(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 161.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Awesome! Share what you can

Will do. I plan to unbox and set it up tomorrow

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Congrats! Jealous over here in London

#153 5 years ago

Pics, pics pics!?

#154 5 years ago

Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

...damn, another lost to the NIB experience.

#155 5 years ago

There is no pain you are receding...

Maybe that’s a good thing, they’re so happy once they get it setup and start playing that they completely forget about posting follow up pics or videos.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

There is no pain you are receding...
Maybe that’s a good thing, they’re so happy once they get it setup and start playing that they completely forget about posting follow up pics or videos.

I think that this is exactly what's happening.

#157 5 years ago

i personally have put significant hours in on this title; even uploaded the latest code [.16] this week. unless your expectations are tempered, expect to be surprised when unbiased reviewers eventually take the time to share their impressions of ACNC. further, i dont believe its fair to others to represent their mindset/emotional state as fact, when your belief is at best speculation/guesswork.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i personally have put significant hours in on this title; even uploaded the latest code [.16] this week. unless your expectations are tempered, expect to be surprised when unbiased reviewers eventually take the time to share their impressions of ACNC. further, i dont believe its fair to others to represent their mindset/emotional state as fact, when your belief is at best speculation/guesswork.

Hey, greenhornet is back! For a little while people thought I was you...

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hey, greenhornet is back! For a little while people thought I was you...

My condolences.

#160 5 years ago

Anybody out there looking to sell their spot at a discount was going to contact the guy that had his posted for 375$ but it sold if so pm me
Thanks guys

#161 5 years ago

To those going to TPF, enjoy playing my #35. Once I get it home on Sunday, I’ll post whatever pics and commentary you’d like.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

That was an astute observation GH. Thanks for sharing.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

If you've put "significant hours" on this game, then give us your review / thoughts please. Good/bad all welcomed from my view.

#164 5 years ago

Please consider posting them in the other thread where your previous reviews and redesign recommendations are. It might help keep the owners group more on topic with less debating and getting ejected again.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Please consider posting them in the other thread where your previousr reviews and redesign recommendations are. It might help keep the owners group more on topic with less debating and getting ejected again.

I think he was permanently banned from the other thread. I have no idea what he’s talking about now cause.....well, you know.

F38A9B02-808B-4BEB-9514-BB6AA94C2961 (resized).jpegF38A9B02-808B-4BEB-9514-BB6AA94C2961 (resized).jpeg
#166 5 years ago

Good catch budman, you are correct - I had forgotten the permanent trolling eject from the other thread when I posted.

Happy to see Springpatch will have an AC in town. I worked there for a little over 5 yrs, still have relatives there. Used to think it was a big city, but it's like Mayberry when I get back now..... nice.

#167 5 years ago

LOL, I still use the name Springpatch from time to time. We don’t get a lot of concerts but Alice did come and play here a few years ago.

#168 5 years ago

4 days, no posts. Come on folks!

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, no posts. Come on folks!

Doubt we will hear anything regarding games shipping or people getting the call that theirs in on the line until after TPF.

#170 5 years ago

Mine is supposed to ship when they get back from TPF. I’ll be sure to post pics and thoughts etc...

#171 5 years ago

I've set my date for pick up the week after TPF.

BUTTER cab here!

Magicchiz

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I've set my date for pick up the week after TPF.
BUTTER cab here!
Magicchiz

Awesome congrats - hope you post some pics

#173 5 years ago

Just put these in the other thread as well. Looks awesome, excited to play more and learn the rules! AC....Game on!

IMG_20190320_180306 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180306 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180319 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180319 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180334 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180334 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180359 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180359 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180418 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180418 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180425 (resized).jpgIMG_20190320_180425 (resized).jpg
#174 5 years ago

Anyone on the fence of thinking mabey they shouldn’t of bought think again I played Alice Cooper last night for a couple hours super fun pin had a blast best spooky game to date imo had that one more game effect . Art package is Aussom translight is stunning im definitely gonna buy this pin

#175 5 years ago

I can’t wait! To all those that are freaking out over the long wait. It’s ok to bail. Do what you are most comfortable with. But the long wait just means the bugs are worked out...IMHO. Look at the new Sterns...when’s the last time good code came out with early machines...it usually takes 2 years for a mature code. Spooky hit a home run and I fully support slowing their roll to get it right.

#176 5 years ago

dnapac

Yep, Stern is a machine, a big machine. They can afford to crank stuff out and slowly get code out there. People line up to buy 'just releases' knowing that code is (or can be) extremely early.

Unfortunately it would just be bad press for the small mom and pop / boutique shops. That said, I see the possibilities with the small batch companies.

The only potential concern for me is with limited run titles. I know that Spooky has released code for RZ recently, which is awesome but you can see where that could be of concern when a title is completely sold, never to be made again. Hopefully bugs are resolved over time but nothing beats getting new game code! It's fun and refreshes the game.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Awesome congrats - hope you post some pics

@Magicchiz loves sharing pics, especially all things Alice. I have no question or concern about seeing a flurry of pics in the near future!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

@Magicchiz loves sharing pics, especially all things Alice. I have no question or concern about seeing a flurry of pics in the near future!

You bet ya. as soon as I get my game. I will share with you guys.
Magicchiz

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#179 5 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Hey Mr. That's 2 weeks without even a mention of anything. Why the complete silence?

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey Mr. That's 2 weeks without even a mention of anything. Why the complete silence?

I can't wait to get mine. Mostly to supply any picture or video you would like.

#181 5 years ago

Awesome! I just want to see more of this pin. Still not sure when ours will ship, hopefully soon as it's a low#.

#182 5 years ago

Anyone know if the Bowen tutorial will be live streamed and if so, where to watch?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

haha, sorry for the delay (I've been playing the crap out of this thing), and apologies in advance for the longish post. I wanted to make sure I put a good amount of time on it before writing up my thoughts. Here goes:

Backstory: I got lucky here. The game is actually not mine, but belongs to a good friend. The timing of it's arrival coincided with him being out of the country for a month, so rather than have it sit in a box, I was graciously given permission to unbox and dial it in. Knowing that I have limited time with it, I have been playing it like crazy.

I'll focus mainly on sound, code and gameplay, but I will say that seeing the art and playfield sculpts in person was pretty unbelievable. It's REALLY nice and It really does create an immersive 'world under the glass', which draws you into the theme very well while playing.

Sound: It's great overall! The main music fits the theme perfectly and blends in nicely. It's creepy sounding and builds dynamically as you complete different objectives. It isn't distracting or annoying, and I've found that it just adds to the gameplay experience in a positive way. I especially like that every shot has an effect tied to it. The slings have a cool chain sound when they are hit, and even the ramps have effects each time they are shot. Alice's voice works well, and sounds very bass heavy and creepy when you hear it in real life, as opposed to lots of the clips that are circulating, where it can sound a bit lifeless. In person, I think it's great. The sub in this game is HUGE. If you've heard the sound out of a TNA, they are using the same system, and it really blasts! I will say that I am trying to figure out a way to lower the effects a little, and raise the sound of the main mode music, but it looks like there is an option in the menu that isn't active yet (but should be in a future code update). Also, the songs for the modes are fun! They are different enough to give each mode an individual feel, and vampire and werewolf are two of my favourites.

Layout and Gameplay: Guys, and I am being completely honest, the shots are NOT too tight. I am an average player (not terrible but not great), and I'm finding the shots to be challenging but completely makeable on a consistent basis. I have games where I am hitting combos like crazy (orbits to ramps to scoops), and other where I brick more often, but this is what makes the game challenging and FUN. When you do hit the shots, they are smooth, and the only shot that feels a little different is the secret passageway shot, because of the trajectory. I can't see the path it takes because it is hidden under the castle, but you can feel that it doesn't follow the path of a traditional inner orbit shot. It's very satisfying as well, but different than the left and right orbits, which are like butter. Then there's the upper playfield. I'm usually not a huge fan of upper playfields, but they really nailed it with this one. lots to do up there (kill the vampire in vampire mode, extra ball, bonus mulitpliers, drop target, second ball lock for frank multiball, cold ethyl, and the best shot, the guillotine ramp). The ball is surprisingly controllable up there and very bouncy, which allows you to keep it alive up there sometimes for a good amount of time (although admittedly, sometimes I lose it within seconds). But the main thing is that the upper playfield it tied perfectly into the rules IMHO and makes it worthwile and fun to play up there when you need to. The rest of the layout is interesting as well, with three scoops and the awesome Denisi ball lock, which is always fun to hit. If you're hitting your shots, it can be a flow monster, and if you're not, it can be bouncy and unpredictable.

Modes: Here is where the game really shines. The two main mulitballs (crypt and Frank) have objectives that are fun to play, and aren't just flail fests. You can also stack them together for a 3 ball experience (they are 2 ball multi's on their own). For Frank multi, you actually have to complete the objectives (3 ramp jackpots), as it is one of the modes counted towards wizard mode. The main modes are a BLAST! They are all so different and that's what really makes this game refreshing in my opinion. I've played each mode a fair bit over the past 2 weeks, and while I have my favorites, I never am upset with having to play a certain mode or try to avoid starting a particular one. The rules really have you using the entire playfield, and the music and animations that accompany the modes are awesome! I also love that you can pick what mode you'd like to play, and even by default, each game starts with a different mode lit. To start each mode, you have 3 options (hit orbits to work your way through the castle, hit the center monster targets 3 times and then shoot the secret passage, or advance to start monster from a mystery award), so you can even change the way you do that each time around. The callouts are funny and enjoyable and I can only guess that even more will be added with future updates (there are a lot in there already).

There are small things I hope improve with future updates, such as letting us know how many guillotine shots we have made, as an extra ball is awarded after 10 shots. I also hope that we will be able to adjust the music/effects with future updates. I also think there should be things to do in each room while you travel through the castle. I remember reading something early on about collecting items in each room that will help when battling monsters. That would be a great feature, because right now, you just travel through the rooms to get to the monster and there isn't really anything to do while you are there (with the exception of the dungeon which has the fun 'stretch' shot at the guillotine ramp). But overall, as you can tell by my comments, I have been having a VERY fun time with this pin, and have already called dibs if/when my friend sells it. For all of you buyers waiting, my advice is to hang in there, it's already worth it and I have to imagine will be even more worth it with future updates!

#184 5 years ago

@EJ, great post, thanks for taking the time to share!

With more people sharing their thoughts and what appears to be a growing positive experience, along with Bowen's killer stream, of course, I expect that most will be beyond pleased with their purchase.

#185 5 years ago

Here's Bowen's 2nd stream of ACNC. This is the one to watch. Bowen gets his highest score..on Ball 1.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/400478739

#186 5 years ago

Was at tpf thought id share the master at work

8CB36E1A-3E2B-41C0-8A58-7E2C83AC5686 (resized).jpeg8CB36E1A-3E2B-41C0-8A58-7E2C83AC5686 (resized).jpegA9CE95B6-6581-485F-AEB9-5A7147F66EE8 (resized).jpegA9CE95B6-6581-485F-AEB9-5A7147F66EE8 (resized).jpeg
#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

You bet ya. as soon as I get my game. I will share with you guys.
Magicchiz
[quoted image]

ACNC #18 Butter, picking up this weekend!
Magicchiz

#188 5 years ago

Got Bowen to sign the apron after beating the crap out of my machine all weekend, totally worth it!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Got Bowen to sign the apron after beating the crap out of my machine all weekend, totally worth it!

Yeah and you also get to look at his high score for a long time too.

I should also add a thanks for letting him use your game. It was a big time help to everyone waiting for a ACNC game.

#190 5 years ago

Im in. Exuse the pic little hazy from the smoke in the air

A3EA2389-1950-4D11-81B1-A7E00629570C (resized).jpegA3EA2389-1950-4D11-81B1-A7E00629570C (resized).jpeg
#191 5 years ago

#38 has arrived safely despite the initial box scare. The butter cab is very impressive in person. The camera doesn’t do it justice.

AFF0CC2D-C805-4B91-8304-102DD01A6CBD.jpegAFF0CC2D-C805-4B91-8304-102DD01A6CBD.jpegE9A44AA2-3766-48AA-9D40-15920D71E111.jpegE9A44AA2-3766-48AA-9D40-15920D71E111.jpeg6A8A0800-D3FE-4A82-9784-57F98B61DCF8.jpeg6A8A0800-D3FE-4A82-9784-57F98B61DCF8.jpeg9509ADAE-AC07-4812-BC9C-31E1161C1BBA.jpeg9509ADAE-AC07-4812-BC9C-31E1161C1BBA.jpeg311CE2D4-AC99-4A0C-A4F6-9EFB86538DFF.jpeg311CE2D4-AC99-4A0C-A4F6-9EFB86538DFF.jpegBED476CE-1336-42FD-B151-2F6D99719BD4.jpegBED476CE-1336-42FD-B151-2F6D99719BD4.jpeg23E75E31-2137-420F-9FE9-76CFC8563CA4.jpeg23E75E31-2137-420F-9FE9-76CFC8563CA4.jpegB4A68760-953E-43A4-8AF6-4F69987D3618.jpegB4A68760-953E-43A4-8AF6-4F69987D3618.jpegEFE1E011-C529-4092-92F7-D9AC469A2A51.jpegEFE1E011-C529-4092-92F7-D9AC469A2A51.jpegF55305FB-8778-4808-A975-70D9D318E907.jpegF55305FB-8778-4808-A975-70D9D318E907.jpeg
#192 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

#38 has arrived safely despite the initial box scare. The butter cab is very impressive in person. The camera doesn’t do it justice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are the best pictures of the pin I’ve seen so far, thanks for posting them! They really make me want to change my order and upgrade to the butter cab, but my game area is dark with some black lighting so I wonder how much I’ll really notice the difference?

#193 5 years ago

Agreed, best pics overall so far.

KT has confirmed that ours has passed all QC and is boxed ready to be shipped out this week! Rock 'N F'N Roll!

@magicchiz, we are all excited to see pics of your newest addition as well.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice,
It was impressive to see the butter cab next to the original at TPF.
Not only do you get the glisten but the all the colors are more vibrant.

#195 5 years ago

Those are the best pictures of the pin I’ve seen so far, thanks for posting them! They really make me want to change my order and upgrade to the butter cab, but my game area is dark with some black lighting so I wonder how much I’ll really notice the difference?

I would just ask yourself the question: is $999 worthy of how long I will stare at the cab vs playing the game

#196 5 years ago

Lodgingdolphin thanks so much for the pics. Total eye candy!!

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed, best pics overall so far.
KT has confirmed that ours has passed all QC and is boxed ready to be shipped out this week! Rock 'N F'N Roll!
@magicchiz, we are all excited to see pics of your newest addition as well.

#18 picked up and in transit. Hope to get home Sunday and start the process. Had a great conversation with Charlie and KT. Cant wait to see that butter cab every time I walk by.
Magicchiz

#198 5 years ago

Tommy (Nitro) just called, pin will be delivered to the house this upcoming week. Super excited!

#199 5 years ago

Butter is best. I have every
Option and the game rocks. Cost over $8,500. Almost Stern le money.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Butter is best. I have every
Option and the game rocks. Cost over $8,500. Almost Stern le money.

Stern LE has stickers/decals...this is a totally different beast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/4?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.