(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,003 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by sleepygtr
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 161.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What is the benefit of using a distributor? I never really understood why Spooky even has any distributors. I prefer to buy direct from them and put more money in their pockets. They are easy to communicate with and provide great support. Not sure what a distributor adds, except taking part of the profits away from Spooky.

I agree. However, the distro I bought from got me in at 148. I would have been in the high 400’s if I had gone through spooky. I didn’t wanna wait!

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Can the game be ordered with glow in the dark rubber rings?

I don’t think so, but I’m really tempted to put Titan GITD on it. It’s the first game I’ve owned that I think they might look good on. Just not sure with the color changing GI cause then clear really pops. Idk

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I agree. However, the distro I bought from got me in at 148. I would have been in the high 400’s if I had gone through spooky. I didn’t wanna wait!

Fair point. I should have mentioned in my response that, although this game is very cool and I'd love to own it ASAP in a perfect world, I'm in no rush due to other considerations. End of year is okay by me.

#1254 4 years ago

161 in the house!

1467A421-152A-4585-A1B3-9ACA92EB30AB (resized).jpeg1467A421-152A-4585-A1B3-9ACA92EB30AB (resized).jpeg
#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

161 in the house!

Look at that QC in action, thank god the screw is in place, who cares if the rest of the game is ok, you can sleep tonight now!

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I got my email today to customize my game too. I am number 219...

I highly suggest the powder coated coin door latch!

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

161 in the house![quoted image]

Yet another post where I wish I could give it more than one thumbs up.

#1258 4 years ago

What kind of wax are you guys using on the coin door latch? I hit it with two coats of Mothers three but i don't want to do more damage than good.

#1259 4 years ago

That latch shit was real? He sent his game back to Wisconsin over a coin door latch? 10 bucks says Charlie finds the son of a bitch in the back of the cabinet. Man, talk about a real cross nailing. Maybe get into Faberge Eggs or something less breaky and requiring of some basic know how and some spare parts.

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

161 in the house![quoted image]

There is nothing worse than an owner with a "loose screw"

Quoted from gambit3113:

That latch shit was real? He sent his game back to Wisconsin over a coin door latch? 10 bucks says Charlie finds the son of a bitch in the back of the cabinet. Man, talk about a real cross nailing. Maybe get into Faberge Eggs or something less breaky and requiring of some basic know how and some spare parts.

I think he was all butthurt and his pride left him no alternative. Pride is not a virtue.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Called him 10 minutes ago and left a message. Thank you.
Who wants game #164? Soon to be refurbished with a new coin door latch.
Plastic protectors, interior graphics, knocker, shaker, blue powdercoat, and a lighted speaker kit... will ship as soon as we get it back and go through it.

Me. Happy to trade down from 361! I also have a box full of replacement locks and latches.

#1262 4 years ago

ebay.com link: 7 8 ARCADE PINBALL COIN DOOR KEYLESS THUMB LOCK NO MORE KEYS TO LOOSE

I usually change my locks out to thumb locks. I've had one too many get broken off in the lock or kids take them.
Toss the keyed locks in a bag until a show or when you sell a game.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

ebay.com link » 7 8 Arcade Pinball Coin Door Keyless Thumb Lock No More Keys To Loose
I usually change my locks out to thumb locks. I've had one too many get broken off in the lock or kids take them.
Toss the keyed locks in a bag until a show or when you sell a game.

I went to thumb locks for this issue about a year ago on my games. So much nicer.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I think he was all butthurt and his pride left him no alternative.

That may have been a part of it and I did give him the benefit of doubt in the beginning. But I now believe he's the type of guy that goes looking for trouble and wanted to grandstand as a tough guy. I've seen that act before.

The screen shot of quotes I'm posting summarizes for me the story of two completely different people and what happened here. The accusation of Charlie being snarky is embarrassing and Mthirkell's response especially so.

I know which man I'll help and do business with on any level and which one I will avoid at all cost.
zzzzSpooky (resized).pngzzzzSpooky (resized).png

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What is the benefit of using a distributor? I never really understood why Spooky even has any distributors. I prefer to buy direct from them and put more money in their pockets. They are easy to communicate with and provide great support. Not sure what a distributor adds, except taking part of the profits away from Spooky.

I would guess that having a distributor that can service the machine under warranty would be the main advantage, along with getting a machine earlier like ChrisThePintern said. This will be only my second NIB and my previous was a Stern, which I could only get through a distributor. So I will admit to being less than knowledgeable about such things.

#1266 4 years ago

I’m curious: what difficulty setting is everyone setting their game to and what’s your high score? Had anyone made any playfield modifications that affected gameplay?

I set mine to the hardest and managed 140 million roughly. It’s such a rewarding thing to finish a monster mode. Really enjoying the game.

#1267 4 years ago

I set mine to the hardest

To clarify about the settings ... they are just adjusting how easy the modes are to start. Modes themselves appear to be the same. From Fawz:

“difficulty level simply puts you close to the monster room depending on difficulty. Easy puts you at dungeon/lab after skillshot. schools, is the default and puts you on the outside of the map. nightmare is the way the game was originally set up..have to travel the whole castle”

I put my game on Easy Action for the launch party the other night, so most people would be able to start monster modes. I did a tutorial before the event, to show people how to start a mode. Went well!

rd

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To clarify about the settings ... they are just adjusting how easy the modes are to start. Modes themselves appear to be the same. From Fawz:
“difficulty level simply puts you close to the monster room depending on difficulty. Easy puts you at dungeon/lab after skillshot. schools, is the default and puts you on the outside of the map. nightmare is the way the game was originally set up..have to travel the whole castle”
I put my game on Easy Action for the launch party the other night, so most people would be able to start monster modes. I did a tutorial before the event, to show people how to start a mode. Went well!
rd

Yup! And it definitely makes the game harder! I really like the level of thought put into the code. What was the high score on the night, if ya recall?

I’m hoping for another multi ball that you can “build to” that isn’t the wizard mode (like disco multiball on Deadpool pro) on top of the two two balls that exist.

#1269 4 years ago

What was the high score on the night, if ya recall?

Dunno, but I got 350m yesterday with it back on regular settings.

Haven’t got to the end of it yet but got close twice.

rd

#1270 4 years ago

This game is so much fun!

#1271 4 years ago

Code is still early but already some nice little touches in there. Got my first stretch bonus in the dungeon tonight which I wasnt expecting. Cant wait to see what else they add to it

#1272 4 years ago

Many of the rooms seem to have collectible objects that may be used as weapons, aka Monster Bash. You can see them if you look closely. For example, The Parlor has guns, The Library has a cross, The Kitchen has poison, The Conservatory has a scissors, The Laboratory has dynamite. Hopefully these are coded in the next release.

I also like the hidden feature in the Dungeon. It would be cool if each room had a hidden feature, whereby a certain sequence of shots would reveal the secret, like a multi-ball, extra ball, 2x playfield, hold bonus, instant monster kill, or even a mystery monster

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That may have been a part of it and I did give him the benefit of doubt in the beginning. But I now believe he's the type of guy that goes looking for trouble and wanted to grandstand as a tough guy. I've seen that act before.
The accusation of Charlie being snarky is embarrassing and Mthirkell's response especially so.

Why not handle the problem via email or phone call? Why post the issue on pinside and immediately rip on quality control for a missing screw? That speaks volumes IMO.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Code is still early but already some nice little touches in there. Got my first stretch bonus in the dungeon tonight which I wasnt expecting. Cant wait to see what else they add to it

I thought they just released a big code polish loaded with goodies? Was under the impression the game is practically complete...

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I thought they just released a big code polish loaded with goodies? Was under the impression the game is practically complete...

The game is completely playable as is but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some deeper code, maybe more modes and multi-balls. I think there are two now, Crypt and Frankenstein. It seems that more depth could be added to the rule set. Perhaps some easy modes for casual players and a video mode or two?

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It seems that more depth could be added to the rule set. Perhaps some easy modes for casual players and a video mode or two?

Quoted from netman63129:

Many of the rooms seem to have collectible objects that may be used as weapons, aka Monster Bash. You can see them if you look closely. For example, The Parlor has guns, The Library has a cross, The Kitchen has poison, The Conservatory has a scissors, The Laboratory has dynamite. Hopefully these are coded in the next release.
I also like the hidden feature in the Dungeon. It would be cool if each room had a hidden feature, whereby a certain sequence of shots would reveal the secret, like a multi-ball, extra ball, 2x playfield, hold bonus, instant monster kill, or even a mystery monster

It would be awesome to find these items that can be used during the monster modes! It is tough to finish modes in this game, it's really really tough to finish multiple modes to get to the wiz mode, so this could add some variety in how to approach and progress in the game.

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

The game is completely playable as is but I personally wouldn't mind seeing some deeper code, maybe more modes and multi-balls. I think there are two now, Crypt and Frankenstein. It seems that more depth could be added to the rule set. Perhaps some easy modes for casual players and a video mode or two?

Ah... I understand. I thought You'd heard from Spooky that current code is considered early. sound like you have a wish list... but it might not be grounded by actual chatter from the shop?

#1278 4 years ago

I believe the weapons we placed into the rooms purposefully. If my memory isn't failing me, the initial brainstorming for the game was to have the game be a bit of a dungeon crawl. I'm unsure they are still a part of the current coding plans.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some deeper code

Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the weapons we placed into the rooms purposefully... I'm unsure they are still a part of the current coding plans.

The best laid plans of mice and men ...

#1280 4 years ago

Just started a pity monster mode on ball three with a couple million points on the board and took it to 191m. I love this game. Cant wait for another update.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the weapons we placed into the rooms purposefully. If my memory isn't failing me, the initial brainstorming for the game was to have the game be a bit of a dungeon crawl. I'm unsure they are still a part of the current coding plans.

I have to believe that with all the games that Bowen has mastered, he has some great ideas to make the code deeper and provide long-term playability. I really like what he has done so far with the variety of monster modes and the subsequent rewards. I look forward to more

#1282 4 years ago

I'm hoping for more oomph from Crypt Multiball. There's no music right now or anything to make the multiball more exciting. I have trouble figuring out if glowing shots are Crypt Jackpots or just that was lit before I started the MB.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Just started a pity monster mode on ball three with a couple million points on the board and took it to 191m. I love this game. Cant wait for another update.

Had the same thing happen a couple days ago. Pit creature started on ball 3 with crypt mb soon thereafter and ended up ~112 million. For me it seems like I'm either hitting every shot on this game, or none at all.

#1284 4 years ago

I'm loving this game, but I do think it has even more potential. I'd like to see Billion Dollar Babies turned into a mini-wizard mode, and a harder to reach wizard mode added. As it stands, I believe you reach Billion Dollar Babies by simply starting all the monster modes. It would be really cool if there was a separate wizard mode that required you to defeat all the monsters. This would be similar to Sea of Simulation/Portal on Tron. Make the wizard mode "School's Out", and this would instantly become one of the best game ever made!

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

The best laid plans of mice and men ...

...all take time to achieve. Thank goodness we have 2 programmers now.

Still lots of polish to go in this game everyone. It's already the deepest game we've ever made, and more to come! We'll be adding / fixing / polishing for months, and we're happy to do so.

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Still lots of polish to go in this game everyone. It's already the deepest game we've ever made, and more to come! We'll be adding / fixing / polishing for months, and we're happy to do so.

Awesome, thanks Charlie! And when can we expect the new songs in the game, both Poison and I'm Eighteen? (Figure if I ask enough I may will it into existence)

#1287 4 years ago

So, Medisinyl has some awesome mods (I will be ordering some of these). Is there any custom shooter rods in the works? I’m a sucker for good custom shooter rods.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

...I love this game. ...

Tell Nick Lane.

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, medisinyl has some awesome mods (I will be ordering some of these). Is there any custom shooter rods in the works? I’m a sucker for good custom shooter rods.

Dude this game is like Carmen Electra... Rod-less

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Awesome, thanks Charlie! And when can we expect the new songs in the game, both Poison and I'm Eighteen? (Figure if I ask enough I may will it into existence)

Spooky can chime in but I don't believe that this game was ever intended to be an Alice Cooper Greatest Hits pin. The songs seem to be chosen that go best with the "Nightmare" theme of the game. I am always up for more music but I can't see how I'm Eighteen or School's Out would fit the theme? Poison...perhaps if you acquired the poison bottle from the kitchen and used it on the Insects

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Haha, just saw my error! What was I thinking. Oh, well. Carmen Electra is hot...so I’ll accept my stupidity, and enjoy the view! That does beg the question...maybe a custom shooter button would be cooler. I’d buy it. Any thoughts?

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Haha, just saw my error! What was I thinking. Oh, well. Carmen Electra is hot...so I’ll accept my stupidity, and enjoy the view! That does beg the question...maybe a custom shooter button would be cooler. I’d buy it. Any thoughts?

Heck yeah! It truly is the first rod-less game where I don’t miss the rod.

#1293 4 years ago

He said rod....

3E7A89AD-B570-4426-8B8A-A3464CE19F06 (resized).png3E7A89AD-B570-4426-8B8A-A3464CE19F06 (resized).png
#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, medisinyl has some awesome mods (I will be ordering some of these). Is there any custom shooter rods in the works? I’m a sucker for good custom shooter rods.

Quoted from sleepygtr:

I've had a shooter button mod in mind for awhile, but I have yet to figure out how to do it in a way I'd be happy with. Perhaps one day if someone else doesn't make something first.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Spooky can chime in but I don't believe that this game was ever intended to be an Alice Cooper Greatest Hits pin. The songs seem to be chosen that go best with the "Nightmare" theme of the game. I am always up for more music but I can't see how I'm Eighteen or School's Out would fit the theme? Poison...perhaps if you acquired the poison bottle from the kitchen and used it on the Insects

Charlie may chime in but this was mentioned in the past and he said that he will only add songs if the request comes from Alice.

To which I said, let's try to get Alice onboard! Fan club, signing at shows... spread the word.

I do agree that the songs or clips would have to be relevant but there really are a lot of songs to pick from

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm really like the game already, but since you keep mentioning it, what would be your ideal song selection? Below is mine, which is a bit more of a greatest hits. Sorry, those are the songs I know best. I could not think of a way to include School's Out, I'm Eighteen, or Under My Wheels. I did include his two biggest non-cover hits from Hollywood Vampires. I think Raise the Dead would have been perfect for Zombies. I did put Who's Laughting Now for the Tentacle Creature, but obviously that would be more ideal for something like a Killer Clown.

Cold Ethyl (Replace Cold Ethyl with Bed of Nails)
Frankenstein (Feed My Frankenstein)
Igor (Replace Lost in America with Hey Stoopid)
Insects (Replace It’s the Little Things with Poison)
Tentacle Creature (Replace Go to Hell with Who’s Laughing Now)
Vampire (Replace Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever with Welcome to My Nightmare)
Wherewolf (No More Mr. Nice Guy)
Zombies (Replace Brutal Planet with Raise the Dead)
Wizard Mode (Billion Dollar Babies)

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm really like the game already, but since you keep mentioning it, what would be your ideal song selection? Below is mine, which is a bit more of a greatest hits. Sorry, those are the songs I know best. I could not think of a way to include School's Out, I'm Eighteen, or Under My Wheels. I did include his two biggest non-cover hits from Hollywood Vampires. I think Raise the Dead would have been perfect for Zombies. I did put Who's Laughting Now for the Tentacle Creature, but obviously that would be more idea for something like a Killer Clown.
Cold Ethyl (Replace Cold Ethyl with Bed of Nails)
Frankenstein (Feed My Frankenstein)
Igor (Replace Lost in America with Hey Stoopid)
Insects (Replace It’s the Little Things with Poison)
Tentacle Creature (Replace Go to Hell with Who’s Laughing Now)
Vampire (Replace Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever with Welcome to My Nightmare)
Wherewolf (No More Mr. Nice Guy)
Zombies (Replace Brutal Planet with Raise the Dead)
Wizard Mode (Billion Dollar Babies)

I agree with all of your choices with one exception, Disco Bloodbath, which I thought at first was a silly choice but everyone who plays the machine seems to love this song lol

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You mean custom button?

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I agree with all of your choices with one exception, Disco Bloodbath, which I thought at first was a silly choice but everyone who plays the machine seems to love this song lol

I love this song. Never heard it before until I played ACNC. My wife and I played the game and both got to this song and never wanted it to end.

I am in 100% agreement with you. That songs gotta stay.

#1300 4 years ago

I just want a "Hey, Stoopid" callout after a quick drain/ball save!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 20.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,003 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/26?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.