(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 161.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So....what's shipping out after December?

TNA next/final? run of 50-200 more games (based on demand) is my best guess?

#1702 4 years ago

I had previously purchased Accessory Power Supply For Spooky Pinball P-ROC Systems (from Pinball Life) before my machine arrived.. however, I'm not sure that I even need this board anymore based on no more add-ons other than the volcano, crypt.... Anyone else using a board for any reason? Can leg lights or undercabinet lights be tied in using this without overtaxing the power supply? or will that void the warranty?

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I had previously purchased Accessory Power Supply For Spooky Pinball P-ROC Systems (from Pinball Life) before my machine arrived.. however, I'm not sure that I even need this board anymore based on no more add-ons other than the volcano, crypt.... Anyone else using a board for any reason? Can leg lights or undercabinet lights be tied in using this without overtaxing the power supply? or will that void the warranty?

The product page specificially says "strong and safe enough to support under-cabinet lighting alongside other mods" so that's a yes. Total of 3 amps on the 12v side and 500 milliamps on the 5v side.

#1704 4 years ago

I just paid the invoice for ACNC #321, Happy Halloween!

#1705 4 years ago

264 is here!

...but it's too heavy to get over my landing
Help is en route

received_523734438389753 (resized).jpegreceived_523734438389753 (resized).jpeg
#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

264 is here!
...but it's too heavy to get over my landing
Help is en route[quoted image]

Channel the power of darkness! Can't wait to see a pic of that coin door lock

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Channel the power of darkness! Can't wait to see a pic of that coin door lock

Can't wait to take it!

#1708 4 years ago

Lock screw is tight, but I did find this rattling around

15688467117515891539515607210464 (resized).jpg15688467117515891539515607210464 (resized).jpgIMG_20190918_183311 (resized).jpgIMG_20190918_183311 (resized).jpg
#1709 4 years ago

Holy heck, that reminded me!

I forgot to mention!

I am prepared, just in case! I even have a few options in case!
BlM1s8w (resized).jpgBlM1s8w (resized).jpg

#1710 4 years ago

Unofficially joined tonight ... pick it up this weekend. Been on and off the fence so many times with this title, but in a house of rock’n roll, it’s time to make this happen! Pics when it arrives!

#1711 4 years ago

ACNC #279 has arrived!!

20190920_164735 (resized).jpg20190920_164735 (resized).jpg
#1712 4 years ago

9 away from my new favorite #....

#1713 4 years ago

Curious if ACNC comes with leg protectors or, if not, anyone adding those and if so what kinds?

#1714 4 years ago
Quoted from TakingupSpace:

Curious if ACNC comes with leg protectors or, if not, anyone adding those and if so what kinds?

They come already installed.

#1715 4 years ago

What is wrong with the Alice for sale for $6k with invisiglass? Seems like all the love for ACNC would have made that game sold a while ago.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

What is wrong with the Alice for sale for $6k with invisiglass? Seems like all the love for ACNC would have made that game sold a while ago.

Yeah, I'm surprised that one hasn't sold as well. That's a great deal with the invisiglass and all the upgrades. I guess it all has to do with location. If that game was listed in Chicago, it would have sold very quickly.

Edit: Looks like it just sold.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:Edit: Looks like it just sold.

It’s been pending for a while

#1718 4 years ago

I had PM him a little bit ago and told me he had just sold it.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

It’s been pending for a while

Are we talking about the one in Kentucky? My biggest gripe about Pinside is that people hardly ever respond to their "For Sale" ads.
The one in Kentucky is still listed for sale with OBO. I wrote the owner a week ago. At least have the courtesy to respond to folks saying "Sale Pending".
I'd say about 1/2 of my inquiries never get responded to. Okay... thanks for letting me vent. Sorry about that.

#1720 4 years ago

Anyone else come across an intermittent issue where chop shots keep registering when the ball is nowhere near that area?

#1721 4 years ago

342, just got my invoice this week for final payment. Can't wait, hopefully the coin door is good

#1722 4 years ago

It’s here ...amazing machine!!

B797410A-76A9-4816-AEFB-AA42770F1A05 (resized).jpegB797410A-76A9-4816-AEFB-AA42770F1A05 (resized).jpeg
#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone else come across an intermittent issue where chop shots keep registering when the ball is nowhere near that area?

Happening more and more now but not all the time. Seems to be right/upper flip which triggers it but guillotine optos look ok. Sure I’ll get to bottom of it but a tad puzzled!

#1724 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie is it true that you’re working on a topper for ACNC? I have some birthday/Christmas money that needs a present. Finally got to play it...what a blast! Can’t wait for 413...butter and all.

#1725 4 years ago

After playing it all weekend, I've got some questions and suggestions...

Questions:
1. is there a place to report bugs?
2. is there any manual at all?
3. any way to adjust the left ramp so shooting it from the upper playfield doesn't go straight down the middle?
4. what does the 'tilt sensitivity (ms)' setting do?

Was sad to see so few settings in the menus. Would love some more, and adjusments to some existing ones:
- make music volume adjustment larger. I have it maxed out at 0.4 and the music is still notably quieter than the sounds. I want to really blast the music but if I turn it up to where the music is where I want the sound effects are deafening
- option to change outlane saver time, even down to 0 seconds (you have to complete the lanes on the outlane to get the save). It stays on way too long right now and makes outlane saves too easy.
- option to enable the scoop ballsave during multiball. My kickout drains 100% if the right flipper is up, which it tends to be if you're playing with another ball. I'd bet 80% of my multiball drains are from the scoop.
- outlane ball saver shouldn't activate while ball save is lit
- multiball ball save time adjustments
- option to make the eject wait time faster. even on fastest setting it's still way slower than TNA, and it's annoying just sitting there waiting for it to come out considering how often it goes in there
- option to lower tilt debounce below 1000ms
- option to adjust number of chops for EB
- option to end modes if the song ends.
- option to make orbits navigate two rooms at a time for easier mode starts. I'm basically starting all my modes via the secret passage because it's just so much easier to hit than the orbits. I can make the secret passage harder, but that just makes the game more of a grind. Most of the other people who play the game are lucky to ever start a mode.
- often for ball save if a ball comes down either habitrail and goes straight to the outhole or outlane without hitting the inlane switch. I've had balls rocket down both habitrails at such speed that they skip right out of the drop points at the ends and over the flipper guides
- descriptive text on the settings. I still have no idea what half of these do, especially the ones that have different word choices and not just numbers.

Otherwise, some things could use improving:
- more balance on the modes. zombie and werewolf in particular seem almost worthless compared to things like pit creature and insects where I can have mode scores of 50+ million
- in werewolf, the shot you just shot will give you the negative award even while the three bank is lit and the shot is turned off (not red). Either leave it red or don't make it register when not lit.
- flipper staging. I don't understand how a game was released in 2018 where you can't stage the upper flipper. Happy to install the switch myself as an add-on if a switch input is added for it.
- some light on the lower lock to indicate it's ready for locking.
- speed up roaming zombie shot if there's no ball activity. it's fine if it counts down faster too. Often I'll have the ball trapped on the same side, and since there's no easy way to transfer the ball, I end up just holding the ball and waiting until the light moves back to where I can hit it.
- seems weird that the mode continues to run while the hurry-up is going at the end?
- make the lightshow for hitting the 3 bank shorter so I can see where the ball is going

This probably sounds more negative than it should.... loving the game! Hopefully I can break 100m soon

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

spookycharlie is it true that you’re working on a topper for ACNC? I have some birthday/Christmas money that needs a present. Finally got to play it...what a blast! Can’t wait for 413...butter and all.

Yes , need topper !!!!

#1727 4 years ago

I'd like to see an improved ball search. Sometimes it takes a very long time.
I was playing Cold Ethyl this morning. I dropped one ball into the lock from the upper playfield. Another ball then dropped into the same lock and both balls were stuck there for a while before ball search dropped the target.
It go a little weird after that. Both balls drained and I think the game thought a ball was still in play. I had to power off and reset.

#1728 4 years ago

I'm looking to get an ACNC and I was wondering about what extra stuff would be a good idea to get and to install when it arrives? Anything from protectors to mods. What have you guys got and what do you recommend? Thanks.

#1729 4 years ago

Finally getting a few plays on ACNC... just noticed that the upper playfield rollover switch wire seem to obstruct the passage of the ball to the ramp occasionally. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what is the remedy? I don't have my tilt mechanism hooked up so 1 aggressive push on the machine usually gets the ball moving down the ramp but that's not normal either...

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Finally getting a few plays on ACNC... just noticed that the upper playfield roller wires seem to obstruct the passage of the ball occasionally.

I'm not sure what you mean by "roller wires". Are you talking about the switch actuators in the upper two lanes?

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure what you mean by "roller wires". Are you talking about the switch actuators in the upper two lanes?

Rollover wireform switch that is just before ball goes down the ramp... the wire doesn't depress always to allow the ball smooth passage down the ramps back to the flippers

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from snailskin:

looking to get an ACNC and I was wondering about what extra stuff would be a good idea to get and to install when it arrives

Is it a new one from Spooky or a fellow pinhead? I picked up one this weekend that has everything but the butter cabinet. I’m going to order the castle/secret passage Mods, outside of that, nothing is needed. It is a complete package!

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from snailskin:

I'm looking to get an ACNC and I was wondering about what extra stuff would be a good idea to get and to install when it arrives? Anything from protectors to mods. What have you guys got and what do you recommend? Thanks.

I added the Crypt mod and secret passage sign that @medisinyl makes. Both look great and the RBG lighting on the Crypt mod really lights up that lock shot. Other than that I only added mylar in the shooter lane and a small mylar where the ball drops into the Crypt. I've been considering adding the volcano mod just to light up that ramp like the Crypt mod lights up that shot.

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Rollover wireform switch that is just before ball goes down the ramp... the wire doesn't depress always to allow the ball smooth passage down the ramps back to the flippers

Yes, happened to ours as well. Just move the switch wire below (by hand), moving it more towards the right of that switch.

In my case the switch wire coming back from the switch at the front of the small metal PF attached to the upper wood PF (registers the ball going towards the crypt hole) was running across the switch slot hole (beneath of course) preventing the upper PF rollover switch from going down, hanging up the ball above.

Clear as mud, I'm sure

#1735 4 years ago

Both the Crypt and Secret Passage-sign does look great

#1736 4 years ago

Does anyone who received their Alice Cooper have an opinion on the quality of the interior cabinet decals provided by Spooky. Would you rate them as the quality of game blades that you might receive from tilt graghics/pin graphics? Apparently Spooky is out of the mirror blades and can’t add them.

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Does anyone who received their Alice Cooper have an opinion on the quality of the interior cabinet decals provided by Spooky. Would you rate them as the quality of game blades that you might receive from tilt graphics/pin graphics? Apparently Spooky is out of the mirror blades and can’t add them.

I think they look great, fit the theme, I have them on mine and would prefer them over mirror blades. I haven't seen any of the others that maybe other companies produced so don't have much to compare them to.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I think they look great, fit the theme, I have them on mine and would prefer them over mirror blades. I haven't seen any of the others that maybe other companies produced so don't have much to compare them to.

I will second that. They look great I was more impressed with them than I expected to be.

#1739 4 years ago

Got mail to select my options on #364. Hoping I'll get it before Halloween with a little luck

#1740 4 years ago

What is the best under cab lighting color for ACNC. I use the single color kits from Mezel Mods. Leaning towards green or purple. Already have blue on my ST.
https://mezelmods.com/products/under-cabinet-lighting-kit-spooky-pinball?variant=35946795336

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

What is the best under cab lighting color for ACNC. I use the single color kits from Mezel Mods. Leaning towards green or purple. Already have blue on my ST.
https://mezelmods.com/products/under-cabinet-lighting-kit-spooky-pinball?variant=35946795336

An interactive under cabinet setup would be killer! I wonder how tough it would be to put one together that can splice into the RBG speaker lights like Medisinyl 's crypt.

#1742 4 years ago

Would love to see a topper for ACNC from Spooky in the near future!

#1743 4 years ago

Had a great game on ACNC tonight with 7 monster modes lit and 209M score and the upper playfield right lock shot into the monster’s lab wasn’t detected (recurring issue) and the game sat there in ball search for a good 5 minutes before it raised Frankenstein to release the two locked balls and I could resume play.

The ball search logic definitely needs to be fixed as this has happened more than a few times. Odd thing is I’ve adjusted the right lock shot switch and it senses perfectly in switch test mode. Spooky please fix the ball search function in the next code update. A manual explaining the various game setting adjustments would also be useful.

This game is incredibly addictive and will be a masterpiece with more code polish. A bad ass topper would also set it off. Can’t wait to see what comes. It’s the only pin I play since I unboxed it.

#1744 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to achieve the 'Special'? I did it last night, but have no clue what it takes to do it.

I'd also like to see a counter on the LCD that shows how many spins you have until you get the super spinner like it does for chops. Maybe it's in the instant info, but honestly I don't think I've ever looked at the instant info.

250+ games in and still loving every second of it!

#1745 4 years ago

#330 shipping tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1746 4 years ago

My first spooky is in da house!!!
288 arrived today woohoo!!! Thanks to all at spooky pinball its absolutely beautiful.

20190925_155311 (resized).jpg20190925_155311 (resized).jpg
#1747 4 years ago

#289 arrived here today. Just in time for NEPL league night. 6 hours of non stop play and she held up like a champ right out of the box. Although the software rebooting between every game freaked some people out.

70878689_547692739321063_5954701877907030016_n (resized).jpg70878689_547692739321063_5954701877907030016_n (resized).jpg
#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Does anyone who received their Alice Cooper have an opinion on the quality of the interior cabinet decals provided by Spooky. Would you rate them as the quality of game blades that you might receive from tilt graghics/pin graphics? Apparently Spooky is out of the mirror blades and can’t add them.

They look ok. Unfortunately all the other games in my collection have mirror blades so my OCD will force me to upgrade in the future

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Got mail to select my options on #364.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

#330 shipping tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve got spot #323 and haven’t heard anything yet.

#1750 4 years ago

Back from my work trip up to Minneapolis.

On the drive back, I went a little out of my way to see Spooky's ''warehouse'' and ''factory''.

I'll admit - the bumper sticker on their front door is fuckin' hilarious. I didn't get a pic, but should be getting one with my game, and when I do, I'll grab a shot of it.

Anyways, Charlie was great host, showed me how the games were being made. (Those who has games in the line, I'm sorry - I MAY have touched it.) Was neat to see - far different atmosphere (both assembly and morale) than WMS or Stern.

Was neat to see, and once I get back from my next work assignment, I look forward to getting my game.

LcpBg1F (resized).jpgLcpBg1F (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/35?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.