(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 161.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It's a good product and a good guy selling them. They win mod awards for a reason. I don't understand the crusade.

Scott is a great guy. I've never had anyone offer the type support and service to a product. Always responds fast and friendly and willing to go above and beyond for his customers.

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

WhysNow is one of those that goes into the Pinstadium thread just to maximize his down votes though. It's a good product and a good guy selling them. They win mod awards for a reason. I don't understand the crusade.

Because he spams the sht out of the market page

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Because he spams the sht out of the market page

He also linked his product to my custom game . And when products are linked to games here it is worded something like “ products relevant to this game “ . When he links to a game like that it seems like he is taking credit for something he or his product has nothing to do with and contributed nothing to . It is kind of annoying that he leached off my hard work and therefore I will never use or support his product.

#2254 4 years ago

Here's me ecstatically enjoying my new #394 on Halloween, just like I dreamed about for the last two years

20191031_153515 (resized).jpg20191031_153515 (resized).jpg
#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

To those running 1.0.7.4 - are you able to Lab Lock ball #1?

Mine does lock.
ver 1.0.7.4

#2256 4 years ago

Oh right,....
It's not here but atleast the GODDAMN CELEBRATION IS.
Celebration anxiously awaiting you Alice. I'll keep the party goin til you get here, no worries.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy Halloween Alice fans!
A friend was telling me that Pinstadiums are essential for this machine. I'm not a fan, but considering them. Will a couple spotlights suffice? I like my games pretty stock, and pretty dark really. For those of you with no extra lighting, do you have trouble seeing the ball at times? Lastly, do I have any more dumb questions? Yes,...yes I do.

As I've mentioned before on various threads when this comes up, I just use a small clamp light with a 40w soft white bulb above but off to the side so it doesn't reflect off playfield glass. It works perfectly to illuminate it enough. Cost about $5.00. Cheers!

Added over 4 years ago:

Sorry, I meant 25 watt bulb. 40 watt is too much.

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Happy Halloween!
Magicchiz[quoted image]

Bloody hands do NOT scare me as much as Ass Weasels!
dreamcatcher-review-ass-weasel-stephen-king-300x152 (resized).jpgdreamcatcher-review-ass-weasel-stephen-king-300x152 (resized).jpg

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys full release video for our ACNC Topper should be out tomorrow! They are wrapping up some loose ends and gearing up for full production on it.
Video of the fully interactive RGB and Motorized features is on the way! Email [email protected] to get on the list for full details soon![quoted image]

Sorry guys, I love Spooky, but someone needs to tell you this topper is terrible.

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry guys, I love Spooky, but someone needs to tell you this topper is terrible.

That's subjective my friend! Also the topper is pretty cool. It's interactive!

Below is a shitty topper IMO.
i.ebayimg.com_00_s_MTA2NlgxNjAw_z_AUUAAMXQVERSs4Au___35 (resized).jpgi.ebayimg.com_00_s_MTA2NlgxNjAw_z_AUUAAMXQVERSs4Au___35 (resized).jpg

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I'm pretty sure that is not the actual topper for Alice Cooper and just a "spooky think tank".

My understanding is that they cloned @spookycharlie's brain and they keep it inside an empty bucket of cheese balls hooked up to that machine.
I hate to think about what it does at night when everyone has gone home for the day.

#2262 4 years ago

I think the topper is pretty awesome. Fits the theme, and really cool with how interactive it is. Each to their own. Some like bottom led lit plexiglass with a photoshopped picture...not me though.

#2263 4 years ago
4325A413-3D23-4DE8-B3EB-BF14F2D4A1C4 (resized).png4325A413-3D23-4DE8-B3EB-BF14F2D4A1C4 (resized).png
#2264 4 years ago

Yay, 368 fully loaded butter baby! Ships on Monday.

#2265 4 years ago

#390 arrived set up today, damn awesome game, well done Spooky!!

9E081B4A-6A59-4312-812D-AB218B698CC6 (resized).jpeg9E081B4A-6A59-4312-812D-AB218B698CC6 (resized).jpeg
#2266 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Perfect!!
Can you post a pic please!

Here's a not-so-good pic I just happened to have on my phone. I'll take better shots, if you want to see both games turned on and from the front.

IMG_8240 (resized).jpgIMG_8240 (resized).jpg
#2267 4 years ago

Thank You!!
They go great together!

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I didn't think that would work since the GI is RGB controlled

It won't, would have to be hooked to an accessory panel and be on all the time.
Pinstadiums allowed me to add a very low level of light and makes the playfield pop. Also the flasher hooked to the shaker motor allows for a killer light effect based on how hard the shaker hits.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Mine does lock.
ver 1.0.7.4

Fuck.
Mine dosen't. Will send an email in.

Thanks for answering and letting me know.

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from Veith:

My game arrived yesterday I am extremely upset with the Spooky crew! How dare they send me a game that works perfectly with no adjustments right out of the box. How am I going to bitch about stuff? No Key Lock issues, no rattling, nothing. Man.... I guess I will just play the crap out of it and enjoy?? Thanks Spooky and as many have said, you rock!!

Dude... We need those coin door lock photos!

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy Halloween Alice fans!
A friend was telling me that Pinstadiums are essential for this machine. I'm not a fan, but considering them. Will a couple spotlights suffice? I like my games pretty stock, and pretty dark really. For those of you with no extra lighting, do you have trouble seeing the ball at times? Lastly, do I have any more dumb questions? Yes,...yes I do.

The lighting is just fine in an ambient room as stated - the lighting is very well programmed, like TNA. I LOVE playing it in the dark but wish in the new code revision they would simply dim the lights at these moments and it never (or maybe once or twice very strategically) goes completely dark like it does now fairly often.

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:He also linked his product to my custom game . And when products are linked to games here it is worded something like “ products relevant to this game “ . When he links to a game like that it seems like he is taking credit for something he or his product has nothing to do with and contributed nothing to . It is kind of annoying that he leached off my hard work and therefore I will never use or support his product.

Are you still on about this? Jesus dude, move on.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Are you still on about this? Jesus dude, move on.

I personally haven’t discussed it much , other custom builders have though as he also linked to their games . People here were asking why the hate for Pinstadium so I thought I’d explain why I do not care for them . Spend three years of your life working on something and have someone that you don’t know ,that did absolutely nothing to help you ,take credit for something and see how you feel about it . It was a shitty move on his part and I’ll just leave it at that. I won’t mention it here again.

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Mine dosen't. Will send an email in.
Thanks for answering and letting me know.

Ya, and it also locks when light isn't lit. I'll continue keeping an eye on it's behavior. I will let you know if I notice anything strange about it. Sounds like you may need to adjust those servos.

#2275 4 years ago

I was fortunate enough to be able to play a spectacular Haunted House on Halloween last night (and of course some ACNC too when I went home). I've only played HH a few times before buying ACNC, but now that I've played it after owning Alice it seems Haunted House was a source of inspiration for the Nightmare Castle. Specifically I noticed the misdirection and secret passageways last night when I was playing. So I wanted to ask SpookyCharlie if Haunted House actually inspired some of these same characteristics or if they are just coincidental. They fit both themes perfectly, and I think really make the whole gameplay experience. I've had a few people say they don't like never knowing where the ball is going to come from on Alice, but I always try to say I think that's intentional. I mean you are lost in a Nightmare Castle.

#2276 4 years ago

This game has the greatest ambiance I have ever experienced in a pinball machine! The modes are all awesome and different! Had the best Halloween ever last night playing this MASTERPIECE! I burned Dracula and chopped off Alices's head! What a trip these modes are! And the hurry up's at the end are an adrenaline surge! Thank you Spooky!..

#2277 4 years ago

Topper looks wild. Love it! Ordering that beast.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, and it also locks when light isn't lit. I'll continue keeping an eye on it's behavior. I will let you know if I notice anything strange about it. Sounds like you may need to adjust those servos. For some reason, I can't save the Frank servo settings. My Frank isn't high enough and when I set the servo TOP parameter to raise him up, it doesn't save the setting? So ball #1 doesn't always drain into ramp on start of Frank Multi ball.

Interesting. In test mode (setting the Servo adjustment) the gate moves all the way to the tree positions. (Left, Mid, Right) But when I start a game, it never moves to allow the ball to lock. It did ONCE, when I somehow got a two-player game stuck in Skill Shot mode, as a shot up there caused it to lock. But that was the only time, oddly.

#2279 4 years ago

You guys really need to add frank to the ball search. Also he needs work. If a ball is locked and the game ends, he doesn't raise up all the way sometimes to free the locked ball. He needs to go up like 1/2 inch or quarter inch more. I've adjusted his top in servo settings to 96 from 89. When a player tries to start a new game it says pinball missing, if frank were to raise up all the way it fixes this. As soon as I go into settings he raises up the rest of the way and the ball rolls into play. This machine is on location and this is happening like every other day now. please fix this ASAP. I'll be happy with even a .000001 code update if all it does is fix this issue! Game is getting great feedback from location players, minus this issue, and the random resets.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. In test mode (setting the Servo adjustment) the gate moves all the way to the tree positions. (Left, Mid, Right) But when I start a game, it never moves to allow the ball to lock. It did ONCE, when I somehow got a two-player game stuck in Skill Shot mode, as a shot up there caused it to lock. But that was the only time, oddly.

That is definitely not right. Mine moves as it should during game play.

Never mind about the post I made about not being able to save servo settings. I was doing it wrong. It's a little confusing. After you make a change to servo parameters, you have to scroll to the save servo settings screen and then hit start button.

#2281 4 years ago

Speaker lights in Zombie mode should not be GREEN like the default color. They should be ORANGE since this color is not used in any modes yet and it's a Halloween color anyway.

#2282 4 years ago

Just got Mine #376. Straight away the ball gets stuck in the crypt lock. What's going on with this??? What is it supposed to be doing? How do I fix this?

Video of the problem below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/in4EBepADqpefx6E7

Thanks!

#2283 4 years ago

I’d really like to have an update include some killer jackpot call outs to match various jackpot scenarios. So much potential to add some terrifying magic to those climatic moments!

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That is definitely not right. Mine moves as it should during game play.

Okay little more study, and it looks like when the ball is launched, my gate opens left. Then between a second to two seconds later, it returns to middle position.

Logs don't show anything strange, so will send Spooky an email.

Edit: And thanks to Yoreland , I think I figured my issue out. My TOP drop target (#3, the one on the upper PF) was not restting. I NEVER NOTICED during game play, but it looks like the software is aborting the lock (moving the gate to the middle) when the drop target isn't resetting properly. I will verify this tomorrow when I fix my target.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Just got Mine #376. Straight away the ball gets stuck in the crypt lock. What's going on with this??? What is it supposed to be doing? How do I fix this?
Video of the problem below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/in4EBepADqpefx6E7
Thanks!

It looks like your "backDropTarget" isn't dropping as it should, so the ball is trying to get tossed up into the scoop, and cannot make it, the game it trying over and over.

I don't yet have all the test menus memorized, but there may be a test where you can test the different coils, and verify it drops.

Edit: Go to the Drop Target Test mode, and run it. This should tell you is they're all working as expected.

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Okay little more study, and it looks like when the ball is launched, my gate opens left. Then between a second to two seconds later, it returns to middle position.
Logs don't show anything strange, so will send Spooky an email.
Edit: And thanks to yoreland , I think I figured my issue out. My TOP drop target (#3, the one on the upper PF) was not restting. I NEVER NOTICED during game play, but it looks like the software is aborting the lock (moving the gate to the middle) when the drop target isn't resetting properly. I will verify this tomorrow when I fix my target.

Mine had an intermittant issue similar, drop target down switch did not register every time. Mine was the switch itself, maybe yours is just adjustment.

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It looks like your "backDropTarget" isn't dropping as it should, so the ball is trying to get tossed up into the scoop, and cannot make it, the game it trying over and over.
I don't yet have all the test menus memorized, but there may be a test where you can test the different coils, and verify it drops.
Edit: Go to the Drop Target Test mode, and run it. This should tell you is they're all working as expected.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Meanwhile Spooky Service told me to adjust the playfield pitch. That seemed to solve the problem so far...

#2288 4 years ago

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Thanks, I'll look into that. Meanwhile Spooky Service told me to adjust the playfield pitch. That seemed to solve the problem so far...

What did you have your angle at? Higher than 7?

Quoted from earetz:

Mine had an intermittant issue similar, drop target down switch did not register every time. Mine was the switch itself, maybe yours is just adjustment.

Yup ,I will. I ned to run out and get some inspections done this morning - once I get back though, I'll be taking a closer look at that area. Thanks!

#2290 4 years ago

Gameplay question, guys -
If the Mystery Hole is lit (for a Mystery award), and you shoot up to the upper playfield, and then drain the ball through EITHER the left lane or the far right Crypt hole - both of these end up in tyhe Mystery Hole for kickout - does it award the Mystery Award?

Had this happen (both ways), and .. it didn't see right.

#2291 4 years ago

Crypt hole doesn't go to the mystery? It drops down onto the main pf
I've had random upper playfield left drains count as mode shots before though. Not sure if bug or not

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've had random upper playfield left drains count as mode shots before though. Not sure if bug or not

Huh, you're right. Okay, something else strange happened on that one, then. But the left Bonus lane? Would it fire a Mystery Award (if it was lit)?

#2293 4 years ago

Got #323 setup today and I’m loving it so far! The butter cab is absolutely gorgeous, I’m glad I splurged for it even if you can’t fully appreciate it with the UV lighting on. Don’t have too many games on it yet but starting to find the shots and having a blast! Game play is fun, build quality is impressive, door lock is intact, great job team Spooky!!!

19F756F6-D521-43CD-9A41-C374F22B53D2 (resized).jpeg19F756F6-D521-43CD-9A41-C374F22B53D2 (resized).jpegA6B163C1-76A5-496A-9965-A106867FBDEA (resized).jpegA6B163C1-76A5-496A-9965-A106867FBDEA (resized).jpeg
#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:Huh, you're right. Okay, something else strange happened on that one, then. But the left Bonus lane? Would it fire a Mystery Award (if it was lit)?

Yes, this happens to me too. Not sure if by design or bug.

#2295 4 years ago

#2296 4 years ago

Any of you guy's have digital inclinometers act squirrely? Mine seems to jump around a lot. PITA to use. And it's only a year old. I do zero it on my pool table because it's level.

#2297 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I was trying to find the earlier thread to this to see what issue was described but isn't the top playfield drop through the cold ethyl and the main pf shot into the crypt? The ethyl hole can drop and may just dump out the front of the crypt lane (or trigger the double drop target ball lock), but a crypt lane shot could go through (if also not triggering the ball lock) and drop into the crypt hole/subway which exits at the mystery hole.

Does this sometimes give the mystery award?

#2298 4 years ago

Okay, stupid question. The hardware included a head bolt and washer but I don’t see anywhere to use it?? The latch on the back of the head seems sturdy enough not to need anything else, what am I missing here?

E1E88994-3AF5-4CD6-A09B-18AE68E2D399 (resized).jpegE1E88994-3AF5-4CD6-A09B-18AE68E2D399 (resized).jpeg
#2299 4 years ago

You need to bolt the head to the cabinet . That bolt completes the ground between the two .

#2300 4 years ago

The bolt goes to the left of the opening in the bottom of the back box .

7B43FBE0-DACB-4A0D-935F-2989EC7DE241 (resized).jpeg7B43FBE0-DACB-4A0D-935F-2989EC7DE241 (resized).jpegAA5EAC31-F442-4250-835C-8A584D16B37B (resized).jpegAA5EAC31-F442-4250-835C-8A584D16B37B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 14.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/46?hl=arcadevideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.