(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 161.
#2051 4 years ago

Code suggestion: it would be kewl if each room is interactive some way. I know you can stretch a guy in the dungeon, wish the other rooms had these type features.

#2052 4 years ago

The kitchen could be a room where you have to force feed someone until they explode!

#2053 4 years ago

The ballroom could be some guy in baggy pants.

#2054 4 years ago

I was hoping to see the new code before I list it this weekend, but other pins coming soon.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from LouDuva:

Thats not really the topper, right?

If your talking to me, I just layed that Frankenstein down on top of the back box for a laugh. I'm not into toppers.

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm not into toppers.

Us either.

This is just attract mode... it will be interactive with the game, gauges will show mode progress, and the brain even tracks Igor for you in "Lost In America!".

Being assembled now... email: [email protected] to get one or for more info!

#2057 4 years ago

Interactive? That's awesome!

#2058 4 years ago

Looks and sounds like an incredible topper! I can’t wait!!

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

it will be interactive with the game, gauges will show mode progress, and the brain even tracks Igor for you in "Lost In America!".

Email sent .. and do I spy Aerosmith next to Alice?

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Interactive? That's awesome!

It is!!! And just updates via code with the rest of the game.

This was a project that I personally didn't have time for, so we turned it over to the Minions... who proceeded to combine their efforts and came up with the "Spooky Brain-O-Rator" (as seen on the side of the cabinet in the ACNC artwork). They did a great job, and proud of what they came up with.

Price is $299 and Squirrel tells me they will start shipping next week. Every one is hand assembled. The Minions have plowed through 2 tubs of cheeseballs at night working on these things already!

20191024_160550 (resized).jpg20191024_160550 (resized).jpg
#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

do I spy Aerosmith next to Alice?

You do! Lol... floor manager Spooky Luke is a big big fan of that band. We took it in on trade so he can play at night while eating cheeseballs.

#2062 4 years ago

Well, I just paid for more Cheeseballs ... I can't wait!

#2063 4 years ago

Love that topper - but it’s not going to fit in my games room. Curses!

#2064 4 years ago

Got notice my game shipped.

I'm not home yet, and can't effin' wait.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Got notice my game shipped.
I'm not home yet, and can't effin' wait.

Congrats, what number? Butter can?

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Love that topper - but it’s not going to fit in my games room. Curses!

Does your room have a normal ceiling height?

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Congrats, what number? Butter can?

392, no butter!

#2068 4 years ago

Okay, I love this game. Killed the werewolf for first time tonight. I did get this stuck ball at the upper Playfield gate. Second time this has happened.

Any thoughts?

65659D4B-F6B4-4EF4-AD5B-8F7FAA358990 (resized).jpeg65659D4B-F6B4-4EF4-AD5B-8F7FAA358990 (resized).jpeg
#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Okay, I love this game. Killed the werewolf for first time tonight. I did get this stuck ball at the upper Playfield gate. Second time this has happened.
Any thoughts?[quoted image]

Nice ! On the werewolf kill , that is an awesome mode . Stuck balls in that area , I have bent my one way gate back a bit . Other people have replaced the rubber to left that the ball rebounds off with a black rubber ring . Less bounce off the black rubber means less chances off a ball rebounding quickly to that spot.

#2070 4 years ago

Mine used to do that. I just bent the gate a hair.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Pictures Suck! Way more awesome in reality!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need to switch out that Star Trek for tales from the crypt.. lol

#2072 4 years ago

Voodoo glass and color changing LED flipper buttons installed tonight. Looks much better IMO. On to the next mods...

https://silkroadmed.egnyte.com/dl/a1XWAuJ2TV

#2073 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Does your room have a normal ceiling height?

No. This’ll be fine for most rooms. 12.5in

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You need to switch out that Star Trek for tales from the crypt.. lol

Ya, that would look good! But just to be clear, ST ain't leaving my home. That game is awesome! Fantastic flow game, I have other spaces to fill in my game room.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Voodoo glass and color changing LED flipper buttons installed tonight. Looks much better IMO. On to the next mods...
https://silkroadmed.egnyte.com/dl/a1XWAuJ2TV

Sweet!
What's Voodoo glass? Anti reflective? I still see the lighten speaker grills reflecting in the video? Did this help reduce that at all?

#2076 4 years ago

Fyi... upper flipper set to 20 is NOT for everyone!! I moved mine to 20 last night to try (from factory 13) after reading this thread and I went right back. On my game, 20 was launching air-balls everywhere - can't be good for the game to do this and the only way you could hit extra ball would be a rebound shot. Every game has its on nuances so I would experiment - like a sleep number bed.... I think my number is probably a 15

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Fyi... upper flipper set to 20 is NOT for everyone!! I moved mine to 20 last night to try (from factory 13) after reading this thread and I went right back. On my game, 20 was launching air-balls everywhere - can't be good for the game to do this and the only way you could hit extra ball would be a rebound shot. Every game has its on nuances so I would experiment - like a sleep number bed.... I think my number is probably a 15

I love that we can adjust flipper strength in modern games, helps the games play as they were meant to.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I love that we can adjust flipper strength in modern games, helps the games play as they were meant to.

#2079 4 years ago

Gate can be adjusted by just pulling up on the gate lever a hair.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any thoughts?[quoted image]

This happened on mine the other night when some friends were over flipping. Definitely need to add opening that gate to the ball search (hopefully early in the ball search). Another improvement that needs to be added to ball search is Frank moving fully up early on. I've let mine cycle for 5 mins when the second frank lock switch isn't recognized, and frank will raise up half way a bunch. But it's not enough to ever free either of the balls.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This happened on mine the other night when some friends were over flipping. Definitely need to add opening that gate to the ball search (hopefully early in the ball search). Another improvement that needs to be added to ball search is Frank moving fully up early on. I've let mine cycle for 5 mins when the second frank lock switch isn't recognized, and frank will raise up half way a bunch. But it's not enough to ever free either of the balls.

I don't think that gate is controllable?

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

I left mine at factory, and I've never had a problem. It every shot easily and no craziness like you describe.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't think that gate is controllable?

Oh is it not? My bad. I guess if it happens anymore I'll tweak it like some others have described. It was the first time it's happened since I've had mine (maybe 100 plays).

#2084 4 years ago

Just curious the best route to run wire out of the cabinet in this game to reach some undercabinet LED lighting strips. I've done it in several of my other games but not in a Spooky pin so I can't seem to find an easier route out of the cabinet. In the past I've usually run it out with the power cord or out of a speaker grill but the sub on the bottom seems like a pretty nice tight seal that I didn't want to potentially compromise.

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Another improvement that needs to be added to ball search is Frank moving fully up early on. I've let mine cycle for 5 mins when the second frank lock switch isn't recognized, and frank will raise up half way a bunch. But it's not enough to ever free either of the balls.

My machine finally arrived. I agree ball search needs to be improved, or game programming still has flaws and loses track of balls.

Had one ball locked on the left, got a ball onto the mini pf and with a soft flip it just made the small ramp and fell at the right lock.. game went in ball search but never released it.

Another weird ballsearch I had - one ball already locked behind the drop target. Start of new ball - shot up on the mini pf with the right ramp, got skillshot awarded for this. Ball passes the mini flipper, goes as second ball behind droptarget.. game goes in ballsearch and doesn't drop the droptarget.

Either on my machine some switches are not registering well (but I tried them in test mode) or this software still has some issues ?

Another issue on my machine, left spinner gets stuck onto the bottom on the skull plastic behind ?
I put something under it to raise it.. do others have this problem ?
20191025_151215 (resized).jpg20191025_151215 (resized).jpg20191025_160607 (resized).jpg20191025_160607 (resized).jpg20191025_132820 (resized).jpg20191025_132820 (resized).jpg

#2086 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned:

If you shoot the castle scoop while “light mystery” is lit, the rgb on the scoop indicating such doesn’t activate always. Anyone else noticed?

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

My machine finally arrived. I agree ball search needs to be improved, or game programming still has flaws.
Had one ball locked on the left, got a ball onto the mini pf and with a soft flip it just made the small ramp and fell at the right lock.. game went in ball search but never released it.
Another weird ballsearch I had - one ball already locked behind the drop target. Start of new ball - shot up on the mini pf with the right ramp, got skillshot awarded for this. Ball passes the mini flipper, goes as second ball behind droptarget.. game goes in ballsearch and doesn't drop the droptarget.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep...I've had that crypt switch not be recognized a couple times. Sent a photo into Stuck Balls on Instagram lol. Nothing will every be perfect, so I don't sweat a switch not being recognized every once in a while. But I do think the ball search could be improved so that it cycles through more quickly. I've read a few things mentioning that in one code update they changed the ball search, so i'm sure there's a reason the current code is cycling through the way it does. Beyond my paygrade likely.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Not sure if this has been mentioned:
If you shoot the castle scoop while “light mystery” is lit, the rgb on the scoop indicating such doesn’t activate always. Anyone else noticed?

There are definitely bugs with the mystery light. Someone you get a mystery when it's not lit, sometimes you don't when it is.

Quoted from aeneas:

Either on my machine some switches are not registering well (but I tried them in test mode) or this software still has some issues ?

May need to adjust the switch behind the upper flipper to be more sensitive. Mine occasionally misses it on really fast balls. Ball search definitely has issues. Mine sometimes will release the locks if it can't find the ball, but then loses track of how many balls are in play

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

May need to adjust the switch behind the upper flipper to be more sensitive. Mine occasionally misses it on really fast balls. Ball search definitely has issues. Mine sometimes will release the locks if it can't find the ball, but then loses track of how many balls are in play

Thanks, that was one of the issues.

Other problem was the right lock switch just didn't register at first and got stuck in down position.

Final issue was the left scoop plunger which got stuck sometimes, blocking balls in the subway.. replaced the plunger.

Now everything seems to work fine, I didn't have ball searches anymore

I do have to get used to the shots and level the playfield, the ball bounces around a lot and some shots are difficult to make.

#2090 4 years ago

Has anyone thrown lighting flippers on this title? I love the game, but sometimes it seems like the ball is alive for lengthy periods of time. I took the rubber rings off the lane posts to open them a bit (seems like side drains are far and few between)... but, man, I'd like it to have a tad more of an open feel challenge down in the lower 3rd of the game.

Do not regret buying this machine... it's so unique and fun. Totally exceeded expectations. A+

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Sweet!
What's Voodoo glass? Anti reflective? I still see the lighten speaker grills reflecting in the video? Did this help reduce that at all?

Anti-reflective glass similar to PDI, Invisiglass, Stern HD, etc. I like this one more than Stern HD, but I think PDI is the best. I have a mix of all of the different glass on my games. It's a night and day difference vs. the reflective glass the game came with.

https://cointaker.com/products/voodoo-glass

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Left spinner gets stuck onto the bottom on the skull plastic behind ?
I put something under it to raise it.. do others have this problem ?

No but I have notices a couple times that shots to the spinner don't always spin it. Most times it does. Haven't notice the spinner not resetting vertical position properly. Will have to watch for this.

Also, I have had ball in the trough not registering about 4 times now (two days of playing it) and ball search does no good. Need to reboot . I checked the trough switches. They seem OK. May be a software problem. And ball has gotten stuck on left upper side of Frank a few times as well (not in the lock window) requiring playfield glass removal to retrieve.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anti-reflective glass similar to PDI, Invisiglass, Stern HD, etc. I like this one more than Stern HD, but I think PDI is the best. I have a mix of all of the different glass on my games. It's a night and day difference vs. the reflective glass the game came with.
https://cointaker.com/products/voodoo-glass

But does it reduce the reflection from lighted speakers entirely or somewhat? Not that this bothers me though. It's only at the far upper corners right and left where it doesn't obscure anything important on the playfield anyway.

#2094 4 years ago

Has anyone played with the amp in the bottom that has a big sign saying "do not touch" on it? The coin door volume controls don't give enough resolution, was hoping there'd just be a dial somewhere inside the machine I can spin a bit...

#2095 4 years ago

Man.
Been freakin ecstatic for 2 years waiting on this. All of a sudden right before Expo I started gettin cold feet. Not sure if it was all these idiots selling their spots or the tight shots, but it doesn't matter. Just paid it off.
Was debating selling but with so little made I think that would be stupid. I can get a MB all day, every day. And I can sell one of my non-rare titles to get it.
My biggest fear recently is that it's all orbit shots, which are my worst shots.
I'm totally wrong, right?

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man.
Been freakin ecstatic for 2 years waiting on this. All of a sudden right before Expo I started gettin cold feet. Not sure if it was all these idiots selling their spots or the tight shots, but it doesn't matter. Just paid it off.
Was debating selling but with so little made I think that would be stupid. I can get a MB all day, every day. And I can sell one of my non-rare titles to get it.
My biggest fear recently is that it's all orbit shots, which are my worst shots.

Orbits advance you in the rooms to start modes . Modes do a great job of spreading the shots all over . So no the game is not all orbits . they are needed , but if you are having trouble hitting them you can open the secret passage to start a mode. I think the secret passage shot is fairly easy (backhanding it is easiest for me)

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man.

You’re totally wrong. You only have to hit an orbit to lock in what monster you’ll battle. You then have the option of hitting lit orbits to advance, or hitting the center target bank to qualify the secret passage (a center-ish shot that takes you direct to monster). You can also gain quick access to monsters by hitting a skill shot or mystery award.

So much else to hit... ramps are involved, center of game is involved... upper playfield... just take the time to dial the game in and set up to your liking. I have my machine at nearly 8 degrees and removed the rubber lane post rings. Plays super fast. Hitting combos is very rewarding.

Great machine!

If you like horror and horror themed games (for example, I really dig the creepiness of BSD sounds), you’ll get off on this game.

#2098 4 years ago

Well I just paid it off and I ain't gonna look at the box. Gettin excited again...to the point where I can't freakin wait till it gets here.
Think a party is in order.

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man.

FB_IMG_1538332084677 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1538332084677 (resized).jpg
#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Us either.
This is just attract mode... it will be interactive with the game, gauges will show mode progress, and the brain even tracks Igor for you in "Lost In America!".
Being assembled now... email: [email protected] to get one or for more info!

What the? I’ve been anti-toppers for a long time but jeeeez.....that’s pretty badass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/42?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.