(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 160.
#1501 4 years ago

Got my notification from Spooky today. My game is ready

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Skkyyyy rockets in flight! Buttterrrry Delight...ooOOOooo butterrry delight![quoted image]

So what is a Butter Cabinet exactly? It looks just like the regular ACNC cabinet.

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Anyone else have an issue where if a 2nd ball gets caught in the Crypt lock, from the upper playfield drain, it gets stuck and a restart is needed?

Mine was getting stuck behind the second drop target. Look to see if that is where yours is sitting, if so lower the target(s) to be flush with the PF.

I my case it was sitting just above the playfield but as I lowered them (with the bolt below the PF) I noticed that the targets were skewed slightly (lower on one side more than the other, left to right). You can see some of the wear in my picture. I lowered them enough to resolve it but I did want to try to fix the skew.

When I replaced all of the rubbers with GITD Titans and had the plastics off, I ended up trimming one side of each target a little with an exacto knife.

I picture was before I lowered the back one, which is where the ball was hanging up even with the target down. Hope that helps.

UPDATE: I've included a mock up of where the ball can hang up undetected. It happened to me due to the targets sitting just above the PF.
IMG_20190803_0809379 (resized).jpgIMG_20190803_0809379 (resized).jpg

ACNC-cryptlocklane (resized).pngACNC-cryptlocklane (resized).png
#1504 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply!

Will check that out.

T.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Anyone else have an issue where if a 2nd ball gets caught in the Crypt lock, from the upper playfield drain, it gets stuck and a restart is needed?

The only way that can happen is if the 2nd ball jumps the switch (the one below the upper flipper) or the switch isn’t adjusted/working right.

I had it happen once, it was an air ball that jumped the switch. The only way to stop that rare occurrence happening would be to have a plastic covering the switch and drop hole. It happens so rarely that it’s not really a big deal ... although maybe the 2nd or 3rd ball search should drop the front drop target down (if it doesn’t already)

rd

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

What # ?

#1507 4 years ago

I've seen a number of times where in Crypt multi-ball, the ball save will be lit and I have both balls drain out one of the outlanes and the game just ends the ball.

The other odd issue was I was in battling the Vampire and finished the mode as I drained. I started putting my initials in for a speed run and then the game jumped back to the "home" screen, showing that I was on "ball 0". I tried to take a picture, but about thirty seconds later, it went back to the screen where I was putting in my initials.

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Quoted from tp:

What # ?

Yeah, what number?

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

What number?

#1510 4 years ago

368 my God , how long , how long.

#1511 4 years ago

I should get invoiced for game 219 tomorrow. I picked my options about 2 weeks ago...

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What # ?

Mine is 210.

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

So what is a Butter Cabinet exactly? It looks just like the regular ACNC cabinet.

They direct print the art to the cabinet and then clear and buff/polish it and send Alice to you in a nice comfy thick blanket. The print is killer vibrant but you have to see it to appreciate it. I have posted pics when mine arrived, just look back.

If your Alice will be squeezed between other pins, it will be lost but if you want this as a showpiece pin (only 500 ACNCs will exist and have a cool grand burning a hole in your pocket, it is for you.

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

I've had two balls stuck in the crypt a couple times. Both times the ball search released them with no need for a restart. This happened last night in fact while some friends were over flipping.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

They direct print the art onto the cabinet, then clear coat it. It's a beautiful thing!

#1516 4 years ago

Anyone have clear coat issues yet?

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Prototype #1 with 8 bazillion show and testing plays reporting for duty... all is well.

We had an issue on some TnA's... we know this. It was 1 game out of 6 we've made. Any mistake is 1 too many.

Corrections made, moving forward.
20190822_142745 (resized).jpg20190822_142745 (resized).jpg20190822_142752 (resized).jpg20190822_142752 (resized).jpg

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've had two balls stuck in the crypt a couple times. Both times the ball search released them with no need for a restart. This happened last night in fact while some friends were over flipping.

Ball search should clear it, unless one or both of the drop targets sit above the playfield. I suppose though that one would know this because a power reset should also not release the ball without shaking the pin. This did happen to me a number of times. No longer after adjustments.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Nope. Very few issues after a month. Just a couple switch adjustments, adjusting the sound, etc. Last night, a friend was playing and a flipper button came off. Not sure how or why the nut loosened off, but it was an easy quick fix. People like to take cheap shots at Spooky's build quality, but honestly it's pinball. Shit goes wrong no matter the manufacturer. As long as there aren't big issues (like the clear coat issue JJP is having rn), just fix it and keep playing.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

They direct print the art to the cabinet and then clear and buff/polish it and send Alice to you in a nice comfy thick blanket. The print is killer vibrant but you have to see it to appreciate it. I have posted pics when mine arrived, just look back.
If your Alice will be squeezed between other pins, it will be lost but if you want this as a showpiece pin (only 500 ACNCs will exist and have a cool grand burning a hole in your pocket, it is for you.

Unfortunately for me I need that cool grand for Elvira 3; that and ACNC will probably my last pin purchases for a long time.

#1521 4 years ago

Got the notification for final payment on mine from pinballstar, #264.

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Nice! I'd like to see one in person. I have one now it's #81 I love it so far, it's a great pin.
I also have #426 maybe I'll get the Butter option on that one.

Thanks for the reply.

T.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

#54 still going strong with no issues. Playfield still looks amazing.

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Nice! I'd like to see one in person. I have one now it's #81 I love it so far, it's a great pin.
I also have #426 maybe I'll get the Butter option on that one.
Thanks for the reply.
T.

You will have 2? YOU MONSTER!

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Unfortunately for me I need that cool grand for Elvira 3; that and ACNC will probably my last pin purchases for a long time.

It sounds like you are quite fortunate by my standards

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

#10 no clear issues , had it since January , tons of plays on it . Plenty of updates on this game so can’t say exactly how many plays but I’d guess over 1,000 .

#1527 4 years ago

Got a chance to put some time on the game last weekend, it's a no brainer that this one needs to be in the house! Deposit has been put down on game #438.

#1528 4 years ago

This week received the long awaited e mail asking what options I wanted for 361. Kind of surreal after all this time to know it’s happening. It will be at least another four to six weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally feeling the anticipation!

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

This week received the long awaited e mail asking what options I wanted for 361. Kind of surreal after all this time to know it’s happening. It will be at least another four to six weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally feeling the anticipation!

Omg !!! Awesome. Anyone know if they are being made in order? Or by butter no butter batch?

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Omg !!! Awesome. Anyone know if they are being made in order? Or by butter no butter batch?

In order but two runs: no butter and butter, it seems

#1531 4 years ago

113 holding strong here! You guys want to see my....Latch?

F30C2596-CE36-4928-A8F0-B0DEAD4CF298 (resized).jpegF30C2596-CE36-4928-A8F0-B0DEAD4CF298 (resized).jpeg
#1532 4 years ago

The knocker in my Alice isn’t working. It has the knocker, but nothing happens when I test that coil test mode. Any ideas?

#1533 4 years ago

Please forgive me but I'm lurking on this thread. I have order for ACNC, in fact, I have the PF with Ron Kruzman right now. He'll send it back to Spooky when he's done clearing and polishing.

My question is why does Pinside show ACNC's estimated price is $900. I know some of these have alert hit the secondary market.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My question is why does Pinside show ACNC's estimated price is $900. I know some of these have alert hit the secondary market.

I'm guessing it's because the website is tracking sales and up until recently all of the sale were preorders selling their slots on their deposits.
That data should probably be removed from the scenario as it's not sales of actual machines, just people selling their deposits.

#1535 4 years ago

Started putting some mods on my game from Medisinyl.
If you guys haven't checked these out yet, they are awesome.
Greg is a really talented guy and these things just make the game that much cooler.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-cooper-mods-3d-tower-arch-and-more-soon-medisinyl-mods-?hl=medisinyl#post-5149008

Volcan mod.
This thing fits perfectly in that little crevice and if you didn't know that it was a mod, you would think it came with the game.
The light in the volcano flickers and moves up and down giving it a really cool effect.
It also illuminates the ramp a bit from the underside of the volcano (very nice).
IMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3634 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3635 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpgIMG_3636 (resized).jpg

#1536 4 years ago

Laboratory mod from Medisinyl.
I was really impressed with this.
The color changing LEDs on the control panel change from green to red and all the instruments light up.
This really gives that back area that had a bit empty feeling a cool vibe.
It fits really well like Frank is being released from the laboratory when he pops up.

IMG_3632 (resized).jpgIMG_3632 (resized).jpg
#1537 4 years ago

Lighted Crypt mod from Medisinyl.
This one impresses me more than I though it would.
It taps into the lighting for the speakers which change colors when your in different modes in the game.
I.E. the Crypt changes color with the speakers and mirrors whatever color they are during that specific mode.
Very well done and looks awesome when your playing.

IMG_3630 (resized).jpgIMG_3630 (resized).jpgIMG_3631 (resized).jpgIMG_3631 (resized).jpg
#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Prototype #1 with 8 bazillion show and testing plays reporting for duty... all is well.
We had an issue on some TnA's... we know this. It was 1 game out of 6 we've made. Any mistake is 1 too many.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Charlie - Could you comment on what exactly was the issue you found and corrected? I notice that there is no longer art where the posts are. Is this a result of what you found? Was the ink in the art causing adhesion issues? We are all trying to understand what’s going on as this is causing many of us to halt our NIB purchases.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I'm guessing it's because the website is tracking sales and up until recently all of the sale were preorders selling their slots on their deposits.
That data should probably be removed from the scenario as it's not sales of actual machines, just people selling their deposits.

Big mistakes people selling their spots. This game is a ton of fun.

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Agreed, but think of it as giving someone else, who genuinely is interested in an Alice, an opportunity to get one. And possibly at a slight discount

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Agreed, its a great game that's worth waiting for.
I was just giving an explanation as to why the pinside value is soo low.

#1542 4 years ago

One of the mods should try to fix that and exclude the data for preorder deposit sales.

#1543 4 years ago

I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove this sculpted piece from the game. I removed the wood screw near the front and the two wood screws behind the backboard, but it still seems connected to the backboard somehow. What am I missing?

ACNC molding (resized).jpgACNC molding (resized).jpg
#1544 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

SpookyCharlie I have to say that I'm very impressed with the play field quality on both My Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.
Those are the only two Spooky pins I own (at the moment), but really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the future.

#1545 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Started putting some mods on my game from Medisinyl.

I like all Medisinyl mods. For ACNC, I probably will be in for the Volcano, Crypt and Tower. On the fence for the tunnel and Lab. Probably pass on the secret passage sign. Just doesn't sound so secret with the sign. I like the look of the sign and if it was customizable with my own message that would be cool.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Charlie - Could you comment on what exactly was the issue you found and corrected? I notice that there is no longer art where the posts are. Is this a result of what you found? Was the ink in the art causing adhesion issues? We are all trying to understand what’s going on as this is causing many of us to halt our NIB purchases.

Here's the issue with all of this... making a playfield is the hardest physical part of mfg a pinball machine. You are asking wood and clear coat to do something impossible... stand up to a steel ball. (Yeah I know, been said 1,000 times before). The wood is going to lose that battle eventually no matter what. People can say Wms never had issues but there's a reason those reproduction boards are being made still today.

So we all do what we can to slow the decay as much as possible. This takes more time, $$$, and experimentation than anyone who hasn't done this for a living will ever know. It's incredibly proprietary so communication is minimal. KFC isn't posting which 11 herbs and spices they use either.

I happen to feel our playfields are the absolute best in the industry, and yes... we too like everyone else, had an issue. It only takes 1 minor change in any of the chemicals or process involved to cause a problem... sometimes the parts / chemicals we've used for years change and we don't even know until it's too late. Pulling the art back a bit was only part of making sure it never happened again. Far more to it, and unless you've made a thousand of these things you'll never know how hard it all actually is. The learning process NEVER stops when you are dealing with a natural product like wood being exposed to unnatural chemicals and situations.

We did all we could to correct the situation, make everyone happy, and made sure we took every precaution necessary regardless of cost to keep it on the good side going forward. I believe that shows on ACNC and the last multiple batches of TnA (which is perhaps the fastest most violent pinball game ever made). No pressure when we KNOW everyone is watching all of this like a hawk now and will keep doing so huh???!

There is a reason our playfield process is uniquely our own, local, and will stay that way.

Thanks everyone. Go back to enjoying your Sunday.

#1547 4 years ago

It's incredibly proprietary so communication is minimal.

Ancient Chinese secret, eh?

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Agreed, its a great game that's worth waiting for.
I was just giving an explanation as to why the pinside value is soo low.

Perhaps we need to give it time! All pin values are down right now. Market is getting somewhat saturated I think? I could be wrong, but the numbers seem to indicate it.

#1549 4 years ago

Here's the issue with all of this... making a playfield is the hardest physical part of mfg a pinball machine.

Well, you have my utmost respect Charlie!

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I like all Medisinyl mods. For ACNC, I probably will be in for the Volcano, Crypt and Tower. On the fence for the tunnel and Lab. Probably pass on the secret passage sign. Just doesn't sound so secret with the sign. I like the look of the sign and if it was customizable with my own message that would be cool.

While I've done some custom text on a couple mods in the past (generally offering the option publicly afterward), the sign would be harder to justify unless a few people were interested in the same alteration.

In all fairness, the playfield text for the secret passage itself is already a giveaway, but a necessary one in guiding you through the game (made easier by the sign as most guests have no idea where to shoot).

Perhaps think of the bloody skeleton arm as someone having died to reveal the passage to future wanderers

Glad to see you like the mods I don't expect most ACNC owners to buy all of the mods (they're all subjective), but I'm happy to see many enjoying at least some of my work on these.

However, I've been humbled by how many Spooky customers have purchased every RZ and ACNC mod I've made. In fact, if it weren't for the Spooky customers, it's likely Medisinyl Mods wouldn't have been able to continue to exist. So a huge thank you to everyone that has supported my efforts here.

--

And while I thanked Kent via PM, another big thanks for @Coindork's feedback and posts. It truly helps toward putting in the extra time on some of these.

Quoted from gweempose:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove this sculpted piece from the game. I removed the wood screw near the front and the two wood screws behind the backboard, but it still seems connected to the backboard somehow. What am I missing?[quoted image]

I haven't removed that piece myself, but if it's like the piece underneath the Crypt mod, there may be some thin double sided tape holding it a bit and just needs a bit of a tug. If not, hopefully someone else chimes in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 20.00
$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 160.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/31?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.