(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 161.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've definitely started modes in crypt before. Maybe not Ethyl though, not sure how that one works

I know I've started Ethyl with a ball locked in crypt...which makes it easier. Maybe I did have Ethyl cued up during crypt and that's why it didn't start. I may pull the glass off and test that tonight.

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Les mises à jour sont super faciles, il suffit de mettre la mise à jour sur une clé USB. Placez la clé USB dans l’un des ports USB ouverts de l’ordinateur dans la boîte arrière et mettez la partie en marche. L’écran vous dira que le jeu est en cours de mise à jour, et à un moment donné, il vous dira qu’il est terminé et qu’il faudra retirer le lecteur USB et le cycle de mise en marche de votre jeu. C'est ça . Processus différent (plus facile) que Rob Zombie.

Hello and thanks you for your help.
Ok the usb key you must connect it to one of the port of the picture ? Any of the 4 ports?
Thanks

20191007_191716 (resized).jpg20191007_191716 (resized).jpg
#1853 4 years ago

Yes I believe any of them. I haven't thought about it and just plugged it in.

#1854 4 years ago

Does anyone know much different does ACNC play with the Titan Rubber glow set ? If they are bouncier , safe to assume that the difficulty would spike ?

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Does anyone know much different does ACNC play with the Titan Rubber glow set ? If they are bouncier , safe to assume that the difficulty would spike ?

I put them on mine and feel like they make the ball easier to control (less bouncy) and look great.

20190920_225220 (resized).jpg20190920_225220 (resized).jpg
#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

I agree with @GuitarMan.

I would also say that for the post rubbers get both the 'Stern slim' (and a few extras) as well as a few 'standard' size so that you can experiment. I know that the shots can be 'tight', but I've actually put a couple of 'standard' in.

In my opinion, the original slims seems stronger than the Titan GITD that I bought. I had to replace the left side of the right ramp in short order as the rubber split. Maybe it was a one of?

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Just put some thin gitd titans on my flippers. Seemed pretty similar, maybe a bit easier to catch the ball? Threw all my shots off for a few balls though.

#1858 4 years ago

Has anyone verified that this kit is correct?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1039

#1859 4 years ago

I grabbed that kit and have put on everything on the upper playfield and some of the lower. it appears pretty correct. Changing a lot of the rubbers on this game seems like a daunting task. Especially anything under the upper play field.

On a side note, what are you guys doing to clean/wax those hard to reach playfield areas under/behind the upper playfield?

#1860 4 years ago

Can someone explain the "They call him Romero" callout?

#1861 4 years ago

Just FYI - payment requested for #392. (No butter.)

#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can someone explain the "They call him Romero" callout?

I believe it's because it's the Zombie mode and George Romero is the Godfather of zombie movies.

#1863 4 years ago

Found out today that my game is DONE and shipment is being arranged. Wow. Great feeling after the long wait. Shoot. Now I gotta learn the rules!!!! LOL.

#1864 4 years ago

Posting for sale in market #99 preorder. Ready to be built. You can customize. Asking $1000.

Per Spooky pin can be done in next batch and shipped in about 6 weeks.

#1865 4 years ago

SpookyLuke sent me this PM today!

"We got your game back today and as you suspected the game is a total loss. We are going to send you a new one off the floor here and part the other one out later. Should be able to get the new one tested and boxed up to ship sometime next week!"

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Found out today that my game is DONE and shipment is being arranged. Wow. Great feeling after the long wait. Shoot. Now I gotta learn the rules!!!! LOL.

What number?

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

What number?

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

SpookyLuke sent me this PM today!
"We got your game back today and as you suspected the game is a total loss. We are going to send you a new one off the floor here and part the other one out later. Should be able to get the new one tested and boxed up to ship sometime next week!"

SpookyLuke is a fantastic guy and one of the big reasons why Spooky Pinball is where they are today! He's been there since damn near day one.

If you really want to thank him, send him a big tub of cheese balls. That's right....A BIG F'ING TUB OF CHEESE BALLS!

In fact, everyone who loves this game should do the same. You will make his day!

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you really want to thank him, send him a big tub of cheese balls. That's right....A BIG F'ING TUB OF CHEESE BALLS!

Like these?

51tuQlWuQCL (resized).jpg51tuQlWuQCL (resized).jpg
#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Like these?[quoted image]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1872 4 years ago

Paid balance on #364 a week ago. I keep checking my mail hoping to see it shipped. Lol

#1873 4 years ago

THOSE ARE THE EXACT ONES HE'S ADDICTED TO!!!

Bryan leaves a tub every time he comes here... they last about 2 days.

Anyone wishing to help the floor Minion Manager (cue sappy ASPCA sad dog music)
please address to...

SPOOKY LUKE IS A CHEESEBALL
C/O Spooky Pinball LLC
184 Ridge AVe.
Benton, WI 53803

#1874 4 years ago

Very very close! Just Final inspection today then to be cleaned and boxed!

20191009_104837 (resized).jpg20191009_104837 (resized).jpg20191009_105538 (resized).jpg20191009_105538 (resized).jpg
#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I agree with @GuitarMan.
I would also say that for the post rubbers get both the 'Stern slim' (and a few extras) as well as a few 'standard' size so that you can experiment. I know that the shots can be 'tight', but I've actually put a couple of 'standard' in.
In my opinion, the original slims seems stronger than the Titan GITD that I bought. I had to replace the left side of the right ramp in short order as the rubber split. Maybe it was a one of?

I also found that the Titan Glow in the Dark post rubbers split easier than the ones supplied with the game.

#1876 4 years ago

My sure you get my add-ons correct.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Very very close! Just Final inspection today then to be cleaned and boxed![quoted image][quoted image]

Added over 5 years ago:

I mean make sure

#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I put them on mine and feel like they make the ball easier to control (less bouncy) and look great.[quoted image]

I had my ACNC delivered with the glow titans and played it this way right out of the box. I actually found the flippers too bouncy and hard to control. Last night I swapped out to these blue flipper runners and this made a huge difference on how my machine plays. The ball is way less unpredictable, bouncy etc. Much easier to catch , control etc. I found my shot accuracy improve as well. I also kinda like how they look too !

5FCD38AD-C2AD-4087-8150-24EFF01784EE (resized).jpeg5FCD38AD-C2AD-4087-8150-24EFF01784EE (resized).jpeg
#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My sure you get my add-ons correct.

Had that thought as well lol!

#1879 4 years ago

368 is fully loaded !

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

368 is fully loaded !

Did you get the notice for payment? Butter cab? I’m not-so patiently waiting for the next butter run and #413... . Never mind...I looked back and found my answer. Enjoy the game!

#1881 4 years ago

For those who have the speaker lights do they create much glare on the pf glass?

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

For those who have the speaker lights do they create much glare on the pf glass?

I haven't noticed it at all.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hasn’t been an issue for me .

#1884 4 years ago

Just dropped final payment for # 390, (no butter) can’t wait!

#1885 4 years ago

Made the road trip to Benton yesterday to pick up number 346. Thanks to KT & Charlie for the VIP factory tour! Machine plays great and the blue powder coating is so awesome! I got to some modes I haven't seen before & it shoots really smooth. I think I need to figure out how to tune the ball save in the middle (right now it grabs the ball but then drops it SDTM, I thought maybe it's supposed to fling it back in play?)

I did notice one major QC lapse... there was a tiny piece of tape stuck to my coin door latch. I wish manufacturers would learn their lesson about the importance of a perfect, minty coin latch. How am I supposed to show off the inside of my machine when there's a piece of tape in the one place everyone checks? There has to be a cabinet replacement program for these kinds of issues, right?

acnc_coindoor (resized).jpgacnc_coindoor (resized).jpg
#1886 4 years ago

boustrophedonic ... you should have just told them to keep their game if they were going to try to push off such a shoddy product!

Congratulations on the awesome pickup!

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I believe it's because it's the Zombie mode and George Romero is the Godfather of zombie movies.

Heard this call out for the first time last night and had a laugh.

Funny play on Romero's name. The zombie is represented as Roaming Arrow on the playfield.

#1888 4 years ago

@Freedom, your center drain magnet seems like it could be high (there is a shadow on the PF in the pic). Might just be the pic though.

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Made the road trip to Benton yesterday to pick up number 346. Thanks to KT & Charlie for the VIP factory tour! Machine plays great and the blue powder coating is so awesome! I got to some modes I haven't seen before & it shoots really smooth. I think I need to figure out how to tune the ball save in the middle (right now it grabs the ball but then drops it SDTM, I thought maybe it's supposed to fling it back in play?)
I did notice one major QC lapse... there was a tiny piece of tape stuck to my coin door latch. I wish manufacturers would learn their lesson about the importance of a perfect, minty coin latch. How am I supposed to show off the inside of my machine when there's a piece of tape in the one place everyone checks? There has to be a cabinet replacement program for these kinds of issues, right? [quoted image]

the magnet save should throw the ball upwards. There are multiple settings in the game feature menu that adjust the timing to make it work correctly. However be sure the game is at about 7 degrees we test them here at 7 and dont let them go unless they work.

#1890 4 years ago

My center magnet caught the ball this morning and made it's own full orbit shot.

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

the magnet save should throw the ball upwards. There are multiple settings in the game feature menu that adjust the timing to make it work correctly. However be sure the game is at about 7 degrees we test them here at 7 and dont let them go unless they work.

Wait, is the game supposed to be played at 7 degrees? I've been playing mine at the standard 6.5 degrees.

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Wait, is the game supposed to be played at 7 degrees? I've been playing mine at the standard 6.5 degrees.

open to interpretation in a way. plays easier at 6.5 and smooth. 7 it physically functions better as far as frank and magnet and ball traps.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

open to interpretation in a way. plays easier at 6.5 and smooth. 7 it physically functions better as far as frank and magnet and ball traps.

How the heck do you guys know if you are at 6.5 or 7? I just used a bar level for left to right leveling and eyeballed the leg levelers for pitch. I must have got lucky cause it plays great!

#1894 4 years ago

They also make digital versions.

M5C-1-Pendulum-Style-Inclinometer (resized).jpgM5C-1-Pendulum-Style-Inclinometer (resized).jpg
#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Explains why my magnet save is only about 80% then.

#1896 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Explains why my magnet save is only about 80% then.

Go into the menus ...

There is an adjustment called “magnet patterns” or similar.

There are 3-4 different patterns, give each of them a go. Pattern 2 works best on my machine.

Level .. mine is set up a little over 7 (around 7.5) and it’s great. Fast and everything works fine.

rd

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Go into the menus ...
There is an adjustment called “magnet patterns” or similar.
There are 3-4 different patterns, give each of them a go. Pattern 2 works best on my machine.
Level .. mine is set up a little over 7 (around 7.5) and it’s great. Fast and everything works fine.
rd

Yeah, 80% on my best pattern.

Everything else works well at this level, so I'll just keep it.

#1898 4 years ago

My final payment has been submitted as my machine is being built! Not sure what # I'm getting. Super excited for this one as I love the feel of EVERY spooky pinball machine I've played. The shots just feel good on them. Does anyone know if Spooky has plans for a headphone jack option? This machine will be going on location, and our volume level needs to be low. I'll be installing the Stern headphone jack on Deadpool Pro as it has a great soundtrack/callouts that need to be appreciated. And figure I'll put one on Jurassic Park Pro also since it's readily available. My customer base is full of enthusiasts who would appreciate being able to hear the games. So if Spooky or even a 3rd party has an option that works with ACNC I would love to hear about it!

#1899 4 years ago

I would love some help with properly adjusting the ball-lock switches in Frank. The switches will consistently stop working, so I will take off the glass and adjust the switches with my finger (I have a tool but have a tough time reaching these switches with the tool). Then the switches will work properly for a game or two. Then after a few games, the switches stop registering again. And as others have mentioned, the ball search does not lift Frank high enough to release the balls, so the only recourse is to stop the game and remove the glass and manually remove the balls. It's been extremely frustrating.

Is there some specific way I should bend these switches to make them more responsive? Other than this issue, wow, I love this game!.

#1900 4 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/38?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.