(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,997 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230920_094337_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 160.
#1801 4 years ago

Delivery Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time with NIB. How long does that truck driver wait? Unboxing and inspection isn't going to be fast I would think?

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

First time with NIB. How long does that truck driver wait? Unboxing and inspection isn't going to be fast I would think?

Congratulations!

I'd say, look for obvious box damage and then take the box off and look for cab damage. I don't think that you need to open the game up etc... if you have damage inside the game, you would have to notify Spooky.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It was LOL yesterday. Well, for me anyway.
The day before, Danni absolutely wasted me in a game, she got 420m to my “hardly got a flip” score.
So yesterday, I cranked a game and beat her score first up. And texted her the photo.
I could see the steam coming out of her ears from 3 blocks away.
(ps I think I have scored more than this, but this was on a fresh code install ...)
rd
[quoted image]

Holly crap.
I would have been dancing in the streets if I got that score.
Well done indeed.

#1804 4 years ago

Anyone have a good tournament strategy on this yet? I usually play for progress, not points, but always interesting to see what people come up with.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That is a GREAT question!!!! I will address this here actually as i probably should have already by now!
Step 1 DO NOT let the driver leave or sign ANYTHING until the following steps are COMPLETE.
Step 2 Check the outside cardboard carton for any tears or signs of a forklift collision.
Step 3 Cut the straps on outside and remove carton. (It has internal straps also. Leave those intact)
Step 4 Check around where the hinge is bolted to the cabinet head and check for large cracks in the wood. If a game has been dropped hard by a forklift driver this is where the damage will most likely be.
Step 5 An overall final look for anything out of place.

IF ANY damage is on the game call us immediately and refuse to accept shipment from the shipping company!

Past this, hopefully anything internally broken we can get you replacement parts for or work with you to repair it!

#1806 4 years ago

Awesome! I will do so.
Thanks again SpookyLuke!!

#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Step 3 Cut the straps on outside and remove carton. (It has internal straps also. Leave those intact)

To add to that, after cutting the straps, the top comes off, and then you can lift the sides of the box off over the top in one piece for easy examination. Afterwards I slipped the sides back down, restrapped it, and carted it in

#1808 4 years ago

Has anyone adjusted the mystery scoop to kick farther to the right? Even at max strength mine sometimes goes down the middle. Doesn't seem to be much wiggle room for just turning the mech, thinking of bending the top bend of the scoop a bit; assume it won't crack or anything but not sure.

#1809 4 years ago

thinking of bending the top bend of the scoop a bit; assume it won't crack or anything but not sure.

You have the right idea.

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

thinking of bending the top bend of the scoop a bit; assume it won't crack or anything but not sure.
You have the right idea.

You mean, bent it upwards (vertically)? I was thinking of twisting it a bit counter clockwise

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You mean, bent it upwards (vertically)? I was thinking of twisting it a bit counter clockwise

twist very slightly

#1812 4 years ago

Well, my machine #330 arrived today from FedEx freight. When he opened the truck door, there was my machine lying on the floor, no box, no legs either. It wasn't even strapped to the pallet and had fallen over during transit. It was wrapped in plastic only and I refused it on the spot. Now this machine is on it's way back to Spooky. Nice! Joe from Pinball Star is going to take care of things, but what a kick in the nuts! I contacted SpookyLuke and here is his response. This is how great Spooky is! … "Do not worry about this man! We are going to build you an entire new machine this week. We wouldn't send something this bad back to you. We will claim total loss to the shipping company. I am sorry this happened to you man i am going to personally get it straight i know how excited you were."

#1813 4 years ago

Spooky Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

That's how it's done Stern! .

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've updated the rulesheet on tiltforums: http://tiltforums.com/t/alice-cooper-nightmare-castle-rulesheet/3950
If anyone has more details about the later parts of the modes (Ethyl, Vampire, Zombie, Igor especially), please add them or let me know. Not sure I've ever beaten some of them

Fantastic update with the rule set! I had started updating them based on vidoes yesterday and was going to take the glass off to formalize them. I've attached a grid of the rooms as far as I could tell so far without pulling off the glass. If anyone has changes please let me know. Also, if anyone knows if there is anything that changes because you have gone through a room already such as bonuses/weapons against monsters/etc. please let me know.

rooms (resized).JPGrooms (resized).JPG
#1815 4 years ago

Can anyone add to the song list for each Monster mode?
FRANK ???
ETHYL (“Cold Ethyl”)
IGOR (“Lost In America”)
VAMPIRE (“Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever”)
ALICE COOPER ???
WOLF (“No More Mr. Nice Guy”)
ZOMBIE (“Brutal Planet”)
INSECTS (“It’s The Little Things”)
PIT CREATURE (“Go To Hell”)
***BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (“Billion Dollar Babies”)

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

"Do not worry about this man! We are going to build you an entire new machine this week. We wouldn't send something this bad back to you. We will claim total loss to the shipping company. I am sorry this happened to you man i am going to personally get it straight i know how excited you were."

Pretty stand up response.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

FRANK ???
ETHYL (“Cold Ethyl”)
IGOR (“Lost In America”)
ALICE COOPER ???
ZOMBIE (“Brutal Planet”)

Frank is 'Feed My Frankenstein'

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

FRANK ("Feed My Frankenstein")
ETHYL (“Cold Ethyl”)
IGOR (“Lost In America”)
ALICE COOPER ("I Love The Dead")
ZOMBIE (“Brutal Planet”)

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

This is how great Spooky is! … "Do not worry about this man! We are going to build you an entire new machine this week. We wouldn't send something this bad back to you. We will claim total loss to the shipping company. I am sorry this happened to you man i am going to personally get it straight i know how excited you were."

omg I love this company. I've got to get into this family and soon!

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, my machine #330 arrived today from FedEx freight. When he opened the truck door, there was my machine lying on the floor, no box, no legs either. It wasn't even strapped to the pallet and had fallen over during transit. It was wrapped in plastic only and I refused it on the spot. Now this machine is on it's way back to Spooky. Nice! Joe from Pinball Star is going to take care of things, but what a kick in the nuts! I contacted SpookyLuke and here is his response. This is how great Spooky is! … "Do not worry about this man! We are going to build you an entire new machine this week. We wouldn't send something this bad back to you. We will claim total loss to the shipping company. I am sorry this happened to you man i am going to personally get it straight i know how excited you were."

Holy shit. I can't imagine that happening! A new pin day gone horribly wrong, but at least Spooky will take care of it! More proof of how awesome their company is.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

twist very slightly

Gave it at slight push with some vice grips and now it's great!

Also replaced the star posts above the outlane with mini-posts since there's no adjustments, makes the game play slightly meaner

#1822 4 years ago

Proud to report #327 arrived home safely today. Sorry to those who haven't been as lucky with Fedex Frieght. I wasn't even sure what to expect with the recent reports of shipping damage, but so far so good.

Really looking forward to exploring Alice's Nightmare Castle in depth over the weekend.

Thanks Spooky!

20191004_154419 (resized).jpg20191004_154419 (resized).jpg
#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Proud to report #327 arrived home safely today. Sorry to those who haven't been as lucky with Fedex Frieght. I wasn't even sure what to expect with the recent reports of shipping damage, but so far so good.
Really looking forward to exploring Alice's Nightmare Castle in depth over the
Thanks Spooky![quoted image]

C'mon in. The blood is warm.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I can’t believe FedEx actually thought you would accept delivery. That was very amateurish of them.

#1825 4 years ago

Hello.
When unboxing the pin, I was very surprised not to find manual , with info on connections, settings, parts ... It's really a lack. Is there a version to download?

Also after about thirty plays the ball has jammed twice in the hallway "secret passage when pulsing". Except that this corridor is inaccessible and the automatic search of ball activates only the 2 coils of slingshots. So I had to remove the glass and recover the ball with a large magnetic rod. Do you have this problem too?

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

When unboxing the pin, I was very surprised not to find manual , with info on connections, settings, parts ... It's really a lack. Is there a version to download?

As mentioned previously in this thread, it's still being worked on. It'll be posted and available ... when it's ready.

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As mentioned previously in this thread, it's still being worked on. It'll be posted and available ... when it's ready.

OK, thanks . Sorry I am the post but I had zapped this info.
And for the ball that block in secret passage it happens only to me?
Other defaults found. When you're tall like me and some of my friends, you do not see the scores on the top of the screen and have to stoop to see those scores. Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

Please make this an option if possible (standard position and a lower position). I see it the same way but I like seeing the art more.

#1829 4 years ago

Def would like to see activated multi-balls not kill your monster modes...

Also maybe a bonus for navigating the castle instead of one orbit shot and then center targets

Maybe extra ball for doing some other things...

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, my machine #330 arrived today from FedEx freight. When he opened the truck door, there was my machine lying on the floor, no box, no legs either. It wasn't even strapped to the pallet and had fallen over during transit.

Dude, that sucks! Did they have any kind of explanation as to what happened? I wonder why the game was initially removed from the box?

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

OK, thanks . Sorry I am the post but I had zapped this info.
And for the ball that block in secret passage it happens only to me?
Other defaults found. When you're tall like me and some of my friends, you do not see the scores on the top of the screen and have to stoop to see those scores. Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

No worries!

Quoted from pinker:

When you're tall like me and some of my friends, you do not see the scores on the top of the screen and have to stoop to see those scores. Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

I've noticed this too.. I would actually like to see the screen's level lowered some. When I get my game, I'm going to see if I can very slightly adjust it downwards.

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Def would like to see activated multi-balls not kill your monster modes...

What do you mean? Crypt is stackable with a monster mode and frank is a monster mode?

Quoted from tbutler6:

Also maybe a bonus for navigating the castle instead of one orbit shot and then center targets

Hopefully the items will take care of this once fully added...

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What do you mean? Crypt is stackable with a monster mode and frank is a monster mode?

I think he means if you start a MB it kills the ability to start a monster until after the MB. I could be wrong, but I've been frustrated by that a little. I started crypt with 1 orbit left to start a mode, hit the orbit, but no mode. Kind of sucks.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I think he means if you start a MB it kills the ability to start a monster until after the MB. I could be wrong, but I've been frustrated by that a little. I started crypt with 1 orbit left to start a mode, hit the orbit, but no mode. Kind of sucks.

It doesn't though. You can start modes while in crypt, it's one of my main strategies.

#1835 4 years ago

also another question? I know I'm boring I just realized that I did not have the latest update on my game. How does one update it on an alice? I see a video youtube or bug explains how to update on a rob zombie. But on alice the cards are different and not seen card sd. Thank you for your answers

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So, Unless i missed a code update ...if Cold Ethyl is running and you activate crypt multiball when you lose one ball, mode over...

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Dude, that sucks! Did they have any kind of explanation as to what happened? I wonder why the game was initially removed from the box?

None. The driver said they received it that way - i.e. no box and not strapped to the pallet. Some incompetent douche at some point in the shipping process must have trashed the box and just tossed it. But the fact that they just stood it upright on the pallet without even strapping it back down is what pisses me off! It literally fell over in transit ..crash, bang! WTF? $7,000 work of art. Makes me sick!!!!!!!!

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

So, Unless i missed a code update ...if Cold Ethyl is running and you activate crypt multiball when you lose one ball, mode over...

Cold Ethel requires you to lock a ball via the top PF (below the flipper) .. lock the ball .. then “release me!”

Score Ethel jackpots by shooting the Danesi lock, after 3 (from memory) you get the Super and the mode is complete.

If you drain first, and don’t do that ... mode is over.

rd

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cold Ethel requires you to lock a ball via the top PF (below the flipper) .. lock the ball .. then “release me!”
Score Ethel jackpots by shooting the Danesi lock, after 3 (from memory) you get the Super and the mode is complete.
If you drain first, and don’t do that ... mode is over.
rd

Right, but if you have a ball locked and activate crypt mb. Mode over when either ball drains...

#1840 4 years ago

rotordave gets an ACNC shipped to NZ 8,000 miles away on the other side of the F'ing planet with no problems and I live one state away from Spooky and get this disaster!

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

rotordave gets an ACNC shipped to NZ 8,000 miles away on the other side of the F'ing planet with no problems and I live one state away from Spooky and get this disaster!

lol!

I actually have had 12 Spookys shipped here with no disasters. Touch wood.

rd

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Right, but if you have a ball locked and activate crypt mb. Mode over when either ball drains...

Yep!

Moral ... Don’t drain.

rd

#1843 4 years ago

I have completely forgotten i have other pins. ACNC gets all the attention even though it kicks my ass most of the time. Can’t wait for the next “only have room for one pin - which one?” thread....

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I have completely forgotten i have other pins. ACNC gets all the attention even though it kicks my ass most of the time. Can’t wait for the next “only have room for one pin - which one?” thread....

You have such an awesome collection now, I wouldn't even know what to recommend!

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey ladies and gentleman, i am looking over my build calendar here. I't looks like every Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle machine currently on order will be built, buffed, and boxed by December 2nd! If you are looking for a very short wait time on a limited game that is very nearly sold out now is your chance. Email [email protected] with the keyword "CHRISTMAS" and i will personally see to it your game is boxed and on a truck in time for the holiday. After Christmas production on ACNC will be completely halted if sold out or last few remaining games will trickle out in 2020. Thanks to everyone who has supported us and made this our 2nd best selling game ever! P.s. Don't worry Fawzma wont be letting up on this code anytime soon still tons of goodness to come![quoted image]

Deposit sent, I’m in.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

also another question? I know I'm boring I just realized that I did not have the latest update on my game. How does one update it on an alice? I see a video youtube or bug explains how to update on a rob zombie. But on alice the cards are different and not seen card sd. Thank you for your answers

Updates are super easy , just put update on usb thumb drive . Put thumb drive in either of the open USB ports on the computer in the back box and turn game on . Screen will tell you game is updating , and at some point it will tell you it’s finished and to remove the usb drive and power cycle your game . That’s it . Different (easier) process than Rob Zombie.

#1847 4 years ago

Couple questions, after playing Completist 's game last night. (Mine's still in the queue!)

- Are there only two coin inputs in the game?
- How easy is it to (later) add a shaker motor? I did NOT order mine with one, and now am thinking that I may need it. Hard to tell on his machine, since the sound is so loud (and awesome - not a complaint!) that the bass acts as its own shaker..)
- Has anyone else noticed seemingly random ball saves? Sometimes I've had the game give the ball back to me when the insert was not lit. Other times, at the end of a mode or two, the insert has been lit without a timer until the player drained, and then the game gives the ball back and then cleared the ball save.
- Sometimes I've noticed the Mystery Hole lit, and when shot does NOT award anything. Just gives the ball right back. A subsequent shot then awards the Mystery Award. Anyone else get this?
- The (not so) Secret Passage seems to, on Completist 's game, be a flow killer - any soft shot or non-square shot up there not only doesn't seem to make it around, but seems to hold the bal for a good 5, 10 or 15 seconds before rolling back out. Is this expected/normal?

Thanks guys

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It doesn't though. You can start modes while in crypt, it's one of my main strategies.

Same thing here. I try to get the crypt lock and first frank lock before doing anything else. Then start a mode. But the other day I started crypt before getting the mode going, then hit my last orbit shot that should have started the mode and nothing. Maybe it was just a hiccup in the gameplay.

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Same thing here. I try to get the crypt lock and first frank lock before doing anything else. Then start a mode. But the other day I started crypt before getting the mode going, then hit my last orbit shot that should have started the mode and nothing. Maybe it was just a hiccup in the gameplay.

I've definitely started modes in crypt before. Maybe not Ethyl though, not sure how that one works

#1850 4 years ago

I've started lots of modes with crypt running and have also started crypt mb while in a mode. That's part of the gameplay/strategy. I have noticed more bugs during Ethyl than any other mode. Most notably that ball save does not activate when you beat it. I've had both balls drain and end the turn during victory laps. I think a lot of non-registering orbits are just that and not related to mb. Every once in a while I will get an orbit that doesn't register, which is frustrating since it is a tough and very necessary shot. But I have not found a specific sequence that repeatedly causes a miss register.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 7,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/37?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.