(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 160.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Make sure you get my add-ons correct.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Had that thought as well lol!

Or no cheesy puff balls for you!

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

How the heck do you guys know if you are at 6.5 or 7? I just used a bar level for left to right leveling and eyeballed the leg levelers for pitch. I must have got lucky cause it plays great!

https://www.amazon.com/Homder-Protractor-Inclinometer-Calculating-Automobile/dp/B07P6ZD8KT/ref=sr_1_1

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

How the heck do you guys know if you are at 6.5 or 7?

App Store: PinGuy app. Best $2 ever spent!

#1904 4 years ago

Example of PinGuy App. I recommend putting it on the playfield and not the glass.

F2E0547A-86F7-42F1-B46C-769EA7606EC6 (resized).pngF2E0547A-86F7-42F1-B46C-769EA7606EC6 (resized).png
#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I recommend putting it on the playfield and not the glass.[quoted image]

Yep. You gotta put it on the playfield.

That’s where the ball rolls.

Some say you can teach the app to learn the glass angle ... can’t see why you’d do that, just level the playfield.

rd

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I would love some help with properly adjusting the ball-lock switches in Frank. The switches will consistently stop working, so I will take off the glass and adjust the switches with my finger (I have a tool but have a tough time reaching these switches with the tool). Then the switches will work properly for a game or two. Then after a few games, the switches stop registering again. And as others have mentioned, the ball search does not lift Frank high enough to release the balls, so the only recourse is to stop the game and remove the glass and manually remove the balls. It's been extremely frustrating.
Is there some specific way I should bend these switches to make them more responsive? Other than this issue, wow, I love this game!.

Throw an email my way ill get ya some video. [email protected]

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

None. The driver said they received it that way - i.e. no box and not strapped to the pallet. Some incompetent douche at some point in the shipping process must have trashed the box and just tossed it. But the fact that they just stood it upright on the pallet without even strapping it back down is what pisses me off! It literally fell over in transit ..crash, bang! WTF? $7,000 work of art. Makes me sick!!!!!!!!

In the immortal words of Lord Vader, "Do not underestimate the power of stupidity". ....or something like that

#1908 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

lol!
I actually have had 12 Spookys shipped here with no disasters. Touch wood.
rd

And don't think we're not grateful!

#1909 4 years ago

SpookyLuke got your bride ready...come on #413! Wife and I are jonesen for this pin. Can’t wait to pick it up!

#1910 4 years ago

We're going to need a Scrooge McDuck style photo of Luke diving into a pool of cheesy poofs next week.

#1911 4 years ago

How is the shaker motor implementation on Alice? Thinking of getting in on the final batch of games.

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

We're going to need a Scrooge McDuck style photo of Luke diving into a pool of cheesy poofs next week.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1913 4 years ago

Also is there new code coming about use of weapons to make the monsters a bit easier too? I hard this is happening perhaps?

#1914 4 years ago

Code request! ... can the GI be just dimmed vs. going completely out? I like playin my games in the semi dark and the game is perfectly lit in my opinion during play but too often during certain modes, the lights go completely out. Couldn’t they just be dimmed or can you leave just the the slingshot lights on so we can at least see the ball to the flipper? Or even a ball save activated when GIs are out would even suffice. This is my only beef w this amazing game

#1915 4 years ago

I guess I'm just getting old and my vision isn't so good anymore because I have trouble following the ball if the room is too dark. I too like it somewhat dim, but on my F-14 for example, the playfield was kind of dark and I used a 40w clamp light off to the side above to help illuminate it (clamp lights are one advantage to not having a finished ceiling). I think ACNC is also a little on the dark side so I will probably do the same.

#1916 4 years ago

Is Laseriffic or anyone working on a topper for this game? Looking to put the finishing touch on my ACNC, it looks naked next to the other pins which all have toppers. This game deserves a bad ass topper, any options?

#1917 4 years ago

Looks like I am going to pick up a HUO ACNC today! Anyone happen to know the dimensions of the game with the head folded down? Never moved a pin in my 2019 Hyundai Tucson and would like to try and measure to make sure it fits...

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is Laseriffic or anyone working on a topper for this game? Looking to put the finishing touch on my ACNC, it looks naked next to the other pins which all have toppers. This game deserves a bad ass topper, any options?

Yes! topper needed , ACNC will look out of place next to my other pins with toppers.

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

can the GI be just dimmed vs. going completely out? I like playin my games in the semi dark and the game is perfectly lit in my opinion during play but too often during certain modes, the lights go completely out.

I’m ordering PinStadiums to see how well they work in ACNC; the UV with the translucent rubbers should be pretty cool.

And agree on the topper. All my machines have them (either naturally or add on)but ACNC.

#1920 4 years ago

Hope I can say this. Spooky is working on a topper.
Stay tuned.
Magicchiz

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Spooky is working on a topper.

Take my money!!

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Hope I can say this. Spooky is working on a topper.
Stay tuned.
Magicchiz

This is the one thing I never understood about Spooky. They sell all their machines as a base model, and then you can order all these neat add-ons. Why was a topper never one of them? So many people want toppers!

Good on Spooky. I hope they start making toppers from here on out. I know I'd be more apt to buy one. It'd be also awesome to be able to buy a stand-alone topper just for room decoration!

#1923 4 years ago

Check this out for a topper!

Lightedpinballmods Ultimate Pinball Topper running Monster Bash video clip.
Would be great for ACNC!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJPu96OTXwHeANvxo0KOBw/videos

** Includes all apps to make your own videos. I'm going to buy one just for a wall decoration. He makes a version of it for that as well!

See thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this

#1924 4 years ago

I’m in for a topper although my wife made me one. She’s a lego nut!!! All my machines have them.

50165877-C4AE-41F8-A442-29B658C516DF (resized).jpeg50165877-C4AE-41F8-A442-29B658C516DF (resized).jpeg
#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’m in for a topper although my wife made me one. She’s a lego nut!!! All my machines have them.[quoted image]

Okay, that's effin' awesome. Very well done!

#1926 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what Spooky comes up with. Also, that rectangular recess in the coin door needs a high quality decal to make it pop. Maybe Alice Cooper’s eyes, creepy crawlies or some other cool subject matter. What color LED flipper buttons are you guys installing? I’m thinking translucent purple.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looking forward to seeing what Spooky comes up with. Also, that rectangular recess in the coin door needs a high quality decal to make it pop. Maybe Alice Cooper’s eyes, creepy crawlies or some other cool subject matter. What color LED flipper buttons are you guys installing? I’m thinking translucent purple.

Agreed, RZ came with one.

#1928 4 years ago

Here's my temporary topper. Halloween season is the best time of year at the dollar store! Got spidey for a buck, and made the stand out of a wire coat hanger and a 3D printed base. I guess I should paint a red hourglass on its back.

IMG_9161 (resized).JPGIMG_9161 (resized).JPG
#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'd love to see a decal to cover the black emptiness around the speakers and LCD screen - possibly replicating the brick pattern you see in the background of the cabinet art?

#1930 4 years ago

Love seeing what people put on top of these machines! I had an old neon transformer and cobbled a few old/unfinished projects into this gruesome beast over the weekend. There is a very satisfying electronic crackle that the spark makes.

Thinking about adding a foam brain with some coiled copper wire or something.

F192BF5B-0E79-495A-A042-85835036367D (resized).jpegF192BF5B-0E79-495A-A042-85835036367D (resized).jpeg
#1931 4 years ago

Also good for RF interference. Does it cause noise in the audio?

Also, make sure someone with a heart condition doesn't touch it!

#1932 4 years ago

The bottom has a drawer that I lined with tin foil in an attempt to keep any interference at bay. Haven't noticed any issues with it affecting gameplay or audio/visual interference. Must admit, I only have just enough knowledge about electricity to be dangerous.

#1933 4 years ago

Code idea: Use Launch button during play to activate mag-neat-o save (for SDTM saves). Maybe light it on 5th chop or mystery or something. bkerins

#1934 4 years ago

Hey everyone...new owner here! Really enjoying it so far and very impressed (my first Spooky game). Bought a HUO machine that the previous owner had for about a week (so practically brand new).

Several questions/issues. Sorry, I guess I could have scoured this thread (my bad).

1. Sometimes after a game ends, the machine reboots. It often seems to happen when I put a high score in, but not always. Anyone else have this issue? Software bug? I noticed that my machine is running code 1.0.7.1 (and the most recent code on Spooky's website is 1.0.7.0).
2. Is there any way to make adjustments to the magnet save? Mine just grabs the ball, it wiggles around a little, and drops it down the drain - it does not toss it back up into the playfield.
3. The LCD screen has 2 dead/stuck pixels. Worth worrying about, or not a big deal?

The game is really fun to shoot, and while some of the shots are tight I am hitting a lot of the shots after only owning the game after a day. Not sure what all the complaining is about. Music, code, art, display, etc. are all top notch!

Only minor complaint would be the game seems dark (I feel like I might have read that complaint elsewhere too). I think I will look into adding spotlights or maybe building some stadium type lighting.

Anyhow - excited to be a part of the club! Will definitely be following this thread more closely moving forward!

#1935 4 years ago

My game resets also. Saw a text from Charlie to the guy I bought mine from saying it is a software issue and they are working on it.

I, too, need to adjust the magnet save. There is a setting. Just haven’t messed with it yet.

Loving the game thus far! (Only a few days into ownership myself.)

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Hey everyone...new owner here! Really enjoying it so far and very impressed (my first Spooky game). Bought a HUO machine that the previous owner had for about a week (so practically brand new).
Several questions/issues. Sorry, I guess I could have scoured this thread (my bad).
1. Sometimes after a game ends, the machine reboots. It often seems to happen when I put a high score in, but not always. Anyone else have this issue? Software bug? I noticed that my machine is running code 1.0.7.1 (and the most recent code on Spooky's website is 1.0.7.0).
Temporary fix for a memory issue. Our guys are working on it and it does sound like they have figured it out just need some time to implement it.
2. Is there any way to make adjustments to the magnet save? Mine just grabs the ball, it wiggles around a little, and drops it down the drain - it does not toss it back up into the playfield.
There are options for the delay time on the magnet pulse in the game settings. Also this depends heavily on the pitch of the game as to which setting works.
3. The LCD screen has 2 dead/stuck pixels. Worth worrying about, or not a big deal?
The manufacturer of the screens claims that is within tolerances (i dont agree) we can sell you a new one though at our cost.

The game is really fun to shoot, and while some of the shots are tight I am hitting a lot of the shots after only owning the game after a day. Not sure what all the complaining is about. Music, code, art, display, etc. are all top notch!
Only minor complaint would be the game seems dark (I feel like I might have read that complaint elsewhere too). I think I will look into adding spotlights or maybe building some stadium type lighting.
We have had a couple people mention this i will pass it on to the programming team.
Anyhow - excited to be a part of the club! Will definitely be following this thread more closely moving forward!

#1937 4 years ago

Well this just arrived! Mine says #221 on the box though? Does anyone know why? When it looks like people are getting 300 400 etc here. No time to set it up unfortunately yet. Might have to wait until tomorrow to play

20191015_113840 (resized).jpg20191015_113840 (resized).jpg
#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Well this just arrived! Mine says #221 on the box though? Does anyone know why? When it looks like people are getting 300 400 etc here. No time to set it up unfortunately yet. Might have to wait until tomorrow to play[quoted image]

I believe you ordered this from Nitro? If so that is one of their numbers. We don't always make the games in numerical order when dealing with a distributor. We make them when they give us the info on the game to be made.

#1939 4 years ago

361 arrived safe and sound in Maryland today. Playing flawless out of the box. Time to learn some rules!

A big thanks to Spooky!

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Agreed, RZ came with one.

Mine did not which is a standard.
Maybe the LEs?
Wound up buying one though.

#1941 4 years ago

Set up #221 tonight! Fun game for sure. Heres my review so far. Initial impression was great. Loved the thank you sticker on the leg box and the little Easter eggs scattered throughout. Awesome that the legs aren't just chrome or black, they are castle material . When i opened the coin door i noticed the inside of the coin door is very dusty. Like the door was upside down uncovered for a very long time or something. The side art blades are also peeling slightly on the left side. The lcd screen wood trim has like black strings or threads sticking out of the wood around the edges of the screen, i can probably razor blade them off and clean it up a bit. As an operator, the coin box seems slightly annoying to get out, especially if it has a lot of quarters, as the playfield under handle thing is directly above the coin box. Those are the only negative things I've found so far physically. No dimpling or clear coat pooling as of yet but only got maybe 15 or 20 games in (couldnt say the same about my Jurassic park unfortunately) . Really loving it so far and happy with my purchase. It feels good as all spooky machines do. I really enjoy the different feel of different manufacturers machines.

I had a few questions for spooky since they regularly post here.

What balls do you ship with your game? Size/material/vendor? They feel heavier than other balls ive used from marco or pinball life. Just thinking what to replace them with in the future.

What type/brand of rubbers are installed?

Were you all carving pumpkins in the shop or something last week? I swear the plastic wrap smelled like pumpkins while i was unboxing it xD. Seemed fitting for it to smell that way coming from your spooky boutique company!

Is there a manual somewhere for this game? The settings/adjustments menu is pretty daunting so a table of contents would make things easier.

Still learning the rules and such, but the magnet save throws my ball down the drain every time, except that one time it threw it up back into play and it was awesome. Is it supposed to go in drain or back into play or is it rule dependant?

While inspecting all plugs before powering up i noticed what looks like hot glue on the majority of plugs under the playfield sealing them into place. What's up with that? What if something needs to be replaced?

And lastly, awesome job with this game. It seems really fun, simple, and challenging at the same time. The sound and graphics are great. I haven't played all The monsters yet, but they all seem unique and fun so far, not your usual light chaser. The machine feels built really well and made with good parts, especially compared to my new sterns(Jurassic and deadpool). Im glad there is a metal ball trough cover to lift up the playfield, instead of the plastic ones stern switched to(i swear they feel like they will break off someday). The art pieces and sculptures in the game look and feel like a nice quality product, not cheaply made plastic.
Congratulations on your newest game Spooky! Your passion for pinball shows through your builds. Looking forward to many more titles from you all! Thank you for the breath of fresh air and for carving your own niche into the realm of pinball manufacturers.

(Btw i love both Jurassic park and deadpool also, but spooky has done a lot of things right with their build that i wish stern would do. And i don't think its just because i have pros.)

20191015_223953 (resized).jpg20191015_223953 (resized).jpg20191015_224019 (resized).jpg20191015_224019 (resized).jpg20191015_224031 (resized).jpg20191015_224031 (resized).jpg20191015_230124 (resized).jpg20191015_230124 (resized).jpg20191015_233625 (resized).jpg20191015_233625 (resized).jpg
#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Were you all carving pumpkins in the shop or something last week?

Our floor manager (who will in here shortly to help you with the serious stuff) has a serious addiction to pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!!! The struggle is real. And also cheese ball puffs.

Manual has begun for ACNC... much of it is just transferred from TnA, which is down to parts lists (Squirrel is on that). All coming!

#1943 4 years ago

Alice cooper isnt my usual go to for rock music, but damned if I dont want one of these BAD. SO FUN.

#1944 4 years ago

Which LED flipper button kits are you guys installing? I’m trying to decide on a color and leaning toward the factory yellow BriteButtons. Looking for recommendations

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Set up #221 tonight! Fun game for sure. Heres my review so far. Initial impression was great. Loved the thank you sticker on the leg box and the little Easter eggs scattered throughout. Awesome that the legs aren't just chrome or black, they are castle material . When i opened the coin door i noticed the inside of the coin door is very dusty. Like the door was upside down uncovered for a very long time or something. The side art blades are also peeling slightly on the left side. The lcd screen wood trim has like black strings or threads sticking out of the wood around the edges of the screen, i can probably razor blade them off and clean it up a bit. As an operator, the coin box seems slightly annoying to get out, especially if it has a lot of quarters, as the playfield under handle thing is directly above the coin box. Those are the only negative things I've found so far physically. No dimpling or clear coat pooling as of yet but only got maybe 15 or 20 games in (couldnt say the same about my Jurassic park unfortunately) . Really loving it so far and happy with my purchase. It feels good as all spooky machines do. I really enjoy the different feel of different manufacturers machines.
I had a few questions for spooky since they regularly post here.
What balls do you ship with your game? Size/material/vendor? They feel heavier than other balls ive used from marco or pinball life. Just thinking what to replace them with in the future.
What type/brand of rubbers are installed?
Were you all carving pumpkins in the shop or something last week? I swear the plastic wrap smelled like pumpkins while i was unboxing it xD. Seemed fitting for it to smell that way coming from your spooky boutique company!
Is there a manual somewhere for this game? The settings/adjustments menu is pretty daunting so a table of contents would make things easier.
Still learning the rules and such, but the magnet save throws my ball down the drain every time, except that one time it threw it up back into play and it was awesome. Is it supposed to go in drain or back into play or is it rule dependant?
While inspecting all plugs before powering up i noticed what looks like hot glue on the majority of plugs under the playfield sealing them into place. What's up with that? What if something needs to be replaced?
And lastly, awesome job with this game. It seems really fun, simple, and challenging at the same time. The sound and graphics are great. I haven't played all The monsters yet, but they all seem unique and fun so far, not your usual light chaser. The machine feels built really well and made with good parts, especially compared to my new sterns(Jurassic and deadpool). Im glad there is a metal ball trough cover to lift up the playfield, instead of the plastic ones stern switched to(i swear they feel like they will break off someday). The art pieces and sculptures in the game look and feel like a nice quality product, not cheaply made plastic.
Congratulations on your newest game Spooky! Your passion for pinball shows through your builds. Looking forward to many more titles from you all! Thank you for the breath of fresh air and for carving your own niche into the realm of pinball manufacturers.
(Btw i love both Jurassic park and deadpool also, but spooky has done a lot of things right with their build that i wish stern would do. And i don't think its just because i have pros.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First and foremost i do not believe you will see any pooling as we have had 0 reports of pooling on ACNC. We really do believe we have nailed down the root of most of the playfield issues seen in recent years and are making the best playfield we have ever made. Secondly i apologize for the dusty coin door it must have been the bottom of the pallet and the guys don't normally have to clean that part so they probably didn't notice! Shoot me an email and ill send new interior graphics your way! PinballLife supplies our pinballs and perfect play rubbers. Our service guy is working on an online manual however in the meantime our shop number is 815-541-0051 we are available 5 days a week to help and also you can email me at [email protected] most of the time i will get you a timely answer 7 days a week. I test all the magnets here personally to be sure they work. You will occasionally see a fail but it should work out of the box. If it doesnt it is almost always due to it being set to a different pitch than at the factory. We play them at close to 7 here. There are 4 settings in the menu under game features that adjust the pulse delay time also. The hot glue just keeps plugs secure in shipping and gameplay. Shakers and vibration are pretty violent! It is super easy to peel off if something does need to be replaced.

Overall glad you love your game and i think you will continue to enjoy it when you see how deep the code is! With MORE STILL COMING!

#1946 4 years ago

Just wondering to those that already have received there game, does it come with any cool stickers, keychain, etc.....?

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from aslong132:

Just wondering to those that already have received there game, does it come with any cool stickers, keychain, etc.....?

You get a few keychains on your coin door key.

#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Which LED flipper button kits are you guys installing? I’m trying to decide on a color and leaning toward the factory yellow BriteButtons. Looking for recommendations

I'm planning on installing my Pinball Life accessory power board (https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-spooky-pinball-p-roc-system-machines.html) so I can add lighted flipper buttons and undercabinet lighting but I would also welcome recommendations for color. I was considering green most likely but yellow also does sound reasonable.

#1949 4 years ago

I too want to install under cab lighting. Which color would go better? Purple or green? Meh, I'll know when I get the machine!

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm planning on installing my Pinball Life accessory power board (https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-spooky-pinball-p-roc-system-machines.html) so I can add lighted flipper buttons and undercabinet lighting but I would also welcome recommendations for color. I was considering green most likely but yellow also does sound reasonable.

I'd go with yellow lighted flipper buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/39?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.