(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 160.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

So a huge thank you to everyone that has supported my efforts here.

You deserve it! You are awesome! And I like the sign the way it is!

#1552 4 years ago

No issues on any of my Spooky playfields. They look amazing!!! This goes for AMH, RZ, TNA and ACNC!!!

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Here's the issue with all of this... making a playfield is the hardest physical part of mfg a pinball machine. You are asking wood and clear coat to do something impossible... stand up to a steel ball. (Yeah I know, been said 1,000 times before). The wood is going to lose that battle eventually no matter what. People can say Wms never had issues but there's a reason those reproduction boards are being made still today.
So we all do what we can to slow the decay as much as possible. This takes more time, $$$, and experimentation than anyone who hasn't done this for a living will ever know. It's incredibly proprietary so communication is minimal. KFC isn't posting which 11 herbs and spices they use either.
I happen to feel our playfields are the absolute best in the industry, and yes... we too like everyone else, had an issue. It only takes 1 minor change in any of the chemicals or process involved to cause a problem... sometimes the parts / chemicals we've used for years change and we don't even know until it's too late. Pulling the art back a bit was only part of making sure it never happened again. Far more to it, and unless you've made a thousand of these things you'll never know how hard it all actually is. The learning process NEVER stops when you are dealing with a natural product like wood being exposed to unnatural chemicals and situations.
We did all we could to correct the situation, make everyone happy, and made sure we took every precaution necessary regardless of cost to keep it on the good side going forward. I believe that shows on ACNC and the last multiple batches of TnA (which is perhaps the fastest most violent pinball game ever made). No pressure when we KNOW everyone is watching all of this like a hawk now and will keep doing so huh???!
There is a reason our playfield process is uniquely our own, local, and will stay that way.
Thanks everyone. Go back to enjoying your Sunday.

Thanks Charlie!! Spooky is great because of the people running the show!

#1554 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I haven't removed that piece myself, but if it's like the piece underneath the Crypt mod, there may be some thin double sided tape holding it a bit and just needs a bit of a tug. If not, hopefully someone else chimes in.

It's definitely not double sided tape. I tried pulling the thing quite hard and it still won't separate. It will, however, twist a bit. I'm beginning to think there may be a third screw that broke off. Here's a picture I just took behind the backboard and there seems to be another hole with something metal in it ...

ACNC Backboard (resized).jpgACNC Backboard (resized).jpg
#1555 4 years ago

There is no adhesive. I don't recall now but was there only two screws from the backboard?

You've removed the black one from the front (looks like a drywall screw, and I assume that you've removed the sculpt over the guillotine habitrail?

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

There is no adhesive. I don't recall now but was there only two screws from the backboard?
You've removed the black one from the front (looks like a drywall screw, and I assume that you've removed the sculpt over the guillotine habitrail?

I actually kept the habitrail sculpt connected to the larger piece, but I did remove the screw connecting it to the playfield. I also removed three drywall screws (one in front and two in back).

#1557 4 years ago

It could be my 8th crush talking....but I am LOVING this game tonight.
20190825_203335 (resized).jpg20190825_203335 (resized).jpg

#1558 4 years ago

When you get in the zone it’s tough to stop pushing that start button on this game.

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I could be my 8th crush talking....but I am LOVING this game tonight.[quoted image]

Perfect trio in that pic!

#1560 4 years ago

Here is a question: When is there going to be a Medisinyl and SpookyCharlie collaboration on a game? His mods are perfect matches for Charlie's games and if they were released with all his creativity baked in, Spooky brand grows even faster.... How about on a Centaur 3?

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Here is a question: When is there going to be a medisinyl and spookycharlie collaboration on a game? His mods are perfect matches for Charlie's games

Hmmmmm..... yeah, that guy is fairly amazing isn't he!? Never say never!

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Here is a question: When is there going to be a medisinyl and spookycharlie collaboration on a game? His mods are perfect matches for Charlie's games and if they were released with all his creativity baked in, Spooky brand grows even faster.... How about on a Centaur 3?

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Hmmmmm..... yeah, that guy is fairly amazing isn't he!? Never say never!

Ha! Well, I'm on the never say never side of it as well, but I can't detract from the awesome sculpts Matt produced for the Spooky games ACNC comes pretty well loaded and with a heap of creativity as is

sleepygtr - I do appreciate the thought! Really means a lot to see such a sentiment. Thank you.

#1563 4 years ago

Got my Alice converted to scary blue hardware. She’s just gorgeous in blue, such a pretty game to look at. So far, my best score is 307M on factory settings. This game is addictive!

14A17F93-1913-4BE8-920C-B352C5CE329C (resized).jpeg14A17F93-1913-4BE8-920C-B352C5CE329C (resized).jpegF0B4BBDF-AA65-4ED1-9AB4-5A885435BBFA (resized).jpegF0B4BBDF-AA65-4ED1-9AB4-5A885435BBFA (resized).jpeg960F4256-BE5B-49DD-9119-3C1BA6281813 (resized).jpeg960F4256-BE5B-49DD-9119-3C1BA6281813 (resized).jpeg
#1564 4 years ago

Coopers Law:
You will always hit the hurry up target, except for when you are trying to cash in a bonus.

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Got my Alice converted to scary blue hardware. She’s just gorgeous in blue, such a pretty game to look at. So far, my best score is 307M on factory settings. This game is addictive![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! How is the coin door latch looking?

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Very nice! How is the coin door latch looking?

Lol, the coin door latch is perfect. Houdini and GoT will be moving into a different room and Alice will go next to Maiden LE. That artwork has to be on display!

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Big mistakes people selling their spots. This game is a ton of fun.

I have been sitting on spot #99 for months. Life just keeps getting in the way. I have toyed with selling the spot but wouldn’t do it less than the $1000 I put down. That said, I keep hearing great things and just wonder if I should just sell something else and get mine made.

Would love to hear more about the amount of fun this game is. I’ve heard it’s hard. I’ve heard the sounds etc are great. But, Is this game a blast? Does it have that “one more game” type of feeling?

Darin.

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have been sitting on spot #99 for months. Life just keeps getting in the way. I have toyed with selling the spot but wouldn’t do it less than the $1000 I put down. That said, I keep hearing great things and just wonder if I should just sell something else and get mine made.
Would love to hear more about the amount of fun this game is. I’ve heard it’s hard. I’ve heard the sounds etc are great. But, Is this game a blast? Does it have that “one more game” type of feeling?
Darin.

It's definitely challenging to shoot, but for me it does have that 'one more game' draw. The shots are tight, but man when you get in the groove shooting them it just makes it that much better! It's a great feeling to hit a few orbits back to back, or left orbit to the scoop or ramp. I think overall it's more of a catch and shoot game, rather than a speed maniac multiball driven flow game (like most Sterns IMO). Different, and that's one reason why it's so great.

#1569 4 years ago

If the shots were easier, it would get stale. I always want to play one more game to try and get farther

#1570 4 years ago

Does it have that “one more game” type of feeling?

Yes.

rd

#1571 4 years ago

Just be glad you don't have to worry about playfield clear coat issues like what the new Stern and JJP owners are dealing with! ACNC appears to be completely free of these concerns. Also, the Stern Spike node board future availability issues and cost.

#1572 4 years ago

Darin.

I'm in a similar boat (except my spot isn't quite up yet). So you weren't forced to cough up the dough yet? Did you order direct from Spooky? Curious to know how that ends up going if you can't afford to pay the balance immediately.

#1573 4 years ago

play_pinball,
How cool you have a Trident! Spent more time on that pin than any other as a teenager! Wish I could find one in decent condition!

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I'm in a similar boat (except my spot isn't quite up yet). So you weren't forced to cough up the dough yet? Did you order direct from Spooky? Curious to know how that ends up going if you can't afford to pay the balance immediately.

Direct from spooky.

#1575 4 years ago

I feel compelled to post and share a review for a first time pinball machine buyer. I have never owned a game new or used. I have not played much pinball period. At a work conference almost a year ago they had machines in the waiting area. I played every chance I had over the three days at the conference.

I decided I wanted a machine. I live in the middle of nowhere. I began searching for a used machine. I initially wanted Elvira and the party monsters. Thats the game I played the most at the conference. I began watching the boards. This game caught my interest and I couldn’t shake it. I ordered it. Once again zero pinball experience besides a short three days.

This game is fun as hell! Is it challenging? Yes! What is the point if it’s simple? I am awful my high score is 64,000,000 and that was a fluke game where I played unusually well. I still LOVE it. It is a joy to play. I have to pull myself away if I start playing. I keep hearing it’s so tight. It’s too hard. It doesn’t flow. Don’t listen to the haters. It is a blast. You will love it.

#1576 4 years ago

My nephew has been saying “You’re a regular ghostbuster aren’t ya?” Constantly since playing it a few times. He loves it too. This game is not just for advanced players.

D1019A90-1CB3-40C1-B968-E7490B621062 (resized).jpegD1019A90-1CB3-40C1-B968-E7490B621062 (resized).jpeg
#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

it all depends on your distributor. if you purchase through me (KingPin Games) and are not ready for the game when the time comes, then we just move you down the list a bit (not your number, just you spot in line). Talk with your distributor and see if they can do something for you.

#1578 4 years ago

I’m needing a new pin. I am so anxious to get my ACNC. All the goodies and butter to boot. Bought my pin hauler and ready to pick it up! This has become my grail game!! Spooky nailed this one...can’t wait for Spooky’s next. Quality pins from a great family (and workers).

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

My nephew has been saying “You’re a regular ghostbuster aren’t ya?” Constantly since playing it a few times. He loves it too. This game is not just for advanced players.[quoted image]

If he's anything like my son, watch out as he starts asking other kids what their favorite Alice Cooper songs are

#1580 4 years ago

For my money, it doesn't get any better than Alice's deadpan delivery of "Sorry, but it's a brutal planet." I can't hear that and not press start again.

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

For my money, it doesn't get any better than Alice's deadpan delivery of "Sorry, but it's a brutal planet." I can't hear that and not press start again.

That followed by the drum intro of BDB!

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

My nephew has been saying “You’re a regular ghostbuster aren’t ya?” Constantly since playing it a few times. He loves it too. This game is not just for advanced players.[quoted image]

This is awesome!

#1583 4 years ago

So confused by how the numbers are getting shipped out . I hear guys with 260’s putting in last payment and options. While the guy with #99 says he has not been called .

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

So confused by how the numbers are getting shipped out . I hear guys with 260’s putting in last payment and options. While the guy with #99 says he has not been called .

He was in touch with us before his build time. He asked to be put back in the line up for a couple of months for personal reasons. We are happy to help our customer's anyway we can. Instead of switching his game number to a later dated one, we just simply put his build sheet to the side.

#1585 4 years ago

Yes, spooky has been awesome. If life wasn’t crazy I could have had my pin months ago. That has been in me entirely. I’m a big spooky fan and still own my TNA I bought NIB.

Darin

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from GvikenL:

Wait until he starts telling his friends he’s looking for a girl with a job and a car.

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Wait until he starts telling his friends he’s looking for a girl with a job and a car.

Worse, he could be talking about Cold Ethel in the fridge ...

rd

#1588 4 years ago

Anxiously awaiting the final payment call.
#288 needs to be brought home!!!

#1589 4 years ago

219 ships next Tuesday....it's like Christmas early.

#1590 4 years ago

Hey all, I've owned ACNC for several months now (#49) and just blew my first fuse on the game last night.

It was on startup - just after the progress bar on screen gets to the end, and the servos do their tests, the servo fuse blew.

I checked all the wires for shorts, and everything looks normal...I wasn't tinkering with anything prior to this happening either, so I'm at a loss as to why it continues to blow that fuse on startup every time. Any ideas of what I should be checking?

Thanks!

#1591 4 years ago

Maybe one of your servos is bad and causing the fuse to blow . I would try unplugging the servos and starting up the game , if the fuse doesn’t blow a bad servo is likely the problem.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Maybe one of your servos is bad and causing the fuse to blow . I would try unplugging the servos and starting up the game , if the fuse doesn’t blow a bad servo is likely the problem.

I officially hand over Spooky Tech support to Doug (see above). That is the same answer i would have given.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I officially hand over Spooky Tech support to Doug (see above). That is the same answer i would have given.

Nice try Chris...... But it won't work you are still our service guy. I refuse to let you quit

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hey all, I've owned ACNC for several months now (#49) and just blew my first fuse on the game last night.
It was on startup - just after the progress bar on screen gets to the end, and the servos do their tests, the servo fuse blew.
I checked all the wires for shorts, and everything looks normal...I wasn't tinkering with anything prior to this happening either, so I'm at a loss as to why it continues to blow that fuse on startup every time. Any ideas of what I should be checking?
Thanks!

I have dealt with the servo issues. in back box by fuse is the servo board. Replace fuse. Then pull 2 of the three servo plugs from the board. (Just member where you pulled them from). They need to go back in the same places.
Start game see if it blows a fuse. go to servo test and check for all positions on that servo. If that is not blowing fuses. Next do the same thing pull the one that is working and insert another and do the same thing again and see which one is giving you trouble.

P.s. Frank and frank lock seem to be the easy ones if you need to replace a servo. I have Not even attempted to look at the guillotine.
You can PM me.

Charlie and Chris hope im not stepping on toes here

Magicchiz

if I am wrong on this please say so. - Listen to Charlie and Chris before me!

#1595 4 years ago

Do I get one of those sexy tank tops ?

#1596 4 years ago

So we just got this game in for a short while at FlipOut London (before it goes out to earn some money) and it was not registering drop target 3 and therefore not locking ball 2. I quickly found a bad microswitch and spent over an hour changing it, partly because I'm old and have a bad back, but also because there was no slack on the wires... Then we found it was rattling the glass quite badly, even though the sub level was almost fully off (it's now completely off). I hope this is just a couple of niggles and that it will be a good addition to our club. Now, time to read back through this topic to see what else I might have to fix soon...

#1597 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help - I did as described and discovered the problem is the Guillotine servo. In the words of Elvira, "Oh, poo."

Now I need to ask if someone can explain the easiest way to get at that motor. I had to replace the Frankenstein motor a few days after getting the machine, as it was a lemon. I have a feeling that was an easy job compared to the guillotine? Fingers crossed!

#1598 4 years ago

New! Exclusive! Dare I say EPIC mod?

Just kidding, it's just a usb extension ran to the coin door. When you're slightly wider than the space you left between the games, this helps a lot.

10' usb male to female extension cable (around $4 on amazon.

Works great.

And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).

20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg
#1599 4 years ago

Yes, spooky has been awesome. If life wasn’t crazy I could have had my pin months ago. That has been in me entirely. I’m a big spooky fan and still own my TNA I bought NIB.
Darin

I know a fella who will let ya get some games in

#1600 4 years ago

New! Exclusive! Dare I say EPIC mod?
Just kidding, it's just a usb extension ran to the coin door. When you're slightly wider than the space you left between the games, this helps a lot.
10' usb male to female extension cable (around $4 on amazon.
Works great.
And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just ensure that you get a respectable brand extension cord and I would not go longer than the 10'. I believe that USB can be up to 15' without using a booster but you don't want to have issues WHILE updating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/32?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.