(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 160.
#1601 4 years ago

Lightedpinballmods Ultimate Pinball Topper running Monster Bash video clip.

Would be great for ACNC!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJPu96OTXwHeANvxo0KOBw/videos

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Worse, he could be talking about Cold Ethel in the fridge ...
rd

There should be a craft beer called Cold Ethel.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Wait until he starts telling his friends he’s looking for a girl with a job and a car.

... or singing loudly: “I loooovvve the Deadddd...”

#1604 4 years ago

Think i’ve got a little more dialling in to do.
At the moment, a fast left to right orbit shot is, more often than not, lethal - sdtm.
Also get some pretty scary airballs when I hit the right ramp from launch or at speed.
Playfield’s dead level at 6.5.
Any tips?
Higher? Lower?

Edit: Actually, dialling down the flipper power (by 10!) was the answer for me. That. and learning to let the ball dead bounce on leaving the right orbit at speed.

All is very, very, very good now!

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Think i’ve got a little more dialling in to do.
At the moment, a fast left to right orbit shot is, more often than not, lethal - sdtm.
Also get some pretty scary airballs when I hit the right ramp from launch or at speed.
Playfield’s dead level at 6.5.
Any tips?
Higher? Lower?
Edit: Actually, dialling down the flipper power (by 10!) was the answer for me. That. and learning to let the ball dead bounce on leaving the right orbit at speed.
All is very, very, very good now!

Dead flips are definitely your friend in the Nightmare Castle...very fitting.

#1606 4 years ago

It seems ACNC is the perfect game for me to improve on two of my weak points, dead flips and nudging! My ST is perfect for practicing drop catches.

#1607 4 years ago

I finally got to play one. So stoked! The people who complain about brick shots...”play better”. . Seriously, the art package, the call outs, the graphics in the dmd, and the game play...Spooky nailed it. So happy I’m in!! Can’t wait. And the new pinhauler proved its worth.

#1608 4 years ago

6 months later. Still a happy owner here. Cat seems to like it too.

0555FBAD-B700-47F7-9521-2681407EFC6B (resized).jpeg0555FBAD-B700-47F7-9521-2681407EFC6B (resized).jpeg
#1609 4 years ago

Game is awesome! I keep pushing the start button even when I really should be doing house projects or working.

#1610 4 years ago

Someone needs to buy that guys for $6k. Crazy. Once they are gone it will be one to hold on to. Total package. Mine needs a wax job this week. Anybody put a mylar protector around the magnet or not needed?

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Anybody put a mylar protector around the magnet or not needed?

As long as it's flush with the playfield, I don't think mylar is needed. When the magnet activates, the ball is not moving very fast, since it only happens on outlane drains.

#1612 4 years ago

Just played this game for the first time and I'm already obsessed. I love everything about it really but the artwork and particularly the animations really take the cake. Other than Deadpool I'd say this is the only time I was actually happy to see an LCD on a pin. Can't wait to get back and play some more. You guys really knocked it out of the park with this one, kudos Spooky crew!

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

6 months later. Still a happy owner here. Cat seems to like it too.[quoted image]

Good looking cat. Weed to post the in the cat forum!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/41#post-5182244

#1614 4 years ago

That cat is beautiful!

#1615 4 years ago

I've given up on getting the ball to make the loop all the way around on launch. I'll just enjoy the game and let the next owner worry about it. Doesn't seem to work perfectly on most of the streams I've seen either.

Looking forward to the next code update. How far away are we? Frankenstein needs his swagger back.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I've given up on getting the ball to make the loop all the way around on launch. I'll just enjoy the game and let the next owner worry about it. Doesn't seem to work perfectly on most of the streams I've seen either.
Looking forward to the next code update. How far away are we? Frankenstein needs his swagger back.

bummer. mine gives a clean launch to the left flipper about 85% of the time. About 10 % weak launch that dribbles down to the left flipper and 5% through the inner loop/secret passage opening. I usually chalk that up to the autolaunch firing before the ball is settled.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

bummer. mine gives a clean launch to the left flipper about 85% of the time. About 10 % weak launch that dribbles down to the left flipper and 5% through the inner loop/secret passage opening. I usually chalk that up to the autolaunch firing before the ball is settled.

Similar results here. Most of my launches are right to the left flipper, for a deadflip to the right flipper or bounce to the top of the right sling back to the left flipper. I haven't done any adjustment to anything except the sling switches. Left side was overly sensitive out of the box, and the right side got too sensitive on the top switch after the first month.

#1618 4 years ago

I'd like to see in the next code update a little more use of the guillotine.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Indeed. It only works when I finish the hardest mode in the game? Most of my guests will never see it work.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I’d like to see the next update!

#1621 4 years ago

Last month I saw Alice at the Grand Ole Opry...my birthday is this Monday...ACNC #250 gets boxed tomorrow and will be arriving next week. Been a great month!!!

#1622 4 years ago

Curious to know if the pins in the streams that you have watched are earlier builds. Ours (#48 w/butter (butter affects the build order)) had the same problem and was really only resolved by opening up the tunnel of the long sculpt with a dremel and a sanding band. Easy enough to do to get that ball moving. Highly recommended as there is nothing worse than the ball rattling and getting dumped down the right orbit.

#1623 4 years ago

A work in progress but this artwork is very inspiring

IMG_20190905_0738005s.jpgIMG_20190905_0738005s.jpgIMG_20190905_0738128s.jpgIMG_20190905_0738128s.jpgIMG_20190905_0730081s.jpgIMG_20190905_0730081s.jpg
#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Curious to know if the pins in the streams that you have watched are earlier builds. Ours (#48 w/butter (butter affects the build order)) had the same problem and was really only resolved by opening up the tunnel of the long sculpt with a dremel and a sanding band. Easy enough to do to get that ball moving. Highly recommended as there is nothing worse than the ball rattling and getting dumped down the right orbit.

On my machine, the ball rattle is definitely not caused by the tunnel sculpt. It does it even with the tunnel removed.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On my machine, the ball rattle is definitely not caused by the tunnel sculpt. It does it even with the tunnel removed.

Can you take pics of the shooter coil from top and side? Let's see if it is not aligned properly. I had to adjust mine right away as there were two t-nuts that were not recessed flush, into the PF.

#1626 4 years ago

These... are impressive. I'm about to mess up my warranty on purpose!

20190905_084221 (resized).jpg20190905_084221 (resized).jpg
#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you take pics of the shooter coil from top and side? Let's see if it is not aligned properly. I had to adjust mine right away as there were two t-nuts that were not recessed flush, into the PF.

These things can sometimes have a mind of their own... we test fire the crap out of them here on the floor, but that doesn't mean it stays perfect.

Best way we've found to make the adjustment is to put the phone in slow motion and take a video. Figure out where the ball is going astray in the launch lane, and typically slowing the speed of the launch down in the menu with a slight shift of the shooter mech gets it.

Again, not an exact science... working on ways to improve the consistency on that mech for future games already.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

These things can sometimes have a mind of their own... we test fire the crap out of them here on the floor, but that doesn't mean it stays perfect.
Best way we've found to make the adjustment is to put the phone in slow motion and take a video. Figure out where the ball is going astray in the launch lane, and typically slowing the speed of the launch down in the menu with a slight shift of the shooter mech gets it.
Again, not an exact science... working on ways to improve the consistency on that mech for future games already.

My vote is regular shooter rods combined with old style auto plungers like Williams and Sega had. The auto plunge on JJ's Pirates took me months to fix, now a Spooky game, yet my 30 year old South Park works great without adjustment as do all the older games at the local arcade.

#1629 4 years ago

My vote is regular shooter rods combined with old style auto plungers like Williams and Sega had. The auto plunge on JJ's Pirates took me months to fix, now a Spooky game, yet my 30 year old South Park works great without adjustment as do all the older games at the local arcade.

The problem with ACNC is that there isn't much leeway at all. Once the ball leaves the shooter lane, it has to squeeze between the ball guides, ramp and tunnel. If the auto plunge is even slightly off, it is likely to hit something that will slow down its velocity.

#1630 4 years ago

I keep having balls getting stuck on the guillotine assembly. Anyone else run into this issue?

20190905_093301 (resized).jpg20190905_093301 (resized).jpg
#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I keep having balls getting stuck on the guillotine assembly. Anyone else run into this issue?

You need to go into the servo settings and adjust the "chop top" so it sits a tiny bit higher.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You need to go into the servo settings and adjust the "chop top" so it sits a tiny bit higher.

I tried adjusting the servo position, but the problem appears to be that the plastic piece attached to the servo doesn't move up flush to the bottom of the metal ramp, it is slightly angled down, creating a gap between the plastic and ramp where the ball gets stuck on a slow shot. I'll need to take it apart to see if I can level it out.

#1633 4 years ago

Spooky is awesome! Ready to see what’s next!

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I tried adjusting the servo position, but the problem appears to be that the plastic piece attached to the servo doesn't move up flush to the bottom of the metal ramp, it is slightly angled down, creating a gap between the plastic and ramp where the ball gets stuck on a slow shot. I'll need to take it apart to see if I can level it out.

Another tweak you can make is to slightly increase the upper flipper strength so the ball has a little more "oomph" when it goes over the guillotine.

#1635 4 years ago

Look what just arrived!

20190906_155613 (resized).jpg20190906_155613 (resized).jpg
#1636 4 years ago

This game is awesome. Music is top notch and can get super loud. I have had no game play issues or lost balls in an hour of playing.

I am so glad I took the plunge way back when...

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

This game is awesome. Music is top notch and can get super loud. I have had no game play issues or lost balls in an hour of playing.
I am so glad I took the plunge way back when...

But what about the coin door latch?

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I keep having balls getting stuck on the guillotine assembly. Anyone else run into this issue?[quoted image]

Probably what you have already tried but worth a look at this video Charlie made if you haven't already.

#1639 4 years ago

Anybody order this with the coin door that allows for a bill acceptor to be added? I'd just like to see a picture of the door with this option.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Probably what you have already tried but worth a look at this video Charlie made if you haven't already.

Yeah, I did the adjustments in the menu. When I put the top chop position to a higher number, it pushes up on the bottom of the metal ramp, but there is still a gap at the bottom of the teardrop. The plastic piece is angled down compared to the position of ramp. I'll take it apart to see how to get it to level so it is flush with the underside of the ramp.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Yeah, I did the adjustments in the menu. When I put the top chop position to a higher number, it pushes up on the bottom of the metal ramp, but there is still a gap at the bottom of the teardrop. The plastic piece is angled down compared to the position of ramp. I'll take it apart to see how to get it to level so it is flush with the underside of the ramp.

Let us know, looks like a lot of removal.
Magicchiz

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Hey Eric , there should be a softer foam rubber piece on the part of the mech that meets with the bottom metal guide part . Is your game missing this softer piece ? Press your finger into the teardrop area it should feel soft .

#1643 4 years ago

Is there a mod to add the volume control to the outside?

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

These... are impressive. I'm about to mess up my warranty on purpose! [quoted image]

I've been on the road for work for the last few days, so I'm a bit late to respond on this.
This post is awesome.

#1645 4 years ago

ACNC#250 arrived safely to its forever home.

20190909_135540 (resized).jpg20190909_135540 (resized).jpg20190910_113325 (resized).jpg20190910_113325 (resized).jpg20190910_094527 (resized).jpg20190910_094527 (resized).jpg
#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Anybody order this with the coin door that allows for a bill acceptor to be added? I'd just like to see a picture of the door with this option.

For those looking to route a machine, here's a pic of the coin door with Bill Acceptor (Thanks Kayte!)

Recommended bill acceptors, straight from Spooky are the Mars 2400 and 2600 series, although they say you can use anything you are comfortable with. You will want one with a smaller magazine so it doesn’t interfere with the playfield rails.

20190909_082403 (resized).jpg20190909_082403 (resized).jpg
#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

ACNC#250 arrived safely to its forever home.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woohoo!!!
Just got my invoice for #288. So excited!!! Please build mine with extra love...

#1648 4 years ago

210 arrived last Thursday, but didn't get to set it up until Sunday evening. Had a few friends over for the unboxing. Nay sayers became sayers, expectations exceeded. What a great game and lookin good in my little Spooky row.

9B536698-3A41-4116-97F8-65F2BAAEA82A (resized).jpeg9B536698-3A41-4116-97F8-65F2BAAEA82A (resized).jpeg126CC866-E815-4C37-9ADB-A97F86FAE85C (resized).jpeg126CC866-E815-4C37-9ADB-A97F86FAE85C (resized).jpeg
#1649 4 years ago

I have a favor to ask any ACNC owner. I'm making a custom Plug n Play quiet fan kit (correct connector, custom wire length) for Spooky machines like the one I did for Spike machines and need confirmation of the Meanwell power supply in the ACNC machine (basically that it's still the same as (AMH, TNA, Rob Zombie). Can someone have a look and verify the model number of the power supply in the back of the cabinet bottom?

The Spike PnP Fan thread is where I'm posting updates while I complete thermal testing, etc. It's here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans/page/7#post-5191594

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Got the information. Same power supply in all Spooky machines. Thanks!

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I spoke with Luke from Spooky yesterday and he said some games naturally will have a slight downward angle on the guillotine plastic under the metal ramp. He suggested to put something under the foam piece to shim it to level. I took a wood shim and cut it to about 1.75" in length (it was already the appropriate width). To access the foam, I removed the three screws that hold the metal ramp (two by the ramp flap and that goes into the plastic post), moved the metal wireform and was able to move the metal ramp enough to partially peel up the foam and insert the shim. Since then, no stuck balls, so it seems like it worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 210.00
$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.