Rubber - I’m generally a “red rubber” guy - that’s what’s on 99% of my games. But RZ and ACNC came with the PBL silicone, and I haven’t taken them off. In fact, I bought some more PBL clear silicone rings to redo all my BM66 and IronMan rubbers. The new black rubber is so crappy, I’m giving the silicone a go.

I did buy some used games with Superbands flipper rubbers on them, I couldn’t get those off quick enough. Ewwww! Just dead.

rd

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I changed the factory flipper rubbers to regular red... liked it way more... until I installled lightening flippers (which really need yellow to retain any sort of standard-size flipper bounce). Put factory rubbers on the lightening flippers and they are perfect!

0.o That sounds really interesting, now..

Quoted from rotordave:

But RZ and ACNC came with the PBL silicone [...] I did buy some used games with Superbands on them, I couldn’t get those off quick enough. Ewwww! Just dead.

Good to know these are PBL's and not Titans. I wasn't 100% sure. And yes - while I may not really like these Silicone bands (anyone's), Superbands? Superbands can all be tossed into the sun they are horrid. *ahem* Sorry.

Speaking of rubbers - I'm having an issue with my upper gate as well - except the ball is not bouncing out - If I flip right, I can somehow get the ball up under that gate and down the ramp. Otherwise, I would have changed that out too.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Data East games have them at the end of the flipper as well.

Also - aaah, this is good to know. While I DID have DE games back in the 90's on location, I did not nearly have enough of them to remember this, apparently. Good. Thank you for the clarification!

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

0.o That sounds really interesting, now..

Good to know these are PBL's and not Titans. I wasn't 100% sure. And yes - while I may not really like these Silicone bands (anyone's), Superbands? Superbands can all be tossed into the sun they are horrid. *ahem* Sorry.
Speaking of rubbers - I'm having an issue with my upper gate as well - except the ball is not bouncing out - If I flip right, I can somehow get the ball up under that gate and down the ramp. Otherwise, I would have changed that out too.

I hope you try it out. I think this game really sings with Lightning’s!

Everybody’s doing it... don’t be left out!!

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope you try it out. I think this game really sings with Lightning’s!
Everybody’s doing it... don’t be left out!!

I may just fart in your face and install some A-12111 coil stops in my flipper mechs. Muhaha!

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I may just fart in your face and install some A-12111 coil stops in my flipper mechs. Muhaha!

Any idea what it has on it currently?

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Any idea what it has on it currently?

A-12390. These give the flipper more limited travel, and were introduced and changed while WMS was producing Twilight Zones. A-12111's allow for greater flipper travel, which makes it much friendlier for catching/trapping balls.

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

A-12390. These give the flipper more limited travel, and were introduced and changed while WMS was producing Twilight Zones. A-12111's allow for greater flipper travel, which makes it much friendlier for catching/trapping balls.

Ah I was assuming the opposite. I always put the tallest stops (smallest stroke) on all my games...

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ah I was assuming the opposite. I always put the tallest stops (smallest stroke) on all my games...

*gasp* Heresy! How do you catch balls? Backflip? Sheesh. You kids these days. No control..

#2571 4 years ago

I just realized something new.

Apparently there are different 'colors' of skillshots. At least Red and Blue. After the ball is launched, the LCD will show the foyer with the different passages 'lit' (highlighted) in a slightly-colored halo. Some skillshots give you the ball saver. Some give you the ball saver and secret passage. Anyone know of any others?

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I just realized something new.
Apparently there are different 'colors' of skillshots. At least Red and Blue. After the ball is launched, the LCD will show the foyer with the different passages 'lit' (highlighted) in a slightly-colored halo. Some skillshots give you the ball saver. Some give you the ball saver and secret passage. Anyone know of any others?

Not sure I follow?
All I knew was that skill shot to ramps and crypt award 2 mil while orbits award 1 mil. Or are you talking about something else?

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Not sure I follow?
All I knew was that skill shot to ramps and crypt award 2 mil while orbits award 1 mil. Or are you talking about something else?

I just realized it tonight - I was under the impression (though sods like I'm wrong) that the values changed... On my game at least (1.0.7.4) when I shoot a skillshot, I'll get a red or blue screen with items awarded. Like the score (1, 2 million) and "Ball Save" lit and such.

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If you’re gonna do it, skip that and retrofit some Gott Sys 3 mechs!

#2575 4 years ago

Can anyone who has the rgb speaker leds post some information how they are connected ?
I don't have them in my machine but am interested in knowing how they are connected so I can add them myself (or other rgb mods..)
Thanks!

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Can anyone who has the rgb speaker leds post some information how they are connected ?
I don't have them in my machine but am interested in knowing how they are connected so I can add them myself (or other rgb mods..)
Thanks!

I posted a small PDF of wiring connections for coils. It's a key post (which I have no idea how to look for) but it's listed in my latest one.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I posted a small PDF of wiring connections for coils. It's a key post (which I have no idea how to look for) but it's listed in my latest one.

At top of page, click on 'Posts' tab and then click on 'Posts Marked as Key Posts' tab.

#2579 4 years ago

Ok, forum search is failing me. Can someone link me to the newest code and instructions?

#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, forum search is failing me. Can someone link me to the newest code and instructions?

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

'Newest' code is from June.

#2581 4 years ago

Oh, ok. I thought they'd released a newer one that was mostly bug fixes. Thanks

#2582 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Oh, ok. I thought they'd released a newer one that was mostly bug fixes. Thanks

It wasn’t a public release. Just beta code

#2583 4 years ago

Nice!
Another hater just rated this game at 3.6. which dragged it down 3 levels. This is not even remotely fair! You guys need to flag these B.S. ratings. Set your filter to show all ratings. There is no possible way this game should be rated this low! The lowest rated game is Thunderbirds at 4.412 at #379! There is more than one rating like this. People do let ratings influence their decisions!

#2584 4 years ago

Thank you Charlie, KT, Morgan and the rest of the Spooky gang for the hospitality! #413 is on its way home!

51443BD1-394F-4414-9BA1-81E53EC57581 (resized).jpeg51443BD1-394F-4414-9BA1-81E53EC57581 (resized).jpeg
#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thank you Charlie, KT, Morgan and the rest of the Spooky gang for the hospitality! #413 is on its way home![quoted image]

Congrats.

Mine is on the line now, I expect that I am part of the last run this year as I ordered in October.

#2586 4 years ago

It’s here! I let the little kid in me get the best of me. After my wife and I got it out of the RAV4 (the modified harbor freight table is a must) we positioned it, turned it on, and played a ton...no leveling or setting pitch. What a BLAST! Everything works perfect (Frank, ball lock, guillotine...everything) except the magna save. Seemed strong, but shoots it backwards (down the ball trough instead of out in the playfield). I assume I just need to rotate the core 180 degree...or reverse polarity. I need to install the topper yet, so will fix this when I lift the playfield for that. The butter cab is truly a piece of art...not able to describe how good it looks and pictures have trouble capturing it. The shots were hard, but by far not impossible. I hit every shot available once I was dialed in. Back handing the Danesi lock from the right flipper worked 90% of the time. Sorry everyone, the only time this will leave our collection is when both my wife and I are dead. I really think my next pinball is Spooky’s next game!

08A0132F-D6D8-4124-B4EC-CC236E2FD073 (resized).jpeg08A0132F-D6D8-4124-B4EC-CC236E2FD073 (resized).jpeg0B3E2675-0CE5-4E52-BD58-BD3CFF7AD08B (resized).jpeg0B3E2675-0CE5-4E52-BD58-BD3CFF7AD08B (resized).jpeg13B4DA5B-A0C5-47EB-BB02-839260DA344D (resized).jpeg13B4DA5B-A0C5-47EB-BB02-839260DA344D (resized).jpeg1C1D91C0-25CF-443E-80CD-111FEC59222B (resized).jpeg1C1D91C0-25CF-443E-80CD-111FEC59222B (resized).jpegC22BDC1C-3D1B-40EA-B71B-BB7607D6A24E (resized).jpegC22BDC1C-3D1B-40EA-B71B-BB7607D6A24E (resized).jpegFF4BD7D8-3DC5-4490-8122-A91AC50FBEA2 (resized).jpegFF4BD7D8-3DC5-4490-8122-A91AC50FBEA2 (resized).jpeg
#2587 4 years ago

Loving all the door lock pics.

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s here! I let the little kid in me get the best of me. After my wife and I got it out of the RAV4 (the modified harbor freight table is a must) we positioned it, turned it on, and played a ton...no leveling or setting pitch. What a BLAST! Everything works perfect (Frank, ball lock, guillotine...everything) except the magna save. Seemed strong, but shoots it backwards (down the ball trough instead of out in the playfield). I assume I just need to rotate the core 180 degree...or reverse polarity. I need to install the topper yet, so will fix this when I lift the playfield for that. The butter cab is truly a piece of art...not able to describe how good it looks and pictures have trouble capturing it. The shots were hard, but by far not impossible. I hit every shot available once I was dialed in. Back handing the Danesi lock from the right flipper worked 90% of the time. Sorry everyone, the only time this will leave our collection is when both my wife and I are dead. I really think my next pinball is Spooky’s next game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! It is a stellar game!

My magnet behaved much like yours... perhaps some settings will solve your problem. Didn’t work out for me, but the pinball life magnet disc did. Definitely look into it

#2589 4 years ago

Got the pitch at 6.9. Magnet works about 50% of the time. SpookyLuke said they test the magnets at 7.0. He’s hooking me up with a plastic disc, that seems to help a lot. Is there something like magnet fatigue? The magnet seems to work better during normal gameplay than when I test it with the glass off (activating it frequently (and it seems to fail more when I test it) which doesn’t happen in normal play). Spooky is really a great company. They really take care of their customers!

#2590 4 years ago

I just need to get this out of my system:
AAAARRGGH!!

... Okay, I feel better. I'm on my way home from the office, and am just going to play my game.
I haven't gotten CLOSE to BDB yet, and likely won't. I recently noticed that some of the rooms were always being skipped. I wanted to know what they were! (Kitchen and Parlor). So I upped the difficulty, just so I could visit those rooms.

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

...except the magna save. Seemed strong, but shoots it backwards (down the ball trough instead of out in the playfield).

Mine did exactly the same thing. It was on setting 1 and I found that setting 3 completely reversed it to shoot straight up.

#2592 4 years ago

I added a subwoofer today and wow, what a huge difference, the most of any of my pins. Totally changes the dynamics of the game. Highly recommended!

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I recently noticed that some of the rooms were always being skipped. I wanted to know what they were! (Kitchen and Parlor). So I upped the difficulty, just so I could visit those rooms.

Ya, I noticed that too. Can't get to the first left or right square or the center room. So did you get to those rooms with the higher difficulty setting?

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I noticed that too. Can't get to the first left or right square or the center room. So did you get to those rooms with the higher difficulty setting?

Yes , the standard setting your first orbit shot counts as 2 ( left orbit means 2 left advances in the rooms )you always advance past the first rooms on the standard setting. It also means that if your first shot is a left orbit the next 2 shots to get to the monster must be right orbits because you can only advance right . Vise versa if first shot is right orbit . If you put your game on difficult setting you will need to get one more orbit to get to the monster but you can also still go left or right after first orbit and you get to see more rooms . I assume it will make more sense to visit rooms once they are used like the dungeon to gather some more points .

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes , the standard setting your first orbit shot counts as 2 ( left orbit means 2 left advances in the rooms )you always advance past the first rooms on the standard setting. It also means that if your first shot is a left orbit the next 2 shots to get to the monster must be right orbits because you can only advance right . Vise versa if first shot is right orbit . If you put your game on difficult setting you will need to get one more orbit to get to the monster but you can also still go left or right after first orbit and you get to see more rooms . I assume it will make more sense to visit rooms once they are used like the dungeon to gather some more points .

Great explanation! I'll try it.
Thanks!

#2596 4 years ago

I’ve had my Alice for about 2 months now and just love it! Great rules, toys, call outs, music. This game should be ranked way higher!! Few pics with my pin stadium fusions which I think really help with the overall feel of the game!

061AFF02-A8A9-46CF-818C-9E9DE382C07A (resized).jpeg061AFF02-A8A9-46CF-818C-9E9DE382C07A (resized).jpegFB1ED3A0-176D-4341-A168-AE5F68DBB3C9 (resized).jpegFB1ED3A0-176D-4341-A168-AE5F68DBB3C9 (resized).jpeg695270A5-0B3C-438F-B205-989AE45DF8DC (resized).jpeg695270A5-0B3C-438F-B205-989AE45DF8DC (resized).jpegCB741AE9-4530-4469-84A8-F6B268926AFA (resized).jpegCB741AE9-4530-4469-84A8-F6B268926AFA (resized).jpeg
#2597 4 years ago

410 made it home yesterday, so far so good. The machine plays tough and really does pull you in well. The only adjustment needed to the machine was the magnet pattern, everything else works perfectly. Thanks again to everyone at Spooky!

20191119_160235_2 (resized).jpg20191119_160235_2 (resized).jpg
#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s here! I let the little kid in me get the best of me. After my wife and I got it out of the RAV4 (the modified harbor freight table is a must) we positioned it, turned it on, and played a ton...no leveling or setting pitch. What a BLAST! Everything works perfect (Frank, ball lock, guillotine...everything) except the magna save. Seemed strong, but shoots it backwards (down the ball trough instead of out in the playfield). I assume I just need to rotate the core 180 degree...or reverse polarity. I need to install the topper yet, so will fix this when I lift the playfield for that. The butter cab is truly a piece of art...not able to describe how good it looks and pictures have trouble capturing it. The shots were hard, but by far not impossible. I hit every shot available once I was dialed in. Back handing the Danesi lock from the right flipper worked 90% of the time. Sorry everyone, the only time this will leave our collection is when both my wife and I are dead. I really think my next pinball is Spooky’s next game![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

love your Metallica pinball topper, where do you purchase this from?
cheers
Trevor

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

410 made it home yesterday, so far so good. The machine plays tough and really does pull you in well. The only adjustment needed to the machine was the magnet pattern, everything else works perfectly. Thanks again to everyone at Spooky![quoted image]

Oh, I'm glad to see your lock latch came intact! (I love this running gag, by the way..)

Quoted from Coyote:

[...] put blue flipper rubbers on the bottom flippers

Interesting follow-up note to this. Maybe the rubbers that came with my game were warped, or it's the material that put spin on the ball or something, but with the blue real rubbers I put on, I can very easily make the Secret passage loop now - so well that it will even count towards a Combo shot, which I've /never/ been able to do before. This makes me feel a lot better about that shot (and now, combos and quick-shots in

#2600 4 years ago

How frequently do ya'll have the ball drop into the outlane from the spiral return?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.00
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.