(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,004 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by tbutler6
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 161.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I feel like there needs to be some kind of additional sound/lighting effect when you nail the hurry up

There is ... when I nailed one for 39,000,000 just before, the whole room was filled with “FUCK YEAH!!”

Oh... didn’t come from the machine though.

Agreed, a “f**k yeah” from the pin would be cool. It’s a hard shot to nail under pressure but ohhhh so cool when you do.

rd

#1352 4 years ago

Last night I got these mystery awards: advance to monster, advance 1 room, advance 2 rooms, light secret passage, and I think I saw "light extra ball" in there as it was scrolling. Just listing for those who say there is no variety. For me, i like that first mystery hit is advance to monster. Without mystery and the ways to open the secret passage, there would be no way I could progress as well through the game and it would definitely impact the enjoyment of my kids and guests. Hitting those outer orbits are tough sometimes. And finally, please don't put "tilt next player" as an award. Never been a fan of this.

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It works fine. Embarrassing to admit...but I had some ball hangups on that little piece of foam by the trough. I didn't realize at first that is what diverts the ball to the magnet.
That sub is no joke! I thought the shaker was really working hard but after unplugging the sub, I barely feel the shaker. Going to try an external sub
Is there a way to increase the shaker?

I had balls getting caught on these so they were removed. I had no clue what they were for... whoops!

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Award Lock 2 on Frankenstein
Extra Ball
Light Extra Ball
Virus mode similar to RZ
No Hold Flip-Torture MB
Hurry up
Tilt
Light Ball Save
Double Scoring

Free chop or two...

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

For anyone who hooked up an external sub, did you drill a hole in the bottom to run wires?

There is no need to drill a hole. There is an air vent at the back of the cabinet just above where the power cord connects. Just run the wires directly from the amp out the back of the cabinet to the sub.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is no need to drill a hole. There is an air vent at the back of the cabinet just above where the power cord connects. Just run the wires directly from the amp out the back of the cabinet to the sub.

Ah. I didn't look there. So used to the vents being on the bottom.

#1357 4 years ago

Come Hang with Danesi and crew!!! LIVE NOW

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

840E6A40-99B5-474B-A211-225CA030C82A (resized).jpeg840E6A40-99B5-474B-A211-225CA030C82A (resized).jpeg
#1358 4 years ago

413 butter and all the add-ons. Bought a rav4 2015 to haul it. We need a new pin. Can’t wait! Yes, we are pinholics.

#1359 4 years ago

Anxiously waiting for 368. Hoping it ships by bday at end of October. Fully loaded butter and gold

#1360 4 years ago

I’m in the next batch of butter cabs!! The wife and I can’t wait to pick this up and add it to the growing collection!

#1361 4 years ago
20190801_171819 (resized).jpg20190801_171819 (resized).jpg
#1362 4 years ago

gliebig it... how did you get one so fast??

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

gliebig it... how did you get one so fast??

I found one that was missing a door lock screw.

#1364 4 years ago

and i thought they were talking about the mod.

happymeal93 (resized).pnghappymeal93 (resized).png
#1365 4 years ago

A question regarding Billion Dollar Babies mode.

Playing co-op mode we finally reached B$B the other day. Player two was able to start it but once he lost the game was over. Players three and four had to launch their balls but the flippers were disabled. Is that how its supposed to go?

If so, maybe it would be cool to give everyone a chance at reaching B$B while in co-op mode?

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. The way it stands now, you are often better off purposely draining one of the balls if a mode is running. Does it give you any kind of playfield multiplier when Crypt multiball is running? If not, this would be a nice tweak to the rules, and it would give you an added incentive to keep the multiball active.

Crypt multiball should spot an additional target in Pit, Alice, Wolfman, and Frank mode and it would be perfect. It’s a benefit in the other modes

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I found one that was missing a door lock screw.

Well hot damn. Awesome!

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m in the next batch of butter cabs!! The wife and I can’t wait to pick this up and add it to the growing collection!

are they making them in order?

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Dude this game is like Carmen Electra... Rod-less

Custom launch buttons must be a thing. Would they mostly be the same size?

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Going to try the rattle tape. I played my first few games with the glass off and the sound was awesome. Then I put the glass on.
Is it more of the sub or shaker that is causing it?

Sub. I put on tape when I first setup the machine and I've mostly had the volume at 1. Tonight I played around with the amp's settings and got it sounding pretty sweet at 6 or 7. Go to music test in the test menu and skip forward several tracks to one of the AC songs with heaps of bass. The small knob closest to the the power switch at the bottom is the sub volume - I have that turned almost all the way down. The middle of the three big knobs is the bass level for the main speakers - that's also turned most of the way down. The topmost big knob is the main speaker volume - mine is around 1/4. The lower of those three adjusts the high frequency level. I turned that down a bit to tame the sound of the slingshots.

I no longer get rattling or distortion, and the coindoor volume control has a bigger range. All the better to enjoy the music and sound effects (such good sound effects!)

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtDR:

Playing co-op mode we finally reached B$B the other day. Player two was able to start it but once he lost the game was over. Players three and four had to launch their balls but the flippers were disabled. Is that how its supposed to go?
If so, maybe it would be cool to give everyone a chance at reaching B$B while in co-op mode?

Co-OP could use some polish. I think lit secret passage and mystery scoop should carry over from player to player. Sounds like Billion Dollar Babies should continue through until each player has had a chance or at least through player 4 (or the last player). But this is polish that will probably be way down the line. Base code needs to be finish, debugged, and polished first, then co-op.

#1372 4 years ago

I forgot this has a co-op mode. Will have to try that this weekend.

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

Sub. I put on tape when I first setup the machine and I've mostly had the volume at 1. Tonight I played around with the amp's settings and got it sounding pretty sweet at 6 or 7. Go to music test in the test menu and skip forward several tracks to one of the AC songs with heaps of bass. The small knob closest to the the power switch at the bottom is the sub volume - I have that turned almost all the way down. The middle of the three big knobs is the bass level for the main speakers - that's also turned most of the way down. The topmost big knob is the main speaker volume - mine is around 1/4. The lower of those three adjusts the high frequency level. I turned that down a bit to tame the sound of the slingshots.
I no longer get rattling or distortion, and the coindoor volume control has a bigger range. All the better to enjoy the music and sound effects (such good sound effects!)

I have the external sub hooked up right now. Holy schnikey's this pin sounds amazing.

#1374 4 years ago

I have an external sub on my Star Trek (it has only one input). It's great! But from what I have read so far on Pinside, it's best to use an A/B switch to switch two pinball machines between a single sub so as not to back feed the signal into the other pin. Can anyone verify this? It sounds reasonable.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I have an external sub on my Star Trek (it has only one input). It's great! But from what I have read so far on Pinside, it's best to use an A/B switch to switch two pinball machines between a single sub so as not to back feed the signal into the other pin. Can anyone verify this? It sounds reasonable.

If your sub has two inputs, just use them both and don't get your wires crossed. I've done it and it's fine.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

If your sub has two inputs, just use them both and don't get your wires crossed. I've done it and it's fine.

As stated, I only have one input.

#1377 4 years ago

Ah, missed it. Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

If your sub has two inputs, just use them both and don't get your wires crossed.

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have the external sub hooked up right now. Holy schnikey's this pin sounds amazing.

Isn't it great! I particularly like the spooky sound effects and the way they seem to escalate as you hit more shots. It's clear that the Spooky team love their horror movies!

#1380 4 years ago

#161 made it to Idaho.

6AA6FAD5-E873-4741-9394-347F8F9B251C (resized).jpeg6AA6FAD5-E873-4741-9394-347F8F9B251C (resized).jpeg238896B3-337E-4F44-953D-8FD2E17BB35E (resized).jpeg238896B3-337E-4F44-953D-8FD2E17BB35E (resized).jpeg2B835132-79B7-4E48-825B-562286F22DDD (resized).jpeg2B835132-79B7-4E48-825B-562286F22DDD (resized).jpeg
#1381 4 years ago

The blue with the side art blades is sharp! That’s what I got too and I love it

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtDR:

This is a cool idea and I'll see what we can do. Overall yes, BDB is meant to be the end of the game, and that is how it would behave in single player.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Co-OP could use some polish. I think lit secret passage and mystery scoop should carry over from player to player. Sounds like Billion Dollar Babies should continue through until each player has had a chance or at least through player 4 (or the last player). But this is polish that will probably be way down the line. Base code needs to be finish, debugged, and polished first, then co-op.

Some features in TNA co-op are held by players while others are global. The best example of this is SAVE light state. If I lit two drain saves, I want to keep them for myself

So we made similar decisions for ACNC co-op. Chop progress is cumulative because it can apply to everyone, but if I lit the secret passage, I want to be able to claim it

So, maybe not the best decision? But it's a deliberate decision.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Some features in TNA co-op are held by players while others are global. The best example of this is SAVE light state. If I lit two drain saves, I want to keep them for myself
So we made similar decisions for ACNC co-op. Chop progress is cumulative because it can apply to everyone, but if I lit the secret passage, I want to be able to claim it
So, maybe not the best decision? But it's a deliberate decision.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response Bowen. However, my counter-argument is that I would like to be able to set up my son and daughter by lighting secret passage for them. Just food for thought. I would rather do the hard work and let them enjoy playing the monsters. However, my daughter somehow set my machine's record for Cold Ethyl speed run...so maybe she doesn't need my help.

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Gotcha. Thanks for the response Bowen. However, my counter-argument is that I would like to be able to set up my son and daughter by lighting secret passage for them. Just food for thought. I would rather do the hard work and let them enjoy playing the monsters. However, my daughter somehow set my machine's record for Cold Ethyl speed run...so maybe she doesn't need my help.

I agree here. The fun of coop for me is setting stuff up for the other players, not competing with them

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

So we made similar decisions for ACNC co-op. Chop progress is cumulative because it can apply to everyone, but if I lit the secret passage, I want to be able to claim it ... So, maybe not the best decision? But it's a deliberate decision.

When in doubt, I say make it an option in the menu and let the owners decide what they prefer.

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Ron Jeremy's Nightmare Castle!

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Welcome to the club! You're going to love the game. It's truly something special.

Thanks! Can't afford the butter cabinet, but I am opting for the blue powdercoat, side art, and plastic protectors at a minimum. Not interested in light up speakers, but I am curious about the knocker and shaker motor. I'll probably add the knocker, but shaker motors drive me crazy so I will probably pass on it. How much do you guys feel it actually adds to the experience? At what times in the game does the shaker go off?

Any opinions about the target decals?

#1389 4 years ago

What about a Mid Night Madness Mode?

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Thanks! Can't afford the butter cabinet, but I am opting for the blue powdercoat, side art, and plastic protectors at a minimum. Not interested in light up speakers, but I am curious about the knocker and shaker motor. I'll probably add the knocker, but shaker motors drive me crazy so I will probably pass on it. How much do you guys feel it actually adds to the experience? At what times in the game does the shaker go off?

The plastic protectors that spooky supply are only clear, pinball life now supply plastic protectors in fluorescent green, they would look great on that game, also spooky have target decals, just ask them for a set to be installed on your machine. In my opinion the shaker kit is great on this game,
Hope this info helps.
Cheers

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Thanks! Can't afford the butter cabinet, but I am opting for the blue powdercoat, side art, and plastic protectors at a minimum. Not interested in light up speakers, but I am curious about the knocker and shaker motor.

Does anyone have the price of the options for the game? I used to have them but cant find them anymore.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

If you are looking to add experience, I would opt for the speaker LEDs. We just took all of the options and this one is nice, definitely sets the tone by matching the modes with the PF. Just my 2 cents.

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Does anyone have the price of the options for the game? I used to have them but cant find them anymore.

67244697-4718-4B1F-BC58-4DACB6C072FB (resized).png67244697-4718-4B1F-BC58-4DACB6C072FB (resized).png
#1394 4 years ago

Made it from Benton to Abu Dhabi! Spooky was caring enough to even install the proper receptacle and plug-in ready!

7834EF67-80FE-4A30-A64B-65612C726C42 (resized).jpeg7834EF67-80FE-4A30-A64B-65612C726C42 (resized).jpegEC2DF2D1-932D-4D69-8B76-E2D6D53DBC93 (resized).jpegEC2DF2D1-932D-4D69-8B76-E2D6D53DBC93 (resized).jpeg
#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

No decals for me, but the shaker can be set to very mild. Its not a gut punch.

#1396 4 years ago

How come the target stickers are not listed as an option?

#1397 4 years ago

I replaced my Frankenstien and Igor lights but they still don't illuminate. Traced the wires back under the playfield and all seems fine.

Any ideas? Waiting on spooky tech support to email me back in the mean time

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

How come the target stickers are not listed as an option?

We added them just about a month ago. That is the price list we sent out at the begining of the run. Decals are $6.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

We added them just about a month ago. That is the price list we sent out at the begining of the run. Decals are $6.

I should have refused delivery.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I should have refused delivery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,004 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/28?hl=ccporter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.