(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 160.
#2501 4 years ago

Quick shot question for ya'll..

Does your Secret Passage loop seriously slow down the ball?

On my game, unless I get the shot *exactly*, the ball will never make it around. And when I DO hit it dead-on, the fall will FLY up there, and then.. after a few seconds, just dribble out the right loop. It kinda kills the flow - especially for Combos and the such.

#2502 4 years ago

For those keeping tabs on production, I just got invoiced for #435!

No butter cab, but I did invest in double coin door locks in case of latch failure. You can never be too careful!

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

On my game, unless I get the shot *exactly*, the ball will never make it around. And when I DO hit it dead-on, the fall will FLY up there, and then.. after a few seconds, just dribble out the right loop. It kinda kills the flow - especially for Combos and the such.

Same here.

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For those keeping tabs on production, I just got invoiced for #435!
No butter cab, but I did invest in double coin door locks in case of latch failure. You can never be too careful!

Just got my invoice as well, #436...

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes, somewhat. Sometimes it’s slow... but I can nail for a super quick turn around.

If anything, it comes in handy for when you hide the ball from the swamp creature

#2506 4 years ago

Alice 405 is in Colorado!

Everything seems great out of the box.

My tiny gameroom is already full, so Alice is in my dining room. That's good, because he doesn't always play well with others- he already insulted my Ghostbusters!

Thanks Spooky and Minions!

20191108_182258_HDR (resized).jpg20191108_182258_HDR (resized).jpg
#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from Nateharrison:

My tiny gameroom is already full, so Alice is in my dining room.

Hmmm, pinball in dinning room!
Great idea!

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hmmm, pinball in dinning room!
Great idea!

My wife let me turn our formal dining room into a second pinball room in exchange for getting her a new vehicle.
It allowed for 11 more pins in a separate room of the house.
The funny thing is that I would have bought her a new vehicle anyway.
The best part is that she feels like she won. I’m cool with that.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, somewhat. Sometimes it’s slow... but I can nail for a super quick turn around.
If anything, it comes in handy for when you hide the ball from the swamp creature

Okay, thanks guys. Was just worried there was something up with my game.

#2510 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My wife let me turn our formal dining room into a second pinball room in exchange for getting her a new vehicle.

That's a damned big dining room!

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Can I send my wife to your house for wife training?

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

I agree I think Ozzy would be an awesome choice.

Me too but the licensing cost would be high and we see what that does to games (Stern)... Motorhead would be affordable and I love the look of black and white Pins like Centaur and Munsters LE. Motorhead always had the best art... like the Grateful Dead but in a biker sorta way

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

That's a damned big dining room!

Who uses a formal dining room these days anyways??

#2514 4 years ago

We are planning on streaming ACNC today at 4:00pm EST. If you can't join us love we will also upload the video to youtube.

http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

http://youtube.whattheflip.wtf

#2515 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

I proposed we clear out the living room and add a mechanical bull and some games. She didn't think I was serious at first...
...we still have living room furniture...

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

I wasn't commenting on using the dining room for pinball, I was commenting that to fit 11 pins it must be the largest dining room I've ever heard of!

Quoted from gliebig:

I proposed we clear out the living room and add a mechanical bull and some games. She didn't think I was serious at first...

It was my wife's idea to use the living room for pinball, she was pissed when she found it will only hold 7 pins (comfortably) and found room for 3 more in the bedroom in the future...

#2517 4 years ago

Received final payment request for #437!

Wonder if I can wait until Christmas to open it? (other than to check for shipping damage at delivery)

We'll see...just keep posting pics and vids of your games to tide me over.

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Can we have these installed at the factory for games to be made? That would be amazing.

Just installed this as well and it works amazing. Best mod I have bought in a long time. I agree should be added to all future builds.

Kudos to the creator of this lovely little piece of plastic! Going to buy another for my location ACNC.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

BangerJay would probably sell his mechanical bull if you want to make this dream a reality.

#2520 4 years ago

Does anyone have a simple solve for the bounce back that happens at the top of the right ramp (ball goes through gate flap, hits rubber, goes back through gate before it can close, back down ramp)?

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does anyone have a simple solve for the bounce back that happens at the top of the right ramp (ball goes through gate flap, hits rubber, goes back through gate before it can close, back down ramp)?

Did you try changing that rubber out? I put a standard black rubber there.

#2522 4 years ago

That’s a great point. Black rubber will really deaden that bounce.

Will do!

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That’s a great point. Black rubber will really deaden that bounce.
Will do!

Black rubber ,people have done that . I bent the one way gate back a little and that helped .

#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Received and installed the little plexi disc for the magnet save.
I was having a lot of trouble with the magnet failing to throw the ball back into play (prior to install). And even when it did work, it sometimes only launched the ball about 4in high.
This plexi disc seems to have solved the issue 100%. Ball now saves every time with good strong throws.
This is definitely a must buy (or must make). Should have been factory with the game.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0148-00

Weirdly, it also seems to make the coin door latch stronger and more dependable.

The Pinball Life Pteg disc resolved my Magna-Save issues as well. Originally the feature worked about 10% of the time no matter what pattern was selected via the settings menu. Now it is working 99% with the original pattern selected. I tested it by removing the playfield glass and triggering the rollovers by hand. I did this 100 times while rolling the ball down the left and right outlanes. Result: it worked 99 out of 100 times! I also installed a disc on my 3 magnet TZ that had occasional issues with the 3 ball magnet release. The ball sitting on the rear magnet would grab the ball being ejected from the lock and jam them together in the orbit instead of letting the ball drop to the front magnet. Result: problem solved. The wonders of plastic lol.

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

The Pinball Life Pteg disc resolved my Magna-Save issues as well. Originally the feature worked about 10% of the time no matter what pattern was selected via the settings menu. Now it is working 99% with the original pattern selected. I tested it by removing the playfield glass and triggering the rollovers by hand. I did this 100 times while rolling the ball down the left and right outlanes. Result: it worked 99 out of 100 times! I also installed a disc on my 3 magnet TZ that had occasional issues with the 3 ball magnet release. The ball sitting on the rear magnet would grab the ball being ejected from the lock and jam them together in the orbit instead of letting the ball drop to the front magnet. Result: problem solved. The wonders of plastic lol.

I’ve still yet to have a failure since install... several saves have been thrown clear around the left orbit. Once went up the left ramp!

This is an absolutely essential add-on for this game. If you haven’t bought one, buy it.

#2526 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve still yet to have a failure since install... several saves have been thrown clear around the left orbit. Once went up the left ramp!
This is an absolutely essential add-on for this game. If you haven’t bought one, buy it.

Never had mine fail and it’s played heavily every week at The Sanctum. It only throws about half way up the playfield though. Occasionally high enough to hit crypt lock.

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Never had mine fail and it’s played heavily every week at The Sanctum. It only throws about half way up the playfield though. Occasionally high enough to hit crypt lock.

Sounds like you got lucky

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sounds like you got lucky

Mine does this quite often. It's awesome when it happens.

#2529 4 years ago

Very good luck with mine. Not 100% but close.
I am going to order the plastic disk from Pinball Life.
6.9 pitch. Magnet resistor ON. Normal Pattern.

#2530 4 years ago

I didn't find the setting for the magnet resistor. It wasn't next to the patterns.
Does anyone know what it does yet?

#2531 4 years ago

I didn't find the setting for the magnet resistor. It wasn't next to the patterns.

I asked and never got an answer, but turning it ON solved my problem with none of the patterns working. It's under 'Settings'>'Gameplay Feature'. Scroll down and it's right under 'Save Magnet Pattern'

v1.0.7.4 code.

#2532 4 years ago

I asked, this is what Chris at Spooky said:

"this is a setting for a mid-run change that we have implemented. the best way to know what version you are running is to lift your playfield and look around the magnet. if you see a big gold resistor, then your setting should be turned “on” for now. We will be working on a service bulletin to explain this more, but for now if you have the resistors, then setting “on”, if you don’t have them then setting “off”

#2533 4 years ago

When I first set up the game at a pitch of 6.7, the magnet worked great at pattern1. But after I releveled it and upped the pitch to 6.9, none of the patterns would work until I turned the resistor ON. So this save magnet is apparently very sensitive! I'm glad there is the plastic disk solution for people.

Finally broke 200 mil today!

#2534 4 years ago

Here is another issue I noticed today. When the ball gets lost during the Frank ball one lock and starts the ball search, Frank doesn't always raise up all the way. He will come up, but not to the TOP servo setting level. So the ball will not release from his lock. If I open the door and push the green button, he will raise up the rest of the way and release the ball. This ruins the game though. But no choice at that point.

#2535 4 years ago

I installed the RGB Crypt and Volcano mods yesterday. They are fantastic mods! The Volcano mod illuminated the left ramp a little too much for my taste, so I painted the bottom black and now it's perfect!

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I installed the RGB Crypt and Volcano mods yesterday. They are fantastic mods! The Volcano mod illuminated the left ramp a little too much for my taste, so I painted the bottom black and now it's perfect!

Can you take a few photos?

#2537 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Can you take a few photos?

Sure, but I have not been happy with the photos I have taken so far. They don't do it justice. I'll try again and see if I can get some good ones.

#2538 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Sure, but I have not been happy with the photos I have taken so far. They don't do it justice. I'll try again and see if I can get some good ones.

Video would be best...

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I asked, this is what Chris at Spooky said:
"this is a setting for a mid-run change that we have implemented. the best way to know what version you are running is to lift your playfield and look around the magnet. if you see a big gold resistor, then your setting should be turned “on” for now. We will be working on a service bulletin to explain this more, but for now if you have the resistors, then setting “on”, if you don’t have them then setting “off”

Is this the big gold resistor that you're talking about?

20191116_101008 (resized).jpg20191116_101008 (resized).jpg
#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Is this the big gold resistor that you're talking about?[quoted image]

Yes. That is it.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes. That is it.

I'm on 1.0.7.0 code and it doesn't seem to have the resistor option in the menu. Really hoping we can all get on the same code base soon to elevate confusion.

#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I'm on 1.0.7.0 code and it doesn't seem to have the resistor option in the menu. Really hoping we can all get on the same code base soon to elevate confusion.

If it makes you feel any better, my game (#392) was shipped with v1.0.7.4, had the resistor option set to Yes already (meaning: I did not turn it on at first), and my game does NOT have the resistor.

I get about a 50% success rate, for the record. (Using Pattern 2, playfield set at 6.8, give or take.)

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

If it makes you feel any better, my game (#392) was shipped with v1.0.7.4, had the resistor option set to Yes already (meaning: I did not turn it on at first), and my game does NOT have the resistor.

Interesting. Mine does have the resistor (#250) and shipped with 1.0.7.0 code - born on 8/29/19.

Was the mid-run change to remove the resistor or add it? Appears it was to remove it since yours is a higher number with newer code.

#2544 4 years ago

Well, here is a quick video of the volcano mod and crypt. The RGB crypt is great if you have the speaker lights. As I said before, I painted the bottom of volcano because it was lighting up the ramp below too much IMO. The crypt also lights the crypt ball lock area nicely! If you want to watch video full screen, go to YouTube to view it. The image is better than viewing it here. Video doesn't do these mods justice.

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I get about a 50% success rate, for the record. (Using Pattern 2, playfield set at 6.8, give or take.)

Yup. I don't have the resistor either and when I set it to ON it started working properly?????????????????

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup. I don't have the resistor either and when I set it to ON it started working properly?????????????????

I assume the resistor setting is just changing how the magnet is pulsed in some way. So even without the resistor, the code compensating for the resistor being there still helps in some cases

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I assume the resistor setting is just changing how the magnet is pulsed in some way. So even without the resistor, the code compensating for the resistor being there still helps in some cases

I figured it was probably something like that.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, here is a quick video of the volcano mod and crypt. The RGB crypt is great if you have the speaker lights. As I said before, I painted the bottom of volcano because it was lighting up the ramp below too much IMO. The crypt also lights the crypt ball lock area nicely! If you want to watch video full screen, go to YouTube to view it. The image is better than viewing it here. Video doesn't do these mods justice.

Originally I planned to paint the bottom of the volcano mods, but in testing, my friends and I liked the lighting underneath, but it's easy for anyone to mask if they prefer.

Will clarify that the RGB crypt is also interactive without having the speaker lights.

Thank you for taking the video and posting!
It's always neat to see the mods in other games, particularly with such a variation

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will clarify that the RGB crypt is also interactive without having the speaker lights.

If you look at the document I posted earlier, should be pretty easy to figure out how to hook it up.

#2550 4 years ago

So, I am likely going to be exiled from this thread for this, but..

I could not f*cking stand the flipper rubbers that came on the game. I couldn't figure out why, but I just could NOT make shots. So, today, I took the glass off and waxed the field, and put blue flipper rubbers on the bottom flippers. I also adjusted them so that they were more parallel to the inline feeds. (Hey, SpookyCharlie and SpookyLuke , see the note below..) Once I did that? Holy hell, that changed my game completely. I can make shots like I expect to. I can stop-catch balls, and pass from flipper to flipper. Ghods, yes. :mregreen:

Note: Hey, Spooky guys: You may be familiar with the flipper alignment holes. THey were on WPC, WPC-95, and .. as far as I know, on just about every game released. You even put them on ACNC! ... But they're.. past the end of the flipper. So they can't be used. They also look to be a little off alignment - they are meant to have a toothpick inserted into them and *between* the flipper rubber and flipper bat (it was done this way so that the flipper rubber would hold the flipper bat where it needs to be, as the PF is lifted and bolts tightens down). If my flippers were longer, it looks like these holes would need to have the flipper rubber rest on them, which would be really difficult to keep in place while tightening down the bolts.

Okay, sorry guys. Done preaching.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/51?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.