(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 161.
#101 5 years ago

Ok, I’ll ask. Any noticeable changes in the new code? How much are you enjoying the game?

#102 5 years ago

Got to put some more time on ACNC last weekend at TILT in Minneapolis. After a handfull of games, I was able to get a feel for the shots and rules. I was able to get multiball going a few times (much easier when stealing locks from multiplayer) and get into some modes. I didn't fully understand what all I was doing for each mode, but it was fun to shoot.
You really need to be on your toes since the castle takes up half the playfield. The close quarters really tested my flipper and nudging skills. I really like how the upper playfield has multiple shots in a small area. Nice work Spooky! Excited to get my game some day...

#103 5 years ago

Exactly. It isn't anything specific that I want to know about, just anything regarding this pin. Pics of inside cabinet, under PF, in the back box, close ups of all things under the glass. Maybe share their thoughts on build quality, code, graphics, upgrade options that they selected VS ones that they might regret not opting for...

I'm just surprised that there is no one in this club thread that is sharing anything really.

Update: @brenna98, thanks for sharing!

#104 5 years ago

have to wait a bit for mine but #110

#105 5 years ago

KT, confirmed yesterday that there are about 18 in front of ours. We have #48 but with all options including the butter cab. That cab option is a separate build (order and count wise) so I know nothing beyond that. She did say that they have crazy weather right now which is delaying progress so once they are beyond that things will move forward a bit faster.

I'm not looking for fast by any means! Slow and easy is fine by me but it is good to know where we are at in queue now. Very excited to take delivery of this title!

#106 5 years ago
E835B66C-53A0-44FA-8B19-6F2EBFB18ADF (resized).jpegE835B66C-53A0-44FA-8B19-6F2EBFB18ADF (resized).jpeg
#107 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm just surprised that there is no one in this club thread that is sharing anything really.

I want to share but I need my game first!
#39 tick tick tick

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I want to share but I need my game first!
#39 tick tick tick

Your's won't be long now!

#109 5 years ago

Tommy, are you delivering ours in that? You will have a nice place to stay here

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Ok, I’ll ask. Any noticeable changes in the new code? How much are you enjoying the game?

Lots of new stuff. Ethyl and Werewolf have received the most changes. The bonus jackpot shots after completing Alice has some great new animation.
More callouts throughout and lots of added sound effects.
There’s a new Dungeon room animation and when you’re in the dungeon, you shoot the guillotine shot to “stretch” a poor victim trapped inside.
Extra ball has been added by starting three monsters or making the guillotine shot 10 times.
I’m loving how it’s all coming along. Especially adding a specific shot to make while you’re in a room (the dungeon for example) and the boss/frenzy modes after beating a monster.
Can’t wait to watch Bowen play it during his seminar at TPF next month.

#111 5 years ago

@RebelGuitars, thanks for the detailed update. It sounds like a blast!

I can't believe that TPF is almost here. Really looking forward to everything that's happening there (or expected to happen .

#112 5 years ago

From Spooky's FB page just now;

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.23.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.23.52 PM.png51626430_2172705789457303_6232709003533615104_o.jpg51626430_2172705789457303_6232709003533615104_o.jpg51801909_2172705976123951_8923677211874033664_o.jpg51801909_2172705976123951_8923677211874033664_o.jpg

#113 5 years ago

Now that is awesome to see/hear!

I see blue hardware and one cab with mirror blades already. Things are moving baby!!

#114 5 years ago

I don't see this posted yet...should be "must watch" for everyone waiting on their Alice Cooper's.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#115 5 years ago

I got an email from PinballSTAR today to confirm that I wanted a butter cabinet, and ahh that cabinets in those pictures look so good. I am very excited to get my game later this year! It's going to be sooo smooth.

#116 5 years ago

Quick screen grab of when you make the guillotine shot while in the Dungeon.

65935562-BB63-40ED-91D4-C35F6375AD4F (resized).jpeg65935562-BB63-40ED-91D4-C35F6375AD4F (resized).jpeg
#117 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Quick screen grab of when you make the guillotine shot while in the Dungeon.

Thanks for posting. Hope they keep adding things like this. Awesome.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't see this posted yet...should be "must watch" for everyone waiting on their Alice Cooper's.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting - agreed - his tutorials are great.

#119 5 years ago

What's the point of a tutorial if the code isn't solid yet?

#120 5 years ago

I sort of thought that too for about 3 minutes but I really don't care - I like watch Mr. K teach and it's on this machine. For people who are already good enough to make a living playing pinball prob not a big deal but for a slug like me it's all good.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

What's the point of a tutorial if the code isn't solid yet?

Since I am the head of rules and programming at Spooky, I should be able to discuss the current state of code and the future plans for additional features.

The code at TPF will be solid and fully featured.

#122 5 years ago

#33 goes on the line next week.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Since I am the head of rules and programming at Spooky, I should be able to discuss the current state of code and the future plans for additional features.

Thanks Bowen!

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Code is pretty good at this point , I have had a few pretty good games and have done a decent amount with it it . It will be awesome to see you
Crush this game

#125 5 years ago

Look forward to seeing Bowen play ACNC at TPF. He crushed TNA last year.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Look forward to seeing Bowen play ACNC at TPF. He crushed TNA last year.

Same here!

1 week later
#127 5 years ago

Anything newsworthy this week?

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Anything newsworthy this week?

Anything newsworthy this past week?
(Maybe I should be dating these

#129 5 years ago

This is the most confounding release ever, perhaps. First they are going to "release in June" (which turns out to be one game), now they are "cranking them out", but still no multiple (even one?) unboxings or videos of how the game plays from new owners. Weird.

#130 5 years ago

See the skulls of the people who have died waiting for their game. Hehe just kidding. I'm still alive. Good thing comes to those that wait!
Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1549515009545 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1549515009545 (resized).jpg
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

This is the most confounding release ever, perhaps. First they are going to "release in June" (which turns out to be one game), now they are "cranking them out", but still no multiple (even one?) unboxings or videos of how the game plays from new owners. Weird.

Yeah, I believe that ours is 'close' at #48 (but has all of the upgrades, including butter so that is anyone's guess order wise).

#132 5 years ago

The people over at SDTM are going to be doing a video review of ACNC soon. Looking forward to that!

#133 5 years ago

Got mine. #24.

20190226_162937 (resized).jpg20190226_162937 (resized).jpg
#134 5 years ago

New code drop!

Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle
Version 1.0.6.15(28-FEB-2019)

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#135 5 years ago

19 hours ago... let's see some pics!

#136 5 years ago

I want this game so bad!

#137 5 years ago

24 and 25 delivered this week and 45 being picked up Wednesday, sounds off. I am thinking spooky taking care of past customers first which is understandable. So number might not mean so much. Maybe they take these in 50 machine increments and take care of previous first then new customers before moving to 51-100 and repeating the process. I love the fact that I’ll have a very well coded machine by delivery, that is how I will get through trying to be patient

#138 5 years ago

@lancestorm, best not try to use numbers to gauge timeframe. It will save you anxiety and frustration.

#139 5 years ago

No anxiety or frustration here, just something thought might be a fun discussion point

#140 5 years ago

Dirty 30 here. I'll keep y'all posted.

#141 5 years ago

The werewolf mode is pretty cool when you start you have five shots that are lit green (left orbit,left ramp , inner orbit , right ramp , right orbit ) the screen shows werewolf and two health bars (players and wolfs ) . Hit one of the green shots and that loads your gun , now the center shot is lit . Hit that and you shoot him and his health goes down . After hitting the center the five shots light again but the shot ( or shots ) you’ve already hit are now lit red . Hit a red shot and the wolf takes a swipe at you and your health goes down . You need to load the gun by hitting all five shots and hitting the center after loaded . It gets tough when you get down to that last shot or two that you need to load you gun as there are more red shots that can harm you . Just had a good game (for me) on the wolf mode ,defeated him and put up this score for the wolf mode (total score was just over 100 million, so wolf mode was a good chunk of that . Each mode has a high score that you can put initials in for .

AB8ADC95-76B4-42B2-839B-36E240AF2DB7 (resized).jpegAB8ADC95-76B4-42B2-839B-36E240AF2DB7 (resized).jpeg
#142 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

have to wait a bit for mine but #110

yours and mine should be on the line about the same time! I'm #106 really looking forward to it.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The werewolf mode is pretty cool... Each mode has a high score that you can put initials in for .
[quoted image]

Thank you for sharing!

I am not suggesting that this be given focus now, as I want us to start receiving these pins, but I do hope that some time is put on these screens at a later date. With the amazing art package on this title, these screens could not be more bland/lackluster.

#144 5 years ago

Picked up mine tonight, #21

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Picked up mine tonight, #21

Awesome! Share what you can

#146 5 years ago

I thought I posted on this thread but see I did not. ACNC#15 is alive and well and playing at Lyons Classic Pinball in CO, Come Play ,we are loving it to death.

#147 5 years ago

Cool! Any comment on the difficulty in just starting a mode? Respected pinsider Chuckwurt commented in other thread this problem. Too hard /too many shots needed just to start a mode?

#148 5 years ago

Things have changed since I played one, but I was managing. If I can start a mode, a chimp with motivational peanuts can get the job done. It's not a pushover; Takes some skill or dumb luck but thats OK.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Things have changed since I played one, but I was managing. If I can start a mode, a chimp with motivational peanuts can get the job done. It's not a pushover; Takes some skill or dumb luck but thats OK.

These are the ways to reach a monster in the current version of ACNC code.

* Navigate the castle rooms using the loops. There are 3 levels of difficulty: hard (2 of each loop), easy (1 of each loop), and medium (1 of one loop, 2 of the other). The default is medium, and can be changed in settings. The first loop made also "locks in" the monster that you are going after -- prior to that you can hit the center bank while "Change Monster Mode" is flashing to ... do that.

* Use the Secret Passage. After locking in a monster, the center bank of targets counts hits. 3 hits to the center bank lights the Secret Passage (the inner loop), which instantly sends you to the monster.

* Make a Skill Shot. 5 shots are lit at the start of the ball; if you hit either ramp or the Crypt, you will instantly light the Secret Passage.

* Collect a Mystery Award. If you are not currently battling a monster, the first mystery award will always start a monster battle; later mystery awards can advance rooms or advance you directly to the monster.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

These are the ways to reach a monster in the current version of ACNC code.
* Navigate the castle rooms using the loops. There are 3 levels of difficulty: hard (2 of each loop), easy (1 of each loop), and medium (1 of one loop, 2 of the other). The default is medium, and can be changed in settings. The first loop made also "locks in" the monster that you are going after -- prior to that you can hit the center bank while "Change Monster Mode" is flashing to ... do that.
* Use the Secret Passage. After locking in a monster, the center bank of targets counts hits. 3 hits to the center bank lights the Secret Passage (the inner loop), which instantly sends you to the monster.
* Make a Skill Shot. 5 shots are lit at the start of the ball; if you hit either ramp or the Crypt, you will instantly light the Secret Passage.
* Collect a Mystery Award. If you are not currently battling a monster, the first mystery award will always start a monster battle; later mystery awards can advance rooms or advance you directly to the monster.

Thanks! Especially happy to see the easy, medium, hard settings for the loops. I like that I can set easy when I play with my kids and friends.

Also, don't forget that you automatically start a monster on the 3rd ball if you don't start one on balls 1 or 2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.