(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 160.
#2001 4 years ago

Just got the call from FedEx freight! Delivery tomorrow after 12:00 pm. Fingers crossed! Wish me luck this time.

#2002 4 years ago

Hey guys full release video for our ACNC Topper should be out tomorrow! They are wrapping up some loose ends and gearing up for full production on it.
Video of the fully interactive RGB and Motorized features is on the way! Email [email protected] to get on the list for full details soon!

IMG_1181 (resized).jpgIMG_1181 (resized).jpg
#2003 4 years ago

What are the dimensions of ACNC? I'm a little concerned how wide it is if I'm going to be able to get it through the door :/

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys full release video for our ACNC Topper should be out tomorrow! They are wrapping up some loose ends and gearing up for full production on it.
Video of the fully interactive RGB and Motorized features is on the way! Email [email protected] to get on the list for full details soon![quoted image]

Looks amazing and feels like it is out of an obscure 80s movie. Love it. Can't wait for the video of it in action!

#2005 4 years ago

Loving this game so far.

I probably have a bunch of questions but one certainly is this:

Can the right ramp be back-handed? It seems like the geometry makes it impossible. This is especially troublesome during Alice Cooper mode and trying to get the ball to the guillotine.

Along the same lines...shots to the left ramp which end up going to the upper playfield go straight in between the flipper and the first lane and down in the crypt lock. Maybe a nudge is needed or something? All I know is that I never get to use the flipper on that shot.

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Loving this game so far.
Can the right ramp be back-handed? It seems like the geometry makes it impossible. This is especially troublesome during Alice Cooper mode and trying to get the ball to the guillotine.

I agree.... some of the shots in the game are nearly impossible and there is no way to get up to the upper playfield much less make the guillotine shot.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Loving this game so far.
Along the same lines...shots to the left ramp which end up going to the upper playfield go straight in between the flipper and the first lane and down in the crypt lock. Maybe a nudge is needed or something? All I know is that I never get to use the flipper on that shot.

When I shoot the left ramp the ball hits the upper flipper. I can usually get a trap on the upper flipper from either ramp. Neither seem at all backhandable, but I don't see why that would be necessary? Just shoot the right ramp from the left flipper if the left ramp isn't feeding well?

I've been able to do the full slice Cooper mode as a single combo. Ramp to guillotine, down to right flipper, back up left ramp, repeat.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I agree.... some of the shots in the game are nearly impossible and there is no way to get up to the upper playfield much less make the guillotine shot.

I don’t know what you guys are doing ... Alice Cooper and Vampire are the easiest modes in the game.

My machine is ramped up past 7 and I have no problems with either ramp at standard flipper settings. I do have the upper flipper up to 20 as per Charlie’s recommendation. (That’s the only change to my game)

The right ramp is the go-to unless you want to lock the ball. Right ramp - the ball should land on/about the upper flipper and be easily controllable.

No ... you don’t want to backhand them. You’ll get about 1/2 way up then earn an instadrain.

rd

#2009 4 years ago

RD is correct. Once you consistently make the right ramp, Vampire and AC are not hard. Ball comes straight to upper flipper...trap it and backhand the chop ramp. Also, insect with crypt running is also not too hard. Werewolf and those center targets can be rough, though.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Alice Cooper and Vampire are the easiest modes in the game.

Actually I think vampire might be too easy.... Often I shoot up the ramp once, and then bash the target 5x instantly. Seems like, compared to Alice Cooper where your upper pf shot goes back to the lower pf, vampire should be more shots (or ac less).

I consistently find zombie to be the hardest (and least rewarding) mode. Too bad since it's my favorite song

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t know what you guys are doing ... Alice Cooper and Vampire are the easiest modes in the game.
My machine is ramped up past 7 and I have no problems with either ramp at standard flipper settings. I do have the upper flipper up to 20 as per Charlie’s recommendation. (That’s the only change to my game)
The right ramp is the go-to unless you want to lock the ball. Right ramp - the ball should land on/about the upper flipper and be easily controllable.
No ... you don’t want to backhand them. You’ll get about 1/2 way up then earn an instadrain.
rd

In the video tutorial Bowen Kerin made (on my machine ) he demonstrated that you can backhand the left ramp. At 6.5 pitch and turning the flipper up by 2 I make it most of the time.

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

It's fun at shows (like last week) to watch people just struggle like hell up there. Can't start Frank, can't hit the guillotine... THEN YOU SHOW THEM. Hold the upper flipper up and TRAP THE BALL. 90% of the time the game will feed that flipper and make EVERYTHING much easier. That right ramp is wide and easy once you get it lined up and flowing. Left ramp is more of a sweet spot and harder to control, but manageable.

But yeah, your statement is correct if you swat at the ball and don't gain control. Slow it down, catch it, use the "eyes" target to drop that Frank target for less risk on Feed My Frankenstein, backhand the guillotine, whatever you need. You'll be beating Alice, Frank, and the vampire before you know it regularly.

#2013 4 years ago

I have yet to hit the guillotine with the upper flipper even with catching the ball. I will try adjusting my upper flipper setting to see if that changes anything. To hit the right ramp, are people catching the ball on the left flipper and then hitting off the tip of the flipper or where in the flipper arc are you hitting?
I haven't seen any tutorial on gameplay... does anyone have a link to that?

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I have yet to hit the guillotine with the upper flipper even with catching the ball. I will try adjusting my upper flipper setting to see if that changes anything.

It's a bit of a balancing act between the two upper ramps. If your upper flipper strength is too low you can't hit the left ramp, if it's too high it's going to have trouble on the right ramp

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's a bit of a balancing act between the two upper ramps. If your upper flipper strength is too low you can't hit the left ramp, if it's too high it's going to have trouble on the right ramp

Yep. I like to set it so you can just barely make the ball up the left ramp. If the flipper is too strong, the ball has a tendency to jump the guillotine lock.

#2016 4 years ago

There was a video of this seminar that was like a tutorial stream somewhere. Can anyone find it?

EDIT: found it was a Twitch video that was taken down. I'd like to have it since it was my machine up there. Do you have it saved Charlie?

#2017 4 years ago

Does anyone know about some of the videos getting blocked due to the music? I wanted to make a tutorial video myself, but worried it'd just get muted or taken down. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the music either. And I don't think there's any way to access the music files directly to just replace them? I see there's an active SSH port on the ethernet but don't know the password

#2018 4 years ago

I can hit the guillotine no problem from a trap. My issue is getting the ball up there consistently lol.

Is it normal behavior for a well struck left ramp shot to go straight down between the upper flipper and first lane? I'm at a level 7 degree pitch.

#2019 4 years ago

You-tube has programs running that check for copyrighted music and mute the videos when found and give you a nag message. You can try Vimeo instead. I;ve had success recording pinball sessions and uploading to vimeo.

Quoted from zacaj:

Does anyone know about some of the videos getting blocked due to the music? I wanted to make a tutorial video myself, but worried it'd just get muted or taken down. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the music either. And I don't think there's any way to access the music files directly to just replace them? I see there's an active SSH port on the ethernet but don't know the password

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You-tube has programs running that check for copyrighted music and mute the videos when found and give you a nag message. You can try Vimeo instead. I;ve had success recording pinball sessions and uploading to vimeo.

There is a member here that did a walkthrough video at the Museum of Pinball in Banning. YouTube pulled the video because of the music playing on the overhead sound system in the background.
I have no idea about how the law work on this, but they defiantly do pull videos that have copywrited music in them.

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

These videos were completely blocked, not just a nag message or anything.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

When I shoot the left ramp the ball hits the upper flipper. I can usually get a trap on the upper flipper from either ramp. Neither seem at all backhandable, but I don't see why that would be necessary? Just shoot the right ramp from the left flipper if the left ramp isn't feeding well?
I've been able to do the full slice Cooper mode as a single combo. Ramp to guillotine, down to right flipper, back up left ramp, repeat.

Left ramp is backhand all day. I don't think the right is backhandable (I've tried some but never been successful). For both Alice and Vampire modes, I just try to trap up on the left flipper, back hand left ramp, try to catch ball on upper playfield flipper, then hit either shot I need depending on the mode. I love these two modes for the challenge. Definitely not just shooting the flashing light, you have to work to get it. I will say it seems easier to trap up on the upper flipper off of a right ramp entry.

#2023 4 years ago

Game is AAAAAAAAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in perfect condition. Experimenting with settings now. Set upper flipper to 20 per rotordave and backhands beautifully into chopper! Only it has jumped the upper flipper twice now so turning the power down slightly and seeing if that solves it. Had a ball get lost in the trough and system never did a ball search? Had to reboot. Had the software crash a couple times already and had a ball hang up in the Frank #2 lock. I will get it dialed in soon. Having a blast and this game rocks! Most beautiful pin I've ever seen! Spooky FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.9 degrees
Ver 1.0.7.4

** Pinball Pro Anti Rattle tape works great. Volume and shaker maxed and no rattle! Never messed with factory amp settings either.
** Outlane ball save didn't work at default NORMAL setting. Changed it to Pattern #1 and it works perfectly.
** I also love the menu system. Easy Peasy to use!

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Do you have it saved Charlie?

I do not... sadly. Wasn't ours to save.

#2025 4 years ago

Mine is running 1.0.7.3 what's different on 7.4? Website still just shows 1.0.7.0 why not release newest code to us all?

Does anyone else experience a random second ball kickout and launch after hitting a skill shot? Also is a left ramp rejection supposed to go SDTM? If i only get halfway or more and it rejects to SDTM everytime. I even had a bounce out of the lock do that which was saddening.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 4 years ago

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly.

3A9C2CD0-FD61-413F-A751-61031E90F093 (resized).jpeg3A9C2CD0-FD61-413F-A751-61031E90F093 (resized).jpeg255FCFEF-94B1-4469-85F8-2F453B7169FA (resized).jpeg255FCFEF-94B1-4469-85F8-2F453B7169FA (resized).jpegBE1E0FC9-A0D3-4979-BC92-4CA48847477C (resized).jpegBE1E0FC9-A0D3-4979-BC92-4CA48847477C (resized).jpegFBA1B104-91BE-423D-9494-A962F716CFFD (resized).jpegFBA1B104-91BE-423D-9494-A962F716CFFD (resized).jpegFBAD9608-A6C4-4B46-AF7F-88EA7A300E31 (resized).jpegFBAD9608-A6C4-4B46-AF7F-88EA7A300E31 (resized).jpeg
#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Mine is running 1.0.7.3 what's different on 7.4? Website still just shows 1.0.7.0 why not release newest code to us all?

Don't know? Probably waiting for next major update.

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man , what a drag . Those nail holes are very unnerving

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Oh man , what a drag . Those nail holes are very unnerving

Wood putty and paint and nobody will ever know. Easy Peasy!

#2030 4 years ago

I received my game on Monday and set it up today and as soon as I turn it on Im getting a very loud humming sound that is overpowering the game music and audio.

If I turn the volume way up I can hear that the audio is playing and the video and mechanics look to be working, but the humming is so loud I can't play it.

Hope this is something easily solvable. Pretty disappointing to have a big issue right off the bat, but the game itself looks beautiful

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly
.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm getting similar to this, except very loud humming sound instead of no audio. I did let it load all the way and afterwards the game does start

#2032 4 years ago

Pictures Suck! Way more awesome in reality!

20191023_081902 (resized).jpg20191023_081902 (resized).jpg20191023_174910 (resized).JPG20191023_174910 (resized).JPG

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wood putty and paint and nobody will ever know. Easy Peasy!

I’m dropping close to 9k on this thing . I don’t expect to have to finish working on it or the final product to have blemishes.

#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I'm getting similar to this, except very loud humming sound instead of no audio. I did let it load all the way and afterwards the game does start

Oh man , you guys are freaking me out. Mine is coming any day now

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

I’m dropping close to 9k on this thing . I don’t expect to have to finish working on it or the final product to have blemishes.

Don't sweat the tiny stuff! This is a 5 minute fix if you have to. Mine was perfect! Not the kind of problems to lose sleep over. I don't think there was ever a time when pinball machines arrived 100% perfect in every way! Minor flaws happen. Just be glad you're not getting a Stern with major clear coat pooling and chipping problems. Cheers!

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I received my game on Monday and set it up today and as soon as I turn it on Im getting a very loud humming sound that is overpowering the game music and audio.
If I turn the volume way up I can hear that the audio is playing and the video and mechanics look to be working, but the humming is so loud I can't play it.
Hope this is something easily solvable. Pretty disappointing to have a big issue right off the bat, but the game itself looks beautiful

Sounds like your audio line is not completely plugged in .

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Oh man , you guys are freaking me out. Mine is coming any day now

This is pinball. If you want perfection for your investment...choose another hobby. If that upsets you...choose another hobby. And I repeat...you get it.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Sounds like your audio line is not completely plugged in .

One end is plugged into the board on the back of the lcd screen the other end is in the amp in the cabinet behind where the coin box goes the line plugs in near the right side of the cabinet.

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

One end is plugged into the board on the back of the lcd screen the other end is in the amp in the cabinet behind where the coin box goes the line plugs in near the right side of the cabinet.

That was it! Loose audio line in the cabinet. Thanks much! Made my night

#2040 4 years ago

Seriously! This game is so fantastic in reality, I can't think of a pinball machine that meets my dream pin more than this one! And I looked at everything out there! The theme, artwork, video, sound, music and lightshow is just awesome! IMO, anyone who doesn't think this game rocks is already dead! As far as layout, perfect home pin that will challenge you to play better! This one won't get boring anytime soon!

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle today.Turned it on for the first time and It has no Video and no Sound. The Video screen lights up, goes dark and then says "no signal". The speakers give off a loud cracking sound like they are trying to turn on but I get no sound. I turned it off and back on hoping it would reset. it looked like it was loading data because I saw a progress bar( see photo) but it then it went back to the black video screen and said no signal again. I check all of the connectors and they seem good. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top of the back box has unfinished nail holes- very unsightly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Start by checking the HDMI cable from the CPU to the display panel. make sure it secure. if that looks good, then (with the game on) use your finger to locate the "power button" on the CPU. it is located under the barrel plug connector in the lower right corner of the CPU board. push this button and see if it comes on.

otherwise, you can email [email protected] and they can assist you more.

#2042 4 years ago

A cable with a string of glue on it caused the issue. Found the customers number got out of bed and called from my personal phone at 8pm just to make sure he got to play his game... we are not perfect fellas. Shipping guys make mistakes. The game is up and running.

Remember these are all hand made by full time guys not factory worker robots. We have never filled air nail spots it just never came up.
99.9% of out of the box issues are cables loosened in shipping. We anchor and zip tie them all but going across the country in a truck is hard on connectors.

#2043 4 years ago

Agreed. Love the game. The only thing I could see possibly making it better would have been to make the end of mode bonus collectible at the scoop, lose that target to make everything else just a bit wider. But then again, I do like the challenge of the tight shots.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

got out of bed and called from my personal phone at 8pm

What the hell are you doing in bed at 8pm? You aren't even 30 yet!

But nice work tracking this one down and helping out Spooky Luke. Above and beyond. No wonder you are swimming in cheese balls these days.

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Way more awesome in reality!

MY GAWD that is AWESOME!!! We should have shot the promo flyer at your place.

Seriously... I have game room decoration envy. I need to step up our basement when I run out of things to do (which means never).

LOVE IT!!!

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

You have to give it a moment to boot up. Tiny holes from finish nails pretty minor nitpick. Non issue imo.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

A cable with a string of glue on it caused the issue. Found the customers number got out of bed and called from my personal phone at 8pm just to make sure he got to play his game... we are not perfect fellas. Shipping guys make mistakes. The game is up and running.

I see cheese balls in your future!

#2048 4 years ago

Oh what the hell Spooky is getting to the custom topper market! That topper looks sick!!

Wish an awesome one like that existed for Rob Zombie!

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

MY GAWD that is AWESOME!!! We should have shot the promo flyer at your place.
Seriously... I have game room decoration envy. I need to step up our basement when I run out of things to do (which means never).
LOVE IT!!!

That's an awesome compliment coming from the 'KING of SPOOK' himself!
Picture doesn't do it justice though. But I need to add another Spooky pin where ST is someday.

#2050 4 years ago

Thats not really the topper, right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/41?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.