(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 161.
#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Weird. For me during the alice cooper mode it takes three shots for it to do the chop.

Yeah, I was meaning during NORMAL, non-monster mode.
In Alice Cooper Monster mode, that's the same for me - 3.

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, I was meaning during NORMAL, non-monster mode.
In Alice Cooper Monster mode, that's the same for me - 3.

Wait, what? I've never seen mine active outside of alice cooper mode. I've gotten to 8 chops in a game without it moving

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, what? I've never seen mine active outside of alice cooper mode. I've gotten to 8 chops in a game without it moving

Yup, I just played a few game - happens to me whether the Mystery Hole is lit or not - always the second chop shot. (That gets my count from 9 to 8.)
I'm on v1.0.7.4, and that may explain if you don't?

#2454 4 years ago

My game was born on 8/28/19 and I'm on 1.0.7.0 code. It has to be hard for Spooky to diagnose and fix these issues if we are all on different code numbers. My chop only happens in game during Alice mode.

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Will need to look, I didn't notice if Mystery was lit or not honestly!

Quoted from zacaj:

Weird. For me during the alice cooper mode it takes three shots for it to do the chop.

Quoted from rotordave:

That’s correct. 3 shots.
2 shots through the guillotine... then the 3rd ball gets chopped for 13m base value.

Sorry. I was wrong. The ball chops on the second guillotine shot like you said, and on the 10th chop when extra ball lights. Also, it only chops on Alice when his head comes off (3rd shot to guillotine). It has nothing to do with mystery scoop being lit. (I pulled the glass and tested).
v1.0.7.4

#2456 4 years ago

I'm still getting the lost Frank ball #1 lock occasionally??

I shoot ball into Frank's right hand (left ramp). Then it goes into a ball search and takes forever to raise up Frank and release ball. But it always registers the lock on the LCD. ??? As stated, it doesn't happen every time. So if the computer knows the ball is locked and the fact that the ball doesn't sit on the switch, why is it getting lost? Software bug maybe??

#2457 4 years ago

Within the last 20 games or so I'm getting a ball stuck off the plunge. It is getting wedged in between the side rail and Castle mold pretty tightly. Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this other than taking a dremel to the castle?

20191112_091934 (resized).jpg20191112_091934 (resized).jpg
#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm still getting the lost Frank ball #1 lock occasionally??
I shoot ball into Frank's right hand (left ramp). Then it goes into a ball search and takes forever to raise up Frank and release ball. But it always registers the lock on the LCD. ??? As stated, it doesn't happen every time. So if the computer knows the ball is locked and the fact that the ball doesn't sit on the switch, why is it getting lost? Software bug maybe??

My guess ramp entrance switch is triggering going up and game goes into lock animation but the switch as ball enters frank hands isn’t registering so it’s not giving you a new ball because it doesn’t think it’s actually in there. Then ball search takes 5 attempts before activating frank to try and free stuck balls without dumping anyone’s locked balls. Try adjusting the switch arm up in franks right hand lock spot

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Within the last 20 games or so I'm getting a ball stuck off the plunge. It is getting wedged in between the side rail and Castle mold pretty tightly. Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this other than taking a dremel to the castle?[quoted image]

Don’t dremel that... just put a washer or two under the spacer on the right

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

My guess ramp entrance switch is triggering going up and game goes into lock animation but the switch as ball enters frank hands isn’t registering so it’s not giving you a new ball because it doesn’t think it’s actually in there. Then ball search takes 5 attempts before activating frank to try and free stuck balls without dumping anyone’s locked balls. Try adjusting the switch arm up in franks right hand lock spot

Thanks!
Already did that twice. Can't imagine bending it up more will help.
* SpookyLuke thinks it's a software bug.
** But just to be clear, you're saying that the ball triggers a ramp opto that tells the computer the ball it locked and not the switch arm behind Frank? If that's the case, it could be a flaky switch.... I've had 'em before.

#2461 4 years ago

Replaced the titan rubber posts with some stern thick rubber posts. It has changed the feeds off the ramps that I may swap for some thins but the center scoop post I’ll keep thick. Less than 300 plays and the center post rubber had worn through! I’m off the titan post rubbers. It’s a bit of a pain to get to the center post to change as well as the plastic has two nuts underneath the guillotine.

Got her waxed up and looking pretty tho. Tell me pinstadiums don’t look good

D384868E-24E0-45D3-8B60-122B747E175A (resized).jpegD384868E-24E0-45D3-8B60-122B747E175A (resized).jpegB8DEF08A-4C03-4BC1-9E24-4DF8C808D74E (resized).jpegB8DEF08A-4C03-4BC1-9E24-4DF8C808D74E (resized).jpegDA188956-0743-4D10-BFEA-174251B7A771 (resized).jpegDA188956-0743-4D10-BFEA-174251B7A771 (resized).jpeg
#2462 4 years ago

For those with Scott's fluorescent green plastic protectors, do you feel they interfere with the correct colors of the lightshow?

#2463 4 years ago

I lit my playfield with a 25 watt clamp light above and off to the side and it works great! $5.00

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Replaced the titan rubber posts with some stern thick rubber posts. It has changed the feeds off the ramps that I may swap for some thins but the center scoop post I’ll keep thick. Less than 300 plays and the center post rubber had worn through! I’m off the titan post rubbers. It’s a bit of a pain to get to the center post to change as well as the plastic has two nuts underneath the guillotine.
Got her waxed up and looking pretty tho. Tell me pinstadiums don’t look good[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you swap out the factory installed rubber with titans? They don't come with titans.

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Did you swap out the factory installed rubber with titans? They don't come with titans.

Excuse my ignorance! I thought they were. But yes, I replaced the factory rubbers.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I lit my playfield with a 25 watt clamp light above and off to the side and it works great! $5.00

Cool- glad you enjoy your game!

#2466 4 years ago

I'm looking to trade a Lord of the Rings with color dmd and some extras, plus cash on my end for an ACNC if anyone is looking to trade. I'm in Phoenix.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87262

Pm me if interested. Thanks!

#2467 4 years ago

Frank just stopped working. No ball lock, no raising/lowering, no nothing.

#2468 4 years ago

Tried to fix in service menu to no avail.

#2469 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have no knowledge of the game yet...but how about a fuse.

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Does this mean he doesn't lift or change position when trying to set the high/low limit?

If so, check the cabling to the servo, it's possible one got disconnected.

#2471 4 years ago

Just spoke w my boy magicchiz on phone and it's prob, lol, just a fuse. Will let ya know.

#2472 4 years ago

Received and installed the little plexi disc for the magnet save.

I was having a lot of trouble with the magnet failing to throw the ball back into play (prior to install). And even when it did work, it sometimes only launched the ball about 4in high.

This plexi disc seems to have solved the issue 100%. Ball now saves every time with good strong throws.

This is definitely a must buy (or must make). Should have been factory with the game.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0148-00

Weirdly, it also seems to make the coin door latch stronger and more dependable.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Received and installed the little plexi disc for the magnet save.
I was having a lot of trouble with the magnet failing to throw the ball back into play (prior to install). And even when it did work, it sometimes only launched the ball about 4in high.
This plexi disc seems to have solved the issue 100%. Ball now saves every time with good strong throws.
This is definitely a must buy (or must make). Should have been factory with the game.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0148-00

Can we have these installed at the factory for games to be made? That would be amazing.

#2474 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Can we have these installed at the factory for games to be made. That would be amazing.

It’s super easy to install.... but it isn’t cheap to order as a single item from pinball life. Perhaps Spooky will install for you if you send them the item. You should ask.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s super easy to install.... but it isn’t cheap to order as a single item from pinball life. Perhaps Spooky will install for you if you send them the item. You should ask.

Thanks, worth a shot.

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Thanks, worth a shot.

To install, you loosen large nut and then Slowly unscrew core (so it lowers into playfield). Then affix plexi. Then screw core so it raises the leading/side edges even with playfield, re-tighten nut.

My core isn’t 100% level (back is slightly raised).... but top edge and sides are even.

#2477 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

To install, you loosen large nut and then Slowly unscrew core (so it lowers into playfield). Then affix plexi. Then screw core so it raises the leading/side edges even with playfield, re-tighten nut.
My core isn’t 100% level (back is slightly raised).... but top edge and sides are even.

Seems like an easy job. Appreciate your feedback.

#2478 4 years ago

Howdy! Just wanted to share the ACNC equipped with Titan Glow silicone and Pinstadium lights. Come play it at the Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo!

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1039

033d8f4ce1dae22c8b9e70180c0d273f (resized).jpg033d8f4ce1dae22c8b9e70180c0d273f (resized).jpg3de0676a4a4d41b4235113108e3e7614 (resized).jpg3de0676a4a4d41b4235113108e3e7614 (resized).jpg79b5e55583c792bac06b6bc0e2bb1cc1 (resized).jpg79b5e55583c792bac06b6bc0e2bb1cc1 (resized).jpg9ced51b8f899a8ca976615ca57f12617 (resized).jpg9ced51b8f899a8ca976615ca57f12617 (resized).jpg
#2479 4 years ago

Number 407 arrived yesterday. Setup and running well. Thanks Spooky!

IMG_20191112_132839463 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_132839463 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_135716287 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_135716287 (resized).jpg
#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Number 407 arrived yesterday. Setup and running well. Thanks Spooky![quoted image][quoted image]

How’s the coin door latch situation on that bad boy?

#2481 4 years ago

How’s the coin door latch situation on that bad boy?

I knew someone was going to ask. I didn't take pictures, but it opens and closes as it should.

#2482 4 years ago

As Spooky winds down ACNC to the end on what will be a top 10 all-time game... My thoughts wander to the next offering - what will it be? I know music pins are damn near played out but I am begging Spooky, Please bring us MOTORHEAD! Must be ALL black and white, art By Paul Faris (Centaur always reminded me of Motorhead), 50 Orgasmatron LE's... I can only dream and have my $1000 deposit ready.

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

50 Orgasmatron LE's...

I hope they don't start with multi tier offerings!
I love how there is a standard offering and then you can order upgrades/addons. This way, everyone gets the same game play and the rest is bling.

#2484 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I hope they don't start with multi tier offerings!
I love how there is a standard offering and then you can order upgrades/addons. This way, everyone gets the same game play and the rest is bling.

They are going to have the Spooky Fang Club where you can get upgraded armor and such. I don't think there are any plans for multi-tier games aside from getting the upgrades through the Fang Club.

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

They are going to have the Spooky Fang Club where you can get upgraded armor and such. I don't think there are any plans for multi-tier games aside from getting the upgrades through the Fang Club.

Emailed Katie about the fang club- an announcement is coming soon apparently. Something tells me it will be in tandem with Scott’s release or right before it.

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

OK, this is great! It's all here..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-fang-club

#2487 4 years ago

Emailed Katie about the fang club- an announcement is coming soon apparently. Something tells me it will be in tandem with Scott’s release or right before it.

Sounds more like it has been website building issues. Supposedly a Spooky website upgrade with a "store" is coming soon. But like everything IT, it has been more struggle than it seemed at the onset.

#2488 4 years ago

What setting do you have the magnet save on with plastic disc?

Quoted from 27dnast:

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

What setting do you have the magnet save on with plastic disc?

I believe, 1. But my pitch is 7+... so it may differ from table to table

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I believe, 1. But my pitch is 7+... so it may differ from table to table

Ok thanks I’ll probably end up purchasing one, I have tried all settings with a pitch just over 7 with not much luck.

#2491 4 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

Ok thanks I’ll probably end up purchasing one, I have tried all settings with a pitch just over 7 with not much luck.

Did you try turning on the magnet resistor? It worked for me. But I'm also buying the plastic disk because the magnet is still not 100% successful.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

I was in the same boat... disc does the trick

#2493 4 years ago

Another modification... got rid of upper outlane star posts (and removed Metal post lane rubbers) and replaced with more narrow posts. Couldn’t source clear but went with purple.

I’m satisfied that outlanes are open enough to keep it exciting when the ball goes in the those areas. The game, IMO, out of box is so tight there... too tight!

B506ECF1-0974-4AD3-B42C-FD8CEC5424EA (resized).jpegB506ECF1-0974-4AD3-B42C-FD8CEC5424EA (resized).jpegF6B47C17-A589-44A4-97EA-5C7BEB93471A (resized).jpegF6B47C17-A589-44A4-97EA-5C7BEB93471A (resized).jpeg
#2494 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

As Spooky winds down ACNC to the end on what will be a top 10 all-time game... My thoughts wander to the next offering - what will it be? I know music pins are damn near played out but I am begging Spooky, Please bring us MOTORHEAD! Must be ALL black and white, art By Paul Faris (Centaur always reminded me of Motorhead), 50 Orgasmatron LE's... I can only dream and have my $1000 deposit ready.

While I can respect the Motorhead idea, I still think that Ozzy need something someday! I mean, he is the prince of darkness, right? How has Ozzy been overlooked?

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

While I can respect the Motorhead idea, I still think that Ozzy need something someday! I mean, he is the prince of darkness, right? How has Ozzy been overlooked?

I agree I think Ozzy would be an awesome choice.

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Did you try turning on the magnet resistor? It worked for me. But I'm also buying the plastic disk because the magnet is still not 100% successful.

I did try turning it on and with all settings but, it would either shot straight down or very weak when it did go up. I agree though, the disk will work.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’m satisfied that outlanes are open enough to keep it exciting when the ball goes in the those areas. The game, IMO, out of box is so tight there... too tight!

Thanks for posting this info, but you're better than I am if you need to do this!

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Thanks for posting this info, but you're better than I am if you need to do this!

I wouldn't go quite that far. You should try it and see. Doesn't radically increase drains, but defintely helps to make the machine a bit more exciting when the ball travels side-to-side. So much of the game is up and down... those outlanes don't see lots of action (and they are really tight in addition to having the Titan rubbers which are super sticky).

My first move was to pull those outlane post rubbers and slide some shrink over the metal posts. It still felt like I was getting bounce outs on balls that probably should have drained. Hence, replacing the star posts. I really like it (wish the posts were clear... but I'll pick some clears up at a show or something).

I've also installed lighting flippers on the game. I haven't measured yet, but it almost seems like the stock flippers were a little too close together... the lightning flippers feel totally normal. Don't regret that switch at all... they're staying on!

#2499 4 years ago

When are the toppers going to ship? If anyone has got theirs please post pics>

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wouldn't go quite that far. You should try it and see.

I am really glad you tried this and posted it because I will have ACNC for a Long time, and at some point I'll probably try this just to change things up!

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/50?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.