(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 160.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at what point do we tell the minions that I opened, licked, and put back 1 cheese ball from a package I sent anonymously?

Pretty sure the cheese powder in these things is fairly antiseptic anyway. And judging from the number of times I hear "5 second rule!" shouted across the shop, they aren't too concerned about germs.

Kanpai!!!!

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Seriously impressed on how fast you chased this issue down i think you are a better tech than me lol!

Nah, powersupplies are standard. If something happened with one of the boards? I know next to nothing about the PRoc boards, I would have been lost. The most recent stuff I ever worked on was WPC95. Heh.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Dude... you fixed that so fast I was shocked. Like we had 3 people looking at what your issue could be and BANG! Fixed before we could get the 2nd email to you... ?!?! Amazing.
We seriously have had a failure on those MeanWell 5 & 12v power supplies at the rate of less than 1 a year. Maybe 4 in the entire almost 7 years of Spooky... crazy you tracked that down so quick.
Squirrel has a replacement going out for you today (and the add ons).

Years and years of bein' a tech and operator, it has helped with debugging and fixing.
having said that, it's *entirely* possible that something else is just drawing too much current, pushing the Mean Well over it's 1A capacity. I'll find out when I get the replacement, and if the issue returns. Will let ya'll know.

Thanks again for the quick help!

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at what point do we tell the minions that I opened, licked, and put back 1 cheese ball from a package I sent anonymously?

So basically you're admitting to licking Lukes balls.

#2204 4 years ago

We love you... and we mean that.
I swear we're getting better. Not perfect, but we'll keep aiming for that to earn those cheeseballs for the minions.
They've emptied several tubs already! [quoted image]

Looking forward to photos of a NIB with a bunch of cheese dust fingerprints all over it.

#2205 4 years ago

What kind of anti rattle tape are y’all using?

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

What kind of anti rattle tape are y’all using?

https://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

So basically you're admitting to licking Lukes balls.

who hasn't?

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thanks for this. I passed on these, despite them looking cool, because of the big reflections I've seen in all the pictures. Good to know bent plastic resolves it. I'll be getting them after all.

You will get a little reflection off the extreme corners, but only off of corners of the glass in front of the pinblades. Nothing on the playfield will be obscured.

#2210 4 years ago

Here are some pics with and without DMD guard. Top pic is without.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html
Without Guard (resized).JPGWithout Guard (resized).JPGWith Guard (resized).JPGWith Guard (resized).JPG20170601_120651 (resized).JPG20170601_120651 (resized).JPG

#2211 4 years ago

Just in time for Halloween #323 is in the house! Well technically it’s in the garage and probably will be until this weekend, too much going on over the next few days. Only issue was a hole in the box and whatever caused it went all the way through the blanket wrapped around it and lightly scratched the back of the back box. Hopefully that’s the extent of it! The carrier wanted me to sign before he would let me open it and I said no way, then pointed out the hole in the box and he let me open it. I cut away some of the blanket and he took a picture and made a note of it on the sheet before I signed it.

3CDF1C83-556A-4E40-8BF4-545FB40B0B80 (resized).jpeg3CDF1C83-556A-4E40-8BF4-545FB40B0B80 (resized).jpeg4B6CD41B-95E8-43EE-B828-50AC163B1706 (resized).jpeg4B6CD41B-95E8-43EE-B828-50AC163B1706 (resized).jpeg85B9DB5E-CB51-4C1B-911D-C4ADDBFF9D64 (resized).jpeg85B9DB5E-CB51-4C1B-911D-C4ADDBFF9D64 (resized).jpeg
#2212 4 years ago

I just received a couple roles from Tekman

I have yet to install it but did use his from a couple years ago on another project and it worked great. $22 shipped for a double roll or $13 for a single roll as I recall.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Just in time for Halloween #323 is in the house!

Easy fix!
Hopefully that's all. Should be good! Thank God it's not the butter art!
Cheers!

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Here are some pics with and without DMD guard. Top pic is without.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I use those guards on a lot of pins. Cheap and effective.

My Alice does not have the speaker lights. In fact, my Alice is bare bones. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything. It is a great pin and just the playfield is attention grabbing enough I think.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

In fact, my Alice is bare bones. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything. It is a great pin and just the playfield is attention grabbing enough I think.

Yes it is!
I just like colored lights!

#2216 4 years ago

Don’t get me wrong. I do too. Just so happened the one that came my way was stock. I was a little worried at first about not having the bling. As it turned out, no big deal which I’ve been happy about.

#2217 4 years ago

Don’t get me wrong. I do too.

Ya, I have trouble resisting mods. I won't shell for a premium/LE Stern, but I'll mod the crap out of a pro! I love modding! I just ordered the crypt and volcano mods and yet to install under cab lighting.

#2218 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Get a BSD. That and ACNC, best 2 horror pins out there....and still very undervalued compared to most others.....

My BSD sits next to my ACNC. You can cheaply trick out the BSD to look very cool / spooky.

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

My BSD sits next to my ACNC. You can cheaply trick out the BSD to look very cool / spooky.

Perfect!!
Can you post a pic please!

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I have trouble resisting mods

Resist harder.

rd

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Resist harder.
rd

Says the man with 131 pinball machines! LOL!!!

Unlike you, I'll never reach Pinball Nirvana!

#2222 4 years ago

Nah, mod it out. Make it yours. I love mods...but try to be tasteful. I went a little overboard on my Met Pro, but then again, it’s mine. If/when I sell it...I figure I had a blast with it and the next owner can do what they want.

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nah, mod it out. Make it yours.

It's true though, that you loose money on resale by over modding. So it's wise to practice some restraint. It seems color DMD's and shakers are pretty safe investments for resale anyway. But then there's must have mods. For example, the dollar store T-Rex on JP3 pro sucks ass! If I get this pin, that's the first mod going in!

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's true though, that you loose money on resale by over modding. So it's wise to practice some restraint. It seems color DMD's and shakers are pretty safe investments for resale anyway. But then there's must have mods. For example, the dollar store T-Rex on JP3 pro. That thing sucks ass! If I get this pin, that's the first mod going in!

Pins should never be an investment. That’s like saying...”this boat is gonna make me money.” Enjoy the pin. Don’t worry about the resale. If you care about pin, you will take care of it (mods or not) and will get good resale, but enjoying playing it is first.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Says the man with 131 pinball machines!

I’m out of room. I have to resist every day.

rd

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m out of room. I have to resist every day.
rd

I'd say that truly qualifies as a "first world problem".

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'd say that truly qualifies as a "first world problem".

That’s actually a 1-percenter problem!

#2228 4 years ago

Anyone make a cool decal yet for the rectangular coin door recess? Also, what are others using for keychains on Alice? I’m not really digging the one I bought off Amazon. Love my BSD gothic cross keychain though

0D05B324-BBD3-4DD2-A88E-7EAF65AC212A (resized).jpeg0D05B324-BBD3-4DD2-A88E-7EAF65AC212A (resized).jpegBBE2CD86-E84B-4F84-96B7-30D446EC705C (resized).jpegBBE2CD86-E84B-4F84-96B7-30D446EC705C (resized).jpegCE7B94B9-F681-4ADE-AEE8-4DD3988E3002 (resized).jpegCE7B94B9-F681-4ADE-AEE8-4DD3988E3002 (resized).jpegD3DB36C0-09EB-4DB3-B81E-571E6A58527A (resized).jpegD3DB36C0-09EB-4DB3-B81E-571E6A58527A (resized).jpeg
#2229 4 years ago

To those running 1.0.7.4 - are you able to Lab Lock ball #1?

Playing a friend's on 1.0.7.0, every first ball shot up the left ramp would be locked. In my game, even though the "Lab Lock 1" insert is blue, the diverter stays in the middle position. In test mode, it goes to all three positions freely.

I'm assuming it's a software thing, but wanted to get a verification.

#2230 4 years ago

So... after a week or so of the outlane post modification and playing with lightning flippers... I like it! I ordered some clear narrow 1 1/16th posts to replace upper outlane star posts. So, I may end up removing the shrink from the lower outlane posts and install back rubber rings.

Stay tuned

Lightning flippers don’t seem to add a tremendous amount of difficulty, but they open that middle up just enough to make the game a little more brutal. The geometry of all the shots and flow of ball to flippers from ramps/scoop all remain intact. In fact, I can now effectively backhand the drops/locks... which could just be because the angle of the flippers post-install is slightly different than the angle of the flippers from factory (I set up my lightning flippers slight more upward... just slightly!).

Highly recommend giving lightning flippers a shot!

#2231 4 years ago

I use those guards on a lot of pins. Cheap and effective.
My Alice does not have the speaker lights. In fact, my Alice is bare bones. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing anything. It is a great pin and just the playfield is attention grabbing enough I think.

Get your ass on over to the house and make that decision in person!

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

For all you guys just getting your machines, this is a great video with Bowen Kerins explaining the game. It's long, but worth the watch. Check out this cool feature @ 1:10:43 'Hide the Ball'

Damnit, I've owned this game since June and I had no idea you can backhand to the left orbit like that. Played again last night and was starting modes so much easier.

#2233 4 years ago

Happy Halloween Alice fans!
A friend was telling me that Pinstadiums are essential for this machine. I'm not a fan, but considering them. Will a couple spotlights suffice? I like my games pretty stock, and pretty dark really. For those of you with no extra lighting, do you have trouble seeing the ball at times? Lastly, do I have any more dumb questions? Yes,...yes I do.

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

A friend was telling me that Pinstadiums are essential for this machine. I'm not a fan, but considering them. Will a couple spotlights suffice? I like my games pretty stock, and pretty dark really. For those of you with no extra lighting, do you have trouble seeing the ball at times? Lastly, do I have any more dumb questions? Yes,...yes I do.

I have no need for extra lighting at all.

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Depends on how dark your gameroom is.
With ambient lighting, not needed at all.
In an almost black room? Yes, as the lightshows go completely off often, making it impossible to see the ball. (Which, in and of itself, can be a fun way to play!)

#2236 4 years ago

Happy Halloween!

Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1557284117357 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1557284117357 (resized).jpg
#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Don’t add that to your game. Zero reason for it. It will ruin the ambiance of the great lighting effects!!

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Just in time for Halloween #323 is in the house! Well technically it’s in the garage and probably will be until this weekend, too much going on over the next few days. Only issue was a hole in the box and whatever caused it went all the way through the blanket wrapped around it and lightly scratched the back of the back box. Hopefully that’s the extent of it! The carrier wanted me to sign before he would let me open it and I said no way, then pointed out the hole in the box and he let me open it. I cut away some of the blanket and he took a picture and made a note of it on the sheet before I signed it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FANTASTIC JOB! Opening the box first is always a good idea! NEVER let these truck drivers talk you out of inspecting your shipment!

#2239 4 years ago

From Benton, WI...

Happy .... HALLOWEEN!!! ... ?

20191031_095852 (resized).jpg20191031_095852 (resized).jpg
#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's definitely dark. I have no other lights around it, and it's hard to see when there's lighting effects. Some other people that played it complained it was too dark. I'd like to add spot lights but I'm not sure how to wire them

#2241 4 years ago

From Benton, WI...
Happy .... HALLOWEEN!!! ... ?[quoted image]

Cheese balls will get you through anything!

#2242 4 years ago

From Benton, WI...
Happy .... HALLOWEEN!!! ... ?[quoted image]

Snow already?? I'd be on the first plane south.

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Snow already?? I'd be on the first plane south.

I'm 51... and best of my memory, snow this early is a first.

Don't recall trick or treating as a kid in snow boots. I'll have to shovel a path for the kids tonight! Lol.

#2244 4 years ago

I'm 51... and best of my memory, snow this early is a first.
Don't recall trick or treating as a kid in snow boots. I'll have to shovel a path for the kids tonight! Lol.

Within the last decade I definitely went trick or treating in the snow in upstate NY (and not in a lake effect area!)

#2245 4 years ago

I posted some photos of pinstadiums earlier during “pinstadium marketing gate” in this thread. I personally think they add a lot

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just say no Gryszzzz! NEVER, I repeat NEVER put Pinstadiums on your games!

Spotlights will always do the trick and cost you a few bucks.
If you buy that crap then I got a present for you next time I see you.

#2247 4 years ago

WhysNow is one of those that goes into the Pinstadium thread just to maximize his down votes though. It's a good product and a good guy selling them. They win mod awards for a reason. I don't understand the crusade.

#2248 4 years ago

I like custom shooter rods, but with a button/auto fire, is there any modders with ideas for a sculpted frank head or Alice face, etc. that can stick to the button? Could even incorporate leds for the eyes. Just a thought.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's definitely dark. I have no other lights around it, and it's hard to see when there's lighting effects. Some other people that played it complained it was too dark. I'd like to add spot lights but I'm not sure how to wire them

It's easy to add a couple (or four if you do doubles on each slingshot)... you simply hook them to the nearest/best GI connection. Like any GI bulb. If you don't want to put them together yourself you can get kits from pinballbulbs.com.

https://pinballbulbs.com/lightingextras

Purple works well in spots as it has enough white light in it to light up the PF but gives it a creepy vibe.

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's easy to add a couple (or four if you do doubles on each slingshot)... you simply hook them to the nearest/best GI connection. Like any GI bulb. If you don't want to put them together yourself you can get kits from pinballbulbs.com.
https://pinballbulbs.com/lightingextras
Purple works well in spots as it has enough white light in it to light up the PF but gives it a creepy vibe.

I didn't think that would work since the GI is RGB controlled

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.