(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,000 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bossk4hire
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 160.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I too want to install under cab lighting. Which color would go better? Purple or green? Meh, I'll know when I get the machine!

If you could wire it up to the GI to match the color change with the speaker lights that would be really cool.

The speaker lights change color depending on the mode your playing.

#1952 4 years ago

Chance for code this week? Having a pinball party next week....

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Chance for code this week? Having a pinball party next week....

I envy you. Where I live, out in the country, I haven't met enough pin heads to have a pinball party.

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'd go with yellow lighted flipper buttons.

Thanks. After going back and forth between blue and red, I ended up deciding to just replace the factory yellow buttons with the translucent yellow BriteButtons LED kit. Color changing to match the speakers would be awesome, though.

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I envy you. Where I live, out in the country, I haven't met enough pin heads to have a pinball party.

In Austin there are tons. I actually have to be selective in who will mesh with the environment we've created (and who won't treat the machines like cheap routes). Even then we have about 15+ people on a good night.

#1956 4 years ago

I’m not a fan of the clear light up buttons. I find they wear out faster than the solid colors. Button goes flying out in mid epic ball

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks. After going back and forth between blue and red, I ended up deciding to just replace the factory yellow buttons with the translucent yellow BriteButtons LED kit.

Ya, colored translucent buttons are nice. I think they look great lit up with a matching color led.
Shoot us a pic when your get them installed. I might to the same!

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

I’m not a fan of the clear light up buttons. I find they wear out faster than the solid colors. Button goes flying out in mid epic ball

I think he means the colored translucent not clear. I never had any problem with my translucent blue ones on ST in over a year now.

#1959 4 years ago

I only use colored tranlucent BriteButton kits on my pins, not clear. The look of the buttons with the game powered off is just as important to me.

Still looking for a nice decal for for coin door recess area if anyone makes one or has any ideas. My STLE and METLE next to ACNC have those decals on the coin door, installed by previous owners. I ordered some album cover refrigerator magnets for the coin door on IMLE. They're a nice touch IMO.

C118201D-239A-4F5D-A158-89E553F3FDF3 (resized).jpegC118201D-239A-4F5D-A158-89E553F3FDF3 (resized).jpeg

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I only use colored tranlucent BriteButton kits on my pins, not clear. The look of the buttons with the game powered off is just as important to me.

Interesting. I install BriteButtons (along with other lighting mods) on all my games as I love tasteful lighting effects, but when a game is off, all lighting is off, so the clear buttons don't bother me at all.

Are BriteButtons even available for ACNC? I'm not seeing anything on Pinball Life's website.

#1961 4 years ago

Not a bad ball 1 .... (still in progress ...)

rd

491AD02F-AA5C-4668-BFB5-5A60623EC7DB (resized).jpeg491AD02F-AA5C-4668-BFB5-5A60623EC7DB (resized).jpeg31999EB4-5EBC-48E8-A8E0-B1BAF9F60722 (resized).jpeg31999EB4-5EBC-48E8-A8E0-B1BAF9F60722 (resized).jpeg
#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Eh ... I guess.

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image][quoted image]

Okay, now put the glass back on and stop cheating

#1964 4 years ago

Right. So I got to the wizard mode for the first time ever. On ball one.

Noooooooooicee one.

rd

#1966 4 years ago

Final score?

#1967 4 years ago

550m when Billion Dollar Babies started. Not too bad!

Then my “trial edition” code crashed. Haha!

This is a perk of being a bug finder for you other owners out there. lol! My tears will benefit you all.

rd

#1968 4 years ago

Damn ! Too bad the beta code crashed but that is still one hell of a score . Some day I will learn how to play better and be able to compete with great players like rotordave .

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Interesting. I install BriteButtons (along with other lighting mods) on all my games as I love tasteful lighting effects, but when a game is off, all lighting is off, so the clear buttons don't bother me at all.
Are BriteButtons even available for ACNC? I'm not seeing anything on Pinball Life's website.

I ended up ordering the slow color changing Comet clear button kit as I couldn’t decide on a color for ACNC. They tap into the coin door light bayonet sockets. Will post a video once they’re installed.

#1970 4 years ago

Check your habitrails at the weld joints. Mine have some nasty splatter on the rails that i think will put niks and chips in my balls pretty fast. Will try filing these down a bit i think.

20191018_002354 (resized).jpg20191018_002354 (resized).jpg20191018_002402 (resized).jpg20191018_002402 (resized).jpg
#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

put niks and chips in my balls

Ouchy!

rd

#1972 4 years ago

Great score RD! Can you export the logs like some other games to send to spooky to give them info to fix the game code?
Is that an option with acnc?

Quoted from rotordave:

This is a perk of being a bug finder for you other owners out there. lol! My tears will benefit you all.
rd

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I'm happy when I get 55m

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Okay, now put the glass back on and stop cheating

Proof you don't need to remove the glass to get a stellar score!

882e9f3730b4cccb658bb282f451db36dcbc9fa5 (resized).jpeg882e9f3730b4cccb658bb282f451db36dcbc9fa5 (resized).jpeg

#1975 4 years ago

Oh, no! The deepfakes came for Alice!

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you export the logs like some other games to send to spooky to give them info to fix the game code?

Yes, you can. Good tool!

rd

#1977 4 years ago

I'm finally in the club for real. #329 final came home today after a couple week delay while I impatiently waited on my schedule to free up to receive it. Bought in right after York last year.....and got it just in time for Halloween.

Time to play!

IMG_20191018_121931469 (resized).jpgIMG_20191018_121931469 (resized).jpg
#1978 4 years ago

This is happening more often. The drop target in front of Frank ramp jumps up and shoots the ball over the wall and it gets stuck. Spooky, can you make a protector/ shield?

20191019_191230 (resized).jpg20191019_191230 (resized).jpg
#1979 4 years ago

Better image.

15715269101247332431207149872718 (resized).jpg15715269101247332431207149872718 (resized).jpg
#1980 4 years ago

Just gently push your castle turret a little to the right. It must have shifted a little. That area is designed to let the ball pass through if that happens.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Just gently push your castle turret a little to the right. It must have shifted a little. That area is designed to let the ball pass through if that happens.

This is a RZ question, but while you're here...where does this yellow wire I found floating around in a RZ go? I couldn't see anywhere it belonged, and the game seems to be fully working. My only guess was that this was to the leaf switch for the kicker that was abandoned in the area to the left of the single Lock 1-2-3 drop target.

Any insight/advice is appreciated.
RZ_Wire.jpgRZ_Wire.jpg

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Thanks. That solved the problem!

#1983 4 years ago

Just putting this out Spooky Pinball both at the home and shop are experiencing internet outages. We are trying to get this fixed , ( so far they cant find the break grrr). Please be patient we will answer emails and such as soon as we can.

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Just putting this out Spooky Pinball both at the home and shop are experiencing internet outages. We are trying to get this fixed , ( so far they cant find the break grrr). Please be patient we will answer emails and such as soon as we can.

We had a power outage in Wauwatosa for about an hour , back up and running now . I was trying to work in the dark with a flashlight, that was fun.

#1985 4 years ago

Spooky I love your horror podcast. Love the top 5 lists.

I am a sucker for a list.

Cannot wait to get my first Spooky game, Alice!

#1986 4 years ago

Whoa!!!

15716861646022585252522513329937 (resized).jpg15716861646022585252522513329937 (resized).jpg
#1987 4 years ago

And I haven't even sent one yet! LOL!

#1988 4 years ago

"You mind explaining to me why my game has orange dust all inside of it?

#1989 4 years ago

And another one just got here!!!! Well... this is exciting... HAHAHAAAAA!!!

There is gonna be a happy minion in the morning. I think we'll turn the empty tubs into parts bins!

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a RZ question, but while you're here...where does this yellow wire I found floating around in a RZ go? I couldn't see anywhere it belonged, and the game seems to be fully working. My only guess was that this was to the leaf switch for the kicker that was abandoned in the area to the left of the single Lock 1-2-3 drop target.

Email this stuff to us directly so we be sure to see it... but that appears to be the 12v lines for one of the light up mods. They were the only ones that color.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Email this stuff to us directly so we be sure to see it... but that appears to be the 12v lines for one of the light up mods. They were the only ones that color.

Will do, thanks.

#1992 4 years ago

I'm finally getting some playing time in.... Just saw the magnet ball save between the flippers and trying to figure out best adjustment. I noted it held the ball and just let it go to drain. I see there are 4 settings in the settings: Original, Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Pattern 3. What is the difference and what one will throw the ball back out on the playfield above the flippers?

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm finally getting some playing time in.... Just saw the magnet ball save between the flippers and trying to figure out best adjustment. I noted it held the ball and just let it go to drain. I see there are 4 settings in the settings: Original, Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Pattern 3. What is the difference and what one will throw the ball back out on the playfield above the flippers?

None of the settings work for me. They all just give different versions of "hold the ball then drain" At least another ball gets autolaunched after the drain but it is disappointing.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I changed mine to Original and it now shoots the ball straight up. Couple of other items:
1) I notice that the ball can get trapped up by Frank and the machine doesn't notice it's there at times and starts searching for the ball? or is that supposed to get trapped there to start Frank multiball?
2) What do the RGB colors of the speaker lights correspond to? Mine are normally green which is making me want to consider whether I get green lighted flipper buttons and green undercabinet lighting possibly.
3) I've noticed that hitting the orbit can advance me from FOYER all the way to LABORATORY effectively skipping 2 rooms. I thought each orbit hit advance 1 room.
4) it's going to take some practice to not only get to upper playfield but use the small flipper to hit guillotine shot. Any tips?
5) I am frequently getting my ball stuck in the X lanes on the upper playfield. I'll have to lift up the playfield and take a look at what's catching. I don't have my tilt bob hooked up thankfully or I'd be tilting probably once a game trying to get the ball loose from an X lane.
6) Just tried Co Op mode... that is an awesome feature!
7) Funny callout "Don't Rob my Zombie.....".

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

2) What do the RGB colors of the speaker lights correspond to? Mine are normally green which is making me want to consider whether I get green lighted flipper buttons and green undercabinet lighting possibly.

They are RGB and should change with the GI. I would tie into these for flipper and under cab lighting.

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

4) it's going to take some practice to not only get to upper playfield but use the small flipper to hit guillotine shot. Any tips?

Catch the ball first and should be a quick short flip from the holding position.

Quoted from DrMark12PA:

5) I am frequently getting my ball stuck in the X lanes on the upper playfield. I'll have to lift up the playfield and take a look at what's catching. I don't have my tilt bob hooked up thankfully or I'd be tilting probably once a game trying to get the ball loose from an X lane.

Not sure about the left lane but on the right X lane there is a black switch wire that runs beneath it. This is from a switch on the small black metal pf in front. Move the wire to the right of the roll over lane, it's blocking the lane switch from dropping.

#1996 4 years ago

Saw while shopping for Halloween decorations last night....seemed appropriate.

IMG_20191021_193659275 (resized).jpgIMG_20191021_193659275 (resized).jpg
#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

They are RGB and should change with the GI. I would tie into these for flipper and under cab lighting.

Has anyone tried tying into the RGB for undercabinet, flippers, and/or leg lighting?
I'm now considering green for undercabinet since it seems that the RGB speaker color is most often green. I'm also consider yellow for the flipper buttons to replace the original opaque yellow that comes with the machine.
Does anyone have pictures of what they've done with added lighting?

#1998 4 years ago

After playing last night for the first time at length, I've noticed quite a bit of rattle. I just ordered some anti-rattle tape this morning from Flipper Fidelity (I'll use this on my Iron Maiden as well) but I'm wondering:
1) how do you apply the tape? Directly to the edge of the glass or into the channel?
2) have owners changed their subwoofer settings to help?

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

1) how do you apply the tape? Directly to the edge of the glass or into the channel?
2) have owners changed their subwoofer settings to help?

1)The instructions came with my tape from Pinball Pro. Just apply it in one continuous piece along top and bottom going around the ends flush with edge of glass (covering area where glass touches channel).
2) Yes. Some have.

** I'm still waiting from my machine to arrive so I haven't installed it yet. Not sure about the need to adjust settings once tape is applied though.

#2000 4 years ago

I solved the rattle differently. Disconnected the woofer, and hooked up a spare Polk psw10 subwoofer below the game. Overkill but works great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 8,000 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/40?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.