(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 161.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Any of you guy's have digital inclinometers act squirrely? Mine seems to jump around a lot. PITA to use. And it's only a year old. I do zero it on my pool table because it's level.

I use my phone, honestly. And then do a ball-roll test.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The bolt goes to the left of the opening in the bottom of the back box .[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! I hadn’t checked inside the back box.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

but a crypt lane shot could go through (if also not triggering the ball lock) and drop into the crypt hole/subway which exits at the mystery hole.
Does this sometimes give the mystery award?

That's what I was thinking. I've had this happen.
Not 100% sure if it gives the mystery award tough?

#2304 4 years ago

Another ping!
Anyone that got the DBA door, please PM me? I'm working on a few things to forward to Spooky and need a larger sample machine size than 'one'.

#2305 4 years ago

We were playing Alice Cooper at our league last night and we noticed that the player 3 score changed (moved up approximately 1 million points) while other players were playing their balls. I'm guessing it is a software bug with how points are being tallied. Anyone else notice this issue?

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Anyone else notice this issue?

I... don't have anyone to play with.

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You could always pay someone to play with you...

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

We were playing Alice Cooper at our league last night and we noticed that the player 3 score changed (moved up approximately 1 million points) while other players were playing their balls. I'm guessing it is a software bug with how points are being tallied. Anyone else notice this issue?

It's a feature. When a crypt ball is stolen, the player that started the locks gets the million points.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's a feature. When a crypt ball is stolen, the player that started the locks gets the million points.

So you get a million points for getting your locked balls stolen?

#2310 4 years ago

Was it Matt Montgomery (Piggy D) that did the Dracula Mode song? That song rocks if you let it go! It's great!

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can play with yourself like I do!
Oh, sorry, that didn't sound good..

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Was it Matt Montgomery (Piggy D) that did the Dracula Mode song? That song rocks if you let it go! It's great!

That’s Alice ,all the songs for the modes are . Matt did the background music for the rooms When looking for monsters .

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure of a game that does anything like this.

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

That is honestly pretty weak IMHO.

If I steal locks in TNA does that player get points?

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Cool! Always wished games gave you some negative effect for stealing balls

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That is honestly pretty weak IMHO.
If I steal locks in TNA does that player get points?

Pretty sure you can turn this feature off in settingn we do sometimes on tournaments. But it's also nice to get rewarded for locking the ball when someone steels it.

Bowen talks about this in an early tutorial.

#2317 4 years ago

Damn you SpookyCharlie !
I played this game at a friends gameroom and liked it so much now that I'm thinking of adding one to our pins on location

Played a lot of the newer offerings like Wonka, Oktoberfest, Houdini, Dialed In, JJPOTC and JP in the past few weeks and only JP and ACNC really stood out to me as FUN!

So a job very well done, what a fun pin with a great atmosphere!
Congrats team Spooky!

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Pretty sure you can turn this feature off in settingn we do sometimes on tournaments. But it's also nice to get rewarded for locking the ball when someone steels it.
Bowen talks about this in an early tutorial.

Problem is no one Knew it was a feature. Now we know.
We ended up throwing out the game at our league night because he thought there was a scoring problem.
When I was notified that someone’s score changed and they were not playing, I immediately think something is not right, as did the players playing in the game.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

We ended up throwing out the game at our league night because he thought there was a scoring problem.
When I was notified that someone’s score changed and they were not playing, I immediately think something is not right, as did the players playing in the game.

Yeah, not knowing and thinking it's a bug during league would suck.

#2320 4 years ago

So I spent the better part of the day doing this, hopefully it can help some of ya'll when needed. I was tracking down the issue with my Upper Playfield drop target (which, by the way, looks like an issue on my driver board), and in order to do that, I had to know what wires I was looking for. So, I tried to map everything and record it down. Take it with a grain of salt - some of the wire colors are hard to make out. I had a heck of a time with the Orange ones.

Edit to add: I also did this to help me learn the PRoc system, which - admittedly - is ENTIRELY new to me. Knowing how stuff works makes it a LOT easier to debug when something goes wrong.

Until we have a manual, if you have any corrections, PLEASE let me know!
Coil Drivers v0.6.pdfCoil Drivers v0.6.pdf

#2321 4 years ago

Does the service mode coil test menu identify the driver/connector? Support would be able to tell you right away to complete your chart.

Quoted from Coyote:

So I spent the better part of the day doing this, hopefully it can help some of ya'll when needed. I was tracking down the issue with my Upper Playfield drop target (which, by the way, looks like an issue on my driver board), and in order to do that, I had to know what wires I was looking for. So, I tried to map everything and record it down. Take it with a grain of salt - some of the wire colors are hard to make out. I had a heck of a time with the Orange ones.
Edit to add: I also did this to help me learn the PRoc system, which - admittedly - is ENTIRELY new to me. Knowing how stuff works makes it a LOT easier to debug when something goes wrong.
Until we have a manual, if you have any corrections, PLEASE let me know!
[quoted image]

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does the service mode coil test menu identify the driver/connector? Support would be able to tell you right away to complete your chart.

No. Sadly, the Coil Test needs a (lot) of work:
When you select a coil, you hit Start to 'run' the test. Currently, the test fires the coil only once. If you want to fire the coil again, you need to hit Start a again (to stop the test) and then a third time to restart the test, where the coil fires once.

Really hard to hold a multimeter in places when you need a fifth hand to hit the start button.

#2323 4 years ago

I'd email support. The board connections are in the yaml files so it wouldn't be hard for them to get you a list.

Quoted from Coyote:

No. Sadly, the Coil Test needs a (lot) of work:
When you select a coil, you hit Start to 'run' the test. Currently, the test fires the coil only once. If you want to fire the coil again, you need to hit Start a again (to stop the test) and then a third time to restart the test, where the coil fires once.
Really hard to hold a multimeter in places when you need a fifth hand to hit the start button.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Just got Mine #376. Straight away the ball gets stuck in the crypt lock. What's going on with this??? What is it supposed to be doing? How do I fix this?
Video of the problem below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/in4EBepADqpefx6E7
Thanks!

Please email me. Always email with issues fellas i dont scan pinside every day lol.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'd email support. The board connections are in the yaml files so it wouldn't be hard for them to get you a list.

Oh, I found the one I was looking for. The PDF above has everything I could find, and a few "?"s I couldn't track down. I didn't get beyond the MPU because I was (and still am) down with a hard cold.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Tom.... next time call me!

Yes, that is 100% the rule... if a player locks a ball and someone else steals it, the person who locked the ball gets 1 million for the lost work.

This rule if memory serves me correctly was implemented by a former world champ tournament pinball player on our team.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Tom.... next time call me!
Yes, that is 100% the rule... if a player locks a ball and someone else steals it, the person who locked the ball gets 1 million for the lost work.
This rule if memory serves me correctly was implemented by a former world champ tournament pinball player on our team.

I will. I almost called Josh but honestly We thought it was a software bug so the players and I talked and decided to throw out the game. It was my son Neil who got the extra points and I was not part of the group playing. There was a lot of “He got points for doing nothing” which I understand the other players would question as did I.

#2328 4 years ago

If I'm violating something let me know and I can remove this, but I made a price card for my location game using the backglass art, since Spooky doesn't provide one. Feel free to print it out and use it if you want, it's basic but works. I printed at FedEx on glossy card stock and it looks good. You will need to resize this slightly, or just cut off a little extra around the edges. It seems Spooky uses a slightly smaller rule card than Williams.(I'm talking milimeters here)
ACNC Price Card.pdfACNC Price Card.pdf

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

If I'm violating something let me know and I can remove this, but I made a price card for my location game using the backglass art, since Spooky doesn't provide one. Feel free to print it out and use it if you want, it's basic but works. I printed at FedEx on glossy card stock and it looks good. You will need to resize this slightly, or just cut off a little extra around the edges. It seems Spooky uses a slightly smaller rule card than Williams.[quoted image]

You are good man! Well done!

#2330 4 years ago

Number 362 arrived on Friday and I thought I’d share a few thoughts. First, the delivery was super easy and the outer box was pristine. No shipping issues at all. It was easier to un-pallet the game and then move it inside with a dolly. Did that myself with no issues. I had a couple buddies over that evening, so with three people it was really easy to get the legs on, bolt on the backbox, install some anti-rattle tape on the glass, level (to about 7%), and get into position. No issues at all for this step either. I did have some NOVUS cleaner just to be sure there was nothing on the play field from the build and shipping, but no need as it was perfectly clean. One minor item we came across is that when I snapped the latch down to lock on the backbox ‘something’ obviously fell out into the playfield. A little searching and we did find that the top piece of the guillotine had popped off. There was no indication of damage anywhere, and I just slipped it back on and it was a good snug fit. I’ll probably go back and add a drop of hot glue in there at some point just to keep it secure.

The pin started up perfect although, woah, that bass was rattling everything!!! First step was to try to turn that down a bit although I’ve still got some work to there as the bass is not balanced well with the rest of the sound (personal preference for sure). Not sure how many games we put on it, but was played for a solid 7 straight hours Friday night, and then maybe 3 hours on Saturday. The issues we came across included:

(a) front drop target for the crypt was not releasing; found the issue on the switch itself and had to bend the piece that positions the switch. Will have to post a picture instead of trying to describe. Once bent though, it worked perfect.

(b) there were some interesting locations where the ball got stuck and had to take the glass off to move. Will need to track that over time to see if there are any repeats and then work on a fix.

(c) got two balls into the left side of Frankenstein and the game couldn’t figure it out. Even though one popped out in a ball search the game didn’t know the second one was still up there. As above, will just need to see if that happens again.

(d) had one game when on either the second or third ball, the game put three balls into the shooter lane. There was one other time when two balls were added. I might check the roll-over switch connections if that happens anymore.

(e) the magnet save definitely needs some adjustment. It wasn’t throwing the ball in any direction at first, just slow roll down when released. I changed to pattern 2 and started getting 7 of 10 into play. Interestingly though, when it doesn’t get thrown up into play, it instead rockets straight down. I’ll keep working on that.

It’s possible some other small items cropped up, but by 1or 2 AM none of us were keeping track of any of that.

Overall, it plays like I expected and hoped. Excellent game!!!!

#2331 4 years ago

Magnet Save is probably the only disappointing feature on the game (for me, at least). It works great... then equally as fast doesn't work at all. As a gameplay "feature," sure seems like it should be one of those things that works as intended 99% of the time.

#2332 4 years ago

I don't think my magnet save has ever failed. Really confusing what the difference could be.

#2333 4 years ago

So I got my ACNC number 220 on October 29th. I love this game but it has a couple issues and I’m just wondering if anybody else has similar happening. It sometimes kicks out 3 or all 4 balls for no reason. I contacted spooky support and checked all trough connections And did a switch test. but every now and then the game still spits out balls that it shouldn’t. It has crashed twice since I got it. The game over screen often doesn’t come up. And instant info stays up on the display until you hit a shot to change the animation. Other than that it works great. Anyone else have these problems?

#2334 4 years ago

I've gotten some more time on the game. Very happy with the game and enjoying it a lot so far, even though finding it very difficult.

Have a few issues and potential issues. Sorry if any of these have already been covered

1. Backbox screw won't screw in tightly in the backbox. I've tried many angles, turning by hand, and by wrench. It seems like the hole in the backbox might be misaligned with the cabinet screw hole? I can get the screw in directly in the cabinet, but can't get it in via backbox hole.

2. The flipper rubber seems VERY bouncy. Is this intended? Never seen flippers with such bouncy rubber. Does this stop after it gets some play? It looks like lots of people replaced it when watching videos.

3. Each time the game ends it plays the crypt multiball video clip for a moment.

4. Can Frankenstein mode only be started from locking ball from the left ramp, than locking the second on upper playfield ramp?

Maybe fluke, but it seems after I lock one ball on left ramp I can never get a second ball up the left ramp.

After one ball is locked from left ramp should the upper playfield target stay down? Or it needs to be bashed still? It seems the upper playfield drop doesn't stay down for extended periods? Is that expected?

Last one time I got a ball up the upper playfield ramp without having a ball locked from left and it just rocketed down the left ramp sdtm. Should it have locked?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks much if someone is able to answer some or all.

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

So I got my ACNC number 220 on October 29th. I love this game but it has a couple issues and I’m just wondering if anybody else has similar happening. It sometimes kicks out 3 or all 4 balls for no reason. I contacted spooky support and checked all trough connections And did a switch test. but every now and then the game still spits out balls that it shouldn’t. It has crashed twice since I got it. The game over screen often doesn’t come up. And instant info stays up on the display until you hit a shot to change the animation. Other than that it works great. Anyone else have these problems?

I had something similar happening a few nights ago. I loaded up a 3 player co-op game with a couple friends, and the game started acting so strangely during player 2's ball that we had to reset the game. At first I thought it was a lost ball issue, but then it was like shots were registering all over the game when nothing was being hit. Then additional balls were being kicked into the shooter lane and automatically launched. I never could narrow down what the hell was going on, so I decided to deal with it the next day and shut it off. The next day a booted up and everything worked normally. It was really bizarre.

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

1. Backbox screw won't screw in tightly in the backbox. I've tried many angles, turning by hand, and by wrench. It seems like the hole in the backbox might be misaligned with the cabinet screw hole? I can get the screw in directly in the cabinet, but can't get it in via backbox hole.

Drop the head box down, and try to get the bolt in. You might have threaded it, check the thread. If the bolt is ok and the insert is slightly threaded, try and screw the bolt up from below to create some new thread. Make sure the bolt is vertical, you might have bent the insert.

Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

2. The flipper rubber seems VERY bouncy. Is this intended? Never seen flippers with such bouncy rubber. Does this stop after it gets some play?

Didn’t to me - but if you don’t like it, change it. They use the Pinball Life Silicone rings. Also, what angle do you have the game at? Playfield wants to be around 7 degrees, as per Charlie. Mine is higher, plays fine.
Remember: Level the PF, not the glass.

Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

4. Can Frankenstein mode only be started from locking ball from the left ramp, than locking the second on upper playfield ramp

Yes. It’s easier if you shoot the right ramp second, as you can trap the ball.

If you’re having trouble making the upper flipper shot, boost up your upper flipper power to 20.

rd

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Believe it or not, I had this problem and realized it was doing it since I put new pinballs in it. Turned out one of the pinballs was slightly too small and it was causing it to kick out two of them. Swap out the whole bunch and see if it still does it. I had this problem in another game that the ball was too big and clogging things up. Both times from Ball Baron.

Mine stopped resetting on the previous update (before this newest one).

#2338 4 years ago

Hearing multiple reports now of the shooter lane getting extra balls issue. I am looking into it as i am getting mixed reports as to why.
1. Keep in mind if the balls in the trough get stacked (which is a common) it will shoot out a few to clear itself.
2. I am told this can be due to changing the balls in the game a couple times now including (javagrind) above.
3. Also can be faulty optos from the manufacturer.
4. We are looking into any potential code bugs that could be contributing.

If you guys have issues please please please email us so we can track down these things ASAP and get it solved!

As far as magna save goes i am personally testing them all here to atleast an 80% success rate. By far the most common change is the pitch of the game needs to be 6.8-7 if your pitch at home is different from what we test at you will have to change your settings in the menu and possibly turn the magnet pole itself to get it going strong.

Also the frank switch sometimes needs to be tweaked here is a quick link. Super easy fix.

#2339 4 years ago

I get two balls in the shooter lane about 1/20 balls. Seems like either the first ball is bouncing back in or isn't being given enough force to make it all the way out?

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

possibly turn the magnet pole itself to get it going strong.

Wait, what's this? This is new.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, what's this? This is new.

Yes you can actually loosen the nut on the pole a twist the center and re tighten. Shouldn't need to do this as i test them all here which is why i have not mentioned it but it seems it may be necessary for some of you. I only recommend doing this if all other options are exhausted first. Be sure not to set the metal core low as it could wear the playfield then.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I get two balls in the shooter lane about 1/20 balls. Seems like either the first ball is bouncing back in or isn't being given enough force to make it all the way out?

We are adding a trough power setting to tune this. Very possible.

#2343 4 years ago

When I got my machine and set it up, I had to change the magnet pattern from 'Original' to 'Pattern 1' and it worked every time really well. Then I increase the pitch a little bit and then it didn't work at all. I then tried all the patterns and none worked. Then I turned the 'Save Magnet Resistor' to 'ON' and the Original pattern works great now. So try this if you haven't got it working well yet.

Spooky, what does this magnet resister do exactly?

#2344 4 years ago

When is the magnet save used vs. kicking out a new ball from the shooter lane? I haven't figured out the pattern yet...

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

When is the magnet save used vs. kicking out a new ball from the shooter lane? I haven't figured out the pattern yet...

I believe that the Save Magnet is used when a ball rolls down an outlane and you are NOT in a multiball.

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I've gotten some more time on the game. Very happy with the game and enjoying it a lot so far, even though finding it very difficult.
Have a few issues and potential issues. Sorry if any of these have already been covered
2. The flipper rubber seems VERY bouncy. Is this intended? Never seen flippers with such bouncy rubber. Does this stop after it gets some play? It looks like lots of people replaced it when watching videos.
3. Each time the game ends it plays the crypt multiball video clip for a moment.
4. Can Frankenstein mode only be started from locking ball from the left ramp, than locking the second on upper playfield ramp?
Maybe fluke, but it seems after I lock one ball on left ramp I can never get a second ball up the left ramp.
After one ball is locked from left ramp should the upper playfield target stay down? Or it needs to be bashed still? It seems the upper playfield drop doesn't stay down for extended periods? Is that expected?
Last one time I got a ball up the upper playfield ramp without having a ball locked from left and it just rocketed down the left ramp sdtm. Should it have locked?
Sorry for all the questions, but thanks much if someone is able to answer some or all.

1) Never had that problem.
2) Mine seem OK
3) Never had that happen.
4)Yes. It's a multi ball mode. I'm not sure on all the game mechanics yet, but the diverter should switch to center position and allow a left ramp shot to the upper pf after Frank lock #1 (left lock). The upper pf drop target also does require being knocked down before making #2 ball lock (Right Lock). Is lock #2 lit? Hitting the Dracula stake target keeps it down until ball leaves upper playfield.
Yes, a shot up the right ramp to upper flipper and then another up the Frank ramp will go straight through and SDTM a lot of times! Not a good shot to attempt if lock #2 light is not lit!
Anyone else care to explain in better detail? I could have it wrong.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

This happened to my game and a another local pinhead's game. To get (them both), I undid the back latch, and SLIGHTLY (like, under an inch) tilted the backbox forward. THen I was able to hand-scre thee bolt down for almost entire way. Then re-latch the backbox and final tighten the bolt.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I made a price card for my location game using the backglass art, since Spooky doesn't provide one.
[quoted image]

I asked this excellent dude Coindropper to make us some and he did!
Head on over to his thread and take your pick.
Starting at Post #635

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/13#post-5289930

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I asked this excellent dude Coindropper to make us one and he did!
Head on over to his thread and take you pick.Starting at Post #635
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/13#post-5289930

Those are awesome, already asked him pricing.

#2350 4 years ago

My MET and ACDC start shooting out 2 balls about twice a year. Just a reseat of the trough connectors and all good. Could it be that simple?
I'm guessing Coyote has seen this many times on many machines too. Which leads me to believe it's not that simple, or he would've mentioned this already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/47?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.